Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

How Do I Get Over My Ex Whom I Left Because We Are Both AS? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Get Over My Ex Whom I Left Because We Are Both AS? (37482 Views)

Bobrisky Sleeps With Me Every Night, I Left Because I Can’t Cope With His Demand / Whom Should I Marry: The One Whom I Love Or The One Who Loves Me? / I Lost 8k Just Because My Ex Whom I Trusted Couldn't Keep Her Damn Legs Closed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Get Over My Ex Whom I Left Because We Are Both AS? by jaxxy(m): 10:19am On Dec 17, 2019
Freethought:
Good afternoon nairalanders, a couple of weeks ago, i came here to seek advice on how to handle knowing my wife to be is AS as i also am. A lot of people here said we should just break up that the marriage won't end well for us.

We both listened to your advices and decided to call off the wedding but now we can't seem to stay away from each other. I tried severally to not see her and I'm sure she also tried not to see me but most times we just found ourselves together having sex again.

I think about her almost every time so i told her to stop calling me, at least to get her off of my mind. But she may just call simply to say hello and from dere we are having sex again.

The sex we keep having is my problem as i fear the SS problem we were trying to prevent by calling off the wedding may now come this time.

She's irresistible and i don't know how to go about this whole thing. Please kindly advice accordingly if you've gone through this before. I really need to get over her and stop having sex with her.

Thank you

It’s called self control. Even when ur married u can choose not to have sex and chill. Sex is not everything even though yes it is good or great bt lack of self control is much worse.
Re: How Do I Get Over My Ex Whom I Left Because We Are Both AS? by Alphabets(m): 10:25am On Dec 17, 2019
Man, while I understand how painful it can be, having to leave someone you love for reasons other than some seroius misunderstanding and irreconcilable differences, the issue of genotype is serious and as such should not to be glossed over for any reason.

Now that you find it hard to leave her and vice versa, to the best of my understanding, analysis of genotype has gone beyond the exclusive AA, AS we used to know and I suppose you may need to do more findings about your compatibility to know if as both of you guys are ASs, there is still a possibility of getting married to her without making your children suffer.

I have two friends that are engaged now, who are both ASs. They faced this same issue and they both had to run advanced medical tests and make consultations and they were sure beyond being ASs, that they are both compatible and that their children are not endangered even before they agreed to go into courtship which they both are in now.

Though I do not have the details, I know they did all the medical stuffs in Lagos and I could ask one of them to give further explanations to you if you feel you need them.

All the best brother.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Over My Ex Whom I Left Because We Are Both AS? by Offpoint: 10:28am On Dec 17, 2019
bindukwe:

You can't sit there and call what they have lust.

It shows no such indications.

If anything, its a hangover from an unfortunate affection
lol, I know love when I see or read about it.

Take that sex out of that relationship and watch the ship sink.

They're 2 adults who can't go a week or month without banging themselves... that's all I see.

If these 2 start having sex constantly with another partner in a month time they'll forget about themselves.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Over My Ex Whom I Left Because We Are Both AS? by Lleigh(f): 10:34am On Dec 17, 2019
InyinyaAgbaOku:

And you think everybody supports intrauterine murder called abortion?

I am just quoting what happened. People who are both AS have to go into it with their eyes wide open. There are other options they should also look at.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Over My Ex Whom I Left Because We Are Both AS? by oluplus(m): 10:34am On Dec 17, 2019
Freethought:
Good afternoon nairalanders, a couple of weeks ago, i came here to seek advice on how to handle knowing my wife to be is AS as i also am. A lot of people here said we should just break up that the marriage won't end well for us.

We both listened to your advices and decided to call off the wedding but now we can't seem to stay away from each other. I tried severally to not see her and I'm sure she also tried not to see me but most times we just found ourselves together having sex again.

I think about her almost every time so i told her to stop calling me, at least to get her off of my mind. But she may just call simply to say hello and from dere we are having sex again.

The sex we keep having is my problem as i fear the SS problem we were trying to prevent by calling off the wedding may now come this time.

She's irresistible and i don't know how to go about this whole thing. Please kindly advice accordingly if you've gone through this before. I really need to get over her and stop having sex with her.

