Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,932 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King - Celebrities (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King (46253 Views)

Victoria Kimani Steps Out In Sexy Transparent Outfit (Photos) / Victoria Kimani Slays In Denim Undies And Boots [PICS] / Man Slapped For Grabbing Victoria Kimani’s Ass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by Nobody: 7:39am On Aug 17, 2019
IronGalaxy:
I'm quite comfortable here there's no reason to go to that cave. For what? Don't wanna be killed for my organs

If you can survive in your townships without being stabbed or necklaced (good riddance to you though if it happens) I'm sure your organs will be fine when you finally save up to afford a trip outside by 2027
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 17, 2019
IronGalaxy:
ha ha ha. The envy is real. Then why is Soweto such a tourist attraction? Why do these people go to wandi's place or Ka Mzoli?
Don't these people have zoos? So when they go to Australia they go for the Kangaroos? angry grin cheesy try to mask your envy a little

Because you guys are desperate enough to invite white people to walk all over your schools and homes on their whims. How pathetic you are that you're just letting white strangers touch your children any how with no regulation whatsoever.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vice.com/amp/en_us/article/8xzeda/why-white-european-tourists-are-visiting-south-african-slums

Mzu Lembeni runs one of the many tour companies that takes tourists into Cape Town’s townships, impoverished areas that were first created when the Apartheid government forced nonwhites to live in segregated areas.

On his tour, tourists can walk right into people’s homes, drink homemade liquor, play with children at a local school, and take as many pictures as they like.

For some people, this sounds like exploitation. But Lembeni, who grew up in a township himself, disagrees.
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by Nobody: 7:45am On Aug 17, 2019
IronGalaxy:
whatever happens in Nigeria? Absolutely nothing. You don't even have a tourism sector to speak because nobody wants to go there. Yes, South Africa is the gateway to all of Africa, I know it's a bitter pill to swallow since 'y'all think you're the best thing since sliced bread.

The month alone Toni Braxton is in your country well probably have 50 more of this people visiting. We are the chosen country for these people it's a fact don't dispute. You are unlikely to see a Beyonce in this lifetime. That's why we are special

Beyonce has been to Nigeria several times to chill, work with producers here, take cultural inspiration and no one cared. Are you not dizzy from sucking the breasts of both Europeans and Americans with such fervor that you're bragging about seeing Beyonce in your lifetime? Do you not have any dignity?
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by Nobody: 7:47am On Aug 17, 2019
IronGalaxy:
btw you educate when you have something to educate

That's why you and your Bantu education should've stopped while you were ahead. You don't have the range for this discussion
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by Nobody: 7:48am On Aug 17, 2019
IronGalaxy:
they forget that South Africa is the gateway to all of Africa. When these US celebs say they want to go to Africa where do they go? Lol

Cape Town, the city where your white people called you refugees in it, is the gateway to Africa for international tourists. Not for much longer as your violent tendencies have secured your spot as most dangerous city in Africa
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 17, 2019
IronGalaxy:
there is a huge Nigerian diaspora in the UK, they are basically performing for their own

As things stand both WizKid and Davdo are trash

South African house music is also bif in the UK so...

Wizkid and Davido's following in Latin America and Asia alone outnumber most of your faves best selling numbers. I can understand however, I'd hate to be so inferior and not even be able to attract my own people to support my work
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by Nobody: 7:52am On Aug 17, 2019
IronGalaxy:
you mean your actors who alsways scream in your so-called called movies filmed with a cam-coder? Come on now. Your actors only know two storylines, witchcraft and marriage hunting. Your actors can't even do a proper kissing scene gerraout of here.lol

Unless you are still living in the Kanu era, your footballers aren't the best anymore

Music, come on. It's either Afro- pop or nothing

Writers come on, Africa as a whole has very good writers

Africa as a whole excluding South Africa. Zimbabwe, Kenya, Ghana and of course Nigeria have left our literary marks in the literature world to much acclaim. South Africa is still hanging by the fingernails of Coetzee, Naidoo and Mandela grin grin grin
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 17, 2019
IronGalaxy:
ah the usual delusions. Remove Nigeria DStv still has the whole of Africa. MTN makes a lot of money in Nigeria it doesn't depend on Nigeria for survival. Two different things.

