Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,703 members, 7,809,673 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos) - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos) (51127 Views)

Twitter Asks Some Sacked Workers To Please Come Back / Adama Beverages Workers Deny Report Of Mass Sack, Molestation Of Workers / Fidelity Bank Workers Protest Over Non Payment Of Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos) by Auxigen(m): 11:30am On Jul 11, 2019
Buynowautos:
This same thing happened to me over 7months ago I was confused as my newly wedded wife was expecting. My stupid line manager even said "let me see how he will survive" thank God for online taxi like Uber and bolt where I for dey now?
Hmmm this touched me.
can we talk off nairaland.?
Re: Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos) by iCauseTrouble: 11:30am On Jul 11, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
I'm not a feminist naw. Having a voice equals feminism? Personally I love been under a man, give him that complete respect as the head. Ehen so what will you do now u back into d labour market?
Yes. Help me tell one of those ur sugar daddies you gave head recently grin
My CV is updated.
Re: Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos) by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 11, 2019
Neoteny:

Please

Executives bear the greatest burden

You can't compare a cubicle drone working on a single widget with one responsible for hundreds of millions or even billions in sales, financials, projects etc.

A marketing executive responsible for meeting sales targets of billions should rightly earn several hundreds more than a white collar dispensable drone working in a tiny corner of a large enterprise

i worked in corporate Nigeria for 14 years. most executives are over rated. more likely than not, these cubicle drones, as you so contemptuously call them, are paying the price for some foolish decision made by one of your highly paid executives. a foolish decision a drone with 10 years experience could see from a mile away, pushed by a freshly hired executive desperate to make a mark in the industry.

cecila ibru and erastus are classic examples of banking executives that you celebrate who led their banks to ruin. ditto for diamond bank. now as usual, the drones will pay the price for the incompetence of so called billion dollar decision makers

while they get to continue living the good life, it is the innocent workers who suffer.

burden my ass.

Neoteny:

Nope

Companies can rightsize anytime they damn well please as there's no law that stops them, except on discriminatory grounds.

in civilized nations, you right size with a proper severance package based on years of service, not this payment that cannot carry a family for month. do you have any idea what this will do to morale and productivity?

even to staff integrity?

3 Likes

Re: Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos) by stblessing(f): 11:35am On Jul 11, 2019
ah ah ,120k is something na, this people are greedy fa

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos) by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 11, 2019
iCauseTrouble:

Yes. Help me tell one of those ur sugar daddies you gave head recently grin
My CV is updated.
The sugar mummy you rim all day can't help your destiny? Pretty pathetic don't u think?

5 Likes

Re: Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos) by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 11, 2019
they got comfortable. how u go siddon dey do teller work fo or 10 years on contract. shows u have ambition in life. i left a bank job back then and took a 50k paycut cos of career goals
Re: Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos) by FROGMAN101(m): 11:40am On Jul 11, 2019
stblessing:
ah ah ,120k is something na, this people are greedy fa

For 12 years Aunty come closer let me give you a knock on the head.

2 Likes

Re: Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos) by Neoteny(m): 11:40am On Jul 11, 2019
ornicus:

i worked in corporate Nigeria for 14 years. most executives are over rated. more likely than not, these cubicle drones, as you so contemptuously call them, are paying the price for some foolish decision made by one of your highly paid executives. a foolish decision a drone with 10 years experience could see from a mile away, pushed by a freshly hired executive desperate to make a mark in the industry.

cecila ibru and erastus are classic examples of banking executives that you celebrate who led their banks to ruin. ditto for diamond bank. now as usual, the drones will pay the price for the incompetence of so called billion dollar decision makers

while they get to continue living the good life, it is the innocent workers who suffer.

burden my ass.

in civilized nations, you right size with a proper severance package based on years of service, not this payment that cannot carry a family for month. do you have any idea what this will do to morale and productivity?

even to staff integrity?

Before Cecilia and Akingbola fell they first built the mammoths that employed your cobweb-infested drones. And it's interesting you only cited a couple of examples of people falling from grace to lesser grace.

Despite their transgressions they were titans who built legacies. Meanwhile your replaceable dime-a-dozen cubicle denizens require such titans to build the entities that employ them and give their otherwise banal existence some semblance of assembly line purpose.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos) by lonelygem(m): 11:40am On Jul 11, 2019
annawhite:
You are judging thousands of staff with one bad experience u had with a bank staff!??...

Oga. Its money we are talking about here, no one pray to loose a kobo of hos or her sincere sweat.

What if what was messed with was my entire life saving?

Isn't that enough to judge them?

Lapses on the part of the customer care rep who refused to process the disbursement error form I filled and lapses on the part of another central customer desk in Lagos who had power to track the transaction..

