Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,093 members, 7,953,329 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:26 PM

Whale Killed And Butchered In Brass, Bayelsa State (Photos) - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Whale Killed And Butchered In Brass, Bayelsa State (Photos) (87329 Views)

Whale Butchered At Okpoama Seaside In Brass, Bayelsa (Pictures) / Video Of Huge Whale Killed In Bayelsa, Butchered With Chain Saw Machine / Trapped Manatee Caught And Butchered In Bayelsa By Residents. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whale Killed And Butchered In Brass, Bayelsa State (Photos) by highbee02: 5:39pm On Jul 29, 2019
NaijaOlosho:
These are images of a grounded whale � (fish) has been making the rounds this morning.

The Whale was reported to have been swept to the beach in the shaws of Okpoama and Onyekia communities in Brass Local government area of Bayelsa State on Sunday 28/07/2019.

>>> https://grovenaija360.com/huge-whale-killed-and-butchered-in-bayelsa-state-photos/
Re: Whale Killed And Butchered In Brass, Bayelsa State (Photos) by Ifiegboria(m): 5:40pm On Jul 29, 2019
The butchers
Re: Whale Killed And Butchered In Brass, Bayelsa State (Photos) by sunsewa16: 5:43pm On Jul 29, 2019
Dem go smoke the whale for fire,come dey sell am as dry fish for us at patani.
Re: Whale Killed And Butchered In Brass, Bayelsa State (Photos) by ayosam4real: 5:46pm On Jul 29, 2019
alizma:
Some people just trying hard to be what they are not.
You eat cow meat, eat chicken every weekend and you still have the guts to condemn these people. In which way are you better of them?
may I pray you receive brain.

These form of species are special creature, which you don't see often in Nigeria.
They are supposed to be protected and reserved for younger generations to come.
This was how our forefather's ignorantly make some animals go into extinction.

Someone of your Calibre would wish you were there when Unicorns were in existence when displayed on TVs' or may I say Africa Magic.

Let's save our species for they are special.

Its people like you that would travel to white man land and study marine bla bla bla. You would be shown whales and would be marvelled at it's potentials.

1 Like

Re: Whale Killed And Butchered In Brass, Bayelsa State (Photos) by omohlexy: 5:56pm On Jul 29, 2019
Niyi9002:
See that merciless guy on top of the whale with an axe cheesy. This one na cut make I cut, no fighting.
Guy whales are endangered species that you don't get to see everyday unlike chickens and cows. Someday you will tell your kids that whales once existed and they will be like: Daddy you can lie o! Stop displaying you ignorance here
Re: Whale Killed And Butchered In Brass, Bayelsa State (Photos) by papiddo(m): 5:58pm On Jul 29, 2019
Tellemall:

Does it taste beefy or fishy? And is the texture like normal fish?

It's always something I have wanted to try apart from some other aquatic animals.

Ohh yes it has a beefy bite but with a fishy flavor.. When cooked looks more like corned beef but its brownish not redish like corned beef..

It is mostly smoked and sold as smoked fish. But I ate mine as pepper soup.

It is not cooked directly but washed with alum to remove some toxic substances such as mercury.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whale Killed And Butchered In Brass, Bayelsa State (Photos) by nototribalist: 6:00pm On Jul 29, 2019
Sanromeo:
Technically, they're eating a carcass because that whale would have been dead before it washed ashore. Hunger is deadly.
the fish wey you dey buy for market na live fish? No be dead fish?

Na carcass I dey like sef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whale Killed And Butchered In Brass, Bayelsa State (Photos) by Tomoyayi(m): 6:05pm On Jul 29, 2019
engrsyer:
Butchers... Can't they allow the fish to go? This is inhuman
Whales are mammals.
Re: Whale Killed And Butchered In Brass, Bayelsa State (Photos) by AbuAeesha: 6:08pm On Jul 29, 2019
Sanromeo:
Technically, they're eating a carcass because that whale would have been dead before it washed ashore. Hunger is deadly.
so other fishes we eat are usually slaughtered?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whale Killed And Butchered In Brass, Bayelsa State (Photos) by stagger: 6:19pm On Jul 29, 2019
The waters in the Niger Delta are thoroughly polluted. Even when the NSCDC goes on raids to where illegally bunkered diesel is kept, they just puncture and empty the contents into the waters. So the fishing industry there is destroyed.

So when a whale washes ashore, what do you want these people to do? Let it go and starve? Even lions have been caught on video practising cannibalism when times are very hard.

1 Like

Re: Whale Killed And Butchered In Brass, Bayelsa State (Photos) by stagger: 6:21pm On Jul 29, 2019
Tellemall:

How did they get endangered? Due to being hunted and eaten.

Why deny Nigerians the taste of exotic mammals? Or is it suddenly savage because it's Nigerians eating whales?

My brother thank you. Is it not the white man who caused whales to become endangered? Now after creating the problem, they want to teach us the solution.

