Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,087 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? (34598 Views)

University Of Ibadan Law Student Rapes 100-level Colleague On Campus / Induction Of Theatre Arts 100 Level Students Of UNIZIK. PICS / DELSU 100 Level Students Seen Undergoing Matriculation Ritual (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Blabbermouth: 10:09am On Jul 13, 2019
Tweak2k:
Am in a depressed state and am so ashamed of myself. Currently schooling in a federal university studying computer sci. Seriously I feel really bad to have wasted 5 years without achieving nothing or a degree. Even spill over still wouldn't do no good cause I don't want a 3rd class degree or every worst. Can't take the risk again.[ insult is free i deserve it]

instead of graduating with a shitty degree am thinking of starting all over again from 100lvl to study computer science or anything related in a federal university. 4 years Max

Right now i feel like an abomination and a disgrace to my family. Have tried visiting the HOD's in my school unfortunately, I was informed students from the same school can't switch to same school [Different department] i dont know why i think it's best known to them.

Mind you am in my mid 20s with no achievement or any money making skills.

I have interest in mastering programming or becoming a tech savvy guy or a security expert but i can't. aside the coding aspect physiologically am not balance. Secondly, am limited.. Am very ambitious i need help and opportunities. Am tried of fighting alone/ holding back its eating me up silently... I only smile or engage myself in a social gathering to cover up my pain.

Even if am to start all over again I'll prefer a university that offer a 4 years course I don't know which Federal university one can study comp sci within 4 years.

Please I need advice and help The truth is school is frustrating and tiring.. I need a degree my battle can't be in vain.

I know someone would have pass through my line of sorrow or even worst. Your suggestions, opportunities and help will revive me back...

Regards,
"I want you to go to a university so that u can get your degree, but more important, I want you to return with an education"
1. Do u want to fulfill your dream on being a first class computer science graduate? then re-write Jamb and waste 4 more years.
2. Your family don't give 2 Bleep wateva u study, as long as u use it to succeed.
Even if its a fourth class degree , if u have what a company needs they will worship you. The world is digital, research on "Coursera", they operate an online school kind of thing. In about 6 months, u would master what a lot of ignorant students used 4-5 yrs of their life to study its useless theoretical aspect. Even better, they would award u a worldwide recognized degree far better than this your shitty university degree. The Icing on this online school is , you can maneuver your ways and learn for free!!!
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by ozoebuka1(m): 10:09am On Jul 13, 2019
Tweak2k:
Am in a depressed state and am so ashamed of myself. Currently schooling in a federal university studying computer sci. Seriously I feel really bad to have wasted 5 years without achieving nothing or a degree. Even spill over still wouldn't do no good cause I don't want a 3rd class degree or every worst. Can't take the risk again.[ insult is free i deserve it]

instead of graduating with a shitty degree am thinking of starting all over again from 100lvl to study computer science or anything related in a federal university. 4 years Max

Right now i feel like an abomination and a disgrace to my family. Have tried visiting the HOD's in my school unfortunately, I was informed students from the same school can't switch to same school [Different department] i dont know why i think it's best known to them.

I have interest in mastering programming or becoming a tech savvy guy or a security expert but i can't. aside the coding aspect physiologically am not balance. Secondly, am limited.. Am very ambitious i need help and opportunities. Am tried of fighting alone/ holding back its eating me up silently... I only smile or engage myself in a social gathering to cover up my pain.

Even if am to start all over again I'll prefer a university that offer a 4 years course I don't know which Federal university one can study comp sci within 4 years.

Please I need advice and help The truth is school is frustrating and tiring.. I need a degree my battle can't be in vain.

I know someone would have pass through my line of sorrow or even worst. Your suggestions, opportunities and help will revive me back...

Regards,
In uniben, it's a four year course.... But why not finish and get the third class before you can start afresh because shit do happen... You may regret not catching the bed at hand later on.
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by comcorn: 10:10am On Jul 13, 2019
Tweak2k:

Regards,
my bro, I had boss who graduated from unilag with third class in economics and he is currently working for the same I institution, so who told u you can't do well with third class, bro the mistake Is made, collect the certificate, go for some professional courses and then look for a Job, call upon Jesus as you do this and I guarantee you will make it in JESUS NAME.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Studyinchina200(m): 10:17am On Jul 13, 2019
Are you that stupid?
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Omo9ja147(m): 10:22am On Jul 13, 2019
Ejebleje:
Tweak2k

I can tell that you had a very bad foundation educationally, pre-university and it has shown in coming to the fore now.
I can tell you struggled with your core subjects , and even tho’ you have the desire to do I.T, you don’t have a solid background in science subjects.