Be greatful you are exposed to quality

DSTV and MTN are not black South African owned you fool grin grin grin Those companies are still white owned and that's still money circulating around white people's pockets. We can discuss this again when your businesses go beyond Lesotho at best
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by Nobody: 7:56am On Aug 17, 2019
IronGalaxy:
lemme guess you gonna mention Seal as well. We are talking about South Africans from South Africa, from South African conditions, schooling, school of thought, quality of things etc which shows we have quality right here at home. Which Nigerian goes from a Nigerian sitcom to featuring on a US Movie? We aren't talking about people who call themselves British here. Your entertainment industry is still behind in truth.

A full Nigerian produced film was the first African movie to be acquired by Netflix. The first African actor in Hollywood was Nigerian but I understand why you wouldn't know that as a result of your Bantu education
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by Nobody: 8:01am On Aug 17, 2019
IronGalaxy:
That's why keep saying you Nigerians are arrogant and your arrogance is without basis. Take your so-called " movies" for example, they are what they are because of South Africans. Would someone from Zambia know about your movies if it wasn't for DStv"s Afromagic? Now if we were envious of you then how on earth would we distribute your content across the continent? You have us to thank instead of chest beating over nothing. The people who have a complex it's you, you think you're better than anyone, take for example the Kenya v Nigeria thread, we all know Kenya is a better country than Nigeria but they thread is still running because of the refusal of Nigerians of really obvious facts

By an large South Africans listen to South African music. We have the best DJ's , rappers, vocalist and so forth, we don't go to clubs to dance to WizKid when we have Black Coffee. The comments you see on YouTube are just a tiny faction of South Africans. I also see Nigerian comments on Nasty C, Cassper Nyovest etc videos as well

At least you admitted that the only people who care about your township productions are you. That's the spirit. If you keep forcing that ear cancer on yourself, maybe you can convince Zimbabweans to take a listen occasionally grin grin With no effort, even Nigerian newbies like Rema easily get international praise and following including from South Africans. Sweetie even you can't resist the Nigerian temptation as evidenced by your daily rantings about us here grin grin grin
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by Nobody: 8:04am On Aug 17, 2019
IronGalaxy:
you are now shifting the goalposts. I'm not initiating anything , we have since established that you guys are the " Giants" the big brothers" and other countries are " common Ghana" etc .

AKA is known in Nigeria dispute it all you want. He's also entitled to his opinions, I'm not related or his friend so it's better you ask him. As for what he said, that's highly laughable

I

Undeniably. He has a great comedy career in Nigeria just by existing lol
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by Nobody: 8:05am On Aug 17, 2019
IronGalaxy:
yes you didn't . What did you that the Tanzanians , Zambians etc didn't do? You always want to stand out and be special so as to feed your " big brother" " Giant" mantra. I repeat South Africans are the ones who died and fought for their freedom. Donatinf sandals simply doesn't cut it

Donating billions. The most frivolous waste of money Nigeria has ever spent.
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 17, 2019
IronGalaxy:
like I said, I don't give a rat's asss whether you come to SA or not. wetin concern me honestly?

Wetin concern you with our slang you obsessed skunk? Really now grin grin grin God forbid you come to Nigeria with your ear bleeding inducing wails
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by Nobody: 8:08am On Aug 17, 2019
IronGalaxy:
oh here we go, I have a different opinion then I'm hateful? You guys forever want your fragile egos stroked hey" Giant of this" * big brother of that" etc .I'm simply just pointing out facts.

Who cares whether you come to SA or not? Definitely doesn't change the price of bread. Stay there, there are many of you as it is.

