Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage (38999 Views)

Doctor Divorces His Beauty Queen Wife After Discovering She's A Secret Call Girl / Uncle Set To Divorce Wife After Plumber Removed 23 Condoms Blocking Our Toilet.. / 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by TheGiftedOne(m): 10:23am On Jul 23, 2019
Criticaltemp:
Traditional marriage is far na, immediately after the introduction ceremony.. Oga, na ur wife b DAT.. Whether u pay her BP or not.. Uve made ur intentions known so ure now her hubby..

Will you shut tha hell up with your misguided brain? Thief!

3 Likes

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by grandstar(m): 10:25am On Jul 23, 2019
Rapmoney:
It is so ridiculous and shameful at the same time that in our society, people have become so religiously blind to the extent where our traditions no longer have the slightest of value, regard or relevance. It is this shameful disregard for customs and traditions that has made many Nigerians to have a picture of a day called 'wedding night'. It is usually expected that a man and his wife should make love only after the wedding ceremony. That night after the wedding is usually seen as the 'right time' for loving making to take place between the couple. This practice is a symbol of cultural slavery among Africans!

For those who claim to profess Christianity even more than the missionaries, the Early Church headed by Simon Peter concerned itself with leading people to salvation and not to ordain or organise marriages. All marriages recorded in the Holy Book were done or consummated traditionally, according to the customs of the people; including the one Jesus attended in Galilee! This should clearly show the 'religious zealots' that marriage is more of tradition than religion.

White wedding as the name implies is for white people. It has never been a religious way of joining a man and a woman together; it is the cultural and traditional marriage practice among westerners. After all, the Jewish people have their customary way of getting married. Why did the Europeans and Americans not copy them? Africans readily accept alien practice pushed down to them without any slight resistance even if such practice makes mockery of their customs and traditions.

If a mother sends one of her children to go and wash plates and when that child is done with the task, she sends another one to re-wash the plates, it means the work of the first child is not good enough. This is what Africans indirectly tell the westerners: 'Our marriage customs are not good enough; yours are better'.

A man has every right to sleep with his wife immediately after the bride price is paid and the traditional marriage rites are carried out. Same thing applies to the woman. Let us stop enslaving ourselves culturally. After traditional marriage, sex becomes a duty to be enjoyed and not a taboo!

We should learn from the Japanese, Chinese, Koreans and the entire Asian continent who have succeeded in preserving their culture. Between white wedding and traditional marriage, the former is the alien one and should be seen and treated as such.

From my platform,
Facebook.com/warriparrot

I'm a Jehovah's Witness

Since traditional marriages are considered legal before the eyes of the law,, we are actually discouraged from conducting 2 ceremonies in order to save cost.

It is considered wasteful and ostentatious to have 2 ceremonies.

If the couples want, they can request a kingdom Hall talk but it isn't compulsory.

What matters is that we satisfy the law, we meet Caeser's requirement (Read Romans 13:1-7, Titus 3:1)

As long as those laws do not conflict with God's law, we are urged to obey them to letter.

3 Likes

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by JubrilBuhari: 10:26am On Jul 23, 2019
tee59:
Just speak for yourself. I'm not agreeing to that.
He is 100% correct, church don't conduct marriage.
The white wedding is just a dedication to the sucesful marriage to the church.

Marriage is done traditionally.

2 Likes

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by JubrilBuhari: 10:27am On Jul 23, 2019
grandstar:

I'm a Jehovah's Witness

Since traditional marriages are considered legal before the eyes of the law,, we are actually discouraged to do 2 ceremonies in order to save cost.

It is considered wasteful and ostentatious to have 2 ceremonies.

If the couples want, they can request a kingdom Hall talk but it isn't compulsory.

What matters is that we satisfy the law, we meet Caeser's requirement (Read Romans 13:1-7, Titus 3:1)

As long as those laws do not conflict with God's law, we are urged to obey them to letter.

I agree with you.

2 Likes

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by Arysexy(m): 10:27am On Jul 23, 2019
SIRTee15:

My papa is very ignorant ....
That's all I have to say...