Thank you

1. She's not your Ex, because you have not broken up.
2. You do not have self control, not just on sexual life, but also in other areas of your life. Dont ask me how I know.
3. Pregenotype test (Aminiocentesis) can show you the genotype of foetus. The test is N180K in my state.
4. If you can afford afford number 3, you can shoot your shot.
5.Marry her or let her go. Stop sexing her and be responsible.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Over My Ex Whom I Left Because We Are Both AS? by IamPlato(m): 10:41am On Dec 17, 2019
What A Fvcked Up World! What You Do Not Know You Do Not Fear. Look At What Science Has Caused.

This Was Never God's Plan From The Start.

Personally, I Dont Care About All These AS and AA Bullshiit. My Love Life First.
Re: How Do I Get Over My Ex Whom I Left Because We Are Both AS? by frozen70(f): 10:42am On Dec 17, 2019
CallMeDrino:

I don't agree.

Love is a chemical reaction that fade away with time.

You don't agree because you have never been privileged to get one
Re: How Do I Get Over My Ex Whom I Left Because We Are Both AS? by frozen70(f): 10:43am On Dec 17, 2019
Chibukings111:

See advice wey you dey give your fellow human

It's his choice to take it or leave it, go and read again and count the likes
Re: How Do I Get Over My Ex Whom I Left Because We Are Both AS? by zueman8080(m): 10:44am On Dec 17, 2019
Because U both has high level of libido as AS carries.
Re: How Do I Get Over My Ex Whom I Left Because We Are Both AS? by frozen70(f): 10:46am On Dec 17, 2019
Goodnigga:
why did you say someone can carry their pregnancy? The sperm and the egg are both AS, the womb is a sack to carry the embryo, how is the womb gonna change the genotype?

We still have carriers with a man sperm and a donor egg

The most important thing is that the sperm that fertilises the egg is from the man

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Over My Ex Whom I Left Because We Are Both AS? by frozen70(f): 10:48am On Dec 17, 2019
anonimi:

Please how many people do you know in our country who have done that?

Go to places like, the bridge hospital, Nordicar and the rest

No one will come out openly to tell you how he/she did it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Get Over My Ex Whom I Left Because We Are Both AS? by frozen70(f): 10:50am On Dec 17, 2019
adanny01:

Its not that bad.

I agree with you mostly.

She can have children but i think there is a medical process to select the genotype of a fetus and then implanted in her. Its just expensive.

There is also fetal genotype testing and abortion as a cheaper option but the risk of harming the fetus is a thing of concern.

You are absolutely right, the issue is the cost implications
Re: How Do I Get Over My Ex Whom I Left Because We Are Both AS? by ayanjamz: 10:50am On Dec 17, 2019
Let me help u to help urself. You can go ahead with the wedding, if both of u agreed on the outcome. Nowadays, we do intrauterine fetal sampling to confirm fetus genotype before delivery. Most pregnant women in ur situation either abort the fetus in-utero or go ahead with the pregnancy. The only challenge is the cost of sampling the fetus wic is not cheap... It cost 250k

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Get Over My Ex Whom I Left Because We Are Both AS? by anonimi: 10:54am On Dec 17, 2019
frozen70:
Go to places like, the bridge hospital, Nordicar and the rest

No one will come out openly to tell you how he did it

Okay........................thanks for the update.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Over My Ex Whom I Left Because We Are Both AS? by Liposure: 10:58am On Dec 17, 2019
Fountainofyouth:

You want them to waste money on IVF knowing they could have prevented it by not being involved or getting married in the first place, do you think at all?
honey, your energy n vibrancy on dis forum is out of dis world. U are a true amazon.more grease 2 your elbow

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Over My Ex Whom I Left Because We Are Both AS? by DAVE5(m): 11:07am On Dec 17, 2019
Erastuslove:
Old firewood they say catch fire whenever they are ignited by chance..... you have to mature or visit any family that have suffered SS kids to help reset your brains...

