Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan (73792 Views)

Kanu Reacts To Osaze's Allegation Against His Wife, Amara (video) / Osaze Odemwingie Apologizes To Peter Okoye. Mr P Reacts / Osaze Odemwingie: Amara, Kanu Nwankwo's Wife Chasing Me In My DM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by Sainty92: 8:54am On Jul 07, 2019
Odinaka00:

You are missing the point, Bafana team was very fantastic against Egypt last night. Not just that they scored a goal but they created a lot of chances and made more attempts more than the Egyptians.. They didnt fear the Pharos, they played like warriors. Super Eagles could have played with jittery if it were them that played against Egypt last night.

Their defence was solid and I just pray and hope that Super Eagles strikes can penetrate through that defence cuz those defenders are super fast and quick that's why Salah didn't play anything.

I pray we win them on Wednesday though. When you are discussing football try and drop sentiment aside and focus on reality if you 're a true soccer fan
Why won't South Africa be fearless wen they know they have nothing to lose? They came into the match as the least of all the 16 teams in the round of 16(4th best 3rd place team). They know if they lose to Egypt, it will not be a news so naturally they would be fearless and enjoy their game. Against Nigeria they would be more under pressure because they are no more regarded as underdogs in the competition eventhough Nigeria will be favorite for the tie.

10 Likes

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by oluwasegun007(m): 9:29am On Jul 07, 2019
Dis epic response just aroused me sexually...

What a bad ass history teacher..
Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:43am On Jul 07, 2019
Where's the epic response

1 Like

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by greggng: 10:44am On Jul 07, 2019
There is something about our team I don't like...they can't stand constant pressure...I believe the technical team should work on that
Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by karma2000: 10:44am On Jul 07, 2019
Not to worry karma will expose the difference when they in the next round of knockout stage
Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 07, 2019
Any team with players who move beats nigeria
Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 07, 2019
Odemigwe made the post, the South African responded! Why did the OP turn it the other way round?

All these bloggers sniffing cow dung! undecided

4 Likes

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by Unionised(m): 10:44am On Jul 07, 2019
Arsenalholic:
I really wish Nigerian fans will tone down the bragging. Just allow the boys get to it and give it their best shot

One thing is crystal clear: this South African team is MILES better than the one we walloped in 2004. Plus our team is weaker compared to the SE team of 2004.

I was in awe watching the Bafana Bafana against Egypt. It was easily the most interesting game I'VE WATCHED at the tournament yet. They PRESSED Egypt and played some intricate, top-notch pass and move game. That was nice to see.

I hope our coach finally gets the memo and unleash our new golden boy, Chukwueze from the get-go. Just as Percy Tau will occupy Aina, I would like Chukwueze to occupy that Lanthi guy in RSA's "3" position.

Egypt were complacent tactically.

Any coach worth his pay should know that they ought to starve South Africa space to run about.

softwork...
Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by udemzyudex(m): 10:52am On Jul 07, 2019
macklef:

Oh pls chukwueze contribution was just a coincidence.
This is how we are fast to label people superstars. Just cos of one hit. Then by the next match that coincidence does not repeat itself you call him a flop.
Thats why we have so much mediocrity in this country esp in music.

Do you watch him play in villarreal? The guy is good, though he holds the ball too much but he is good.

1 Like

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by Fsekillmonger: 10:57am On Jul 07, 2019
Tolexander:
The same South Africa that qualified out of her group as best looser with 3 points?

South Africa is our perennial girlfriend, we sabi knack dem kpekus

Stop that unnecessary hype on South African team. What made them qualify for the next round was the fact that there is a best loser. A loser is a loser. If there wasn’t best loser, would Za team have qualified, let alone beating Egypt?

If they are that good like you painted it, how come they won only a game against the weakest team in their group, Namibia, and couldn’t defeat the other two teams, Morocco and Ivory Coast?

To answer your last question...TEAM COHESIVENESS & UNDERSTANDING...

The fact that they held Egypt and eventually won Egypt hasn’t made them greater than what they are. Moreover, majority of their squad are home based and not major players in European football where football really happens. So what made their squad outbeats ours?
Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by Dreambeat: 10:57am On Jul 07, 2019
prince3009:
Odemigwe made the post, the South African responded! Why did the OP turn it the other way round?

