Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,044 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? (34594 Views)

University Of Ibadan Law Student Rapes 100-level Colleague On Campus / Induction Of Theatre Arts 100 Level Students Of UNIZIK. PICS / DELSU 100 Level Students Seen Undergoing Matriculation Ritual (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by sulaak(m): 8:04am On Jul 13, 2019
Tweak2k:
Am in a depressed state and am so ashamed of myself. Currently schooling in a federal university studying computer sci. Seriously I feel really bad to have wasted 5 years without achieving nothing or a degree. Even spill over still wouldn't do no good cause I don't want a 3rd class degree or every worst. Can't take the risk again.[ insult is free i deserve it]

instead of graduating with a shitty degree am thinking of starting all over again from 100lvl to study computer science or anything related in a federal university. 4 years Max

Right now i feel like an abomination and a disgrace to my family. Have tried visiting the HOD's in my school unfortunately, I was informed students from the same school can't switch to same school [Different department] i dont know why i think it's best known to them.

Mind you am in my mid 20s with no achievement or any money making skills.

I have interest in mastering programming or becoming a tech savvy guy or a security expert but i can't. aside the coding aspect physiologically am not balance. Secondly, am limited.. Am very ambitious i need help and opportunities. Am tried of fighting alone/ holding back its eating me up silently... I only smile or engage myself in a social gathering to cover up my pain.

Even if am to start all over again I'll prefer a university that offer a 4 years course I don't know which Federal university one can study comp sci within 4 years.

Please I need advice and help The truth is school is frustrating and tiring.. I need a degree my battle can't be in vain.

I know someone would have pass through my line of sorrow or even worst. Your suggestions, opportunities and help will revive me back...

Regards,

Study a Post-Graduate diploma and then a Master degree, which will take the best part of two years or less. You will learn more and your advance
degree will be a testimony of your intelligence.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by patorial(m): 8:05am On Jul 13, 2019
Tweak2k:
Am in a depressed state and am so ashamed of myself. Currently schooling in a federal university studying computer sci. Seriously I feel really bad to have wasted 5 years without achieving nothing or a degree. Even spill over still wouldn't do no good cause I don't want a 3rd class degree or every worst. Can't take the risk again.[ insult is free i deserve it]

instead of graduating with a shitty degree am thinking of starting all over again from 100lvl to study computer science or anything related in a federal university. 4 years Max

Right now i feel like an abomination and a disgrace to my family. Have tried visiting the HOD's in my school unfortunately, I was informed students from the same school can't switch to same school [Different department] i dont know why i think it's best known to them.

I have interest in mastering programming or becoming a tech savvy guy or a security expert but i can't. aside the coding aspect physiologically am not balance. Secondly, am limited.. Am very ambitious i need help and opportunities. Am tried of fighting alone/ holding back its eating me up silently... I only smile or engage myself in a social gathering to cover up my pain.

Even if am to start all over again I'll prefer a university that offer a 4 years course I don't know which Federal university one can study comp sci within 4 years.

Please I need advice and help The truth is school is frustrating and tiring.. I need a degree my battle can't be in vain.

I know someone would have pass through my line of sorrow or even worst. Your suggestions, opportunities and help will revive me back...

Regards,

Bro that you've spent 5yrs In a university without anything doesn't mean anything. The only time you're doom is when you can't get any ideas in your heads anymore.

like me I am in my 300 level studying Statistics but I still got it in my head that this not what I want, I know that I'm much good in computer programming even before getting into school. So all I do is planning what I could do with my programming knowledge and trust me I got it.

One thing I will advise you is never to let yourself thinking that you're depressed. Depression is for the less busy mind

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Emusan(m): 8:05am On Jul 13, 2019
Tweak2k:

Regards,

Firstly, computer science is a good course and future more wanted course. Please don't miss the opportunity.

Secondly, I don't know what motivated you to choose that course in the first place but I'll never advice you to discard the course because Tech and programming are the future.

Thirdly, good grade is good but grade isn't the yard stick in tech world, your creative ideas and passion for your field is.

