Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,917 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? (34703 Views)

University Of Ibadan Law Student Rapes 100-level Colleague On Campus / Induction Of Theatre Arts 100 Level Students Of UNIZIK. PICS / DELSU 100 Level Students Seen Undergoing Matriculation Ritual (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by kaelz(m): 8:42pm On Jul 13, 2019
NextBuhari:
Maybe op should also join a church after NYSC? The church can be a spring board.

A very big one at that, where he will be trained 2 maximize his potentials
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by InansBobo(m): 9:19pm On Jul 13, 2019
wonder233:
Two things: Computer Science is 4years in most Federal universities, I'm just getting to hear its 5years somewhere.

2ndly, do you have connections? I mean real connections that can get you a job and the degree is the only thing holding you back? If you do, then by all means go for the degree.
But if you don't have connections and you're thinking of spending another 4years in school only to come out and join the army of jobless youths with degrees applying for non-existent jobs, then I'd say that's a waste of another 4years. And my advice in which case will be to go learn a trade, a handwork, a vocation, something you have a natural flair for, if you put that 4years into it, my brother, you will become a mega big boy in no time
it's five only in specialized - tech based universities he Futminna, Futo etc

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by InansBobo(m): 9:59pm On Jul 13, 2019
Pascalville:
Brother lemme tell you my story..I am currently a student of university of lagos.. this is my 7th year in the university.. next year will be my last. I got admission into unilag in 2012/2013 into computer engineering.. not that i was unserious but everything there seem different to me.. exactly not what I expected for a computer engineering course because it was merge with electrical engineering. In Unilag, Electrical engineering and computer engineering are one.. the one housing both is electrical engineering.. so we did more of electrical engineering's courses than computer engineering.. we hardly program.. they make us program on a shît of paper just imagine.. so this affected the computer engineering students... most of us made a very difficult decision by transferring out of the dept and faculty to a new dept and faculty called Actuarial Science under the faculty of business administration.. some transferred early like immediately after year 2 cos that wen you re opened to transfer from engineering with a minimum gpa of 2.0...mine wasnt up to that.. i was on a 1.89 gpa but i really wanted to move.. my parents didnt knw my intentions.. so the more i tried in engineering the more i hd F's ... my mama did everything to make me have interest even by buying me a core i7 laptop in 2014 but i lost interest.. I thought of suicide bro.. so one exam.. things got rough and patchy and i was almost disciplined by the school senate.. I summoned courage and explain to them to give me one last chance thats how i wasn't penalized but i told myself i cant keep on going like this.. that i must leave.. fast forward to 2017 i was in level 500 with 1.3 gpa by then most of my computer engineering mates have transferred out and i wasnt still allowed to leave due to low gpa.. i tried in year 4 my 10000 naira wasted.. then i payed 10k and tried again.. my mentor and uncle a professor had to see it through pleading by risking his neck on my behalf that i would succeed there embarassed .. not every proff will do that knowing i was an F student.. mind you not that the students that all transferred were dumb and unintelligent .. some of them started engineering with 4 point gpa and above but couldn't keep up so they left.. i was still there till 500 level thinking that if i leave what we people say.. what will my parents say.. but fûck what everyone thought.. i left wen my mate graduated thats it and that is.. on my sixth year.. i left to Actuarial science in 2018. I was really scared cos i did not knw what i am going to face there.. for a course in faculty of business admin what do i know.. cos i am a science student from secondary school.. so do i knw my accounting.. na.. do i know my finance or insurance courses.. nah i dont think so.. cos every course i wrote in engineering whenever the result is out i dont bother checking cos i knw i would have F.. and it always happens till i left engineering.. so i had a total of 21 carryover wen i was leaving engineering.. but wen u transfer out to a new department .. unilag will reset ur gpa to 0.. you will start from year 2 for a 4 years Actuarial science course.. sounds cool right but to me that year 2 in actuarial science is my year 6 in unilag.. year 3 is my year 7 and year 4 is my year 8 totally.. so i went there and promise my self i must see changes.. i got with good influences.. i mean good friends who motivated me.. borrowed some textbook and hey.. i developed a reading habit.. immediately after every lectures i go and read.. me that knws nothing in commercial course I changed my grade from F's to A's and B's.. and actuarial science has the same weight as computer engineering.. it is the only mathematical course in the whole of business administration.. we deal with insurance covers.. we can predict when you will die.. grin or the year interval of when a machine will fail.. google about the course and see.. Actuarist re scarce in Nigeria. Only 2 universities is taking the course in Nigeria and unilag is one.. the course pays well.. funny enough we differentiate and integrate and do every mathematical things just like in engineering.. the probability and statistics is deep and crazy but i see it as chilling.. my mama is so proud of me now that i am doing well.. i see some of my mates on facebook(exactly what made me stop using social media) some are working already.. some are doing masters.. but i am still in year 3.. ogbeni, everyman for himself.. just run ur own race jeje.. it is not how fast but how well..let ur past motivate you.. cos if you are happy with urself that is wen you can do well in this 100level you wanna try..i thought of ways to kill myself but hey here i am still standing.. dont be a coward.. face ur problems like i am doing mine.. my mates come to me to teach them now.. hardly do they knw i was an F student before.. i turned my F's to A and B and C.. you can do better.. next year is my finals and i aint gonna joke with it.. i must be out next year.. thats all. I hope my story can motivate you..everyone is going through hell.. the thing that matters is how well you can handle ur hell
what a story! My day is made cool. Wish you all the best in your new field.
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by InansBobo(m): 10:16pm On Jul 13, 2019
LordIsaac:

There are two reasons why you shouldn't drop out: first, honour those who have invested in you, by graduating, albeit with a poor result. Secondly, NYSC is pending... So that you'll not be battling with altering your age later.
Now, WHEN you change course later after your NYSC, avoid the sciences so that history will not repeat itself. In my case, after studying Chemistry for 6years instead of 4, I finished and served. Then wrote WAEC and Jamb for a new faculty, the Social Sciences. I am on first class now... And, no fear of NYSC as I have served already. For posterity sakes finish and return for a better degree, forget PGD.
does not partaking in nysc have any effect on someone's employment or something? I want to know.
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by InansBobo(m): 10:33pm On Jul 13, 2019
MalbakOscar:

You've had your challenges
Finish with the 3rd Class. Graduate and go for International Certification Courses with Cisco, Oracle, Python and Java. When you're done, you'll be of more value than the 1st Class or 2nd Class holders in the IT World. Having a B.Sc only gets you so far, what else will you offer your employers.
Only Nigeria places so much importance on B.Sc grades (that aren't even up to standard abroad).
he's going to spill already, finishing will take 2+ years. Some universities even have max years you can spend for a programme, exceeding that max is auto-withdrawal. Isn't it better he start afresh?
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by InansBobo(m): 10:51pm On Jul 13, 2019
Blabbermouth:

"I want you to go to a university so that u can get your degree, but more important, I want you to return with an education"
1. Do u want to fulfill your dream on being a first class computer science graduate? then re-write Jamb and waste 4 more years.
2. Your family don't give 2 Bleep wateva u study, as long as u use it to succeed.
Even if its a fourth class degree , if u have what a company needs they will worship you. The world is digital, research on "Coursera", they operate an online school kind of thing. In about 6 months, u would master what a lot of ignorant students used 4-5 yrs of their life to study its useless theoretical aspect. Even better, they would award u a worldwide recognized degree far better than this your shitty university degree. The Icing on this online school is , you can maneuver your ways and learn for free!!!
please how can one maneuver and learn free on Coursera?
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by grandstar(m): 11:12pm On Jul 13, 2019
davinero1:

I'm kinda like in the same shit you're in now. 5 years wasted. Also in in my mid twenties.

I believe I failed because I was too scared(I know it sounds silly though but it's true) so I wrote jamb again which I passed, and I'll be writing Post Utme next month. I also applied for a different course.

I honestly do not know where the money will come from to train myself in school but I'm not going to be afraid again this time. At least I owe that to my parents for failing them the first time.

I also do not have any good skills but I can type really fast and I just recently got some little graphic design skills. Have not started getting jobs though but I believe they'd come.
I have also saved some.money to use to.get a laptop by next month when the monthly contribution I'm a part of pays me.

We should link up though. I'm Dave

Do you have a degree?
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by LordIsaac(m): 12:34am On Jul 14, 2019
InansBobo:
does not partaking in nysc have any effect on someone's employment or something? I want to know.
It does... That's why he needs to finish and serve first before taking up another degree.
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Tweak2k: 3:39am On Jul 14, 2019
dauddy97:

Thank God I saw this at the right time. Someone sent this to me on whatsapp. Pls, try and read it.

