Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,507 members, 7,830,520 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Inter-tribal Relationship, Now I Have A Different View - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Inter-tribal Relationship, Now I Have A Different View (1021 Views)

The 6 Biggest Myths About S*x And Side-chicks: A Different View / Childhood Habits That Affect Your Relationship Now / Love From A Different View (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inter-tribal Relationship, Now I Have A Different View by afrobaby(f): 3:03pm On Oct 12, 2010
I am a typical yoruba lady to the core, one that appreciates her culture and traditions and always tell people that I can never marry someone from another tribe, but now I have a different view. I remember vividly when my brother introduced his fiancee(now they are married) to my family, lo and behold, she is from rivers state, my mum was like, what, what happens to all the beautiful yoruba babes in ur medical college, ur nysc location , ur work place, blah blah blah, I only told her to let them be cos what matters is the happiness they will both have in the marriage but deep down in me, I would have prefered him marrying a yoruba lady

But alas, I have a very different view now, am in love with a man from Edo state, say it in a more precise way, am engaged to him, we are already making plans for the formal introduction, now I understand what it means to be in LOVE. I have forgotten all my bragging and sweet mouths that I can never date someone from another tribe, now I see that LOVE has nothing to do with tribe, it has everything to do with the personality. Ones' tribe happens to be one of those things we can't choose, and so it has nothing to do with our personality.

I am just writing this to encourage as many people that has that archaic mentality of NO INTERTRIBAL RELATIONSHIP that it is because you are not in Love yet, when you find love, u forget every other trivial issues.
LOVE CONQUERS ALL THINGS!!!!!!!! KEEP LOVING , AND GET LOVE, LOL
Re: Inter-tribal Relationship, Now I Have A Different View by InkedNerd(f): 3:05pm On Oct 12, 2010
I hear ya girl wink
Re: Inter-tribal Relationship, Now I Have A Different View by Omolola1(f): 3:07pm On Oct 12, 2010
Love is all that matters! Tribe has nothing to do wiv it! Congrats~
Re: Inter-tribal Relationship, Now I Have A Different View by Ikedonn(m): 3:40pm On Oct 12, 2010
Good advice and encouragement.Good luck.
Re: Inter-tribal Relationship, Now I Have A Different View by MsPotato(f): 4:01pm On Oct 12, 2010
afrobaby:

I am a typical yoruba lady to the core, one that appreciates her culture and traditions and always tell people that I can never marry someone from another tribe, but now I have a different view. I remember vividly when my brother introduced his fiancee(now they are married) to my family, lo and behold, she is from rivers state, my mum was like, what, what happens to all the beautiful yoruba babes in your medical college, your nysc location , your work place, blah blah blah, I only told her to let them be cos what matters is the happiness they will both have in the marriage but deep down in me, I would have prefered him marrying a yoruba lady

But alas, I have a very different view now, am in love with a man from Edo state, say it in a more precise way, am engaged to him, we are already making plans for the formal introduction, now I understand what it means to be in LOVE. I have forgotten all my bragging and sweet mouths that I can never date someone from another tribe, now I see that LOVE has nothing to do with tribe, it has everything to do with the personality. Ones' tribe happens to be one of those things we can't choose, and so it has nothing to do with our personality.

I am just writing this to encourage as many people that has that archaic mentality of NO INTERTRIBAL RELATIONSHIP that it is because you are not in Love yet, when you find love, u forget every other trivial issues.

Awwww. . . This is lovely my dear. But thank God its just the tribe. Some people gained alot of wahala from their own family and friends just by falling in love with a complete different race, colour and culture.

Stay bless wink
Re: Inter-tribal Relationship, Now I Have A Different View by queeneve: 4:07pm On Oct 12, 2010
Yes, Ms Potato!

My husband family ACCEPTED me regardless of my culture and my family accepted my husband regardless of his culture,

It was SURREAL because other family members caught hell when they married outside the race. My uncle got him a white girl and THE FAMILY gave her a hard time and my cousin got him an asian girl and they STILL TO THIS DAY won't welcome her.

I guess I am blessed! I didn't get one HELL from neither side of the family, some say it too good to be true, but I do believe in match made in heaven theory,

Love is universal and LOVE IS THE WAY, (until I finish spaying and neutering FUrry azz, I WILL BE singing the Love chant grin)
Re: Inter-tribal Relationship, Now I Have A Different View by sexy74(m): 4:13pm On Oct 12, 2010
[color=#006600][/color]love conqureth all.

tribe, religion like politics brings dis-unity when ever used to make decisions.

girl go ahead and be blessed in your endeavours.[b][/b]
Re: Inter-tribal Relationship, Now I Have A Different View by MsPotato(f): 4:21pm On Oct 12, 2010
queeneve:

Yes, Ms Potato!

My husband family ACCEPTED me regardless of my culture and my family accepted my husband regardless of his culture,

It was SURREAL because other family members caught hell when they married outside the race. My uncle got him a white girl and THE FAMILY gave her a hard time and my cousin got him an asian girl and they STILL TO THIS DAY won't welcome her.

