Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,385 members, 7,829,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage (39001 Views)

Doctor Divorces His Beauty Queen Wife After Discovering She's A Secret Call Girl / Uncle Set To Divorce Wife After Plumber Removed 23 Condoms Blocking Our Toilet.. / 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by franchasng: 9:59am On Jul 23, 2019
chiommy123:
True. I see white wedding as celebration of marriage so if you still have money after the traditional marriage you can still call family and friends to rejoice with you
Too much sense will not kill you grin

1 Like

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by simple250: 9:59am On Jul 23, 2019
hahn:
Team #tastebeforemarriage gather here

Before you buy second hand product grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by lexy2014: 10:02am On Jul 23, 2019
Graduateacher:
Any law that doesn't conform to the desires of a black man's joy stick is discarded. Even the law of the God they worship is thrown out in obedience to their erection, enjoy.

So what is d law of God concerning d subject matter?

1 Like

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by Zillezaz: 10:02am On Jul 23, 2019
J
Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by SIRTee15: 10:03am On Jul 23, 2019
Arysexy:
I hope with your so called traditional marriage u can claim Ur spouse's estate? Or use it to obtain visa?

If u are a Christian, what joins u and Ur wife is a Christian marriage or blessing backed by certificate. Same for a Muslim. Traditional marriage only bring both families together to agree to let their children unite.

Does traditional marriage issue certificate of marriage?

U very ignorant ....
That's all I have to say...

4 Likes

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by Mikkydo(m): 10:04am On Jul 23, 2019
zainaboo19:
no I disagree its only on honey moon a man can sleep with me

Honey moon ko, sunny moon ni grin
Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by AntiMCU: 10:05am On Jul 23, 2019
Nat404:
Common sense is not common for you.

1 Like

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by Ziel20: 10:05am On Jul 23, 2019
tee59:
Just speak for yourself. I'm not agreeing to that.

Who is this one? wink
Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by Angy55(f): 10:05am On Jul 23, 2019
Yes, A man has every right to sleep with his wife after traditional rites. Tradition is the main thing.

2 Likes

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by Sapphire86(f): 10:05am On Jul 23, 2019
Nat404:
Common sense is not common for you.

You are very rude and lack decorum...

3 Likes

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by mamajj17(f): 10:06am On Jul 23, 2019
TrollKiller:
Summary Please. smiley

Lazy Boy or better still lazy youth grin grin

2 Likes

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by HabaHaba: 10:07am On Jul 23, 2019
Criticaltemp:
Traditional marriage is far na, immediately after the introduction ceremony.. Oga, na ur wife b DAT.. Whether u pay her BP or not.. Uve made ur intentions known so ure now her hubby..

So, if five different men come to make their intentions known then the five of them may sleep with the maid?

Haba, I simply wonder how people think sometimes.

Reason at your logic please.

After bride price ia paid and traditional is even more acceptable.

6 Likes

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by degamemaster(m): 10:07am On Jul 23, 2019
zainaboo19:

Brainwashed idiot, you may remind in your father's house till eternity waiting for money moon with your overused smelling pussy.

5 Likes

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by Zst1: 10:08am On Jul 23, 2019
Arysexy:

Jesus attended a Jewish wedding. There is nothing like Christianity when Jesus was on earth. Christianity started after his ascension.

So Christians are expected to conduct Christian marriage
what are the biblical requirement for marriage? Then show me wher those requirements are taken care of in a christian marriage? Do you pay bride price in church marriages? Ms pastor how many churches would agree to join a man and a woman without the consent of their parents traditional rites.

3 Likes

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by Angy55(f): 10:08am On Jul 23, 2019
SIRTee15:

U very ignorant ....

Ignore him. No wonder many of them borrow money to get married all because they want church/white wedding.

4 Likes

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by AntiMCU: 10:09am On Jul 23, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Marriage occurs as soon as a man pays a woman's bride price....That's how it's done in IGBO land, I don't know for others
Not just in igbo land.
In the bible too...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by Henry22(m): 10:10am On Jul 23, 2019
And jesus turned water to wine....and when the elders tested it they shouted..... Chei!!! Why did u people hide the real shayo and gave us the other to drink? grin

2 Likes

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 23, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Church wedding is simply a society wedding and it is 100% optional, many people done even do it these days, they just do traditional marriage n then do court marriage.

Same here. I'm not interested in any church marriage or warefa. Come to think of it, i dey go shursh before??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by Graduateacher(f): 10:11am On Jul 23, 2019
lexy2014:

So what is d law of God concerning d subject matter?

Marriage is honorable and the bed undefiled. Read through the wedding at Cana which Jesus attended. Will Christ attend a traditional ceremony which entails libation pouring and other sacrifices to gods of the land, will he perform miracles and manifest his signs in such a place?