Your mishandling of the economy is changing the price of bread down South dear. You are the epitome of hate but not even the kind that should be taken seriously, just the most pitiful and weak version.
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 17, 2019
IronGalaxy:
wrong. How is a country with one style of music better than South Africa? There is a reason we have the most Grammy awards in Africa

Peak South African arrogance at display. So just because you only know one Congolese genre, now you're denying their other musical talents? Nice to know your deep rooted bitterness isn't limited towards Nigerians. Also if you don't shut up about the Grammys you beg grin grin grin grin South Africa has never been nominated talk less of won an award based on the strength of indigenous music like kwaito or gqom. Why won't the Americans toss you pity awards when you went to the trouble of aping their house music, jazz, gospel styles instead of developing your own sound that can achieve international acclaim without having to copy anyone's style?
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 17, 2019
IronGalaxy:
in the midst of all these problems we are still a far far better country to live than the Nigeria you think we are envious of.

You're definitely far far better at winning most dangerous cities and murder and rape capitals than Nigeria. Cape Town no carry last this year cool cool cool I wonder how messed up your cities have to be to beat a country with marauding herdsmen though
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 17, 2019
IronGalaxy:
plenty. South Africa Has the best music is n Africa

For the deaf, absolutely.
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 17, 2019
IronGalaxy:
there are South African artists in this project. Check you facts. Busiswa. Moonchild Sanelly

Featured on one song. Burna Boy got a whole song to himself on that album of your Goddess while your singers were crammed into one song they shared with Americans.
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 17, 2019
IronGalaxy:
forget it. We are South Africans always feel lucky to be South Africans. We look at Nigeria and we feel no envy at all, on the contrary we are lucky not to experience your conditions. Why do you always think people are envious of you? Why do you think you're so special?

Keep repeating that before you sleep at night sweetheart, after a long day of chasing Nigerians. I pray one day you'll be able to convince yourself of that since your own actions prove its the direct opposite.
Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by IronGalaxy: 10:17am On Aug 17, 2019

Keep repeating that before you sleep at night sweetheart, after a long day of chasing Nigerians. I pray one day you'll be able to convince yourself of that since your own actions prove its the direct opposite.

it's the truth. Lol. Sorry if it's unpalatable.

3 Likes

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by IronGalaxy: 10:19am On Aug 17, 2019

Featured on one song. Burna Boy got a whole song to himself on that album of your Goddess while your singers were crammed into one song they shared with Americans.
where were Nigerians in the whole Black Panther soundtrack? Zilch. South Africans. Five. What about South African actors in the same movie? Something small happens to Nigerians and you become over excited and start throwing shade at everyone , you're like little children imo. stop always comparing yourselves to us

3 Likes

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by IronGalaxy: 10:20am On Aug 17, 2019

For the deaf, absolutely.
it's your music that's deafning since you make so much noise

1 Like

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by IronGalaxy: 10:21am On Aug 17, 2019

You're definitely far far better at winning most dangerous cities and murder and rape capitals than Nigeria. Cape Town no carry last this year cool cool cool I wonder how messed up your cities have to be to beat a country with marauding herdsmen though
still South Africa is better country by far. You still haven't debunked my stance by pointing out our few social ills

1 Like

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by 14(m): 10:32am On Aug 17, 2019

A full Nigerian produced film was the first African movie to be acquired by Netflix. The first African actor in Hollywood was Nigerian but I understand why you wouldn't know that as a result of your Bantu education

https://techcentral.co.za/pic-raises-its-stake-in-mtn-to-26/85569/

https://mybroadband.co.za/news/business/310439-pic-encourages-state-pension-fund-to-sell-naspers-shares.html

PIC owns majority shares in both companies. Do yourself a favour and check who owns PIC, then you will realise you are totally wrong. 98% of government workers are blacks, their pension money has majority shares in both mtn and naspers which owns DStv. SA economy is not controlled by one individual, hence you will never find a Dangote in SA.