Ok, sorry to him
Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by Sterope(f): 10:30am On Jul 23, 2019
Don't you think that is very subjective? What makes a marriage? Is it not the coming together of both families to bless the union? If that is the case, every thing else after is extra, it cannot remove or add to the traditional marriage.

shadeyinka:

If the traditional wedding is your final marriage rite, you are good to go. Other than that, it is just an ordinary ceremony that requires church validation for the real wedding to hold
Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by Sarah20A(f): 10:30am On Jul 23, 2019
tee59:
Just speak for yourself. I'm not agreeing to that.
you might not agree but he's right undecidedtraditional marriage is the real deal while white wedding is just to show off

1 Like

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by degamemaster(m): 10:30am On Jul 23, 2019
HabaHaba:

Bro I fear your mouth. Kai, Basket mouth sef go duff cap for you! Chei! See tabbing!

Whoever that's behind that moniker just made me angry with that stupid comment. Africans have refused to learn, if you you see how some oyibos mock us in almost every thing we do, you will understand why it's important to remain unique in your own ways. We want to overdo the "white things" even more than the white themselves. Our Africans born here in Europe or America will never want to associate with you that came from Africa, the worst are the halfcasts that want to be seen as white even when the real white sees all of us as blacks. In short, the whole thing dey vex me shaaa.

2 Likes

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by myk2mic: 10:33am On Jul 23, 2019
Arysexy:
I hope with your so called traditional marriage u can claim Ur spouse's estate? Or use it to obtain visa?

If u are a Christian, what joins u and Ur wife is a Christian marriage or blessing backed by certificate. Same for a Muslim. Traditional marriage only bring both families together to agree to let their children unite.

Does traditional marriage issue certificate of marriage?
Oga, read ND understand , the crux of the matter is when to engage in sexual activities with ur wife. But with respect to ur issues, there are 2 recognized types of marriage ceremony in Nigeria. Traditional and court.once you do either you are married, the church marriage which we are all crazy abt is no different from the court becos if the church is licensed they will give you a marriage certificate if u haven't done the court wedding, but if u have already done the court wedding ND proceed to do church ,then all u r doing is church blessing. No certificate will be issued to you a second time and it is within the court /licensed church wedding that u have protection based on the laws of the land. If u submit yourself to only traditional marriage ,u will be subject to the laws of the tradition.

But the writer is saying ND I agree that once u have completed your traditional marriage or court ,u ND ur wife can have sexual relations unless both of you agree to wait till later.

5 Likes

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by ElderIsaac(m): 10:34am On Jul 23, 2019
Please follow what your religion believe says, attend marriage counselling, then do the right thing to avoid regret. Available Parental guide will help you a lot.
Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by Inspectorsuga22(m): 10:34am On Jul 23, 2019
TrollKiller:
Summary Please. smiley
Lazy youth, because its not Yahoo Yahoo or bbnaija u ain't interested... grin grin
Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by famouscargo4u: 10:37am On Jul 23, 2019
kilisi:

Are you a JW?

i'm not. but if you maÿ ask, what is marriage? it is a union between a man and woman usually with the consent of their parents. You need the approval of the girl's parents and NOT pastor!. Remember when Abraham was to get a wife for Isaac, he sought Rebecca's parents!

If you marry (even with pastor'pronouncement)", without the consent of the parents, it's illegality. The parents MUST give consent. Thereafter, you need to be recognised by government as married, hence, the need for certificate which can be gotten from recognised religious body or registry.

2 Likes

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by Sapphire86(f): 10:38am On Jul 23, 2019
Nat404:
That's detention after class for saying that because the truth is always bitter. Many people in Nigeria lack common sense and that's why the country is in total shambles.

You are very rude and lack decorum!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by HabaHaba: 10:40am On Jul 23, 2019
degamemaster:

Whoever that's behind that moniker just made me angry with that stupid comment. Africans have refused to learn, if you you see how some oyibos mock us in almost every thing we do, you will understand why it's important to remain unique in your own ways. We want to overdo the "white things" even more than the white themselves. Our Africans born here in Europe or America will never want to associate with you that came from Africa, the worst are the halfcasts that want to be seen as white even when the real white sees all of us as blacks. In short, the whole thing dey vex me shaaa.