I guess I am blessed! I didn't get one HELL from neither side of the family, some say it too good to be true, but I do believe in match made in heaven theory,

Love is universal and LOVE IS THE WAY, (until I finish spaying and neutering FUrry azz, I WILL BE singing the Love chant grin)

Lol! Dearie. U never fail to make me laugh nor you never fail to amaze me.

God loves you and have bestowed his blessings upon you my dear kiss

As for me, Im only worried for my bf cause my family dont really seems to welcome him cause they are still in shock that Im dating an African Man but his family welcomed me with open arms.
Re: Inter-tribal Relationship, Now I Have A Different View by queeneve: 5:18pm On Oct 12, 2010
What are your nationality, Ms Potato?
Re: Inter-tribal Relationship, Now I Have A Different View by Omolola1(f): 5:26pm On Oct 12, 2010
Haba! queen why are you asking?
Re: Inter-tribal Relationship, Now I Have A Different View by abinton: 5:31pm On Oct 12, 2010
Inter-tribal Relationship seems to be the best option especially in Nigeria where is so much segregation
This point is with the exception of some tribes though
Re: Inter-tribal Relationship, Now I Have A Different View by InkedNerd(f): 5:44pm On Oct 12, 2010
abinton:

Inter-tribal Relationship seems to be the best option especially in Nigeria where is so much segregation
This point is with the exception of some tribes though

Like?
Re: Inter-tribal Relationship, Now I Have A Different View by Rocktation(f): 6:08pm On Oct 12, 2010
@OP- Congrats dear. Sometimes i wonder whether God does some things just to spite us. Like making us do some things, we swear never to. Once dated a muslim and until now, i still can't explain how i let my guard down. Me of all people. Not that i despised them but. . . you know how it goes na.
Re: Inter-tribal Relationship, Now I Have A Different View by jaygetta(m): 6:36pm On Oct 12, 2010
I don't think a person's race/tribe should be a barrier to a happy relationship. Of course u want to be with someone that will be comfortable around ur family (and vice versa)but, in the end, its the happiness of ur spouse that matters!
Re: Inter-tribal Relationship, Now I Have A Different View by queeneve: 11:15pm On Oct 12, 2010
Because she said that her boyfriend's family didn't accept her and I was being nosy@Omoloa
Re: Inter-tribal Relationship, Now I Have A Different View by queeneve: 11:17pm On Oct 12, 2010
Also the reason I asked Omoloa is that maybe his family have some reservation about her culture and her nationality,

I am sure she a nice person so her nationality may be the reason why they TART with her, so once again just being nosy,
Re: Inter-tribal Relationship, Now I Have A Different View by MsPotato(f): 12:14am On Oct 13, 2010
Im from Malaysia
Re: Inter-tribal Relationship, Now I Have A Different View by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:24am On Oct 13, 2010
afrobaby:

I am a typical yoruba lady to the core, one that appreciates her culture and traditions and always tell people that I can never marry someone from another tribe, but now I have a different view. I remember vividly when my brother introduced his fiancee(now they are married) to my family, lo and behold, she is from rivers state, my mum was like, what, what happens to all the beautiful yoruba babes in your medical college, your nysc location , your work place, blah blah blah, I only told her to let them be cos what matters is the happiness they will both have in the marriage but deep down in me, I would have prefered him marrying a yoruba lady

LOVE CONQUERS ALL THINGS!!!!!!!! KEEP LOVING , AND GET LOVE, LO L

i am a zimbabwean i came here to learn abit about nigerians culture and traditions etc
am confused when you say you are engaged but you went on to say " we are already making plans for the formal introduction"

is that formal introductions are done before the engagement, on the engagement day the very emmidate family from both sides are already familiar with with the two of you
Re: Inter-tribal Relationship, Now I Have A Different View by Nobody: 1:29am On Oct 13, 2010
^^^ I guess what she meant was that he man has proposed (probably with a ring) and she has accepted. The introduction just makes it formal!
Re: Inter-tribal Relationship, Now I Have A Different View by queeneve: 1:34am On Oct 13, 2010
Not everybody introduce before proposal,

I was proposed before the introduction,

This is the NEW AGE, catch up with times PEOPLE!
Re: Inter-tribal Relationship, Now I Have A Different View by MrCork21: 1:34am On Oct 13, 2010
I love IBO womens but they usualy have rectangular muscular faces with beards and Mustache.

But why do IBO womens usualy have beard and Mustache??   is  it a kinda on IBO fashion of IBO statement?

, look and UjuJuan for example (no oofense)
Re: Inter-tribal Relationship, Now I Have A Different View by gozzilla(m): 1:43am On Oct 13, 2010
afrobaby:

Am encouraged. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

The True Meaning Of Love And Being In Love. / I Am Above 21 And Not Yet 24 And All I Think About Is Marriage / Romance Section Why Us?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.