Lastly, which is just an advice, if you truly have passion for it, then forgert about the current predicament and make sure you give yourself personal development so that you can be a guru in your field.
And if the passion is the problem, then you can throw it away and start afresh it's never too late but this time ensure that it's in line with what you crave and have passion for.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by deleo16(m): 8:07am On Jul 13, 2019
cool it's best you take up professional course in A.I or programming and sign up for a part time too up programme Earn well after the programme by applying for a job then do part time by the side I recommend this book it's will be of great help along along side holy books HAPPINESS COMES FROM SOLVING PROBLEM S

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by NextBuhari: 8:10am On Jul 13, 2019
Tweak2k:

Regards,
Just go on and finish up, even if it is a third class or pass degree you obtain, thereafter you can enrol for a PGD programme to make up for the deficiency.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by wizztee(m): 8:10am On Jul 13, 2019
Bro try to finish with this degree. Computer science is very wide u can go for some professional courses which will help u more. Graduating with third class doesn't mean u won't get a job, instead of starting all over again enrol for professional courses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 13, 2019
Tweak2k:

Regards,
Unilorin
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 13, 2019
[quote author=Tweak2k post=80206076]Am in a depressed state and am so ashamed of myself. Currently schooling in a federal university studying computer sci. Seriously I feel really bad to have wasted 5 years without achieving nothing or a degree. Even spill over still wouldn't do no good cause I don't want a 3rd class degree or every worst. Can't take the risk again.[ insult is free i deserve it]

Regards,

Uniben is 4 yrs in computer science and five years in computer engineering
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by capitalzero: 8:12am On Jul 13, 2019
Tweak2k:

Regards,

Please try to graduate first, do your nysc and acquire some practical skills during service. If you are interested in master,do postgraduate diploma and try to get get good grade so that you can do msc. Do not try to be a professional student.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Or11: 8:12am On Jul 13, 2019
Tweak2k:

Regards,

If you want a career in IT, get your third class degree and go for a professional course in programming or and IT related course that interests you. Cisco, Java, Oracle, mobile app developments are one of the courses you could do. There are people without degrees but have professional certificates doing well in IT. As long as you have a skill you are good in, companies will employ you even in international companies.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by capitalzero: 8:13am On Jul 13, 2019
Or11:

If you want a career in IT, get your third class degree and go for a professional course in programming or and IT related course that interests you. Cisco, Java, Oracle, mobile app developments are one of the courses you could do. There are people without degrees but have professional certificates doing well in IT. As long as you have a skill you are good in, companies will employ you even in international companies.

Op, follow this advice.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Tweak2k: 8:13am On Jul 13, 2019
patorial:

Bro that you've spent 5yrs In a university without anything doesn't mean anything. The only time you're doom is when you can't get any ideas in your heads anymore.

like me I am in my 300 level studying Statistics but I still got it in my head that this not what I want, I know that I'm much good in computer programming even before getting into school. So all I do is planning what I could do with my programming knowledge and trust me I got it.

One thing I will advise you is never to let yourself thinking that you're depressed. Depression is for the less busy mind

Yeah tru thank you

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by awelas252(m): 8:13am On Jul 13, 2019
Tweak2k:

Regards,

Who toad you having a third class degree, you can't become what you want to become. Why are you having a wrong orientation. Going to spend another five years in school is a waste of time and resources. You can achieve a lot of skills even the programming you craze for without going to the university. Guy, think smartly.
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 13, 2019
Brother lemme tell you my story..I am currently a student of university of lagos.. this is my 7th year in the university.. next year will be my last. I got admission into unilag in 2012/2013 into computer engineering.. not that i was unserious but everything there seem different to me.. exactly not what I expected for a computer engineering course because it was merge with electrical engineering. In Unilag, Electrical engineering and computer engineering are one.. the one housing both is electrical engineering.. so we did more of electrical engineering's courses than computer engineering.. we hardly program.. they make us program on a shît of paper just imagine.. so this affected the computer engineering students... most of us made a very difficult decision by transferring out of the dept and faculty to a new dept and faculty called Actuarial Science under the faculty of business administration.. some transferred early like immediately after year 2 cos that wen you re opened to transfer from engineering with a minimum gpa of 2.0...mine wasnt up to that.. i was on a 1.89 gpa but i really wanted to move.. my parents didnt knw my intentions.. so the more i tried in engineering the more i hd F's ... my mama did everything to make me have interest even by buying me a core i7 laptop in 2014 but i lost interest.. I thought of suicide bro.. so one exam.. things got rough and patchy and i was almost disciplined by the school senate.. I summoned courage and explain to them to give me one last chance thats how i wasn't penalized but i told myself i cant keep on going like this.. that i must leave.. fast forward to 2017 i was in level 500 with 1.3 gpa by then most of my computer engineering mates have transferred out and i wasnt still allowed to leave due to low gpa.. i tried in year 4 my 10000 naira wasted.. then i payed 10k and tried again.. my mentor and uncle a professor had to see it through pleading by risking his neck on my behalf that i would succeed there embarassed .. not every proff will do that knowing i was an F student.. mind you not that the students that all transferred were dumb and unintelligent .. some of them started engineering with 4 point gpa and above but couldn't keep up so they left.. i was still there till 500 level thinking that if i leave what we people say.. what will my parents say.. but fûck what everyone thought.. i left wen my mate graduated thats it and that is.. on my sixth year.. i left to Actuarial science in 2018. I was really scared cos i did not knw what i am going to face there.. for a course in faculty of business admin what do i know.. cos i am a science student from secondary school.. so do i knw my accounting.. na.. do i know my finance or insurance courses.. nah i dont think so.. cos every course i wrote in engineering whenever the result is out i dont bother checking cos i knw i would have F.. and it always happens till i left engineering.. so i had a total of 21 carryover wen i was leaving engineering.. but wen u transfer out to a new department .. unilag will reset ur gpa to 0.. you will start from year 2 for a 4 years Actuarial science course.. sounds cool right but to me that year 2 in actuarial science is my year 6 in unilag.. year 3 is my year 7 and year 4 is my year 8 totally.. so i went there and promise my self i must see changes.. i got with good influences.. i mean good friends who motivated me.. borrowed some textbook and hey.. i developed a reading habit.. immediately after every lectures i go and read.. me that knws nothing in commercial course I changed my grade from F's to A's and B's.. and actuarial science has the same weight as computer engineering.. it is the only mathematical course in the whole of business administration.. we deal with insurance covers.. we can predict when you will die.. grin or the year interval of when a machine will fail.. google about the course and see.. Actuarist re scarce in Nigeria. Only 2 universities is taking the course in Nigeria and unilag is one.. the course pays well.. funny enough we differentiate and integrate and do every mathematical things just like in engineering.. the probability and statistics is deep and crazy but i see it as chilling.. my mama is so proud of me now that i am doing well.. i see some of my mates on facebook(exactly what made me stop using social media) some are working already.. some are doing masters.. but i am still in year 3.. ogbeni, everyman for himself.. just run ur own race jeje.. it is not how fast but how well..let ur past motivate you.. cos if you are happy with urself that is wen you can do well in this 100level you wanna try..i thought of ways to kill myself but hey here i am still standing.. dont be a coward.. face ur problems like i am doing mine.. my mates come to me to teach them now.. hardly do they knw i was an F student before.. i turned my F's to A and B and C.. you can do better.. next year is my finals and i aint gonna joke with it.. i must be out next year.. thats all. I hope my story can motivate you..everyone is going through hell.. the thing that matters is how well you can handle ur hell

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Babaheekmat: 8:14am On Jul 13, 2019
Tweak2k:

Regards,

Start all over..

Find somewhere to learn laptop and phone repairs..

Wish you luck
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by capitalzero: 8:14am On Jul 13, 2019
wizztee:
Bro try to finish with this degree. Computer science is very wide u can go for some professional courses which will help u more. Graduating with third class doesn't mean u won't get a job, instead of starting all over again enrol for professional courses.

Good advice

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Tweak2k: 8:14am On Jul 13, 2019
sulaak:

Study a Post-Graduate diploma and then a Master degree, which will take the best part of two years or less. You will learn more and your advance
degree will be a testimony of your intelligence.

I don't understand this. You mean I stead of starting a fresh? could you please explain
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Tweak2k: 8:17am On Jul 13, 2019
noble71:

Go and learn Java Language. I mean learn it very well. If you don't get a job in 6 months with even pass or third class certificate I will deactivate my account.

lol I prefer python or C#
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Tweak2k: 8:17am On Jul 13, 2019
norriswood:
...... Computer science is four years course in all universities in Nigeria exclude technology universities....