Some people would have gone to creat a big scene at the branch vandalising their properties...

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos) by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 11, 2019
Neoteny:

Engineer Chuks!! grin grin
You engineer chuks? How nice. A gamer! I like
Re: Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos) by anonimi: 11:42am On Jul 11, 2019
Bet9jaVirtual:
after putting in long hours to work, they just throw you out and pay you peanuts.

That’s why I urge every growing youth out there to learn handwork. Incase, they sack you from work, you can use that to maintain you and your family.

Too many lazy youths carrying certificate of attendance in a university, which they call degrees, and feeling entitled to wear shirt, tie & suit to be paid.
Stupidity unrivalled.
Most of them need to go to a vocational school and learn skills instead of wasting time and money saying that they are on campus. undecided

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3473732_salary_jpegb17a7eccd26afd09fff05feea950ccff

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos) by banio: 11:44am On Jul 11, 2019
merit455:
And they are recruiting new staffs

So that 25 years old world work for them for another 15 years and then sacked. The evil circle continues because we don't have a government or a .....
Re: Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos) by Neoteny(m): 11:48am On Jul 11, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
You engineer chuks? How nice. A gamer! I like

You don forget me?

Choi!

09066666***, remember?
Re: Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos) by iCauseTrouble: 11:50am On Jul 11, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
The sugar mummy you rim all day can't help your destiny? Pretty pathetic don't u think?
They are still more responsible than your sugar daddies. Atleast they have not used my boxer.
Am not saying theyve used ur pants but I can see like 3 brand new full option Benz from ur pix
Re: Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos) by letout: 11:51am On Jul 11, 2019
lonelygem:
If I hear hard work for Una mouth ehn.

I lost reasonable money to Ecobank staff negligence sometimes ago.

I made a transaction which the beneficiary claimed didn't receive and had been debited from my Ecobank account. I insisted the beneficiary should hold on till I confirm what happened from Ecobank before making another transaction.

I went to Ecobank branch and I was asked to fill in a disbursement error form which I did.

I asked repeatedly as I never trusted the beneficiary if I could go ahead and make a new payment to the beneficiary, the customer care lady said a capital yes assuring me the initial fund will be reversed to my account immediately as I'd filled the disbursement error form.

I left and made a fresh payment to the beneficiary, and I forgot about the whole thing..

2days, 5days one week gone no reversal.
I went to the branch again to complain, it was then they started looking for the disbursement error form I filled a week ago.
When they eventually found the form, it was discovered that the form wasn't processed, during the period, the cash cleared into the beneficiary's account unaltered because the form was not processed..

We started sending mails to Lagos office to rectify the issue, the guy in Lagos equally didn't respond tilll about 26days of the whole mess.. We kept calling from the branch phone, the branch manager's mobile number and my personal mobile number, the idiot was not on desk for days, and wasn't responding to mobile phone calls..

When he finally responded after 26days.. He only commented "the transaction cleared into the beneficiary's account" that was how I lost the money..

I quietly stoped using the account for any transaction since 2016. I just counted Ecobank out of my business life.

It may be funny that most employee don't deserve what they actually earn and can be so shameless to come to protest ground without conscience..
I’ve stopped using oceanic bank (now eco bank) since when they merged with eco bank. Now I’ve stopped using diamond bank. They’ve have many similarities. Failed system , transaction error etc
Re: Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos) by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 11, 2019
tiwiex:

I agree. I heard about this from a reliable source yesterday. Apparently, most people sacked were bank tellers with over 10 years in service. Some of them in their mid 30s who have been getting salary increments as the norm. As a business man, would you keep increasing salaries for a skill set like bank tellers or would you employ young people in their early 20s willing to earn a fraction to kick start their career? Being a bank teller for 10 years doesn't sound like someone you would want to keep indefinitely. My opinion but put urself in the position of the owner.
someone will just be a bank teller for over ten yrs and just relax without making any attempt to upgrade?shocked. Lol i find dis ur story hard to believe cos most of the bankers i know have this hustling spirit and looking for ways to upgrade in their career as they working in the bank.
Re: Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos) by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 11, 2019
user4321:

don't mind him jare, how many artisans with hand work can boast of consistent GT-Bank graduate trainee salary turn over every month. This country is hard, and hand work won't solve shiii.. These days that every tom dick and harry is trying to hustle you on Instagram, FB, with their make-up biz, shoes etc etc
Even those with hand work are struggling. No be salary earners dey patronise people with handwork. See,Nigeria is a failed state.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos) by tabaski: 11:53am On Jul 11, 2019
Bank is the worst place to work. Trust me i am a living witness. After 10 years with @FirstBankngr. About 4000 staff were sacked unjustly without pay off in 2017. Please run very far away from modern slavery. All Nigerian banks will only sap ur youthful energy and dump u with nothing.
Re: Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos) by Caleycash(m): 11:55am On Jul 11, 2019
lonelygem:

I made a transaction which the beneficiary claimed didn't receive and had been debited from my Ecobank account. I insisted the beneficiary should hold on till I confirm what happened from Ecobank before making another transaction.