All these bloggers sniffing cow dung! undecided
No.The other way round
Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by Kenturkey048(m): 10:57am On Jul 07, 2019
Joromi12:
Any team with players who move beats nigeria
na lie... .if you say this...Algeria for dey always beat us...because I see no team in Africa faster than the Algerian national team...
Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by Lordapson23(m): 10:58am On Jul 07, 2019
Tolexander:
The same South Africa that qualified out of her group as best looser with 3 points?

Stop that unnecessary hype on South African team. What made them qualify for the next round was the fact that there is a best loser. A loser is a loser. If there wasn’t best loser, would Za team have qualified, let alone beating Egypt?

If they are that good like you painted it, how come they won only a game against the weakest team in their group, Namibia, and couldn’t defeat the other two teams, Morocco and Ivory Coast?

The fact that they held Egypt and eventually won Egypt hasn’t made them greater than what they are. Moreover, majority of their squad are home based and not major players in European football where football really happens. So what made their squad outbeats ours?

Brazil qualified for Korea/Japan 2002 as best losers.. I’m sure u know who won that year’s World Cup.. Just sayin

6 Likes

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:58am On Jul 07, 2019
Tolexander:

I can understand your sentiment,I share it too. But truth be told, those southtees were very solid against the Egyptians yesterday. They displayed a first class performance regardless of how they managed or were lucky to have qualified. I strongly believe Eagles are more than capable of knocking them out of afcon. We have to muscle them in the midfield and prevent them from playing their usual tiki-taka kind of pattern. They are good with set pieces too ,we need to watch that as well. Etebo and Ndidi must not 'smile' at all on the day!

Eagles will triumph. Go Eagles!

5 Likes

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by Nathphil(m): 11:00am On Jul 07, 2019
lereinter:

That's if rohr doesn't not continue with his useless tactics

Old men are rarely innovative and dynamic
are u saying that ....... grin
Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by stagger: 11:01am On Jul 07, 2019
macklef:

Oh pls chukwueze contribution was just a coincidence.
This is how we are fast to label people superstars. Just cos of one hit. Then by the next match that coincidence does not repeat itself you call him a flop.
Thats why we have so much mediocrity in this country esp in music.

Coincidence? You know nothing about football.

Georges Makanjes was on a yellow card. When Chukwueze was introduced, it caused real concern on Seedorf's face. Watch the clip again and see how he went to talk to Kluivert about it on the bench. As a result of that substitution, see what happened:

a) Makanjes was substituted because Seedorf knew the chances of him being turned by Chukwueze was high. Makanjes would have had to tackle and he most likely would have been sent off. He was subbed for Aguissi who was a less effective marker.

b) Knowing that Aguissi was going to have problems marking a quicker, faster and more masterful dribbler in Chukwueze, an extra player was drafted to help Aguissi mark Chukwueze, unlike having just one defender in Makanjes who clearly marked off Moses Simon. Deploying an extra defender meant a distortion of the original defensive formation of Cameroon and this is what opened the spaces for Musa, Iwobi and Ighalo to start incursions from the middle. Led to our 3rd goal.

Seedorf showed clearly that he is still an apprentice coach. Gernot Rohr outsmarted him tactically.

9 Likes

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by Adakintroy2: 11:01am On Jul 07, 2019
Arsenalholic:
I really wish Nigerian fans will tone down the bragging. Just allow the boys get to it and give it their best shot

One thing is crystal clear: this South African team is MILES better than the one we walloped in 2004. Plus our team is weaker compared to the SE team of 2004.

I was in awe watching the Bafana Bafana against Egypt. It was easily the most interesting game I'VE WATCHED at the tournament yet. They PRESSED Egypt and played some intricate, top-notch pass and move game. That was nice to see.

I hope our coach finally gets the memo and unleash our new golden boy, Chukwueze from the get-go. Just as Percy Tau will occupy Aina, I would like Chukwueze to occupy that Lanthi guy in RSA's "3" position.

Oga leave that thing. South Africa na our iyawo.

We know how to cage them. No be sprigbook rugby world cup we DE talk here.

2 Likes

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by BluntBoy(m): 11:02am On Jul 07, 2019
Arsenalholic:
How many of this present team's game have you watched in this tournament? Let's start from there...

