Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,482 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

Dumb Things Society Has Brainwashed US To Believe. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dumb Things Society Has Brainwashed US To Believe. (635 Views)

What's One Sex Myth You Know Is A Lie But Everyone But Everyone Seem To Believe? / The Girls And Ladies In The Choir Have Been Brainwashed. / My Sister Is Been Religiously Brainwashed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dumb Things Society Has Brainwashed US To Believe. by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 23, 2019
NL_NATION

There are so many absurd things society has taught US when growing up. And these beliefs, sayings, and ways of living are taught by masses of people.

People who know no better, have been misled, and are in one word – BRAINWASHED. And that brainwashing has likely been passed down onto you.

Here are few DUMB things society has brainwashed you to believe. And NONE of it is doing you any good:

IT'S THE GOVT. JOB TO IMPROVE YOUR QUALITY OF LIVING

Look, the government is running a whole country full of millions upon millions of people. It’s not possible to improve everybody’s lives individually, and it’s NOT the governments job to do so.

Though they’ll have you believe otherwise. The saying – ".... LIFE is what you make of it" holds true. YOU are responsible for your life and how it turns out.

If you believe your life is ruined or has no hope of getting better because of the government, what a "lost, confused little sheep" you must be.
You might be offended by that but I’m trying to wake you up to reality.

BEING SELFISH IS A BAD THING

Actually, being selfish is a GOOD thing. When you put yourself first before anybody else, guess what? That puts YOU in a position to better help others.

For example, If you put your happiness first, you’ll be in a better position to make others around you happy. Where as If you put someone else before you, your happiness will suffer. Because you’re putting yourself last, and not giving yourself any self-care.

Whether that’s through donating to charity, supporting causes you care about, helping your family, or whatever. The next time someone tells you being selfish is a bad thing, question them. Because there are benefits to being selfish.

IT'S RUDE TO SPEAK YOUR MIND

This is another dumb concept society will have you believe. Just think of a time when you were in school, college, at work, or at a family dinner and you were told “It’s rude to speak your mind”. Was it really? Or is it just the fact that people HATE the truth and LOVE to be in denial?

The truth is the truth, and there’s no escaping it. If you don’t speak your mind and be frank, your voice will never be heard. And If you pretend and hold back on what you want to say, you’ll drive yourself to be that miserable, quiet & obedient person who nobody cares about.
You’ll just live to exist and nothing more.

THERE'S TOO MUCH COMPETITION

No matter what field, career, job or business you get into, of course there’s gonna be competition. There’s 7 billion people on the fucking planet.

But that shouldn’t stop you from doing the things you believe in, want to do, MUST do, and are passionate about doing. The person who tells you – “There’s too much competition in that industry, why bother” is nothing but a loser.

Those are the words of someone who has given up on their dreams, their goals, and themselves.
They’re the words of someone who has quit because of the lies and the stories they’ve told themselves.

Competition doesn’t = success or failure, YOU do. So don’t let that quitter turn out to be you.

JUST BE GRATEFUL FOR WHAT YOU HAVE

Yes, being grateful for where you are, what you have and how far you’ve gotten makes sense. But society’s definition of being grateful is to
settle for less instead of settling for more.

The person who tells you to “just” be grateful for what you have has given up on life. They’ve got to a point where they no longer believe it’s possible to live life on their terms.

They believe it’s no longer possible to live up to their potential and have more than they’ve got.
So they’ll compare themselves to people who have less than they do to justify where they’re at.

Be careful of the poison some people are convincing you to drink. If you drink enough of it, you’ll kill your dreams, beliefs, ambition and motivation permanently. If you know deep down you’re capable of so much more, then pursue that and don’t let the naysayers stop you.

CONCLUSION

In other words, to change your circumstances you’ve first got to CHANGE YOURSELF and THE ACTIONS you take.

"In a society that tries to standardize thinking, individuality is not highly prized." – Alex Grey 

"I apologize if you felt that I was being mean with my answer. I wasn’t. Its just that I am a straight forward person." – Unknown 

"Success is not to be pursued; it is to be attracted by the person you become." – Jim Rohn 

"Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start."– Nido Qubein

Re: Dumb Things Society Has Brainwashed US To Believe. by kazyhm(m): 9:27pm On Jul 23, 2019
Your first point is another shade of brainwash stop encouraging bad leadership......... Government should be responsive, responsible, proactive and create enabling environment for citizens to live better......

Governance should be inclusive........ Some countries that have less poor people does not mean that all the considered above average citizens are genius but the difference is that government policies encourages growth, peaceful coexistence and rewards hardwork
Re: Dumb Things Society Has Brainwashed US To Believe. by dukeprince50: 9:35pm On Jul 23, 2019
a
Re: Dumb Things Society Has Brainwashed US To Believe. by Fidelismaria: 9:43pm On Jul 23, 2019
"Be a man"

"Why acting like a woman" - this sentence alone makes me mad

1 Like

Re: Dumb Things Society Has Brainwashed US To Believe. by amaniro: 9:48pm On Jul 23, 2019
Fidelismaria:
"Be a man"

Why you dey do like woman. Very stupid question. How do guys do then? Smoke drink dreadlocks, tattoo, gym, football? Is that what makes someone a guy or a man? The whole society is stereotyped .

1 Like

Re: Dumb Things Society Has Brainwashed US To Believe. by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 23, 2019
Fidelismaria:
"Be a man"

Lolz.... Na d kinda statement u only hear from a frustrated "misogynist". No mind them jare.
Re: Dumb Things Society Has Brainwashed US To Believe. by MrCuteking(m): 10:21pm On Jul 23, 2019
So true. I made a mess of my life by putting my friends first. So bad. I wish I had read this earlier this year. What a turn around it would have been. It’s not too late to shine. I will change my game henceforth.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Who Runs Faster When It Is About To Rain? / I Have More Than 5 Crushes... What Should I Do.. / Bride Who Caught Husband Harassing One Of Her Bridesmaids Still Married Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.