Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,404 members, 7,812,189 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:48 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 - Travel (586) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 (615198 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) ... (605) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Chymak: 4:14pm On Dec 22, 2019
clintonsparkz:
it is, it's above the 2.5 minimum, so u are good to go, work on your motivational letter, and that's it

Greetings Clinton, can I do certification of copies of my original documents and all application(Msc) credentials at Highcourt ?...Guideline please
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by SOLARPOWER1(f): 5:17pm On Dec 22, 2019
Chymak:

Greetings Clinton, can I do certification of copies of my original documents and all application(Msc) credentials at Highcourt ?...Guideline please

Some schools accept high court. Some schools accept only notary public; uniassist accept high court but make sure EACH PAGE of documents is signed and stamped. Finally some schools only accept certification from German embassy. Read the website of where you are sending it to
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by clintonsparkz(m): 5:33pm On Dec 22, 2019
Chymak:

Well I will be truthful with u, to be on a safer side use either the embassy or notary public, but some schs and uniassist accept high Court certification, I am using notary public, if u are in Lagos I can give u a notary public's digit, I used the man, quite cheap and with stamp.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Chymak: 6:51pm On Dec 22, 2019
SOLARPOWER1:

Some schools accept high court. Some schools accept only notary public; uniassist accept high court but make sure EACH PAGE of documents is signed and stamped. Finally some schools only accept certification from German embassy. Read the website of where you are sending it to

Alright dear...I will recheck
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Chymak: 6:52pm On Dec 22, 2019
clintonsparkz:
Well I will be truthful with u, to be on a safer side use either the embassy or notary public, but some schs and uniassist accept high Court certification, I am using notary public, if u are in Lagos I can give u a notary public's digit, I used the man, quite cheap and with stamp.

I appreciate bro.Thanks...I am in Eastern part of the country...I will use Notary public...
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by ben2nice(m): 7:04pm On Dec 22, 2019
Greetings to you all.

I HV search tire , it seems no school In Germany can accept a Cgpa of 2.5 for masters, the least I saw was 3.0.

Anybody with similar case? And is there anyway forward ?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by clintonsparkz(m): 7:14pm On Dec 22, 2019
ben2nice:
Greetings to you all.

I HV search tire , it seems no school In Germany can accept a Cgpa of 2.5 for masters, the least I saw was 3.0.

Firstly ur grade in the German scale is 2.8, and u know the the higher the grade the lower, and vice versa, so 2.8 is lower than 2.5, most German schools require 2.5 German grade. so was the 3.0 u saw in German grade? if yes u are qualified to apply, in all honesty to get admission would be tough and quite limited, but never say never...
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by ben2nice(m): 7:47pm On Dec 22, 2019
clintonsparkz:
Firstly ur grade in the German scale is 2.8, and u know the the higher the grade the lower, and vice versa, so 2.8 is lower than 2.5, most German schools require 2.5 German grade. so was the 3.0 u saw in German grade? if yes u are qualified to apply, in all honesty to get admission would be tough and quite limited, but never say never...
Thank you for your response.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by dchekzy: 8:22pm On Dec 22, 2019
Please are there Category A people also waiting for Appointment Date lie like me I have waited for 3weeks now and no date yet

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by shantelleasante(f): 8:38pm On Dec 22, 2019
Una still dey apply to German schools? Even after the 10 and 12 months waiting period for both categories?
ben2nice:
Greetings to you all.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by ben2nice(m): 8:52pm On Dec 22, 2019
shantelleasante:
Una still dey apply to German schools? Even after the 10 and 12 months waiting period for both categories?
My sister , we wan try our luck ni . what can man do?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Thegamingorca(m): 8:52pm On Dec 22, 2019
shantelleasante:

You that has already gotten AL what are you still doing hanging around here?

For sure I know some ppl got January dates but it seems the embassy paused for a reason they are yet to explain

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Thegamingorca(m): 8:57pm On Dec 22, 2019
The embassy tried to curb down on numbeAt this year by ensuring its only proof of funds applicants that show up from November as well as reediting what it requires for category A

It's only fair that dey have fon back to the drawing board to see How to deal with this Nigerian problem.

This is the embassy of a country we are talking about and not a ponzi scheme. Dey will get back to us in due time.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by shantelleasante(f): 9:32pm On Dec 22, 2019
Baba calm down hare...AL is only a waste without AD na..and with the issue on ground there seem to be no hope
Thegamingorca:

You that has already gotten AL what are you still doing hanging around here?

For sure I know some ppl got January dates but it seems the embassy paused for a reason they are yet to explain

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Bibilucky1: 10:28pm On Dec 22, 2019
dchekzy:
Please are there Category A people also waiting for Appointment Date lie like me I have waited for 3weeks now and no date yet

I'm still waiting too
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by 4realisreal(m): 10:54pm On Dec 22, 2019
dchekzy:

U are not alone. Hopefully by January dates will start flying.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Ge0grapher(m): 11:01pm On Dec 22, 2019
Chairmen!! abeg make una answer me, i am confused as hell!

1. What does Category A and Category B mean? you guys make use of those terms a lot but most people like me don't understand what it means and which category is appropriate when applying.

2. Secondly, a friend of mine told me that you won't be able to get an appointment date for student visa until after 12 months, how true is this and does this policy apply to everyone?

Thank you.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Odedenshi1(m): 12:46am On Dec 23, 2019
Ge0grapher:

1. What does Category A and Category B mean? you guys make use of those terms a lot but most people like me don't understand what it means and which category is appropriate when applying.