Yeah, I can relate with you bro. The way we are bleaching our skin to be like the Whites and all that shit is hurting the mind.

Especially the ladies, they are so eager to drop anything black. I had a girlfriend in secondary school that was so after me (she see fine Boi na). After her Tertiary education, she hustled to leave the country just to go and marry a white man. Now, she doesn't even respond to me on Facebook.

I Taya for our Bla k girls.

But it's both male & female attitude. We all want to be the "Wanna Gonna, thingy)"

Even our lingua has been bastardized to neglect our native language.

So disappointing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by wellmax(m): 10:41am On Jul 23, 2019
Criticaltemp:
Traditional marriage is far na, immediately after the introduction ceremony.. Oga, na ur wife b DAT.. Whether u pay her BP or not.. Uve made ur intentions known so ure now her hubby..

Wrong.

Several introductions that leads no where.
Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by bixton(m): 10:43am On Jul 23, 2019
Criticaltemp:

Introduction is not marriage and never will be...........

So in the instance where the introduction does not lead to paying of bride price, what's happens?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 23, 2019
You are an hypocritical feminist if you want your Fiance to pay your bride price tongue
Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by Grupo(m): 10:44am On Jul 23, 2019
Graduateacher:
Any law that doesn't conform to the desires of a black man's joy stick is discarded. Even the law of the God they worship is thrown out in obedience to their erection, enjoy.

Where did your God tell you to wear white dress and go to church for you to be married?

1 Like

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by bixton(m): 10:46am On Jul 23, 2019
famouscargo4u:

i'm not. but if you maÿ ask, what is marriage? it is a union between a man and woman usually with the consent of their parents. You need the approval of the girl's parents and NOT pastor!. Remember when Abraham was to get a wife for Isaac, he sought Rebecca's parents!

If you marry (even with pastor'pronouncement)", without the consent of the parents, it's illegality. The parents MUST give consent. Thereafter, you need to be recognised by government as married, hence, the need for certificate which can be gotten from recognised religious body or registry.

There's no such law as needing a certificate as proof of marriage.......
You need to read about how the customary court acknowledges traditional marriages.
Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by missimelda01(f): 10:48am On Jul 23, 2019
Making your intentions know doesn't equate with paying the dowry of a lady.. let's be guided please
Criticaltemp:
Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by Michelle55: 10:49am On Jul 23, 2019
Comedian2019:

Religiously blind people will not agree with you.
lol.. Honestly, that's their business. Na only one wedding Jesus attend and I take it that it's traditional marriage( everyone with his or her own belief) white wedding is what we adopted from the white and it's has become a bone of contention here.. Here in Nigeria, if you never do white wedding, you never marry be that.

2 Likes

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by kilisi(m): 10:50am On Jul 23, 2019
famouscargo4u:

OK.

Yes, although it depends on the law of the land. In Nigeria for example, the law recognises traditional marriage as valid. Therefore, you can choose to do either of the two. It is however a double marriage rite if one decides to do tradional wedding and religious (church) wedding at the same time.

That's why as a Jw, you can choose to do either traditional wedding or court wedding. Both are recognised by the Nigerian law. Just that if you go for traditional wedding, it is good to register your marriage with the government at your convenience (Romans 14:1) for future use which may arise.

1 Like

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 23, 2019
zainaboo19:
no I disagree its only on honey moon a man can sleep with me
what is honey moon
Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by bixton(m): 10:51am On Jul 23, 2019
lexy2014:

So what is d law of God concerning d subject matter?

There is no such law given.
You only need to take a cue from all the marriages done in the OT and that in the NT that Jesus Christ was in attendance to understand what is needed and required of one.
Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by emelda86(f): 10:52am On Jul 23, 2019
Pentecostal people will not like this

1 Like

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by SIRTee15: 10:52am On Jul 23, 2019
Arysexy:

Ok, sorry to him

See utterances coming from the foul mouth of someone assuming the role of Christ advocate....
Claiming he's fighting for the church...
mhenn...
Christianity in nigeria has lost it....
And this one will pray wants to live long quoting the scriptures.....
Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by kilisi(m): 10:52am On Jul 23, 2019
bixton:

There's no such law as needing a certificate as proof of marriage.......
You need to read about how the customary court acknowledges traditional marriages.