I watched all the matches. There have been many low quality games generally, unlike in 2004.

South African team merely improved in quality while many other teams are obviously regressing.

Generally, every South African team has always been impressive to watch with poor end results. Did you watch them in 2004? Did you watch them in 2010 World Cup, especially against Mexico and France?

That is South Africa for you. Very sleek, a beauty to watch, with largely poor results to show for it.
Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 07, 2019
Dreambeat:
No.The other way round

Go back and look at the screenshot very well. I am not a twitter adherent but I still know my way around the place. His post was first and the SA guy's reply (response) was below and smaller which is normal in twitter!
Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by enemyofprogress: 11:06am On Jul 07, 2019
Osaze Odewimgwe the best defender the super eagles has ever produced
Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by dominique(f): 11:09am On Jul 07, 2019
I'd rather rely on recent history when south Africa whupped us 2 nil in Uyo and we managed to draw them 1-1 in the return leg. There used to be a time when the Bafana boys were a walkover for us, not anymore. Underestimate them at your own risk.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by mysticwarrior(m): 11:11am On Jul 07, 2019
Even if we are sleeping the Eagles will still beat South Africa, South Africa has never beaten Nigerian at a major tournament.
Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by Kenturkey048(m): 11:16am On Jul 07, 2019
stagger:

Coincidence? You know nothing about football.

Georges Makanjes was on a yellow card. When Chukwueze was introduced, it caused real concern on Seedorf's face. Watch the clip again and see how he went to talk to Kluivert about it on the bench. As a result of that substitution, see what happened:

a) Makanjes was substituted because Seedorf knew the chances of him being turned by Chukwueze was high. Makanjes would have had to tackle and he most likely would have been sent off. He was subbed for Aguissi who was a less effective marker.

b) Knowing that Aguissi was going to have problems marking a quicker, faster and more masterful dribbler in Chukwueze, an extra player was drafted to help Aguissi mark Chukwueze, unlike having just one defender in Makanjes who clearly marked off Moses Simon. Deploying an extra defender meant a distortion of the original defensive formation of Cameroon and this is what opened the spaces for Musa, Iwobi and Ighalo to start incursions from the middle. Led to our 3rd goal.

Seedorf showed clearly that he is still an apprentice coach. Gernot Rohr outsmarted him tactically.
when you meet people who watches the game of football to learn understand and technically analyse the game not just for arguments....I duff my hat for you ...na man you be..

4 Likes

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by Kenturkey048(m): 11:17am On Jul 07, 2019
dominique:
I'd rather rely on recent history when south Africa whupped us 2 nil in Uyo and we managed to draw them 1-1 in the return leg. There used to be a time when the Bafana boys were a walkover for us, not anymore. Underestimate them at your own risk.
and we topped that same group having them and qualified with an extra match to go...they had to wait till their last match to confirm their qualification...

1 Like

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 07, 2019
Tolexander:
I can remember this match Odemwingie mentioned. Tunisia 2004 nations cup.

That match brought Odemwingie to our focus, as he was relatively unknown in the national team as at then. Brought into the match and scored a brace.

Seems Like Odemwingie’s memory failed him a lill. It was actually 4-0, not 4-1

Unlike you that had too google it, he was spontaneous in his reply. Our work in Nigeria is to dig for bad in the good. You be bros, I've been seeing your moniker for over 6 years, you no try

1 Like

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by Jarus(m): 11:22am On Jul 07, 2019
Arsenalholic:

I still prefer SA to Egypt. We sabi handle SA for competition.
Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by godwon01(m): 11:27am On Jul 07, 2019
micfoley:
The match will be tough o but we will prevail by GOD'S grace
Amen.IJN.

1 Like

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by ComeAndobo: 11:29am On Jul 07, 2019
Tolexander:

Nigeria got beaten by Madagascar. Underrate South Africa at your own peril. You think it's easy to beat a North African host country? If the Super Eagles and their tactically bereft coach don't take this like a Grade A game. Embarrassment is waiting for you all

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Argentina Vs Saudi Arabia: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: (1 - 2) On 22nd Nov 2022 / The Best Daily 2+ Odds Around 95%wins / Cristiano Ronaldo Leaves Pitch ANGRY After Disallowed Goal Vs Serbia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.