Degree Grade: The Cause for Unemployment and Backwardness in Africa

By Dr. Ahmed Adamu

Each century has its unique challenges and requirements, and educational qualification and requirement must evolve as well. The 20th century educational system was designed to prepare people to work in offices and farms, and unfortunately, we still run this type of educational system in 21st century, when we have spaceships that go to the moon and electric cars. Each century supposed to have its own befitting educational system. Most of the work that human beings must do in 20th century are now being done by machines and computers. The human intelligence has now turned to artificial intelligence, so the priority and the style of education must change.

In this era, education is not exclusive to school, for you to be knowledgeable, you don’t have to go to school necessarily, in fact, even those that go to school, what they learn from school become outdated. We now have access to smart phones, which gives us access to a more computing power and information more than the president of United State of America 20 years ago. So, access to education has never being so level as it is today. In a job market, “we no longer need workers who can retain and reproduce large amount of information, what we need are people who can sort through information and organize it effectively. We need new form of intelligence”. One of my mentors said. Learning must be reformed to enable us change the way we see and approach the world.

In 21st century, we have google and internet, where we can store, consult and learn information and skills better than what we would do within classrooms sometimes. So, the requirement is not only how much knowledge you can keep in your head, but what you can do with it. Your ability to finish with a high grade in school is not a sole indication of your intelligence and abilities.

Once we peg employment qualification or competence to a mere school grade, then we are training people to be unfit in 21st century. In this era, you don’t actually need the grade or the certificate to thrive. In fact, most of the billionaires don’t have a degree, and they are more successful than those with the highest grades from schools.

In fact, one might argue that school is the worst distraction to personal growth. Why would you stick your growth of knowledge and skill to a certain restricted or outdated curriculum only, while you have unlimited scope and boundless skills that you can learn in half the time. Schooling psychology tricks us into delaying every personal and skill development until we graduate, and eventually we have to start afresh, because 70% of what we learn in school are not applicable where we may find ourselves. In fact, most graduates forget more than 90% of the things they study in school.

What students eventually learned in school within 16 years, they can learn it in half of that time in this century, so the current school system waste students’ time more than we realize. Learning some of the subjects, professions or skills do not take more than five years, some even less, and with a levelled space for learning, one can go at his/her pace and learn more within far less the time, and keep updating his/herself timely.

Once you judge people by their grade alone, you are bound to hire people-like-robot, who only think and behave within the box, and they would not be able to adapt once you put them out of it. In fact, school system is not grading students fairly, because it subjected numerous learning style preferences to a single teaching style. It is like pairing fish and lizard in a climbing contest. You won’t be fair to the fish. Likewise, if you ask the fish and lizard to compete in a swimming contest, you won’t be fair to the lizard. So, even if one has the lowest school grade, it is not a case to condemn his intelligence and abilities, because he might have related to that fish in a climbing contest. He has not been tested in his best abilities.

Schools fail to teach students how to learn, it only teaches students what to learn, and by doing that students failed to effectively learn, and that’s why most of them forget what they were taught.

If we can subject our educational system to individual’s passion, style of learning and their chosen timeframe, we would be surprised by what we can learn within short time. If we can judge people by their skills, application, comprehension and motivations, we would have unemployment rate reduced drastically. People might have failed to score good grade, but they can be so creative and motivated to apply the skill.

Once we subject employment to grade, then everyone will compete for the grade instead of skills and comprehension, and without skills, people will have to keep waiting for the diminishing white-collar jobs, and more graduates are being produced daily, flooding the labour market, unemployment rate will constantly be on the rise.

The competition should be on skill acquisition and knowledge application, and to do this, you would need shorter period of time, and you don’t actually have to go to school all the time. In this century, certificates should not be recognized, but skills, creativity and ability to apply the knowledge should be the measure of competence and qualification.

Technology has replaced human requirement for growth, so human beings must do what machines cannot do, and this cannot be achieved by just competing for who can remember facts better. Life skills have changed due to technological advancement, new economies and opportunities. So, schools curriculum must prepare students for these, otherwise, the students will remained unemployed. Most of the skills you would need on a job are not being taught in classrooms, and that’s why most job seekers are not fit for job. That’s why we have high structural unemployment. On the other side, we have people who didn’t go to school or do not rely on their certificates creating jobs, and even employing the graduates.