You missed it the moment you went for “special center” instead of addressing your deficiencies before entering the university.
(Please correct me if any of my submissions are wrong)

I however feel there is a way out . Go for a “less demanding “ course that’s not necessarily science related, start well( sound 100 l results) and continue with zeal until your final year.

When you’re out of uni, pick an area of I.t you’re interested in, and that matches your areas of strength, look for good computer schools and start learning at your own pace. This way, you’re not burdened with the extraneous courses you would’ve done in the university, for which you really were not prepared for .BUT , from here on , it has to be certifications , certifications , certifications .

A number of excellent programmers didn’t study computer science in school, though most were already Science inclined

On the flip side , a university degree doesn’t buy you success in today’s world. A combination of hard work , being smart and highly opportunistic does.
As one of the posters above suggested, you can go learn a technical skill of your choice and continue to hone it, till it becomes marketable.

Now isn’t the time for self pity and self loathing , if things aren’t working out for you, go and work things out. Good a thing you’re still in your 20’s .
omaye mii...nice talk
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Theflint1(m): 10:29am On Jul 13, 2019
If you're sure you'd see it through, yes.
Ejebleje:
Tweak2k

I can tell that you had a very bad foundation educationally, pre-university and it has shown in coming to the fore now.
I can tell you struggled with your core subjects , and even tho’ you have the desire to do I.T, you don’t have a solid background in science subjects.

You missed it the moment you went for “special center” instead of addressing your deficiencies before entering the university.
(Please correct me if any of my submissions are wrong)

I however feel there is a way out . Go for a “less demanding “ course that’s not necessarily science related, start well( sound 100 l results) and continue with zeal until your final year.

When you’re out of uni, pick an area of I.t you’re interested in, and that matches your areas of strength, look for good computer schools and start learning at your own pace. This way, you’re not burdened with the extraneous courses you would’ve done in the university, for which you really were not prepared for .BUT , from here on , it has to be certifications , certifications , certifications .

A number of excellent programmers didn’t study computer science in school, though most were already Science inclined

On the flip side , a university degree doesn’t buy you success in today’s world. A combination of hard work , being smart and highly opportunistic does.
As one of the posters above suggested, you can go learn a technical skill of your choice and continue to hone it, till it becomes marketable.

Now isn’t the time for self pity and self loathing , if things aren’t working out for you, go and work things out. Good a thing you’re still in your 20’s .
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Techcrunchng(m): 10:30am On Jul 13, 2019
ThatFairGuy:
One of the best advice... PGD is now two years though
oh my bad! Thanks for the correction

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Nicheey(m): 10:30am On Jul 13, 2019
ChemicalReaction:
If you ever consider a state University, computer science is four years in RSU

Are u in rsu?
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by kaelz(m): 10:33am On Jul 13, 2019
Tweak2k:

Regards,
To start with, I don't know you op, but i feel i can make a good contribution to this. I graduated in 2011 with a not so good result not even one dat could get me a good job but I dnt let that bother me, I went for my compulsory 1 year service afterwards I got this opportunity to work in a church where I was able to learn my cinematography skills and graphics designing in a space of 4years I am a pro in all these skill, also I can set up a FTA satellite tv channel. So its never late to try anything in life.
Currently I am Managing a Multimedia company in Lagos. I feel u could be inspired. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by ChemicalReaction(f): 10:33am On Jul 13, 2019
Nicheey:

Are u in rsu?
No. UNIPORT

You?
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by frozen70(f): 10:34am On Jul 13, 2019
I know that you are down cast, don't let it eat you up

Relax and take another jamb and make a good score for your choice of study

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by fascia(m): 10:38am On Jul 13, 2019
Well perception is everything. How we view things matter in this life. So you spent 5 years in school and your getting a third class, and so what. You think a degree will guarantee success in this life. Ppl should stop viewing university as a cash cow. It just where u learn. Theory and the likes.