I went to Ecobank branch and I was asked to fill in a disbursement error form which I did.

I asked repeatedly as I never trusted the beneficiary if I could go ahead and make a new payment to the beneficiary, the customer care lady said a capital yes assuring me the initial fund will be reversed to my account immediately as I'd filled the disbursement error form.

I left and made a fresh payment to the beneficiary, and I forgot about the whole thing..

I went to the branch again to complain, it was then they started looking for the disbursement error form I filled a week ago.
When they eventually found the form, it was discovered that the form wasn't processed, during the period, the cash cleared into the beneficiary's account unaltered because the form was not processed..

We started sending mails to Lagos office to rectify the issue, the guy in Lagos equally didn't respond tilll about 26days of the whole mess.. We kept calling from the branch phone, the branch manager's mobile number and my personal mobile number, the idiot was not on desk for days, and wasn't responding to mobile phone calls..

When he finally responded after 26days.. He only commented "the transaction cleared into the beneficiary's account" that was how I lost the money..

I quietly stoped using the account for any transaction since 2016. I just counted Ecobank out of my business life.

It may be funny that most employee don't deserve what they actually earn and can be so shameless to come to protest ground without conscience..
Very very useless and annoying staffs, they ought to sack all of them, bunch of imbecilic idiiots!!!

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos) by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 11, 2019
Neoteny:

Before Cecilia and Akingbola fell they first built the mammoths that employed your cobweb-infested drones. And it's interesting you only cited a couple of examples of people falling from grace to lesser grace.

Despite their transgressions they were titans who built legacies. Meanwhile your replaceable dime-a-dozen cubicle denizens require such titans to build the entities that employ them and give their otherwise banal existence some semblance of assembly line purpose.

Build what? All they did was embezzle the 25 billion invested by cubicle denizens. What superior executive is it that cannot build a lasting system? Cecilia ibru is actually a classic example. A person whose authority was sexually transmitted by the late Alex ibru. A real titan of industry and a real brain.

You have an executives idea of a legacy.a legacy that did not last night 10 years

The same thing happened with oando a few years ago, if you want more examples. A reckless bid, and the staff paid the price.

Same thing in forte oil. The only real pedigree otedola had was the concessions Obj and later gej gave him.

If I recall, ecobank got a new ceo not so long ago who had no idea what was up and initiated all sorts of wild changes. This is the result.

Diamond access bank will soon have their own downsizing, brought about by the failure of another of the executives you are falling over yourself to celebrate.

The reason all this nonsense can happen is because these industries are not unionised. That's why hard workers who have done more for these companies than your celebrated executives continue to pay the price for their incompetence.

Too bad there are non serious watchdogs in most of these industries. If they were most of this rubbish would have been nipped in the bud before the lowly cubicle drones had to take the fall for The glorious executive master race failures

3 Likes

Re: Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos) by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 11, 2019
Neoteny:

You don forget me?

Choi!

09066666***, remember?
Short term memory
Re: Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos) by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 11, 2019
iCauseTrouble:

They are still more responsible than your sugar daddies. Atleast they have not used my boxer.
Am not saying theyve used ur pants but I can see like 3 brand new full option Benz from ur pix
You get mouth sha

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos) by Buynowautos: 12:04pm On Jul 11, 2019
Auxigen:
Hmmm this touched me.
can we talk off nairaland.?

Buynowautos01@gmail.com email me

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos) by gnykelly(m): 12:05pm On Jul 11, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Mba I did not hear. Eheeeeen! Just like that?

Google it
Re: Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos) by 400billionman: 12:05pm On Jul 11, 2019
lonelygem:

If this is true, the bank will soon crash.

Indiscipline like this is what crashed the likes of Oceanic Bank and Intercontinental.
Re: Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos) by efonat(m): 12:06pm On Jul 11, 2019
The youth re busy staying glued to bbnaija pepper dem
Re: Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos) by Ajibade123(m): 12:09pm On Jul 11, 2019
in case you are in that position you have to move on and seek other job opportunities.....see 9-5 jobs alternatives you have always wanted https://explicitsuccess.com/9-to-5-job-alternatives/
Re: Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos) by Neoteny(m): 12:11pm On Jul 11, 2019
ornicus:

Build what? All they did was embezzle the 25 billion invested by cubicle denizens. What superior executive is it that cannot build a lasting system? Cecilia ibru is actually a classic example. A person whose authority was sexually transmitted by the late Alex ibru. A real titan of industry and a real brain.

