Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan (73791 Views)

Kanu Reacts To Osaze's Allegation Against His Wife, Amara (video) / Osaze Odemwingie Apologizes To Peter Okoye. Mr P Reacts / Osaze Odemwingie: Amara, Kanu Nwankwo's Wife Chasing Me In My DM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by safarigirl(f): 12:45pm On Jul 07, 2019
dominique:

I'm more interested in our head-to-head results with them than our group standings
the scorelines don't always reflect the full story

In the second leg, SA used home advantage to cancel out two goals we could have scored. The referee falsely attributed those goals as offside, so na wuru wuru den use escape flogging.

Thankfully, there will be VAR in these Quarter finals, SA is renowned for cheating in football. Recall how their World Cup qualifying game against Senegal had to be replayed after that daylight robbery at home?

Egypt wasn't such a good team, to be honest. Their tactics were poor and centered on one player; you mark out Salah, you mark out Egypt. Nigeria isn't a one-man team, SA will find it more difficult against us without home advantage

5 Likes

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by macklef(m): 12:56pm On Jul 07, 2019
stagger:

Coincidence? You know nothing about football.

Georges Makanjes was on a yellow card. When Chukwueze was introduced, it caused real concern on Seedorf's face. Watch the clip again and see how he went to talk to Kluivert about it on the bench. As a result of that substitution, see what happened:

a) Makanjes was substituted because Seedorf knew the chances of him being turned by Chukwueze was high. Makanjes would have had to tackle and he most likely would have been sent off. He was subbed for Aguissi who was a less effective marker.

b) Knowing that Aguissi was going to have problems marking a quicker, faster and more masterful dribbler in Chukwueze, an extra player was drafted to help Aguissi mark Chukwueze, unlike having just one defender in Makanjes who clearly marked off Moses Simon. Deploying an extra defender meant a distortion of the original defensive formation of Cameroon and this is what opened the spaces for Musa, Iwobi and Ighalo to start incursions from the middle. Led to our 3rd goal.

Seedorf showed clearly that he is still an apprentice coach. Gernot Rohr outsmarted him tactically.
So now gernot rohr too is tactically smart. I hope you keep this assertions through out the tournament.
Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by DonMekino(m): 1:11pm On Jul 07, 2019
the match against South Africa exposed Arsenal midfielder Elneny, he has no legs for high tempo games, got mugged off the park by Furman and Co..... and that's where I think Nigeria will be different from Egypt when we face South Africa, Etebo has the energy though sloppy with passes times, Ndidi is good at breaking plays while Iwobi tracks back when we lose possession, though finally the team with better clinical instincts will win. Don't forget Sallah and Trezeguet could have given them lead yesterday but their profligacy in front of goal proved disastrous at the end.

1 Like

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by makeherscream(m): 1:17pm On Jul 07, 2019
Nigeria will destroy them this time its going to be more than 4 goals ;DNigeria will destroy them this time its going to be more than 4 goals
Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by deltateam: 1:23pm On Jul 07, 2019
joseph1832:
I just hope if South Africa lose they won't go about killing and maiming Nigerians.

Hahaha. They are a frustrated lot.
Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by gregyboy(m): 1:26pm On Jul 07, 2019
RealGOAT:
With this reply I can see that you don't watch football,may be you watch only Nigeria games. Chukwueze introduction distracted the Cameroonian defense bcus two players always marked him whenever he has the ball. What that means is that it opens spaces for other players to move freely. He didn't assist or score but his contribution gave us the first and second goal within 6 minutes which Simon Moses couldn't do.

Hmm..biafran arguing for your brothers
football in nigeria is igbo against edo
Since yesterday the igbos have been trying thier best to draw attention to themselves instead of celebrating both party they choose only Thiers .
This would make other tribes downgrade Chukwueze
make una use una head ipob

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by Reference(m): 1:27pm On Jul 07, 2019
Arsenalholic:
"Just a coincidence" ke.