Forget about any 5 years, you should be looking forward.
Get your third class certificate and as people has already advised above
1 go for msc
2 go for certification (oracle and the likes.) beside your course is it related, they care more about what you can do than your degree.
3 go for programming training centers.

And of you really wish to go back to school.
1 you can go for a reputable part-time school
And combine it with a good programming training center.
2 since your goal is becoming a good programmer there are various online teaching centre edx, cousera,etc
And you can freelance too while learning too.
My 2cent

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Tabba(m): 10:41am On Jul 13, 2019
Get that 3rd class, go learn skills. There are numerous online educational platforms like codeacademy, coursera, edx etc, take advantage of them.

Use your nysc allawee to develop yourself and invest in any income generating businesses. No make mistake go do another four years o. Cus you may even end up not graduating with the class of degree you want.

If you too like school, go do masters
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by sulasa07(m): 10:49am On Jul 13, 2019
Tweak2k:

Regards,
U fit go FUNAAB,Computer Science/Studies is 4yrs,but don't forget to add Strike and other wuruwuru making it 5yrs.Plus their fee no Much but to get into that Computer Department is the real problem
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by lionphil(m): 10:50am On Jul 13, 2019
Tweak2k:

Regards,

Have you heard of the late GANI FAWEHINMI (SAN)... I LEARNT HE GRADUATED WITH A THIRD CLASS.

GET HOLD OF THIS DEGREE FIRST, YOU'VE COME A LONG WAY BRO.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by deltateam: 10:54am On Jul 13, 2019
Cioccolata:
I see nothing wrong.
You can do it. But go for first class this time.

Baba show us your own first class. Na so e easy? grin
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by LAUSUG15: 10:55am On Jul 13, 2019
My brother,its better u get that third class first and then go for jupeb program which is for six months and gain admission into 200 level in any university of your choice. Thats my little advice.
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Divay22(f): 11:06am On Jul 13, 2019
deleo16:
cool it's best you take up professional course in A.I or programming and sign up for a part time too up programme Earn well after the programme by applying for a job then do part time by the side I recommend this book it's will be of great help along along side holy books HAPPINESS COMES FROM SOLVING PROBLEM S
Hmmm
Can i mail you for this book pls?
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by mamatwiny(f): 11:12am On Jul 13, 2019
noble71:

Go and learn Java Language. I mean learn it very well. If you don't get a job in 6 months with even pass or third class certificate I will deactivate my account.
That is it. Software development sells like hot akara.
He should forget abt dropping off. Get his cert even if it is pass, do ur nysc. Develop yourself along software development. Gather as much skills and experience as you can. Java, python, c+, CSS , If he can , he can add cyber security to it.

Coys in north america will beg you to work for them for 60k dollars per year and above.

We have passed the level of certificate, what sells now is skills. What can you do? Oya do it let us see...then you are hired.
If you are intrested, I can give you sites that you can learn some skills for free and others you will be required to pay some tokens . You just have to be determined.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by NextBuhari: 11:12am On Jul 13, 2019
Tweak2k:

I'll be spending 2 yrs + before I find and its not certain cause if I have any Carryovers. gonna be bad
You can resit to make up for your carryovers. This time you have to be more hardworking, determined and serious. Between 2 yrs +1 yr PGD and 4 yrs (strikes and other uncertainties) for a new degree which is longer?
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by bukas15(m): 11:18am On Jul 13, 2019
godwinony:
I graduated with a degree in Comp sci from Uniport in 2016, 4 years on the dot regardless 2 ASUU strikes. It's a very nice course but if you consider delving back in, make sure you're good in Maths/Further Maths, logic and statistics...a 2:1 or a good degree hinges mostly on them. On the other hand, you can still pocket whatever degree you earn now and go develop yourself fully in whatever niche of computer science you want to specialise in.