1 Like

Re: Whale Killed And Butchered In Brass, Bayelsa State (Photos) by Myself2(m): 6:37pm On Jul 29, 2019
Either it was marooned or the whale was already dead.
Whichever case, whale eating is not for me as I don't eat mammals, I only eat fish
Thank you
Re: Whale Killed And Butchered In Brass, Bayelsa State (Photos) by shogsman(m): 6:44pm On Jul 29, 2019
alizma:

Oga the topic says "kill and butchered" and those i respond to their comments are not talking about health issue, they only criticize the killing
So it's right they killed it because it poses a threat or what.
Re: Whale Killed And Butchered In Brass, Bayelsa State (Photos) by OgogoroNo2: 6:48pm On Jul 29, 2019
no bi buhari cause am
Re: Whale Killed And Butchered In Brass, Bayelsa State (Photos) by buchai: 6:54pm On Jul 29, 2019
sometime last year it appears in Beira but it was pushed back to the sea.
Re: Whale Killed And Butchered In Brass, Bayelsa State (Photos) by Niyi9002(m): 6:56pm On Jul 29, 2019
omohlexy:
Guy whales are endangered species that you don't get to see everyday unlike chickens and cows. Someday you will tell your kids that whales once existed and they will be like: Daddy you can lie o! Stop displaying you ignorance here
I'm sure you've not seen a whale before but you are aware of it's existence, so your quote doesn't really make sense!
Re: Whale Killed And Butchered In Brass, Bayelsa State (Photos) by luluman: 7:04pm On Jul 29, 2019
Simplyleo:
Pls who can trace one thread that graced front page about one man (Not in Nigeria) who assisted a shark stucked in the sand back to the sea?

Here is a typical example that proves comments by nairalanders on that thread. angry
I'm with you. But seriously We need some re orientation about how we treat creatures.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whale Killed And Butchered In Brass, Bayelsa State (Photos) by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 29, 2019
Sanromeo:

Carcass that still bleeds. That one na carcass?
Re: Whale Killed And Butchered In Brass, Bayelsa State (Photos) by alizma: 7:31pm On Jul 29, 2019
shogsman:

So it's right they killed it because it poses a threat or what.
Does antelope pose threat, if i give you antelope or grass cutter meat now will you reject it?
Re: Whale Killed And Butchered In Brass, Bayelsa State (Photos) by Nancy1986: 7:41pm On Jul 29, 2019
Japan eat whale very well.... Any one too can
Re: Whale Killed And Butchered In Brass, Bayelsa State (Photos) by FreeSpirited: 7:44pm On Jul 29, 2019
Pegi23:

I'm a normal human being but fish are not to be eaten.

Follow up on instagram
What does your Instagram page have to offer me??
Re: Whale Killed And Butchered In Brass, Bayelsa State (Photos) by Americanboy35: 7:47pm On Jul 29, 2019
Extreme hunger in the land
Re: Whale Killed And Butchered In Brass, Bayelsa State (Photos) by Melkizedeck: 7:50pm On Jul 29, 2019
If whales are endangered species then Africans didn't contribute to that!!!
Compared to the Caucasian nations we don't have the capability to catch whales!!!
Re: Whale Killed And Butchered In Brass, Bayelsa State (Photos) by larryhills: 7:51pm On Jul 29, 2019
engrsyer:
my dear if dat thing catch you inside water ehn, e go swallow you like peanut...... God created it so that we can kill it and enjoy.....
Re: Whale Killed And Butchered In Brass, Bayelsa State (Photos) by mrollyB: 7:55pm On Jul 29, 2019
alizma:
Some people just trying hard to be what they are not.
You eat cow meat, eat chicken every weekend and you still have the guts to condemn these people. In which way are you better of them?
the way that requires you to use your common sense which is not common by the way. Have you tried to question how that fish died in the first place. A country like Nigeria is battling malaria talk less of new disease a dead fish can add to it.
Re: Whale Killed And Butchered In Brass, Bayelsa State (Photos) by mechanics(m): 8:03pm On Jul 29, 2019
free fish, some people won't buy fish for a month.
Re: Whale Killed And Butchered In Brass, Bayelsa State (Photos) by NwanyiOkpa(f): 8:03pm On Jul 29, 2019
Some women are even there

Whale blood will now enter their vagina. Disgusting!
Re: Whale Killed And Butchered In Brass, Bayelsa State (Photos) by Ekstraz(m): 8:08pm On Jul 29, 2019
NaijaOlosho:
These are images of a grounded whale � (fish) has been making the rounds this morning.

The Whale was reported to have been swept to the beach in the shaws of Okpoama and Onyekia communities in Brass Local government area of Bayelsa State on Sunday 28/07/2019.

>>> https://grovenaija360.com/huge-whale-killed-and-butchered-in-bayelsa-state-photos/

Saw this baby whale offshore close our platform when it struggled to his own death because it swam too close to shallow waters where the sea temperature is not conducive for it to survive or oil exploration installation. It died on Friday 11:35am close to eket. The carcass finally found its way to okpoama? Wow Nature!!! Surprise to see it on naira land
Re: Whale Killed And Butchered In Brass, Bayelsa State (Photos) by DidiLove1: 8:18pm On Jul 29, 2019
engrsyer:

Whales are not fish. They are mammals.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Woman's Microchip Implant In Her Hand Goes Viral ( Pics) / This Fish is Able To Kill Snakes & Other Animals While Walking On Land (Video) / Www.waptrick.com. How To Download Waptrick On Your Mobile Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.