If you honor traditional marriage over church wedding which is blessed by a priest/pastor then you are not fully a practicing Christian. I find most Africans swinging both ways especially when it concerns burial and marriage.

Marriage blessing can be done as simply as inviting a priest/pastor to bless your union in the presence of your parents/family, it doesn't necessarily entail the fanfare we see today

Chose who you will follow, as for me and my family, we will serve God.

2 Likes

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by Sirnioking(m): 10:11am On Jul 23, 2019
Beautiful and perfect article!!!

1 Like

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by HabaHaba: 10:12am On Jul 23, 2019
shadeyinka:
Yes he has the right if and only if the Traditional Marriage is their Last Wedding Rite.

It is hypocritical to do two marriages only one is valid and recognized. If you need the church wedding to validate your marriage, then the church wedding is the real wedding and if you do not intend to go to the church for ANOTHER wedding ceremony after the traditional wedding then so be it: the traditional wedding is your real wedding. Go to the courts and collect your certificate of marriage.

The church recognizes traditional marriages and hence do church blessings for traditional marriages AND NOT not another wedding.

So, in effect you are saying once the Traditional Marriage has been done, they are free to consummate the marriage?

If yes, you are in line with OP assertions.
Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by ebexy(m): 10:14am On Jul 23, 2019
Grab this great opportunity to get quality training at a very low fee @ our SUMMER BAKING CLASS for everyone which comes up once a year. It's a mega discounted class. It's once in a year opportunity. only for this season. Enrol this summer to acquire baking and cake decorating skill. Learning mixed with fun. You don't want to miss this. @ Mix n Bake School we groom entrepreneurs.

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by mistacoco2: 10:16am On Jul 23, 2019
Just had same issue with my girlfriend few minutes..
Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by EnergyGaadd: 10:17am On Jul 23, 2019
cool
Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by Nat404: 10:17am On Jul 23, 2019
Sapphire86:

You are very rude and lack decorum...
That's detention after class for saying that because the truth is always bitter. Many people in Nigeria lack common sense and that's why the country is in total shambles.

2 Likes

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by lexy2014: 10:17am On Jul 23, 2019
Graduateacher:

Marriage is honorable and the bed undefiled. Read through the wedding at Cana which Jesus attended. Will Christ attend a traditional ceremony which entails libation pouring and other sacrifices to gods of the land, will he perform miracles and manifest his signs in such a place?

If you honor traditional marriage over church wedding which is blessed by a priest/pastor then you are not fully a practicing Christian. I find most Africans swinging both ways especially when it concerns burial and marriage.

Marriage blessing can be done as simply as inviting a priest/pastor to bless your union in the presence of your parents/family, it doesn't necessarily entail the fanfare we see today

Chose who you will follow, as for me and my family, we will serve God.

D wedding u referencing that Jesus attended, was it a Christian wedding or a Jewish traditional wedding? What does "Christian wedding" entail? Is there anywhere in d Bible that speaks of "Christian wedding"? Can u conduct "Christian wedding" without first conducting traditional wedding? If it was so important, y does d church ask couples to do traditional wedding first?

5 Likes

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by kilisi(m): 10:17am On Jul 23, 2019
famouscargo4u:
that is the real marriage. once you pay all you are told to and her parents hand her over to you, that's all! every other thing is secondary. You don't need a pastor, reverend father or Imam. You are however expected to notify government or religious organisation to get a certificate for reference purpose.

Are you a JW?

1 Like

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by HabaHaba: 10:17am On Jul 23, 2019
SIRTee15:

U very ignorant ....

Bros, she's making some good sense. Reason it out, please

Peace
Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:19am On Jul 23, 2019
tee59:
Just speak for yourself. I'm not agreeing to that.

It's not even an opinion. What the OP wrote is absolutely true.

1 Like

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by Nat404: 10:20am On Jul 23, 2019
zainaboo19:
What of those ones you've been sleeping with? undecided

Once again, common sense is not common.

2 Likes

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by yeshuasfootstep(m): 10:21am On Jul 23, 2019
Simple straightforward truth. Africans read, read,read. learn, study and liberate yourselves.I use to cry for you, you are in chains. Oooh

1 Like

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by HabaHaba: 10:23am On Jul 23, 2019
degamemaster:

Brainwashed idiot, you may remind in your father's house till eternity waiting for money moon with your overused smelling pussy.
Bro I fear your mouth. Kai, Basket mouth sef go duff cap for you! Chei! See tabbing!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons / Photos Of A Man's Dirty House Got Twitter Users Arguing / Nkechi Opara Missing. Please Notify If You See This Missing Lady!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.