Well, FYI, there's nothing "coincidental" about his performance. I have followed his progress all throughout last season for Villarreal. And there's every reason to be excited about the lad.

He was immense in the first game against Burundi and served as an outlet when he came on today. If you watched well you would have seen how many times the defenders, midfielders and even Musa switched play to him when he came on. It clearly shows that they know and trust his ability.

Truth be told, I don't get over excited about players like many. But I have found genuine reasons to be excited about this boy. And even if in the end he doesn't leave up to the hype then so be it.

I have said it many, many times. He is the next biggest thing out of Nigerian soccer and his set up is just about right. Playing in a technical league against the biggest teams and players in Europe albeit for a relatively small club had not only created opportunity for him to develop but also the courage to face the challenges that come with it.

I quite frankly wish he was an orphan so that he won't be under the kind of pressure typical Nigerian athletes are to bring in the bacon fast at the expense of their careers, professional competencies and longevity at the very top. I'm in two minds about his Nations Cup appreances so far. I want to see him unleash his immense talents by good playing time but I also appreciate that it can quite easily get to his head moreso in a den of vipers the national team can be.

That guy is the real deal. Wish him the very best.

2 Likes

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by Ubdavis(m): 1:27pm On Jul 07, 2019
Arsenalholic:
"Just a coincidence" ke.

Well, FYI, there's nothing "coincidental" about his performance. I have followed his progress all throughout last season for Villarreal. And there's every reason to be excited about the lad.

He was immense in the first game against Burundi and served as an outlet when he came on today. If you watched well you would have seen how many times the defenders, midfielders and even Musa switched play to him when he came on. It clearly shows that they know and trust his ability.

Truth be told, I don't get over excited about players like many. But I have found genuine reasons to be excited about this boy. And even if in the end he doesn't leave up to the hype then so be it.

My brother, I like the guy, he is a grate talent, i wish to see him play more. However, what contributions did he really bring to that game? , is it the assist or gaols?, I disnt see that, probably he was the mascot of the team, just may be...but extolling him in that match is not necessary to me.
Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by mfm04622: 1:30pm On Jul 07, 2019
Arsenalholic:
I really wish Nigerian fans will tone down the bragging. Just allow the boys get to it and give it their best shot

One thing is crystal clear: this South African team is MILES better than the one we walloped in 2004. Plus our team is weaker compared to the Super Eagles team of 2004.

I was in awe watching the Bafana Bafana against Egypt. It was easily the most interesting game I'VE WATCHED at the tournament yet. They PRESSED Egypt and played some intricate, top-notch pass and move combinations that carved Egypt apart. That was nice to see.

I hope our coach finally gets the memo and unleash our new golden boy, Chukwueze from the get-go. Just as Percy Tau will occupy Aina, I would like Chukwueze to occupy that Lanthi guy in RSA's "3" position.

In the end, I hope we come up with a game plan that wins the game and moves us to the next stage. Up The Eagles!

Press Egypt with less than 35% possession?
Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by Reference(m): 1:46pm On Jul 07, 2019
Odinaka00:

You are missing the point, Bafana team was very fantastic against Egypt last night. Not just that they scored a goal but they created a lot of chances and made more attempts more than the Egyptians.. They didnt fear the Pharos, they played like warriors. Super Eagles could have played with jittery if it were them that played against Egypt last night.

Their defence was solid and I just pray and hope that Super Eagles strikes can penetrate through that defence cuz those defenders are super fast and quick that's why Salah didn't play anything.

I pray we win them on Wednesday though. When you are discussing football try and drop sentiment aside and focus on reality if you 're a true soccer fan

There is something you need to observe and understand here. South Africa football plays to the same pattern as the North African game characterised by quick passing, off the ball movement and torrid pace. This is how Egypt, Algeria, Tunisia and Morocco have played since the eighties and it used to cause us immense problems until our players begun to update their skillset in europe starting from the late nineties and their dominance over us was halted.