This is absolutely true. Although it is good to register your marriage with government for future necessities.

1 Like

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by Sonnobax15(m): 10:56am On Jul 23, 2019
The op is right on point....na traditional marriage sure pass,confirmed 2 odds...in fact,saying the white wedding is "A MUST DO" in our present day african communities simply indicates how deeply enslaved we've been despite the departure of the europeans....Buh just like i once told my gf,immediately after i have linked my ancestors to yours,that's all;ain't gona do any shiit called white weddinq!

2 Likes

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by FuckThaMod: 10:57am On Jul 23, 2019
Ritaokafor:

Lwkm. Guy easy o. The kitten is already yours. A little patience please. grin
No oo.. No time for patience. Immediately I'm dropping the bride price we heading straight to the bedroom, Man blood dey hot.
Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by zomoears(m): 10:57am On Jul 23, 2019
Arysexy:
I hope with your so called traditional marriage u can claim Ur spouse's estate? Or use it to obtain visa?

If u are a Christian, what joins u and Ur wife is a Christian marriage or blessing backed by certificate. Same for a Muslim. Traditional marriage only bring both families together to agree to let their children unite.

Does traditional marriage issue certificate of marriage?

I think you should read the Marriage Act.

Traditional institutions are empowered to join marriages and issue certificates under customary law, which are also recognised for visa applications. Where a traditional institution fails to exercise this power, they are short changing their people.

1 Like

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by Mike4S: 11:01am On Jul 23, 2019
Rapmoney:
It is so ridiculous and shameful at the same time that in our society, people have become so religiously blind to the extent where our traditions no longer have the slightest of value, regard or relevance. It is this shameful disregard for customs and traditions that has made many Nigerians to have a picture of a day called 'wedding night'. It is usually expected that a man and his wife should make love only after the wedding ceremony. That night after the wedding is usually seen as the 'right time' for loving making to take place between the couple. This practice is a symbol of cultural slavery among Africans!

For those who claim to profess Christianity even more than the missionaries, the Early Church headed by Simon Peter concerned itself with leading people to salvation and not to ordain or organise marriages. All marriages recorded in the Holy Book were done or consummated traditionally, according to the customs of the people; including the one Jesus attended in Galilee! This should clearly show the 'religious zealots' that marriage is more of tradition than religion.

White wedding as the name implies is for white people. It has never been a religious way of joining a man and a woman together; it is the cultural and traditional marriage practice among westerners. After all, the Jewish people have their customary way of getting married. Why did the Europeans and Americans not copy them? Africans readily accept alien practice pushed down to them without any slight resistance even if such practice makes mockery of their customs and traditions.

If a mother sends one of her children to go and wash plates and when that child is done with the task, she sends another one to re-wash the plates, it means the work of the first child is not good enough. This is what Africans indirectly tell the westerners: 'Our marriage customs are not good enough; yours are better'.

A man has every right to sleep with his wife immediately after the bride price is paid and the traditional marriage rites are carried out. Same thing applies to the woman. Let us stop enslaving ourselves culturally. After traditional marriage, sex becomes a duty to be enjoyed and not a taboo!

We should learn from the Japanese, Chinese, Koreans and the entire Asian continent who have succeeded in preserving their culture. Between white wedding and traditional marriage, the former is the alien one and should be seen and treated as such.

From my platform,
Facebook.com/warriparrot
The day a man releases his daughter to a man is the day agreement has been struck. Whatever that transpires after that is not illegality

1 Like

Re: A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 23, 2019
Rapmoney:

From my platform,
Facebook.com/warriparrot
Thanks for this piece. Personally, I call it neo-colonial effect. Christianity, Islam and white wedding are on the same train of neocolonial apparatus of the west. How do we know how gullible and how 'imbecilic' Africans are? By their total subscription to this western and alien culture of the white.

Call them black monkeys and they start emotional mastubation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons / Guys, Can You Go In With Your Wife To Labour Room? / Photos Of A Man's Dirty House Got Twitter Users Arguing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.