Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,711 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari (25261 Views)

Obasanjo Didn't Succeed With 3rd Term, Buhari Will Also Fail - Ozekhome / Those Calling Me Baba Go Slow Will Be Shocked In My Second Term - Buhari / I Will Do My Best For Nigerians In My 2nd Term - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by Firefire(m): 5:54am On Jul 12, 2019
emmasege:
Can this idiot please respect us for once and stop insulting our sensibility?

By strangers, did the DULLARD mean people from the south and middle belt? because he's never been a friend of those regions, so he couldn't have known people he can work with other than those from his Arewa north.

He meant people from his home country in Chad/Mali or maybe SUDAN.

4 Likes

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by BruncleZuma: 5:57am On Jul 12, 2019
grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by TommyAnthem(m): 5:57am On Jul 12, 2019
Strangers in a STRANGE LAND. WHAT A PARADOX!

1 Like

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by 4Play(m): 5:58am On Jul 12, 2019
By CLIFFORD D. MAY
Published: January 19, 1984

LAGOS, Nigeria, Jan. 18— Nigeria's new leader, Maj. Gen. Mohammed Buhari, swore in the members of his Cabinet today, warning them that the ruling Supreme Military Council ''will keep a keen and watchful eye on your performance, your style of life and general public conduct while in office.''

He said the new administration, which came to power after the overthrow of the civilian Government of President Shehu Shagari on Dec. 31, ''will not tolerate fraud, indiscipline, corruption, squandermania, misuse and abuse of public office for self or group aggrandizement and other vices which characterize the civilian administration of the past four years.''

Of the 18 ministers named, only 7 are career military men. The proportion surprised some Western diplomats here but essentially accorded with statements by Mr. Buhari in an interview on Tuesday in which he said ''only a small number'' of military officers would be named to top political posts.

Apparently responding to criticism in the Nigerian press over the pace of decision-making under the new military regime, Mr. Buhari said that ''the appointment of ministers has taken us some time because we had to undertake a deep search for competent Nigerians of proven integrity, a high sense of discipline, public probity and transparent honesty.''

http://www.nytimes.com/1984/01/19/world/cabinet-in-nigeria-installed-with-a-warning.html

1 Like

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by densiks: 5:58am On Jul 12, 2019
The man is unfortunately a worse disaster than many feared.

Nigeria is under a plague

6 Likes

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by UncleJudax(m): 5:59am On Jul 12, 2019
This man is super clueless. How many did he replace?

3 Likes

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by Alanpoza007: 5:59am On Jul 12, 2019
Firefire:

Be careful with your hate speech, stop generalizing.
Don't mind him. In the last election, Buhari lost Ondo and Oyo states and marginally won Osun, Ogun and Ekiti. He had to win Lagos after so much threats and intimidation of voters there, yet Yorubas are responsible for Buhari being President.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by BruncleZuma: 6:01am On Jul 12, 2019
4Play:

http://www.nytimes.com/1984/01/19/world/cabinet-in-nigeria-installed-with-a-warning.html

That was quite a read...the bros never still change him 'square pegs in round holes' policy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by AFONJACOW(m): 6:02am On Jul 12, 2019
This old man is just an Ediot
Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by karma2000: 6:04am On Jul 12, 2019
it seems karma has just branded pmb popcorn president of the year not sure though
Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by aishapmbtoto: 6:06am On Jul 12, 2019
You just confirmed that you are an incurable dullard

1 Like

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by Paulo3ree(m): 6:09am On Jul 12, 2019
Novaworld:
Even Himself is still a stranger to us.
Hummmm

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by LowerPriceData0(m): 6:10am On Jul 12, 2019
Next Level
Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by Borderless: 6:11am On Jul 12, 2019
I figure the next set of ministers would be aliens!

1 Like

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by Nobody: 6:11am On Jul 12, 2019
[quote author=ReubenE post=80180756]What sort of a man is this?

Six month to assemble strangers, four years without knowing the strangers, and successfully took Nigeria to a strange land where death, destruction, strife, hopelessness has become the order of the day.