As in ehn, the thing tire pesin

Why bring a child to the world to suffer, when you could simply find another woman or man to love

One of my boss (MAY HER SOUL REST IN PEACE) had same problem, she was SS, she battled for life day and night, today she’s sick, tomorrow she’s sick till she gave up the ghost about 2 months ago, she and her family has money which they spent overly to keep her alive till the her body gave in

I did something really stupid as well, me and wifey got married without finding out our blood groups, so we went last week to get it done since her hospital requested she brings my blood group report, turns out we both AA, anybody can yab me for that and I accept my guilt
Re: How Do I Get Over My Ex Whom I Left Because We Are Both AS? by CallMeDrino: 11:30am On Dec 17, 2019
frozen70:

You don't agree because you have never been privileged to get one

Lmao...

That's what you think
Re: How Do I Get Over My Ex Whom I Left Because We Are Both AS? by BridgeClinic: 11:30am On Dec 17, 2019
Freethought:

Thank you

Dear Freethought, we understand your dilemma and can feel your pain. We have encountered a number of clients at Bridge Clinic in Nigeria who has faced situations similar to yours. Many people here have recommended medical advice and procedures as a solution to your challenge and we are here to tell you that that is the best step to take next. PGT (Preimplantation Genetic Testing) formerly known as PGD or PGS can help to identify the genotype of embryos that are created during the process of IVF, before transferring them to the womb. This means that couples with the AS genotype in the male and female can have children without worrying about having Sickle Cell babies. This is highly recommended as it increases the chances of having a healthy baby. If you would like to know more about this procedure, you may click here https://www.thebridgeclinic.com/patient-care/services/preimplantation-genetic-testing-pgt . We wish you the very best and hope that you are able to find a solution that allays your fears really soon.
Re: How Do I Get Over My Ex Whom I Left Because We Are Both AS? by Nobody: 11:37am On Dec 17, 2019
ThothHermes:
Imagine oo.

The guy don give up based on say him no fit ever get money for the diagnosis for him life.

Never see this kind thing. The kind of stupid advice Nigerians were giving him on that thread.

Can you imagine an American couple refusing to marry for this flimsy reason.
Nigerians na wa.
Sickle Cell is predominantly among blacks. And yes, even among black Americans, some are irreedeemably foolish and go ahead to birth kids with Sickle Cell
Re: How Do I Get Over My Ex Whom I Left Because We Are Both AS? by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 17, 2019
BridgeClinic:

Dear Freethought, we understand your dilemma and can feel your pain. We have encountered a number of clients at Bridge Clinic in Nigeria who has faced situations similar to yours. Many people here have recommended medical advice and procedures as a solution to your challenge and we are here to tell you that that is the best step to take next. PGT (Preimplantation Genetic Testing) formerly known as PGD or PGS can help to identify the genotype of embryos that are created during the process of IVF, before transferring them to the womb. This means that couples with the AS genotype in the male and female can have children without worrying about having Sickle Cell babies. This is highly recommended as it increases the chances of having a healthy baby. If you would like to know more about this procedure, you may click here https://www.thebridgeclinic.com/patient-care/services/preimplantation-genetic-testing-pgt . We wish you the very best and hope that you are able to find a solution that allays your fears really soon.

And you think he can afford it? So what if he can? How about the hundreds of people in the same dilemma? The solution is simple and cheap. Let him find someone else.
Re: How Do I Get Over My Ex Whom I Left Because We Are Both AS? by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 17, 2019
Op, are you the same poster with the guy who got his gf pregnant. Cos you sound alike. Mtchew
Re: How Do I Get Over My Ex Whom I Left Because We Are Both AS? by kingxsamz(m): 11:40am On Dec 17, 2019
Fountainofyouth:
[i][/i]

Why am I seeing stupid comments this night, do you know if doing the medical procedure will work out the first time? What if they have to continue to terminate pregnancies for them to get the right combination of AS or AA, do you know how stressful it will be for the woman? You're busy comparing USA to naija, becos we are sound like them medical-wise abi? Why can't they do the safest thing by staying away from each other instead of wasting money on something they could have avoided from the onset....

That guy is not wise.
When the problem hits Op, he won't be there for them o.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Over My Ex Whom I Left Because We Are Both AS? by kingxsamz(m): 11:42am On Dec 17, 2019
ThothHermes:
What a ret.ard??

