Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage (39004 Views)

Doctor Divorces His Beauty Queen Wife After Discovering She's A Secret Call Girl / Uncle Set To Divorce Wife After Plumber Removed 23 Condoms Blocking Our Toilet.. / 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by lexy2014: 12:32pm On Jul 23, 2019
bixton:

There is no such law given.
You only need to take a cue from all the marriages done in the OT and that in the NT that Jesus Christ was in attendance to understand what is needed and required of one.

If there's no law, y did d person I responded to talk about law? D marriages u referring to in d OT& d one u said Jesus attended in d NT, were they Christian weddings or Jewish traditional weddings?
Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by Graduateacher(f): 12:33pm On Jul 23, 2019
lexy2014:

D wedding u referencing that Jesus attended, was it a Christian wedding or a Jewish traditional wedding? What does "Christian wedding" entail? Is there anywhere in d Bible that speaks of "Christian wedding"? Can u conduct "Christian wedding" without first conducting traditional wedding? If it was so important, y does d church ask couples to do traditional wedding first?

It's only in the some parts of Nigeria that they've made it compulsory by imposition, it's not a must in our constitution. There are people who chose to do only church wedding and they are living fine

1 Like

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by Nat404: 12:39pm On Jul 23, 2019
Graduateacher:

Read my post again, I said church wedding only needs the presence of the minister of God and the couple and members of both immediate extended families (a cousin of mine married like this), if anybody choses to make theirs elaborate, that is their business. The white dress was to signify purity of the bride but now that almost every bride is pregnant during church wedding, there's absolutely no point in wearing it. The vail was to show virginity but now that people engage in premarital sex, there's no point in wearing it.
Common sense is common for you. I'm highly impressed with your comment.
Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by lexy2014: 12:41pm On Jul 23, 2019
Graduateacher:

It's only in the some parts of Nigeria that they've made it compulsory by imposition, it's not a must in our constitution. There are people who chose to do only church wedding and they are living fine

There are also people who choose to do only traditional wedding & they are living fine. But u still didn't answer d questions i asked

1 Like

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by Graduateacher(f): 12:48pm On Jul 23, 2019
lexy2014:

There are also people who choose to do only traditional wedding & they are living fine. But u still didn't answer d questions i asked

Yes, but such people should be practising African traditional religion instead of Christianity.

Back to your question, I already posted a reply, it's not constitional. Our constitution doesn't require all types of marriages, just one will suffice. The Catholic church will insist on church marriage before a couple is allowed to receive communion. Check very well, it's your kinsmen that insist on traditional marriage to reap the couple off and perpetuate generational strongholds

*My sister and her husband did only church marriage

2 Likes

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by tiswell(m): 12:52pm On Jul 23, 2019
zainaboo19:
no I disagree its only on honey moon a man can sleep with me

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by naijadrivablog: 12:52pm On Jul 23, 2019
Arysexy:

Jesus attended a Jewish wedding. There is nothing like Christianity when Jesus was on earth. Christianity started after his ascension.

So Christians are expected to conduct Christian marriage

Is it biblical?
Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by famouscargo4u: 12:52pm On Jul 23, 2019
[quote author=bixton post=80546978]

There's no such law as needing a certificate as proof of marriage.......
You need to read about how the customary court acknowledges traditional marriages. [/quote

You need it. It is the only proof to government.
Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by naijadrivablog: 12:53pm On Jul 23, 2019
Omudia11:
Please who forced Jesus to turn water into wine?

Read your Bible. I said "forced", quote me right.
Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 23, 2019
You've got your life to live, your choices to make. Make your choices and enjoy the consequences Why bring religion in? You need people to join in your reasoning... #hypocrisy

1 Like

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by lielbree: 12:56pm On Jul 23, 2019
Criticaltemp:
Traditional marriage is far na, immediately after the introduction ceremony.. Oga, na ur wife b DAT.. Whether u pay her BP or not.. Uve made ur intentions known so ure now her hubby..
U are right. Once the woman father accepts the offer, marriage has commenced. Every other thing is formality

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by lexy2014: 1:00pm On Jul 23, 2019
Graduateacher:

Yes, but such people should be practising African traditional religion instead of Christianity.

Back to your question, I already posted a reply, it's not constitional. Our constitution doesn't require all types of marriages, just one will suffice. The Catholic church will insist on church marriage before a couple is allowed to receive communion.

Am not talking about d constitution. In ur first post, u talked about d law of God. This what u said:

"Any law that doesn't conform to the desires of a black man's joy stick is discarded. Even the law of the God they worship is thrown out in obedience to their erection, enjoy."

And I responded by asking u this:

"So what is d law of God concerning d subject matter?"

Uptill now, u haven't been able to shed light on d law u made reference to.

Later on u said this:

Marriage is honorable and the bed undefiled. Read through the wedding at Cana which Jesus attended. Will Christ attend a traditional ceremony which entails libation pouring and other sacrifices to gods of the land, will he perform miracles and manifest his signs in such a place?