2. Secondly, a friend of mine told me that you won't be able to get an appointment date for student visa until after 12 months, how true is this and does this policy apply to everyone?

Thank you.

Bro try do small reading of previous pages if you really wan embark on this journey. Na information be man, now to your questions;

(1) Cat A & Cat B refers to the appointment booking categories. If you graduated after 2017 with a First class or a Second class upper, or hold a German Language Certificate at level B2 with over 80points or a TestAS certificate with a score of 100 - 130, also holding a Scholarship Cat A sure for you otherwise you are on Cat B

(2) With the latest development, Cat A is 8months while Cat B is over 12months. Although, anything can still happen because I believe in MIRACLES!!!

Odedenshi1
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Kpibeojo: 1:45am On Dec 23, 2019
Mercy95:

Its possible to even get higher point, It depends on you actually.. send me a mail, i can foward the soft copy materials i have to you

Please I will need them also thank for your help
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Kpibeojo: 2:00am On Dec 23, 2019
[center][/center][sup][/sup]
Mercy95:

Its possible to even get higher point, It depends on you actually.. send me a mail, i can foward the soft copy materials i have to you

Please I will also need the material too thanks for your assistance.
Smartjmeshach12@gmail.com
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Kpibeojo: 2:06am On Dec 23, 2019
Smartjmeshach12@gmail.com
Thanks for your assistance.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Thegamingorca(m): 4:31am On Dec 23, 2019
Ge0grapher:

Thank you.

Go and ask your friend your hopeless questions or read page one of the thread biko
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by faithzy(m): 6:21am On Dec 23, 2019
shantelleasante:
So is this a good or bad thing? Does it in any way affect the 12months waitingperiod?
Definitely it will, I was not aware till i read the new policy. The truth is the Visa fees has to be increased for them to handle visa issues efficiently and they are trying to work better with 3rd world countries to make things easier. Although some EU states have started the initiative before the policy was introduced.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by faithzy(m): 6:27am On Dec 23, 2019
JosephAdeoba:
. But there is a different between Schegen visa and National Visa but what he said is true they want to increase the fees and start using online application Eu new policy. A German Federal Foreign Office spokesperson also confirmed that the German mission will apply the reformed Schengen Visa Code from February 2, 2020, as well as officials from the Visa Unit of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Finland, the Press Office Foreign Affairs of Belgium, and the Foreign Ministry of Denmark.

What Is Set to Change for Visa Applicants?
The new rules will bring several changes to the visa application procedures, and improve the benefits that come with a visa.

The main changes foreseen by the updated code are as follows:

Higher visa fees.
(Extended application submission periods.)
Electronic application forms in most countries.
Representative authorities of every Schengen Member must be present in every third-country in terms of visa admission after February 2.
Frequent travelers with a positive visa history to benefit from visas with lengthier validity.
The new code also introduces a mechanism that asserts, whether the visa fees should change or remain the same, for every three years. Another mechanism that will use visa processing as leverage will also be introduced, in a bid to improve cooperation with third countries on readmission.
There is no difference, they are different types
Of Schengen visa. A national Visa is a type of Schengen visa issued for more than 90 days for a purpose.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by faithzy(m): 6:34am On Dec 23, 2019
shantelleasante:
So is this a good or bad thing? Does it in any way affect the 12months waitingperiod?
This best explains why things are the way it is now. With the Reform visa application would be faster. We might just be going to the embassy for biometrics only, just how it's done in the UK
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Thegamingorca(m): 6:46am On Dec 23, 2019
faithzy:

This best explains why things are the way it is now. With the Reform visa application would be faster. We might just be going to the embassy for biometrics only, just how it's done in the UK

Yeah
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by faithzy(m): 6:53am On Dec 23, 2019
Thegamingorca:

Yeah
Bro do you know, some German missions started adjusting since the ammendments was passed in June last year. That was when they cancelled the old booking system. Finally information is power, we were ranting in the dark for long
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Thegamingorca(m): 6:58am On Dec 23, 2019
faithzy:

Bro do you know, some German missions started adjusting since the ammendments was passed in June last year. That was when they cancelled the old booking system. Finally information is power, we were ranting in the dark for long

Bro which ones you done note so far.

Problem with Germans is all their news are hidden. Nah only if you sabi the language you go see things
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by faithzy(m): 7:22am On Dec 23, 2019
Thegamingorca:

Bro which ones you done note so far.

Problem with Germans is all their news are hidden. Nah only if you sabi the language you go see things
We can only wait till February 2020, to see how they will implement the new rules and hope it affects other Cartegories of Visa, because the new code favours short stay Visa applicant.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Thegamingorca(m): 7:30am On Dec 23, 2019
faithzy:

We can only wait till February 2020, to see how they will implement the new rules and hope it affects other Cartegories of Visa, because the new code favours short stay Visa applicant.

Yes. And the fact that scholarship nah still express entry for naija applicants actually means dey haven't forgotten us sha

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Sammynelson: 8:29am On Dec 23, 2019
Good morning Nairalanders, compliment of the season, can someone list out Science English ( I studied Chemistry) BSC courses in Germany preferably in Berlin .BIko
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Sammynelson: 8:34am On Dec 23, 2019
Pm me let's talk privately, I can help you with some schools depending on your course tho..I'm having a low cgpa of 2.6 too..german grade however I'm not giving up as I'd be trying some schools for winter ..

(1) (2) (3) ... (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) ... (605)

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.