School grade is delusional, it deceives students into believing that they have it all, while they don’t have it. Those with higher grades tend to rely so much of their grades, and those with lower grades lose hopes on their grades, and as a result pursue real life skills and opportunities. That’s why I advise students to burn their certificates, I don’t expect them to do that, but the aim is to give them the impression that certificate is not everything and that they should not over rely on it.

In fact, when you know you don’t have a good grade that’s when you become creative and innovative. I know Farida Kabir who said that, she graduated with a third class degree, but she is now employing first class graduates. The first class graduates have this impression that they can get a job because they have high grade, and of course they will get it, but they will be working under the creative minds, who may not have gone to school at all. In this century, grades are not indicative of how successful you may become, it might be good for you to have a grade, but don’t expect anything from it, and that alone is a motivation for creativity.

Conclusively, schooling is an outdated system, education is the new system, and for education to take place, you don’t need conventional schools. So, to address illiteracy, we have to create education beyond school. Schools do not have space capacity to accommodate educational needs. In fact, most of the valuable education are not acquired in school. School learning system is not always fair, because it teaches us what we don’t need, and it only teaches us what to learn, but not how to learn. School grades makes us redirect our energy towards grade competition instead of skill competition, and as a result graduates become unemployable. There are no enough opportunities to absorb the graduating students, they have to be trained to create the opportunities for themselves, otherwise, we will forever have unemployment on the rise. So, we have to reform our school system and our perception about school. Anyway, some schools are adapting nowadays, and we should have more of these reforms.

Dr. Ahmed Adamu
Petroleum Economist, Leadership and Personal Development Expert,
Brain Coach,
Lecturer at Economics Department of Nile University of Nigeria, Abuja,
First Global President of the Commonwealth Youth Council.
ahmadadamu1@gmail.com

woow am thrilled
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Tweak2k: 3:40am On Jul 14, 2019
Blabbermouth:

U could also apply for a scholarship kind of thing on coursera. I know of people that learnt from coursera almost without paying a dime. like I said, there are maneuvers.
lemme ask u 2 QST
1. What do you truly want, a first class degree or a first class skill?
2. Which 1 would u rather pick. Pride or success

1: First class skill
2: Success
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Kunfu(m): 3:49am On Jul 14, 2019
Tweak2k:
Am in a depressed state and am so ashamed of myself. Currently schooling in a federal university studying computer sci. Seriously I feel really bad to have wasted 5 years without achieving nothing or a degree. Even spill over still wouldn't do no good cause I don't want a 3rd class degree or every worst. Can't take the risk again.[ insult is free i deserve it]

instead of graduating with a shitty degree am thinking of starting all over again from 100lvl to study computer science or anything related in a federal university. 4 years Max

Right now i feel like an abomination and a disgrace to my family. Have tried visiting the HOD's in my school unfortunately, I was informed students from the same school can't switch to same school [Different department] i dont know why i think it's best known to them.

Mind you am in my mid 20s with no achievement or any money making skills.

I have interest in mastering programming or becoming a tech savvy guy or a security expert but i can't. aside the coding aspect physiologically am not balance. Secondly, am limited.. Am very ambitious i need help and opportunities. Am tried of fighting alone/ holding back its eating me up silently... I only smile or engage myself in a social gathering to cover up my pain.

Even if am to start all over again I'll prefer a university that offer a 4 years course I don't know which Federal university one can study comp sci within 4 years.

Please I need advice and help The truth is school is frustrating and tiring.. I need a degree my battle can't be in vain.

I know someone would have pass through my line of sorrow or even worst. Your suggestions, opportunities and help will revive me back...

Regards,
Apply for KWARA STATE UNIVERSITY TOP UP PROGRAM and get a new Bsc in Computer science in just 2years
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Nobody: 4:49am On Jul 14, 2019
InansBobo:
what a story! My day is made cool. Wish you all the best in your new field.
thank you boss smiley

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by davinero1: 5:40am On Jul 14, 2019
grandstar:

I
Do you have a degree?

Nope. Just my SSCE.

But I've got a little exposure now cos of the time I wasted in school.
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by InansBobo(m): 6:40am On Jul 14, 2019
LordIsaac:

It does... That's why he needs to finish and serve first before taking up another degree.
will you be denied a job because you don't have an nysc certificate? What if you have an exemption certificate? doesn't that equal the discharge certificate?
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by LordIsaac(m): 7:07am On Jul 14, 2019
InansBobo:
will you be denied a job because you don't have an nysc certificate? What if you have an exemption certificate? doesn't that equal the discharge certificate?
The problem with exemption certificate is that it makes you ineligible for most corporate jobs...it automatically tells your employer that you are above 30. Most adverts ask for job seekers in their 20's.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by LAUSUG15: 8:53am On Jul 14, 2019
ladiesreject:

Sorry, which program is this and how is it done?