1 Like

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by 14(m): 10:37am On Aug 17, 2019

DSTV and MTN are not black South African owned you fool grin grin grin Those companies are still white owned and that's still money circulating around white people's pockets. We can discuss this again when your businesses go beyond Lesotho at best

https://techcentral.co.za/pic-raises-its-stake-in-mtn-to-26/85569/

https://mybroadband.co.za/news/business/310439-pic-encourages-state-pension-fund-to-sell-naspers-shares.html

PIC owns majority shares in both companies. Do yourself a favour and check who owns PIC, then you will realise you are totally wrong. 98% of government workers are blacks, their pension money has majority shares in both mtn and naspers which owns DStv. SA economy is not controlled by one individual, hence you will never find a Dangote in SA

2 Likes

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by IronGalaxy: 10:40am On Aug 17, 2019

Peak South African arrogance at display. So just because you only know one Congolese genre, now you're denying their other musical talents? Nice to know your deep rooted bitterness isn't limited towards Nigerians. Also if you don't shut up about the Grammys you beg grin grin grin grin South Africa has never been nominated talk less of won an award based on the strength of indigenous music like kwaito or gqom. Why won't the Americans toss you pity awards when you went to the trouble of aping their house music, jazz, gospel styles instead of developing your own sound that can achieve international acclaim without having to copy anyone's style?
A Nigerians is the last person to tell me about arrogance when you guys have made it an artform. You know if you don't know zilch you dbetter shutup. Ladysmith won the Grammy's doing "iscathamiya" traditional Zulu music, same with Julohnny Clegg and the savuka band, same with the soweto gospel choir, same with Miriam Makeba. Hugh Masekela is a world jazz icon doing an American originated artform , so your assertions that by doing a genre originating somewhere you don't get noticed doesn't hold much water, funny your so-called " Afrobeat" has many Carribbean influences.

2 Likes

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by IronGalaxy: 10:44am On Aug 17, 2019

Your mishandling of the economy is changing the price of bread down South dear. You are the epitome of hate but not even the kind that should be taken seriously, just the most pitiful and weak version.
the epitome of hate? Is it? Your don't even like each other tribally and yet you're here preaching about " hate". Nigerians don't even like when other countries do better that them and you are the only people I know who diss other Africans for beinf darker when you're also dark, if not darker

3 Likes

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by IronGalaxy: 10:45am On Aug 17, 2019

Wetin concern you with our slang you obsessed skunk? Really now grin grin grin God forbid you come to Nigeria with your ear bleeding inducing wails
Lame

2 Likes

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by IronGalaxy: 10:46am On Aug 17, 2019

Donating billions. The most frivolous waste of money Nigeria has ever spent.
you know, the way you're quoting me shows how butthurt you actually are.lol

3 Likes

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by IronGalaxy: 10:48am On Aug 17, 2019

Undeniably. He has a great comedy career in Nigeria just by existing lol
Nothing's funnier seeing your overated WizKid paying all these US musicians for collaborations and yet don't even bother showing for videos

3 Likes

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by IronGalaxy: 10:51am On Aug 17, 2019

At least you admitted that the only people who care about your township productions are you. That's the spirit. If you keep forcing that ear cancer on yourself, maybe you can convince Zimbabweans to take a listen occasionally grin grin With no effort, even Nigerian newbies like Rema easily get international praise and following including from South Africans. Sweetie even you can't resist the Nigerian temptation as evidenced by your daily rantings about us here grin grin grin
Ape ,we've been getting international praise way before you started wearing diapers, Lucky Dube, Makeba, Brenda Fassie etc.come on! I understand it's still a novelty to you 5th world simpletons though grin

3 Likes

Re: Victoria Kimani Reacts To Exclusion Of Kenyans Artists From Lion King by IronGalaxy: 10:52am On Aug 17, 2019

is that supposed to be an achievement? Trust me, you don't wanna go head to head with a South African when it comes to " firsts". We are basically a country of " firsts"

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Waje Celebrates Her Daughter, Emerald's 22nd Birthday (Photos, Video) / Tonto Dikeh Acquires New Bentley / ”you Only Beg Girls For Money,i Will Finish Your Dead Career- Wizkid Tell Skales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.