Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,742 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Help! My Mother In Law Wants To Ruin My Marriage. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help! My Mother In Law Wants To Ruin My Marriage. (3637 Views)

Help My Ex Wants To Ruin My Marriage / Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back / I May Ruin My Girlfriend's Life, If I Make A Mistake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Mother In Law Wants To Ruin My Marriage. by stopthecycle: 5:02pm On Jul 14, 2019
Greetings nairalanders
A friend of mine has a problem that needs serious attention.
He got married two years ago to his crush in the University days. Recently the mother in law has come to live with them because the wife is an only child. Problem is, the mother in law is causing so many problems in the home

They haven't had a child yet and the tests showed that nothing is wrong with both of them yet the mother in law keeps blaming my friend, sometimes he hears her over saying that he is not a man and suspects he traded his children for money. in short the wife's attitude toward him has changed. She now shouts at him and talks to him rudely everytime. He wants to send the mother in law away but the wife is threatening to leave if he does.

please what can he do. advice please
Re: Help! My Mother In Law Wants To Ruin My Marriage. by Nwodosis(m): 5:02pm On Jul 14, 2019
Op, that your friend is you and that aside, for a childless woman to have the audacity and effontry to attack the husband in defense of her mother in her marital home, she is sure that the cause of her being childless is from her husband. The husband has been economical with the truth and what's playing out is expected in marriage not built on the truth.

10 Likes

Re: Help! My Mother In Law Wants To Ruin My Marriage. by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 14, 2019
Send that woman back to her house, if her daughter wants to go with her let her go.

Except for omugo abi wetin dem dey call am, no MIL suppose dey spend more than weekend for her pikin house.

11 Likes

Re: Help! My Mother In Law Wants To Ruin My Marriage. by stopthecycle: 5:03pm On Jul 14, 2019
Nwodosis:
grin
please it's a serious matter. solution needed
Re: Help! My Mother In Law Wants To Ruin My Marriage. by AntiWailer: 5:05pm On Jul 14, 2019
If the wife is threatening to leave , he should allow the two of them to go.

Except that one is helping him to keep a secret.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Mother In Law Wants To Ruin My Marriage. by Kurtis02(m): 5:07pm On Jul 14, 2019
Alright cheesy

1 Like

Re: Help! My Mother In Law Wants To Ruin My Marriage. by stopthecycle: 5:09pm On Jul 14, 2019
AntiWailer:
If the wife is threatening to leave , he should allow the two of them to go.

Except that one is helping him to keep a secret.
just like that?
Re: Help! My Mother In Law Wants To Ruin My Marriage. by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 14, 2019
nigerian marriages is just filled with troubles, from fry pan to fire, if it is not inlaws problems, it will be wife problems or husband problems, can parents just chill and allow couples be

12 Likes

Re: Help! My Mother In Law Wants To Ruin My Marriage. by philo04(m): 5:09pm On Jul 14, 2019
Sorry ur friend is the woman in this marriage
Re: Help! My Mother In Law Wants To Ruin My Marriage. by drmikeadams(m): 5:09pm On Jul 14, 2019
grin grin another good reason to not get married this year,post poning till atiku become president

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Mother In Law Wants To Ruin My Marriage. by Charleys: 5:10pm On Jul 14, 2019
Guy just leave the house for one week or two weeks sef.

Or file for divorce so that she'll find another man and take her mother there to live with.

6 Likes

Re: Help! My Mother In Law Wants To Ruin My Marriage. by delugajackson: 5:11pm On Jul 14, 2019
Your wife is supposed to be wise enough to atleast draw the line between her mother and issues concerning your family.

This is a disaster waiting to happen and if you don't act fast your mother-in-law will destroy the little hapiness in your home. Sound it very clear to her that you are not God that gives children and if she fails to understand this then show her the door. And if your wife threatens to leave with her then let her go. She will return when her senses finally return but make sure you avoid sex with her or you take her for a pregnancy test so you don't end up fathering someone's child.

5 Likes

Re: Help! My Mother In Law Wants To Ruin My Marriage. by stopthecycle: 5:12pm On Jul 14, 2019
philo04:
Sorry ur friend is the woman in this marriage
I tire for the matter my brother
Re: Help! My Mother In Law Wants To Ruin My Marriage. by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 14, 2019
Send that woman away, and if the daughter choices to leave, let her be.. With time and what she will see, she will return back.. Nah small pikin the worry am. That same mama, will be the one to insult her indirectly when she over stays her welcome in mama's house

4 Likes

Re: Help! My Mother In Law Wants To Ruin My Marriage. by stopthecycle: 5:30pm On Jul 14, 2019
Nwodosis:
Op, that your friend is you and that aside, for a childless woman to have the audacity and effontry to attack the husband in defense of her mother in her marital home, she is sure that the cause of her being childless is from her husband. The husband has been economical with the truth and what's playing out is expected in marriage not built on the truth.
I don't flow with your reasoning please. I'm not even married first of all. it's a friend's matter. secondly they had peace in Thier home before the mother in law came and scattered everything. the doctors say he is ok so how is this the man's fault?