Search online for jupeb. Its very good but it requires some amount of case anyways. Very fast and time saving
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Blabbermouth: 10:15am On Jul 14, 2019
Tweak2k:

1: First class skill
2: Success
Now, did u notice hw almost everybody wanted u to just learn any applied computer science skills.
They all know wat dey are saying, Graduate with any degree u could and chase TRUE EDUCATION, don't worry, success will chase you pants down.
By the way,
YOU NEED MONEY TO MAKE MONEY
1.You could work a per-month job anywhere. And save money to get a system and enough to cover expenses for learning those skills {learn 2 at least} . When am free ah would ask those that have taken courses at coursera how dey did it for almost free.
2.If u have a great brain, write books on amazon, depending on how smart u are, u might make a lot of money that u wont feel like chasing Computer sci again (am not exaggerating)
Did u spill ??
Feel free to share your thought on dis!!

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Nicheey(m): 12:43pm On Jul 14, 2019
ChemicalReaction:
No. UNIPORT

You?

Rsu
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Pataricatering(f): 3:43pm On Jul 14, 2019
Go and learn a skill - a lot of us wasted four five years in school to start fashion design , salon etc . Go and learn welding - there’s a lot you can do with it .
Tweak2k:

thanks 24 actually...
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Tweak2k: 3:54pm On Jul 14, 2019
Blabbermouth:

Now, did u notice hw almost everybody wanted u to just learn any applied computer science skills.
They all know wat dey are saying, Graduate with any degree u could and chase TRUE EDUCATION, don't worry, success will chase you pants down.
By the way,
YOU NEED MONEY TO MAKE MONEY
1.You could work a per-month job anywhere. And save money to get a system and enough to cover expenses for learning those skills {learn 2 at least} . When am free ah would ask those that have taken courses at coursera how dey did it for almost free.
2.If u have a great brain, write books on amazon, depending on how smart u are, u might make a lot of money that u wont feel like chasing Computer sci again (am not exaggerating)
Did u spill ??
Feel free to share your thought on dis!!

thanks the free coursera courses are important . pz don't forget.

did you spill? yes
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by MrStealYourGirl(m): 6:54pm On Jul 14, 2019
Tweak2k:

bro I don't know any... Can you recommend one for me?
what do you love doing, try and innovate it to a money making skills
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Babacele: 7:34pm On Jul 14, 2019
Pataricatering:
Go and learn a skill - a lot of us wasted four five years in school to start fashion design , salon etc . Go and learn welding - there’s a lot you can do with it .
seems so but it isn't.
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by agya1: 10:10pm On Jul 14, 2019
Tweak2k:

hmm why accounting if I may ask. No offense I just want to know
I studied Engineering, but from my little career experience I realized Accounting is a very lucrative course cos they're required in every Organization. Also it is easier compared to all those core science courses.
Additional Certifications like ICAN/ACCA would take you places without age limits as non accounting graduates are striving for these certifications, hence you can infer a switch towards the course.
Sorry for my late response.
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by o42austino(m): 10:33pm On Jul 14, 2019
o42austino:
Life is not over yet and you can make a fresh start... I graduated from NAU with PASS not even a 3rd class.. After my service year I tried my hand in a lot of stuffs to make a living but later found my way when I was 35years ,I am presently an Able Seaman . Next year I will apply for Associate Cadet at Maritime Academy of Nigeria Oron so that after 9months I will get Diploma in Nautical Science (OND) that will make me a cadet and after a year of been a cadet I will seat for My OOW exam and if I pass I will become a third Officer onboard and my hope of been a Captain will mature one day. Y am I telling u this?, Life is not over yet... Hang in there.
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Donwyz(m): 7:48am On Jul 15, 2019
p1jiobi:
My dear more than ten years ago, I was in a similar situation. In my mid twenties, no skills, no money, viewed as a disgrace to my parents, I had to ear the humble pie and start all.over again in school. It was no easy decision but it was a decision I had to make. I got those funny looks and comments from people who felt I was a waste of time and resources having squandered my first five years of school. My new classmates even avoided me, I was their idea of a bad student. Rewind ten years I made a 2'1 and 2'2.in the university and law school respectively, I am a practicing lawyer, married with two kids. No one today even remembers that at some point I had to start all over. The most interesting part is that most of my peers who went ahead of me I am heads toes and shoulders ahead of them. My wife is a banker. She loves and adores me. I can't complain about life. I owe these partly to that decision I made 11.years ago.
I respect you sir...you are an inspiration
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 15, 2019
Tweak2k:

let's link up so we going to find a better school. Or maybe work together.
which school will u be applying for next year?
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by segzyndpep(m): 9:19am On Jul 15, 2019
Tweak2k:
Am in a depressed state and am so ashamed of myself. Currently schooling in a federal university studying computer sci. Seriously I feel really bad to have wasted 5 years without achieving nothing or a degree. Even spill over still wouldn't do no good cause I don't want a 3rd class degree or every worst. Can't take the risk again.[ insult is free i deserve it]

instead of graduating with a shitty degree am thinking of starting all over again from 100lvl to study computer science or anything related in a federal university. 4 years Max

Right now i feel like an abomination and a disgrace to my family. Have tried visiting the HOD's in my school unfortunately, I was informed students from the same school can't switch to same school [Different department] i dont know why i think it's best known to them.

Mind you am in my mid 20s with no achievement or any money making skills.

I have interest in mastering programming or becoming a tech savvy guy or a security expert but i can't. aside the coding aspect physiologically am not balance. Secondly, am limited.. Am very ambitious i need help and opportunities. Am tried of fighting alone/ holding back its eating me up silently... I only smile or engage myself in a social gathering to cover up my pain.

Even if am to start all over again I'll prefer a university that offer a 4 years course I don't know which Federal university one can study comp sci within 4 years.

Please I need advice and help The truth is school is frustrating and tiring.. I need a degree my battle can't be in vain.

I know someone would have pass through my line of sorrow or even worst. Your suggestions, opportunities and help will revive me back...

Regards,

Computer science is 4years in Unilorin.I will advice you to do a jupeb(A level) programme for 1year after which you will be admitted to 200L after the programme.I can guarantee you that you will pass it.Also try unilorin or kwasu i am certain you will finish your 4years degree programme without strike or delay.Talking from experience.

Another option:Get a noun university form,learn a skill and start building yourself while you study.For the former you can contact me for jupeb,i know someone who can help you on it.You do not need to worry about anything,las lass everything will fall into place.
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Tweak2k: 10:11pm On Jul 15, 2019
segzyndpep:

Computer science is 4years in Unilorin.I will advice you to do a jupeb(A level) programme for 1year after which you will be admitted to 200L after the programme.I can guarantee you that you will pass it.Also try unilorin or kwasu i am certain you will finish your 4years degree programme without strike or delay.Talking from experience.

Another option:Get a noun university form,learn a skill and start building yourself while you study.For the former you can contact me for jupeb,i know someone who can help you on it.You do not need to worry about anything,las lass everything will fall into place.

Cool how much is jupeb? I need more info
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Liamm(m): 8:18am On Jul 16, 2019
Uchennachizua:

I'm in unn. Its 4years and Post ume and stuff will be around August
do you have any idea when UNN post utme registration will commence?
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by segzyndpep(m): 10:19am On Jul 16, 2019
Tweak2k:

Cool how much is jupeb? I need more info

The whole programme should be less than 200k
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Education01(m): 10:31am On Jul 16, 2019
Its is never too late to start over. You can consider A'level programs that offers 200level admission. It will be faster than way if you get it.
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by dunsin125: 7:27pm On Jul 16, 2019
AccessME:
This story is almost same with mine with just little difference through I studied pol science and after 4yrs with 12 COs and a very low CGPA, I couldn't think of something more better but to quit and go start afresh cos I just don't want to graduate with a third class too. As a matter of fact my mates have served but here I am waiting to write jamb next year. I'm in my mid 20s too.
Bro mine is like yours but the difference is after spending 4 years in school, I was told that I shouldn't settle for the course that I should go for the course I earlier picked. Waiting for NYSC and taking Jamb too next year.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Uniport Post-graduate Student Sets To Marry His Course-mate / Black Liquid Found In Sylvester Oromoni's Stomach During Autopsy – Father / ABU Fresh Graduate Dies In Accident, Hours After Posting 'Am Coming Home'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.