If you honor traditional marriage over church wedding which is blessed by a priest/pastor then you are not fully a practicing Christian. I find most Africans swinging both ways especially when it concerns burial and marriage.

These are d questions I asked u that u haven't answered. U just dancing around d issue without addressing d questions I asked:

D wedding u referencing that Jesus attended, was it a Christian wedding or a Jewish traditional wedding? What does "Christian wedding" entail? Is there anywhere in d Bible that speaks of "Christian wedding"? Can u conduct "Christian wedding" without first conducting traditional wedding? If it was so important, y does d church ask couples to do traditional wedding first?

1 Like

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by lexy2014: 1:08pm On Jul 23, 2019
Graduateacher:

Back to your question, I already posted a reply, it's not constitional. Our constitution doesn't require all types of marriages, just one will suffice. The Catholic church will insist on church marriage before a couple is allowed to receive communion. Check very well, it's your kinsmen that insist on traditional marriage to reap the couple off and perpetuate generational strongholds

*My sister and get husband did only church marriage

What isn't constitutional? What is d one marriage that u say d constitution requires?
Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by Graduateacher(f): 1:12pm On Jul 23, 2019
lexy2014:

Am not talking about d constitution. In ur first post, u talked about d law of God. This what u said:

"Any law that doesn't conform to the desires of a black man's joy stick is discarded. Even the law of the God they worship is thrown out in obedience to their erection, enjoy."

And I responded by asking u this:

"So what is d law of God concerning d subject matter?"

Uptill now, u haven't been able to shed light on d law u made reference to.

Later on u said this:

Marriage is honorable and the bed undefiled. Read through the wedding at Cana which Jesus attended. Will Christ attend a traditional ceremony which entails libation pouring and other sacrifices to gods of the land, will he perform miracles and manifest his signs in such a place?

If you honor traditional marriage over church wedding which is blessed by a priest/pastor then you are not fully a practicing Christian. I find most Africans swinging both ways especially when it concerns burial and marriage.

These are d questions I asked u that u haven't answered. U just dancing around d issue without addressing d questions I asked:

Referencing from the first wedding in the book of Genesis, the Lord himself precided over it. It was his idea. Now, we as Christians are not worshipping any other God besides the one who conducted the first marriage ceremony. Now, who are the people representing God here on earth, is it your ancestor or your spiritual leader which is your priest or pastor. Was libation, kolanut and offering to the gods of the land conducted by God when he brought Adam and Eve together?

Regarding the wedding in Cana, which God do the Jews serve? isn't He the same God we Christians are serving? was Jesus a Jew or not?
Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by Samuels90: 1:15pm On Jul 23, 2019
So True my brother
Local man concur! cool cool
Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by Graduateacher(f): 1:18pm On Jul 23, 2019
lexy2014:

What isn't constitutional? What is d one marriage that u say d constitution requires?

All three marriages are recognized by the law. If you're a Christian honor God by making Christian marriage your priority and not traditional marriage. Insisting on having sex with your wife after traditional marriage instead of after the church wedding shows that you're not honoring God as you should, if you're a Christian.
Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by djon78(m): 1:24pm On Jul 23, 2019
Arysexy:

Jesus attended a Jewish wedding. There is nothing like Christianity when Jesus was on earth. Christianity started after his ascension.

So Christians are expected to conduct Christian marriage

Please can you show me any scripture that gave the Church right to join people as husband and wife in the Bible

1 Like

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by tomju(m): 1:26pm On Jul 23, 2019
You're absolutely right. Some people may not afford white wedding. They stop at traditional marriage.
Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by djon78(m): 1:26pm On Jul 23, 2019
shadeyinka:

Half truth is no truth.

Traditional Wedding is Real Wedding only if the hypocritical couple would not go to the church to do ANOTHER wedding.

That's the point

Which biblical scripture backs up this your statement?
Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by djon78(m): 1:39pm On Jul 23, 2019
deebrain:
You are right.

The real marriage is the traditional marriage.

The reason why church marriage is yet required amongst Christians is because, its more or less the "discipline" marriage.

In African traditional marriage, you can marry as many women as possible. Ditto for the courts if you have a good reason.

In church marriage, you aside being getting married to your woman, you are taking an oath to be with only her for life. Any other marriage after this is taken with great reservations.

That's why many countries for documentation reasons approve church or mosque and court marriages to prevent possible complications rather than traditional marriages.

Thanks.

.this makes a lot of sense
Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by Hangulsaram: 1:53pm On Jul 23, 2019
amiibaby:
Ofcos once the bride price is paid
Pastors and Church are using white wedding to show their own power over marriage issues, sadly many people did n’t realize this.
But the question we should ask is this, if white wedding is so important as they said why do they make sure that one fulfilled traditional marriage obligations before they can wed them or get parental?