You have an executives idea of a legacy.a legacy that did not last night 10 years

The same thing happened with oando a few years ago, if you want more examples. A reckless bid, and the staff paid the price.

Same thing in forte oil. The only real pedigree otedola had was the concessions Obj and later gej gave him.

If I recall, ecobank got a new ceo not so long ago who had no idea what was up and initiated all sorts of wild changes. This is the result.

Diamond access bank will soon have their own downsizing, brought about by the failure of another of the executives you are falling over yourself to celebrate.

The reason all this nonsense can happen is because these industries are not unionised. That's why hard workers who have done more for these companies than your celebrated executives continue to pay the price for their incompetence.

Too bad there are non serious watchdogs in most of these industries. If they were most of this rubbish would have been nipped in the bud before the lowly cubicle drones had to take the fall for The glorious executive master race failures

I detect an undercurrent of socialist propensities in your tone, which is anticapitalism shrouded in a false veneer of worker empathy. And that's ridiculous because it suggests your writing is contradictory of your disposition. Be wary, because that sort of rabid socialism is what the Nazis used to gain power and subsequently destroyed all capitalist systems in favor of dangerous fascism

Be that as it may, executives create the vehicle that allows your drones to have a means of livelihood. A corporate ladder is a necessary structure same way as a hierarchy of command is necessary in military orders.

Do you envision a flat, inordered system where entropy rather than commerce would rule the day?

So of what use is a corporate entity without the executive cadre? Would your worker ants even find direction without their bosses at the top?

For one corporation that falls on account of executive avarice, there are thousands that thrive. For every Societe Generale there's UBA and GTB and FB and Access.

For every Cecilia Ibru there's a Jim Ovia and Tony Elumelu (aka Yoda) and Dangote.

The success story outweighs the failures.

As for your expendable worker ants, in corporate parlance they're known as "bloat" or "fat" or "excess baggage" when they're of a sufficient enough mass to render their services as a factor of diminishing returns.

When they become leeches and parasites they've to be excised so they don't drag the rest of the entity down with their ineffectiveness.
Re: Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos) by Neoteny(m): 12:17pm On Jul 11, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Short term memory

So you're like that fish outta water Dory.
Re: Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos) by rigarmortis: 12:22pm On Jul 11, 2019
odave:

That's why it's better to always collect loan as a bank worker, I'm sure they won't attempt sack during the repayment period. I may be wrong sha. I have a friend there, I don't even know the best advice I can give him.

Lol. It doesn't work. They will sack you even with 10m loan and either write it off or write to your new employer of you ever get another job
Re: Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos) by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 11, 2019
Neoteny:

I detect an undercurrent of socialist propensities in your tone, which is anticapitalism shrouded in a false veneer of worker empathy. And that's ridiculous because it suggests your writing is contradictory of your disposition. Be wary, because that sort of rabid socialism is what the Nazis used to gain power and subsequently destroyed all capitalist systems in favor of dangerous fascism

Be that as it may, executives create the vehicle that allows your drones to have a means of livelihood. A corporate ladder is a necessary structure same way as a hierarchy of command is necessary in military orders.

Do you envision a flat, inordered system where entropy rather than commerce would rule the day?

So of what use is a corporate entity without the executive cadre? Would your worker ants even find direction without their bosses at the top?

For one corporation that falls on account of executive avarice, there are thousands that thrive. For every Societe Generale there's UBA and GTB and FB and Access.

For every Cecilia Ibru there's a Jim Ovia and Tony Elumelu (aka Yoda) and Dangote.

The success story outweighs the failures.

As for your expendable worker ants, in corporate parlance they're known as "bloat" or "fat" or "excess baggage" when they're of a sufficient enough mass to render their services as a factor of diminishing returns.

When they become leeches and parasites they've to be excised so they don't drag the rest of the entity down with their ineffectiveness.

The bloat in most companies are the over paid executives, a large number of whom are adding zero value.

Unfortunately, the banking sector has never been unionised, which is why at the first sign of distress, the exemplary leaders throw the crew overboard.

Please spare us the right wing capitalism solves all bs.
The country that celebrates capitalism as a cure all has a shrinking middle class, those worthless drones as you call them.

2 Likes

Re: Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos) by joseph1832(m): 12:24pm On Jul 11, 2019
rigarmortis:

Lol. It doesn't work. They will sack you even with 10m loan and either write it off or write to your new employer of you ever get another job
Lord have mercy. That's one terrible thing to do. shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fidelity Bank, Best Bank To Work For In Nigeria – Survey / Police Officer Smoking Shisha In Uniform: NPF Launches Investigation (Photos) / Gal Pissetzky: 5 Things To Know About Hushpuppi's Lawyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.