Nigeria plays the typical West African game similar to what Cameroun, Ghana, Ivory Coast and to some extent how Senegal plays, that is a slower, deliberate, ball holding and expansive game. In the eighties we could not match the techniques of faster play. That was the problem Egypt had yesterday. They tried in vain to slow the South African play but didn't have the skillset to do that so they lost.

When you play the same technique as your opponent something must give. You either change it or depend on tactics. This is where their coach failed as their clubsides have been recently when they face South African clubs in CAF competitions. SA clubs are the only teams that give the North Africans a run for their miney on the continent so it is no surprise.

Facing Nigeria will be another prospect entirely. Our technics are dissimilar so what will be the decider that day is clear. Whoever is able to play his pattern effectively to script will win. If that is not enough then the dugout will decide, that is whoever is the better gaffer, to play the right formations, to make the right and timely cha ges and all other tactics that matter in a match like that.

One thing for sure, we will not play like Egypt and they find it tough to handle West African team play in tournaments.

1 Like

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by Alezy(m): 1:51pm On Jul 07, 2019
Arsenalholic:
"Just a coincidence" ke.

that boy will prove you right. He has a lot of potentials inside him
Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by Fuckthamods: 1:54pm On Jul 07, 2019
Angelfrost:

Your second paragraph nearly ruined a great submission...

South Africa stepped up against Egypt, and won in a moment of magic, and miscalculation from their opponents... That doesn't make them better than Super Eagles even in the slightest.

Football is about turning up, and converting chances... But, in general team outlook, toe to toe, Super Eagles are actually miles ahead... Chukwueze will easily make a mess of that wing, and which of their strikers is as clinical as Ighalo?
Ighalo is now clinical? grin

1 Like

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by Angelfrost(m): 2:06pm On Jul 07, 2019
Fuckthamods:

Ighalo is now clinical? grin

Lol... When the desirable is not available, the available becomes... You know how e dey be na. How we go do? grin
Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by NIGHTMARE0O7: 2:07pm On Jul 07, 2019
gregyboy:

Since yesterday the igbos have been trying thier best to draw attention to themselves instead of celebrating both party they choose only Thiers .

U can't definitely shit or eat without thing ipob because it gives u heart attack.
U are simply an idiot, if u really had to make this tribal, I can't see where the person ur quoted inserted tribe into his comment, but u foolishly had to... Smh undecided
The first match were ighalo scored, I was the one who blasted people here for ignoring ighalo completely and be praised ola Aina is an of the match..
With this comment foolish of urs I have every reason to stat hating ighalo now, but I will not because I'm not as daft as u are..i give praises to who it's due,.
U said other tribes are talking down on chukwueze? U are very wrong bro. Only ur fellow foolish nairalanders are hating on him.
Just good to ur twitter account and type "chukwueze" U will see the kind love he is getting around the country,
So take ur hate-filled ass to somewhere else.

1 Like

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by GhostWisperer: 2:18pm On Jul 07, 2019
Odinaka00:

You are missing the point, Bafana team was very fantastic against Egypt last night. Not just that they scored a goal but they created a lot of chances and made more attempts more than the Egyptians.. They didnt fear the Pharos, they played like warriors. Super Eagles could have played with jittery if it were them that played against Egypt last night.

Their defence was solid and I just pray and hope that Super Eagles strikes can penetrate through that defence cuz those defenders are super fast and quick that's why Salah didn't play anything.

I pray we win them on Wednesday though. When you are discussing football try and drop sentiment aside and focus on reality if you 're a true soccer fan
what has Salah played in the whole tournament?
Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by victorDanladi: 2:19pm On Jul 07, 2019
macklef:

Oh pls chukwueze contribution was just a coincidence.
This is how we are fast to label people superstars. Just cos of one hit. Then by the next match that coincidence does not repeat itself you call him a flop.
Thats why we have so much mediocrity in this country esp in music.
Like they started equating SARAKI to Almighty TINUBU because of one hit(scamming his party to become president)

where is Saraki today?