1 Like

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by Skmoda360(m): 1:54pm On Jul 23, 2019
[quote author=hakeem4 post=80544703][/quote]
Adultery kee you there.... grin grin
Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by emonis88: 1:56pm On Jul 23, 2019
This is right, and to prove it, u ask urself one question, for those who still disagree. Can u go to the church and wed without the traditional wedding? Answer is no! U can't take a woman to the alter without her parents and her family's permission. So that tells you that the traditional wedding is the real wedding proper, so after that the couple can carry go.
Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by larryking540: 2:09pm On Jul 23, 2019
tee59:
Just speak for yourself. I'm not agreeing to that.
why?
Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by PHIPEX(m): 2:09pm On Jul 23, 2019
Graduateacher:

Referencing from the first wedding in the book of Genesis, the Lord himself precided over it. It was his idea. Now, we as Christians are not worshipping any other God besides the one who conducted the first marriage ceremony. Now, who are the people representing God here on earth, is it your ancestor or your spiritual leader which is your priest or pastor. Was libation, kolanut and offering to the gods of the land conducted by God when he brought Adam and Eve together?

Regarding the wedding in Cana, which God do the Jews serve? isn't He the same God we Christians are serving? was Jesus a Jew or not?
You are sounding very religious. Who officiated Abraham and Sarah's marriage. Why did the apostle not instruct the new testament church oh how to do wedding yet Paul spoke extensively on marriage?

Marriage is strictly parental consent. The church can pray and bless the marriage but once a church makes white wedding compulsory it becomes an error.

1 Like

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by bixton(m): 2:43pm On Jul 23, 2019
lexy2014:

If there's no law, y did d person I responded to talk about law? D marriages u referring to in d OT& d one u said Jesus attended in d NT, were they Christian weddings or Jewish traditional weddings?

Jewish weddings both in OT and NT.

Please point to the law as it concerns weddings as written in the Bible based on the subject matter?
Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by bixton(m): 3:02pm On Jul 23, 2019
Graduateacher:

You are bringing up matters that necessarily does not concern the subject topic.
God the father, instituted the first joining and marriage recorded in the Bible. He is both the Father of the Adam and Eve.
Now from the children of Adam and Eve who instituted their marriages?
From the marriages of Abraham down to the last son of Jacob who instituted their marriages?
Who instituted the marriages of Moses, Aaron, Joshua; please kindly point to the Bible verses as reference.

This idea of pastor or priest as spiritual leader where did it come from, is it scriptural from the Bible?
Did you see any of the apostles referring to any man as their spiritual leader?
Or can you point to where such was used, or persons like giving interpretations to what was never said or written?
Kindly read Matthew 23:9.

1 Like

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by shadeyinka(m): 3:42pm On Jul 23, 2019
djon78:

Which biblical scripture backs up this your statement?
How many marriages should one do?
One,
Two or
Three?

Traditional Marriage is real marriage BUT Tony come to church for another marriage. That is deception.

Do married people come to the church for joining?
If you do come, then iteans you are not married yet!
Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by shadeyinka(m): 3:44pm On Jul 23, 2019
Sterope:
Don't you think that is very subjective? What makes a marriage? Is it not the coming together of both families to bless the union? If that is the case, every thing else after is extra, it cannot remove or add to the traditional marriage.

No! It isn't subjective. It is common sense.

Can one marry the same person twice without a divorce?

I support Traditional weddings or marriages: but don't come to the church to do ANOTHER wedding except you mean that the first wedding is just a mere formality

1 Like

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by lexy2014: 3:52pm On Jul 23, 2019
bixton:

Jewish weddings both in OT and NT.

Please point to the law as it concerns weddings as written in the Bible based on the subject matter?

Am not aware that there is a law that is y I asked d lady. Maybe she knows something that we don't.

So if there's no law regarding types of marriage, that means there's no biblically approved type of wedding
If Jewish traditional wedding is what d Bible recorded, that is because its a reflection of d Jewish people. I don't believe d Bible will now expect us in Africa to marry according to Jewish tenets when we aren't Jews. So therefore, African traditional wedding is d way to go
Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by lexy2014: 3:54pm On Jul 23, 2019
Graduateacher:

All three marriages are recognized by the law. If you're a Christian honor God by making Christian marriage your priority and not traditional marriage. Insisting on having sex with your wife after traditional marriage instead of after the church wedding shows that you're not honoring God as you should, if you're a Christian.

First of all, what is Christian marriage? What does it entail? Where is it in d bible? Where did d Bible say u should honour God by doing Christian wedding?

Here u say all 3 marriages are recognized by law but earlier u said some types of marriage are unconstitutional and d constitution recognises only one. U aren't consistent with ur points. Pls clarify ur contradictions

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons / Photos Of A Man's Dirty House Got Twitter Users Arguing / Nkechi Opara Missing. Please Notify If You See This Missing Lady!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.