Not worth dignifying with a response.

Smh, so this is your response to an intelligent reply? undecided ...
Now who's the ret.ard? undecided
Re: How Do I Get Over My Ex Whom I Left Because We Are Both AS? by mechanics(m): 12:10pm On Dec 17, 2019
Once you starts having sex, it will be difficult to end the relationship, you shouldn't have gone that far knowing fully well both of you were AS.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Over My Ex Whom I Left Because We Are Both AS? by Kakamorufu(m): 1:01pm On Dec 17, 2019
raphroye:
Bro's I know it's hard to let go when it comes to love, but for the sake of your unborn children you have to let go once and for all. One of my street sister lost her son whom was an SS. The wahala and night driving I did alone when the boy was growing up no be small, but at the end of the day the boy died at the age of 20...Bros please you gotta let go so that you don't impregnate her
Now he has

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Over My Ex Whom I Left Because We Are Both AS? by life707: 1:45pm On Dec 17, 2019
Freethought:

Thank you

If you have the money for artificial insemination, selected sperm and ovum with the AA gene can be selected from both of you for the insemination.
It means you won't be allowed to conceive naturally thereby eliminating the risk

IUI-Intra Uterine Insemination should cost less than 200k.

But if u don't have money, your best bet is not to go ahead with all these sex thing and be a man that looks ahead and care about the future.

Las Las it's up to you
Re: How Do I Get Over My Ex Whom I Left Because We Are Both AS? by femo007(m): 1:59pm On Dec 17, 2019
am not telling you to go ahead with your marriage but this Is what happened to my brother, all of discouraged him, what he just tell us is that his God did not ask him to separate with the lady,both of them are leaving together with three children two are AA and only girl among the children is as
Re: How Do I Get Over My Ex Whom I Left Because We Are Both AS? by BecomeALandLord(m): 2:11pm On Dec 17, 2019
Boss, now that the deed is done and she's pregnant, what are your plans?
Re: How Do I Get Over My Ex Whom I Left Because We Are Both AS? by lokito: 2:40pm On Dec 17, 2019
frozen70:
I can see that the both of you are deeply in love

You can continue having sex with preventive measures till the relationship fezeel out

Stop telling her to stop calling you, both of you are feeling the the same problem and it can be very hurtful

Don't break her heart, allow her to pull out naturally

But if it gets to a stage that you guys are so glued, be prepared to adopt children if you must get married

Someone can carry your pregnancy and deliver the baby to both of you and you pay the person off

Love is a very magnetic thing and it's always difficult to say goodbye

Nice reply but please what's the meaning of fezeel? Or you meant fizzle? Please be guided!
Re: How Do I Get Over My Ex Whom I Left Because We Are Both AS? by urose93(f): 3:11pm On Dec 17, 2019
frozen70:
I can see that the both of you are deeply in love

You can continue having sex with preventive measures till the relationship fezeel out

Stop telling her to stop calling you, both of you are feeling the the same problem and it can be very hurtful

Don't break her heart, allow her to pull out naturally

But if it gets to a stage that you guys are so glued, be prepared to adopt children if you must get married

Someone can carry your pregnancy and deliver the baby to both of you and you pay the person off

Love is a very magnetic thing and it's always difficult to say goodbye

Clap hands for yourself.
You are advising unrepentant fornicators to continue having sex with a protection.
What kind of stupid love is that?
Seriously, this generation is doom
Re: How Do I Get Over My Ex Whom I Left Because We Are Both AS? by Rotji(m): 5:27pm On Dec 17, 2019
Biglittlelois:
This is why I always advice people to ask for genotype first before being involved deeply with anyone, I always ask first, though I'm AA but I still prefer to know incase he is SS, sorry Op, though it's not easy, but you'll let go with time.

Haba! If you are AA you have no excuse whatsoever not to marry SS, in fact it's the remedy for the problem. Except if you don't come across and fall in love with such, if you do fall in love with SS no body will advise you against it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? / The Woman I Took Advantage Of Blessed Me / Man Checks Out His Fiancée's Backside In Lovely Pre-Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.