Tinubu homeboy the person he calling mere commissioner is still the country vice president,while Tinubu also made his another home boy (Gbajabiamila) the country number 4 man and his Ally Lawan displaced saraki.He even lost his strong hold kwara state grin
Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by odimbannamdi(m): 2:24pm On Jul 07, 2019
Arsenalholic:
I really wish Nigerian fans will tone down the bragging. Just allow the boys get to it and give it their best shot

One thing is crystal clear: this South African team is MILES better than the one we walloped in 2004. Plus our team is weaker compared to the Super Eagles team of 2004.

I was in awe watching the Bafana Bafana against Egypt. It was easily the most interesting game I'VE WATCHED at the tournament yet. They PRESSED Egypt and played some intricate, top-notch pass and move combinations that carved Egypt apart. That was nice to see.

I hope our coach finally gets the memo and unleash our new golden boy, Chukwueze from the get-go. Just as Percy Tau will occupy Aina, I would like Chukwueze to occupy that Lanthi guy in RSA's "3" position.

In the end, I hope we come up with a game plan that wins the game and moves us to the next stage. Up The Eagles!

Your response is very mature, insightful and analytical.

Respect!

1 Like

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by RealGOAT: 2:28pm On Jul 07, 2019
gregyboy:

You are ..., let me not use that word on you. What has tribalism got to do with what I wrote, Ighalo that was the man of of the match did I mentioned or said anything bad against him.
When Mikel was underperforming I was among those that criticized him and I also critized Omeruo for that equalizer, and this guy's Edo?
Pls am not tribalistic when it comes to super eagles or any games Nigeria is playing, I judge and analyse situation based on what I see without being partial.
If you are good in reading games you will understand that chukwueze was the player that changed the complexion of the game,his introduction was perfect from the manager. Simon Moses is not a bad player but the Cameroonian had caged him at that wing but chukwueze is more skillful than him and a fresh leg too.
Pls take your time and rewatch the match bcus one single substitution can make or mar a team.
Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by macklef(m): 2:28pm On Jul 07, 2019
victorDanladi:

Like they started equating SARAKI to Almighty TINUBU because of one hit(scamming his party to become president)

where is Saraki today?

Tinubu homeboy the person he calling mere commissioner is still the country vice president,while Tinubu also made his another home boy (Gbajabiamila) the country number 4 man and his Ally Lawan displaced saraki.He even lost his strong hold kwara state grin
Exactly, we are very quick to hyping people based on just one stunt. Thats all we need to sing praises.
Who realeases album again. Singles is all they need to become an A' list artiste in Nigeria
Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by Lampsy(m): 2:31pm On Jul 07, 2019
DonMekino:
the match against South Africa exposed Arsenal midfielder Elneny, he has no legs for high tempo games, got mugged off the park by Furman and Co..... and that's where I think Nigeria will be different from Egypt when we face South Africa, Etebo has the energy though sloppy with passes times, Ndidi is good at breaking plays while Iwobi tracks back when we lose possession, though finally the team with better clinical instincts will win. Don't forget Sallah and Trezeguet could have given them lead yesterday but their profligacy in front of goal proved disastrous at the end.
I like your assertion. SA pressed highly and must have burnt lot of energy against Egypt.. who had Salah and trezeguet and no plan B.. only wings and easily predictable. Naija plays expansive football on their day sha.. and could penetrate anyhow no one pattern.. SA deserves d respect Dey getting and naija should be fully prepared..

1 Like

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by odimbannamdi(m): 2:38pm On Jul 07, 2019
greggng:
There is something about our team I don't like...they can't stand constant pressure...I believe the technical team should work on that

...they also cant sustain a lead.
Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by wayisshut: 2:42pm On Jul 07, 2019
I watched the south african game with apt and I can only say that team is technically and tactically good. it wiould take teamwork and a clinical striker to finish off the south African team.