Mine is 5 years
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Tweak2k: 8:19am On Jul 13, 2019
Badonasty:

a good friend of mine did it and he's a graduate now with a good job....he's doing well more we that graduated before him sef

which dept did he change too?
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Tweak2k: 8:20am On Jul 13, 2019
weyreypey:
I did. It helped.
You did what?
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Rolandonyi: 8:20am On Jul 13, 2019
My own advice is that you had a dream before going into university and I still see the spirit burning in you to be the best at your chosen field. Trials and temptations come in different form and you have to brace up and face this head on. Options left to you are getting the degree, enroll for PGD and Masters and if possible a Doctorate if you feel time is not on your side. Second option is what you have suggested, starting all over again. It's not late as long you can sustain that dream and passion in you and this time around, you to do away with distractions. I wish you well. At times in life, you take a fall and spill all you have to discover yourself. My take for you is, where do you picture yourself in the next 15 years. Let that goal be your objective in life and not what people see or say about you. Above all brother, SUICIDE is not an OPTION.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Badonasty(m): 8:21am On Jul 13, 2019
Tweak2k:

which dept did he change too?

was in Dept of mass communication then but wrote jamb again and moved to another school
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Tweak2k: 8:22am On Jul 13, 2019
Evangkatsoulis:

Enter a 5-year course so that you will finish at the age of 30+. Abi you wan kill yourself for NYSC?
But do you want to waste money. The federal Government has been paying 200K+ for your tuition fees for 5 years now!

what are you saying
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 13, 2019
Finish and collect.that 3rd class certificate first.....then reaply to start.all over this time around get a four year course and at least part time to ease your stress....while schooling get a side hustle goodluck
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by vanjos: 8:22am On Jul 13, 2019
There is no limitations to whatever you want to achieve. Be prayerful /focused and go for GOAL

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 13, 2019
Tweak2k:

Regards,This story is almost same with mind with just little difference through I studied pol science and after 4yrs with 12 COs and a very low CGPA, I couldn't think of something more better but to quit and go start afresh cos I just don't want to graduate with a third class too. As a matter of fact my mates have served but here I am waiting to write jamb next year. I'm in my mid 20s too.
This story is almost same with mine with just little difference through I studied pol science and after 4yrs with 12 COs and a very low CGPA, I couldn't think of something more better but to quit and go start afresh cos I just don't want to graduate with a third class too. As a matter of fact my mates have served but here I am waiting to write jamb next year. I'm in my mid 20s too.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 13, 2019
Young man, did you join vikings of or anyone at all? your progress starts the moment you quit.
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Tweak2k: 8:25am On Jul 13, 2019
davinero1:

I'm kinda like in the same shit you're in now. 5 years wasted. Also in in my mid twenties.

I believe I failed because I was too scared(I know it sounds silly though but it's true) so I wrote jamb again which I passed, and I'll be writing Post Utme next month. I also applied for a different course.

I honestly do not know where the money will come from to train myself in school but I'm not going to be afraid again this time. At least I owe that to my parents for failing them the first time.

I also do not have any good skills but I can type really fast and I just recently got some little graphic design skills. Have not started getting jobs though but I believe they'd come.
I have also saved some.money to use to.get a laptop by next month when the monthly contribution I'm a part of pays me.

We should link up though. I'm Dave

ok Dave just pm me asap
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by hustla(m): 8:25am On Jul 13, 2019
Tweak2k:

Regards,

Go to Aptech instead and get netwrkng, programming and cloud computing skills

Thank me later

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Tweak2k: 8:26am On Jul 13, 2019
mikezuruki:

start again. be serious this time. And while at it, enrol in an institution where you'll learn how to code. Take it one step at a time. Uniport is 4 years

Am thinking of uniport am a sport man. Aside Computer science I don't know which other department is good for me..

Honestly, I have no idea about uniport or how it works. But I like the school

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

WAEC Releases 2018 WASSCE Results: How To Check / How A Young Man, Jesse Gideon Abraham Was Killed By His Roommate At Uniuyo (pix) / How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.