1 Like

Re: Help! My Mother In Law Wants To Ruin My Marriage. by Nwodosis(m): 5:34pm On Jul 14, 2019
stopthecycle:

I don't flow with your reasoning please. I'm not even married first of all. it's a friend's matter. secondly they had peace in Thier home before the mother in law came and scattered everything. the doctors say he is ok so how is this the man's fault?
Let him be OK to the wife then and I advise you should stop peddling into people's marriage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Mother In Law Wants To Ruin My Marriage. by Dshocker(m): 5:38pm On Jul 14, 2019
stopthecycle:
Greetings nairalanders
He got married two years ago to his crush in the University days. Recently the mother in law has come to live with them because the wife is an only child. Problem is, the mother in law is causing so many problems in the home

They haven't had a child yet and the tests showed that nothing is wrong with both of them yet the mother in law keeps blaming my friend, sometimes he hears her over saying that he is not a man and suspects he traded his children for money. in short the wife's attitude toward him has changed. She now shouts at him and talks to him rudely everytime. He wants to send the mother in law away but the wife is threatening to leave if he does.

That your so called friend is not a man truly...Oga send the old woman away,without blinking an eye,if her daughter wants to follow suit,let her go and if she doesn't leave,push her out and get another wife

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Mother In Law Wants To Ruin My Marriage. by Wayne4uall(m): 5:45pm On Jul 14, 2019
File for a divorce...
Re: Help! My Mother In Law Wants To Ruin My Marriage. by TheFacelessMan: 5:53pm On Jul 14, 2019
A man needs a name. angry

Vallar Morghulis

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Mother In Law Wants To Ruin My Marriage. by stopthecycle: 6:01pm On Jul 14, 2019
delugajackson:
Your wife is supposed to be wise enough to atleast draw the line between her mother and issues concerning your family.

This is a disaster waiting to happen and if you don't act fast your mother-in-law will destroy the little hapiness in your home. Sound it very clear to her that you are not God that gives children and if she fails to understand this then show her the door. And if your wife threatens to leave with her then let her go. She will return when her senses finally return but make sure you avoid sex with her or you take her for a pregnancy test so you don't end up fathering someone's child.
thank you for this advice
Re: Help! My Mother In Law Wants To Ruin My Marriage. by stopthecycle: 6:02pm On Jul 14, 2019
grin
TheFacelessMan:
A man needs a name. angry
Vallar Morghulis
A man has no name
Re: Help! My Mother In Law Wants To Ruin My Marriage. by stopthecycle: 6:04pm On Jul 14, 2019
Nwodosis:

Let him be OK to the wife then and I advise you should stop peddling into people's marriage.
yes sir. thank you sir
Re: Help! My Mother In Law Wants To Ruin My Marriage. by emkz: 6:10pm On Jul 14, 2019
Guy, make una no dey use this line of "my friend has a problem". It sucks.

If you want peace in your house, find a sensible way to ease your mother in-law out. As for your wife, she is not ready for marriage. Because the unwritten law in marriage is "spouse first".
Re: Help! My Mother In Law Wants To Ruin My Marriage. by nicepoker101(m): 6:26pm On Jul 14, 2019
Op send that YOUR mother in law on exile.
Re: Help! My Mother In Law Wants To Ruin My Marriage. by femi4: 6:48pm On Jul 14, 2019
Nwodosis:
You are not Fertile according to your Mother inlaw, prove them wrong by getting a side chic pregnant

1 Like

Re: Help! My Mother In Law Wants To Ruin My Marriage. by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 14, 2019
stopthecycle:
Greetings nairalanders

HE SHOULD SEND BOTH OF THEM AWAY.
Give both of them RED CARD.
Don't bring VAR into the matter.
MEN should start taking these WOMEN by the horns....
Re: Help! My Mother In Law Wants To Ruin My Marriage. by Emioga: 7:36pm On Jul 14, 2019
Wonders shall never end. So because na the wife mama now story don change if it where to be hubby's mother you would have called the wife different names. I'm not saying what is happening is right but we shouldn't be biased in our opinions. OP pray you find a solution to your marital problems
Re: Help! My Mother In Law Wants To Ruin My Marriage. by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 14, 2019
Is this so call mother inlaw not suppose to be in her own husband house? I tire for some old woman who cannot leave their daughter to marry in peace.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Mother In Law Wants To Ruin My Marriage. by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 14, 2019
Emioga:
Wonders shall never end. So because na the wife mama now story don change if it where to be hubby's mother you would have called the wife different names. I'm not saying what is happening is right but we shouldn't be biased in our opinions. OP pray you find a solution to your marital problems

Unless the husband is not man enough, or a stupid one. As a guy wey i be my mama know her boundaries when it comes to my wife matter. Everybody deserve dia own respect.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Mother In Law Wants To Ruin My Marriage. by tchidi066(f): 11:28pm On Jul 14, 2019
Number one rule in marriage, don't let third party come in between you both... Mothers-in-law should learn to give their married kids space...wat am i saying... Am not even married but my parents marital life has taught me a whole lot

1 Like

Re: Help! My Mother In Law Wants To Ruin My Marriage. by Emioga: 10:39am On Jul 15, 2019
fuckerstard:

Unless the husband is not man enough, or a stupid one. As a guy wey i be my mama know her boundaries when it comes to my wife matter. Everybody deserve dia own respect.
please like I said what she is doing is wrong but we both know how women are bashed here if they don't want their mother in-law with them. Like you said everyone should be respected.
Re: Help! My Mother In Law Wants To Ruin My Marriage. by Skmoda360(m): 10:46am On Jul 15, 2019
No advice for you simple...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Could This Be HIV Symptoms? / The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? / She Was Disvirgin At 14yrs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.