Advise for the players: They should play as a unit creating lesser or no space for the south africans to play their tiki taka football. They should defend as a unit and catch them on a fast break.

1 Like

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by Caseless: 2:45pm On Jul 07, 2019
lol...SA is our wife.
Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:49pm On Jul 07, 2019
Tolexander:
I can remember this match Odemwingie mentioned. Tunisia 2004 nations cup.

That match brought Odemwingie to our focus, as he was relatively unknown in the national team as at then. Brought into the match and scored a brace.

Seems Like Odemwingie’s memory failed him a lill. It was actually 4-0, not 4-1
It's not his fault when you beat teams too much you will forget the scorelines
Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by sharpwriter(m): 2:56pm On Jul 07, 2019
henrydadon:

Well said.. We gotta look out for Percy tau.. That guy is lethal
Very lethal... His shots are fire and on point!
Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by sharpwriter(m): 2:56pm On Jul 07, 2019
henrydadon:

Well said.. We gotta look out for Percy tau.. That guy is lethal
Very lethal... His shots are fire and on point!
Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by Ekpoma247: 2:56pm On Jul 07, 2019
[quote author=Tolexander post=80014133]
You're just bragging with these weak eagles. We can only pray and hope that we scale thru.
Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by dvalllis: 3:20pm On Jul 07, 2019
enemyofprogress:
Osaze Odewimgwe the best defender the super eagles has ever produced
Haba! Osaze, a DEFENDER
? You are very good with Nigerian football players and history. grin shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by Heffalump(m): 3:28pm On Jul 07, 2019
CapitalCee:

Dont mind him, that South Africa team with Nomvete, Zuma, Quinton Fortune, Benni McCarthy, Mark Fish, Steven Pennaar, Lucas Radebe and Shaun Bartlett.
The guy no sabi anything.
BluntBoy:

Bro, fear God na. How can you say this South African team is miles ahead of the 2004 team?

In 2004, the same Eagles went ahead and played in the final against the host, Tunisia. Nigerian team was solid than what we have at the present. Well, we have the boys but the organisation is currently poor undecided
Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by Lionessza6(f): 3:30pm On Jul 07, 2019
Caseless:
lol...SA is our wife.

LOL.
Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by sharpwriter(m): 3:40pm On Jul 07, 2019
Reference:

I have said it many, many times. He is the next biggest thing out of Nigerian soccer and his set up is just about right. Playing in a technical league against the biggest teams and players in Europe albeit for a relatively small club had not only created opportunity for him to develop but also the courage to face the challenges that come with it.

I quite frankly wish he was an orphan so that he won't be under the kind of pressure typical Nigerian athletes are to bring in the bacon fast at the expense of their careers, professional competencies and longevity at the very top. I'm in two minds about his Nations Cup appreances so far. I want to see him unleash his immense talents by good playing time but I also appreciate that it can quite easily get to his head moreso in a den of vipers the national team can be.

That guy is the real deal. Wish him the very best.

While most are celebrating chukwueze which is good... Please where the hell IS KELECHI NWAKALI... Abi is he not good enough as a midfielder to be called into the National team... We need fresh legs and talents like him.... If Rohr could call Oshimen who was the same set with NWAKALI during under 17, I see no reason why he shouldn't be encouraged.
Re: Osaze Odewimgwe's Epic Response To A South African Fan by CapitalCee(m): 3:50pm On Jul 07, 2019
Heffalump:

In 2004, the same Eagles went ahead and played in the final against the host, Tunisia. Nigerian team was solid than what we have at the present. Well, we have the boys but the organisation is currently poor undecided

I agree that our organisation is poor. But Nigeria lost yo Tunisia in the semi-finals not final

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Argentina Vs Saudi Arabia: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: (1 - 2) On 22nd Nov 2022 / The Best Daily 2+ Odds Around 95%wins / Cristiano Ronaldo Leaves Pitch ANGRY After Disallowed Goal Vs Serbia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.