In this profession, you need know-how but a good degree will get you opportunities.
are there hopes for 2:2 graduates??
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by NextBuhari: 11:20am On Jul 13, 2019
kaelz:

To start with, I don't know you op, but i feel i can make a good contribution to this. I graduated in 2011 with a not so good result not even one dat could get me a good job but I dnt let that bother me, I went for my compulsory 1 year service afterwards I got this opportunity to work in a church where I was able to learn my cinematography skills and graphics designing in a space of 4years I am a pro in all these skill, also I can set up a FTA satellite tv channel. So its never late to try anything in life.
Currently I am Managing a Multimedia company in Lagos. I feel u could be inspired. Thanks
Maybe op should also join a church after NYSC? The church can be a spring board.
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by godwon01(m): 11:23am On Jul 13, 2019
Tweak2k:

bro I don't know any... Can you recommend one for me?
Buy products in Lagos Island and turn it to money venture in a rural setting. Or join any affiliate market on the internet. Good luck. Education is just acquisition of knowledge. Get a skill on something.
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by fabianiyobosa(m): 11:23am On Jul 13, 2019
Was in same predicament some years back, I was definitely going to spill but I had a choice of either bribing or start all over, I started all over and boom, I am a graduate now. I won't lie that it was someone else, it was me. I had no passion for the course I went for. It took 6 years off my productive years, but I knew I could do it, I re-enrolled and looking back, I am proud of myself and the decision I took.

Get cracking.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Judeosho(m): 11:28am On Jul 13, 2019
My brother, do not be depressed, the best advice i can offer you, is to finish up, graduate and go for service, there are so many I.T certification you can do to become a guru, mke your research, look for the one that you can handle, be a specialist and start making money... so dont be depressed, there's always light at the end of the tunnel..

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by promizbob(m): 11:30am On Jul 13, 2019
bro my advice is dat yu should just come out with the result then go to an ICT firm learn wat ever aspect in computer science you are interested in . cos come to think of it in school it the theoretical aspect you are been taught and you actually need the practical aspect
cos me am in computer science too but the part of programming and data science that is been taught to us are just the intro then we move to de next aspect so it all left to u to work on your if you really want to it all left to you bro
school don't matter especially in dis country
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by bukas15(m): 11:31am On Jul 13, 2019
whizdame:
U can transfer to a university in Benin republic and do two years and u are done u can come out with a first class if u are serious
pls how possible is that??
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 13, 2019
If I must pass through this stress to acquire a degree in Nigeria, it must be An MBBS or a Law degree

Those are the only useful degrees in Nigeria at the moment.

The rest are about your skills and connection.

If you are connected, fine!
If you're not, learn a skill.
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 13, 2019
Judeosho:
My brother, do not be depressed, the best advice i can offer you, is to finish up, graduate and go for service, there are so many I.T certification you can do to become a guru, mke your research, look for the one that you can handle, be a specialist and start making money..wole soyinka you know, finished with a 3rd class. He went abroad and finished his masters having a first class, so dont be depressed, there's always light at the end of the tunnel..

Wole Soyinka did not graduate with a 3rd class, it's a fallacy.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 13, 2019
mamatwiny:

That is it. Software development sells like hot akara.
He should forget abt dropping off. Get his cert even if it is pass, do ur nysc. Develop yourself along software development. Gather as much skills and experience as you can. Java, python, c+, CSS , If he can , he can add cyber security to it.

Coys in north america will beg you to work for them for 60k dollars per year and above.

We have passed the level of certificate, what sells now is skills. What can you do? Oya do it let us see...then you are hired.
If you are intrested, I can give you sites that you can learn some skills for free and others you will be required to pay some tokens . You just have to be determined.

Am interested in the sites please
Re: Is It Right To Start All Over Again From 100 Level After Wasting 5 Years? by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 13, 2019
deleo16:
cool it's best you take up professional course in A.I or programming and sign up for a part time too up programme Earn well after the programme by applying for a job then do part time by the side I recommend this book it's will be of great help along along side holy books HAPPINESS COMES FROM SOLVING PROBLEM S
Chairman, where person fit see the hard copy of this book?
Or you have the e-copy (PDF)?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

WAEC Releases 2018 WASSCE Results: How To Check / How A Young Man, Jesse Gideon Abraham Was Killed By His Roommate At Uniuyo (pix) / 400 Level UNIOSUN Student Found Dead After Missing For Days (see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.