Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,530 members, 7,770,375 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:01 AM

A Girlfriend - Compulsory Angel Or Necessary Evil? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Girlfriend - Compulsory Angel Or Necessary Evil? (1950 Views)

The Use of Flattery as a Compliment in a Relationship: healthy,bad or necessary? / See A Secret Cake A Girlfriend Sent To Married Lover To Wreck His Marriage / Emotional Blackmail In Relationships: A Necessary Evil? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Girlfriend - Compulsory Angel Or Necessary Evil? by ife01(m): 6:20pm On May 11, 2007
a
Re: A Girlfriend - Compulsory Angel Or Necessary Evil? by Seun(m): 6:24pm On May 11, 2007
Forget about getting a girlfriend until you leave that your father's house. You can't have a healthy relationship under those conditions. You're not missing much, anyway. A relationship will only weigh you down for now.

1 Like

Re: A Girlfriend - Compulsory Angel Or Necessary Evil? by cuteass1(f): 8:22pm On May 11, 2007
ife01:

My question is do I really need a girlfriend?

Nope honey, you don't wink

ife01:

I can't just answer because I can't find reasons having a girlfriend.

Then you're covered, some have their various reasons of needing one, you have no reason to have one nor do you have the urge to have one, so don't even bother yourself!!!

ife01:

Here is my Story:
Am a 20yr old guy, graduated with a HND last year and almost completing my PGD programme.

I live in a house where my Dad dictates my movement - no freedom, unless am running his errands and I can't even imagine a girl visiting me at home.

shocked There's nothing wrong in living with your dad, or being an obedient and respectful son (thats lovely, keep it up) But dearie you have to start acquiring some independence, or else when you finally are alone, it might be difficult for you to cope with life and meet challenges.
He should allow you some freedom, you need to start taking some decisions over your own life, and before you're man enough please don't take in a girl, both of you will be miserable sad

ife01:

Won't she make demands/

The issue here isn't her demands but the fact that you more or less lack a right to adult life,and you just aren't cut out for a relationship just yet!!

ife01:

I don't even know where to take her/

You see, it isn't your time yet,wait till you're struck with the power of "love and feelings",and you'll be singing a different song. Nobody will tell you what to do, when to do it or where to do it. It just comes with its flow,and you?? my dear will be going with the flow wink

ife01:

So are they compulsory or just necessary or am I just being a kid?

*clears throat*

I'll go for the third option, in the sense that your question is a Lil bit childish?? wink And at the age of 20 you should know better, but i don't blame you at all, guess its the way you were taught!!!

Now you don't have a girlfriend because every body in the neighbourhood has one, or because people are teasing you for not having one, or beacuse of some group pressure

You have a girlfriend becasue she is someone you want to be with (not necessarily for the rest of your life), you felt the genuine urge of getting to know her and spending time with her, because it comes from deep down inside (your heart), because she tickles your fancy, because in your eyes, compared to others you've met she holds a brighter candle, because . .

Any girl that subjects herself into a relationhip with you now, and with the way you feel towards relationships, will be having a triple heart-ache every day Cos the right feelings aren't there from you, not yet at least. So dear don't put her in that seat sad

When its your time, like i said earlier, your heart will be doing the talking cheesy cheesy

SO NO, IT IS NEITHER NECESSARY NOR COMPULSORY!!!!!!
Re: A Girlfriend - Compulsory Angel Or Necessary Evil? by chiogo(f): 8:39pm On May 11, 2007
awwwwwwwwwwwww, I really don't think they are necessary. It all depends on u. I think u're grown to make that decision.  You don't need to have one if u're not ready or don't want one. Yeah, some people might say it's a shame but it's not. It's something to be proud of because not many people can stay that long without havin' a significant other in their lives. Even 5-years olds are havin' boy/girl friends. But am really proud of u to have stuck up to yourself for so long. I can't even do that,lol.U can have one whenever u please, it's just peer pressure and media that make us think we really need to do such stuffs. The question is if u've ever been attracted to anyone at all? If so, no problem then even if u didn't ask her out. that shows u have feelings for the opposite sex which is cool.

hey, cute-ass. did u check your mail yet?
Re: A Girlfriend - Compulsory Angel Or Necessary Evil? by Adetife: 8:46pm On May 11, 2007
I'll say that for u o nah necessary evil grin - Nah but since u're bringing up this topic, u're all ready thinking about it, go ahead and start grooming yoslf into that near perfect husband material wink - U learn from doing!
Re: A Girlfriend - Compulsory Angel Or Necessary Evil? by iice(f): 6:20pm On May 12, 2007
ife01:

There you go. Can't always do what people tell/want you to do. Have to find it within you to do what you want in most cases along side the wishes of those who matter to you or in rare case just for yourself.
Re: A Girlfriend - Compulsory Angel Or Necessary Evil? by kike001(f): 2:34pm On May 14, 2007
both i guess its sumthin u cant do without
Re: A Girlfriend - Compulsory Angel Or Necessary Evil? by mctowel01: 10:32am On Dec 02, 2017
ife01:

Here is my Story:
Am a 20yr old guy, graduated with a HND last year and almost completing my PGD programme.

I live in a house where my Dad dictates my movement - no freedom, unless am running his errands and I can't even imagine a girl visiting me at home.

Lets say I have one now, We talked the first day, second day and so on, what do we continue to say?

Won't she make demands/

I dont even know where to take her/

So are they compulsory or just necessary or am I just being a kid?

10years don waka... lol... trust you ve left already
Re: A Girlfriend - Compulsory Angel Or Necessary Evil? by ubunja(m): 11:15am On Dec 02, 2017
only have a GF if u cant live without sex.any other thing you can get from your homies. except sex.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Sexy Bad Boys And Friendly Good Boys, Why Women Prefer Bad Boys. / Nigerians Girls Cannot Be Bad If The Nigerian Guys Did Not Make Them So / One Thing I Hate About Nigerian Girls:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.