The finest man in the universe of complains

Buhari's mouth and head is so unpresidential[/quote

....timeless WORDS ON MARBLE!

thumbs up!]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 6:12am On Jul 12, 2019
He is right, this time he will choose his cabinet by himself and bad people won't work with him anymore, this tenure will be better than the last four years.
Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by wizelink(m): 6:14am On Jul 12, 2019
a stranger (fulani) calling others strangers dishing out strange governance to nigerians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by emmylight4u: 6:14am On Jul 12, 2019
May God punish you sir....go ahead and appoint your fulani brothers and sister...after 4 years you must go...Nigeria will be great again...PMB you re very stupid and incompetent sir....how you keep blaming everyone for your gross incompetence baffles me till 4yrs ago

4 Likes

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by CptCharlesVane: 6:14am On Jul 12, 2019
Took 6 months to appoint strangers. E no go better for the people wey push this man upon Nigeria. cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by Proffdada: 6:15am On Jul 12, 2019
IkpuMmadu:
This is the mess Yoruba in their stupidity or do I say sophistication and Hausa gullibility puts us in the country

In South yoruba has always sold out and would be selling out in their political sophistication...they owe the nation an apology for putting us in this mess

As of the North...we have given up on them

The better South ...Niger Delta (excluding Edo ) and South East should demand an apology from political gullibility from Yoruba
you have akamu for brain. The same reason why Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu destroyed the goodwill bright future Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by Kay25(m): 6:15am On Jul 12, 2019
They say trump is bad but when I listen to buhari I know trump is even a future president that Nigeria needs..what a Man !
Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by goddy4(m): 6:16am On Jul 12, 2019
Your speaking with double side of your mouth, You once told us that you carefully took your time to select your ministers if you like use all the members of your family is only a question of time, I really thank God on your age you will never be there for ever

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by DTaj: 6:17am On Jul 12, 2019
I’m still searching for words to apply in my response to this news story.

We thought that Jonathan spoke unintelligently (and he did so many times); however, sometimes, I think that the incumbent does worse...

As a leader, some things are best left unsaid (even if you thought about them), things like “I am under pressure to form my cabinet (Mr. President, this was after you were sworn in for a second term on May 29 and yesterday was July 11!!!); “I worked with strangers as Ministers in my first term- I did not know most of them, I just relied on the party to pick most of them for me”)...

This is so, so unpresidential...

Nigeria’s elected Presidents since Shagari in 1979 (for the past 40 years) were ALL unprepared for the Presidency! They were ALL invited to assume the Presidency and it’s not strange that the country is where it is, today!

The only man who prepared for it- MKO Abiola- (had the brains- 1st Class Accountancy degree from University of Glasgow, Scotland, FCCA, President of the Nigerian Stock Exchange, NSE, administrator, business founder/owner/manager, super-intelligent, etc) was murdered in wickedly solitary confinement...

4 Likes

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by Wallade(m): 6:17am On Jul 12, 2019
This is the most ridiculous president Nigeria ever had. What kind of statement or excuse is that?

He is certainly a corrupt man who is trying to justify his plan to keep only a few cronies in the executive to run the government. He is naturally not democratic, he is a dictator, in nature, who is struggling to understand or appreciate the democratic system of government.

How do we checkmate an irresponsible, inept and incompetent man as president? Those people who forced us to have this man as president for another 4 years are evil.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by Daboomb: 6:18am On Jul 12, 2019
Nwodosis:
I bet you, the strangers were the non Fulanis forced on him! They were strangers because they were not to be trusted in his agenda.

He is still looking for Herdsmen from Mali, Senegal, Guinea and other Fulani enclaves to appoint as Ministers. grin grin grin
At least those one are not strangers.

Buhari don fall my hand-die. angry angry angry
If PDP Govt of jonathan has been half as effective as it should be, we wont be saddled with this "Natural Disaster" of a leader.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by Nobody: 6:19am On Jul 12, 2019
dammmmmmn!.... 6 WHOLE MONTH TO ASSEMBLE REDUNDANT STRANGERS LIKE YOUR SELF?...

the redundant coupist is far dumber than I thought!

NIG IS FAST HEADING SOUTH....

THE SHITHOLE NEEDS A PRESIDENT!

1 Like

Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by Burgerlomo: 6:22am On Jul 12, 2019
Nobody dey listen when Aisha dey talk say no be I'm hubby dey run the government cool
Re: Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari by OkoroPeugeot(m): 6:22am On Jul 12, 2019
Because he knows only Fulani men

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Soyinka, Others Are Blackmailers, Revolution Won’t Be Tolerated – Presidency / Rotimi Jolayemi Charged For ‘Causing Annoyance’ Towards Lai Mohammed / Court Grants Diezani’s Prayer, Strikes Out Fraud Charge Having Her Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.