Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

Atheist Is A Depressing Religion. Discuss - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Is A Depressing Religion. Discuss (3786 Views)

Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? / Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! / Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist Is A Depressing Religion. Discuss by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 31, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Just as you who front for a satanist called Abdulfatai, who is a top satanist but you come here to pose as a Christian to deceive the gullible into worshipping your idol. cool
You aren't better off than him, pot and kettle calling each other black
Re: Atheist Is A Depressing Religion. Discuss by Nuhvey(m): 9:02pm On Jul 31, 2019
legitnow:
Most Atheist dont realise that Athesism is also a religion.

The only difference is they worship materialism.

This is basically modern day idol worship of all things seen.

We the christians and muslims believe in an invisible God.

It takes something invisible to create the visible.

This is wat we christians and muslims understand, which Atheist dont.

Our God is omnipotent, Omniscient, Omnipresent.

Nothing is greater

What the f**k mate?

1 Like

Re: Atheist Is A Depressing Religion. Discuss by malvisguy212: 9:03pm On Jul 31, 2019
Michellekabod2:
No offense but what you posted Doesn't make sense
alright.
Re: Atheist Is A Depressing Religion. Discuss by legitnow: 6:41pm On Aug 01, 2019
Nuhvey:

What the f**k mate?

If u no sabi, talk, we go teach u.
Re: Atheist Is A Depressing Religion. Discuss by 0temSapien: 9:07pm On Aug 03, 2019
rekinomtla:

How about Laveyan satanism, a materialistic religion which rejects the existence of God, gods or demons.

Btw what's the name of the religion you adhere to?
I am only talking about atheism, I don't know any Laveyan anywhere.

I neither do religion, nor am I an atheist. Rather I am a knower of God Almighty, the creator of Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu, Moloch, Olorun etc.
Re: Atheist Is A Depressing Religion. Discuss by rekinomtla(m): 10:40am On Aug 04, 2019
0temSapien:
I am only talking about atheism, I don't know any Laveyan anywhere.

Laveyan satanism is a religion practiced by atheists grin so "atheism" isn't the opposite of religion as you said.

I neither do religion, nor am I an atheist. Rather I am a knower of God Almighty, the creator of Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu, Moloch, Olorun etc.

How and when did your god create those deities?
Re: Atheist Is A Depressing Religion. Discuss by 0temSapien: 4:34pm On Aug 04, 2019
rekinomtla:

Laveyan satanism is a religion practiced by atheists grin so "atheism" isn't the opposite of religion as you said.

How and when did your god create those deities?
Hear it once again, atheism disbelieves the existence of God/gods while religions believe in at least one god or deity. This is opposite of each other. Laveyan Satanism is not atheism.

The fact that I, Otem, go to church some times doesn't make Otemic lifestyle same as christianity. I might even sing christian songs and speak kabash, that doesn't make Christianity amount to Otemic way of life. Do you get it?

For your second question, I don't have a god that created any deity. Atum, my good friend who was once one of the gods of Egypt didn't create any deity, but God Almighty, the Totality of Existence, is the maker of all the deities, including Jehovah, Allah, Moloch, Atum. God Almighty is not a personal god as you religious ones have, rather, it is the summation of Consciousness and Totality of Existence. Without it, Jehovah, Allah and other puny gods like them wouldn't have existed.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Is A Depressing Religion. Discuss by rekinomtla(m): 5:45pm On Aug 04, 2019
0temSapien:
Hear it once again, atheism disbelieves the existence of God/gods while religions believe in at least one god or deity. This is opposite of each other
So why aren't u religious? grin you believe in the existence of gods.

Laveyan Satanism is not atheism.
Yes it is, the followers of LS don't believe in the existence of deities.

The fact that I, Otem, go to church some times doesn't make Otemic lifestyle same as christianity. I might even sing christian songs and speak kabash, that doesn't make Christianity amount to Otemic way of life. Do you get it?
Obviously.

For your second question, I don't have a god that created any deity. Atum, my good friend who was once one of the gods of Egypt didn't create any deity, but God Almighty, the Totality of Existence, is the maker of all the deities, including Jehovah, Allah, Moloch, Atum. God Almighty is not a personal god as you religious ones have, rather, it is the summation of Consciousness and Totality of Existence. Without it, Jehovah, Allah and other puny gods like them wouldn't have existed.
How do you know all this?
Re: Atheist Is A Depressing Religion. Discuss by GodWrites: 8:48pm On Aug 04, 2019
You've got to see how speedy i jumped into this thread, only to meet ignorance right at the opening gate. Like seriously? shocked

Op, saw dust full your brain.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist Is A Depressing Religion. Discuss by 0temSapien: 11:24am On Aug 14, 2019
rekinomtla:
So why aren't u religious? grin you believe in the existence of gods.
I know that every single living soul is a god. I am a god, so you are. Jehovah is not more of a god than you and I, only that you may not have discovered yourself to be a god yet, but for me I have.

:
Yes it is, the followers of LS don't believe in the existence of deities.
Okay.

:
How do you know all this?
I went into the spiritual realms. I still go there often and I see things.
Re: Atheist Is A Depressing Religion. Discuss by rekinomtla(m): 12:42pm On Aug 14, 2019
0temSapien:

I know that every single living soul is a god. I am a god, so you are. Jehovah is not more of a god than you and I, only that you may not have discovered yourself to be a god yet, but for me I have.
So dogs and cats are also gods according to your religion?

Okay.
Hence atheism isn't the opposite of religion.

I went into the spiritual realms. I still go there often and I see things.
Lol did you use DMT to get there?
Re: Atheist Is A Depressing Religion. Discuss by 0temSapien: 1:26pm On Aug 17, 2019
rekinomtla:

So dogs and cats are also gods according to your religion?

Cats and dogs create experiences. They are also gods. Cats create a sound you cannot create, dogs bark. Can you bark?

A god is a creator of something, according to the Otemic principle. Can you create dog shit or cat shit. Can you create the movement of cats and dogs?

You are also a god in your own way, because you can create what a dog and a cat cannot create. The combination of all gods, including you, dogs, cats, rats, rain, sunshine etc is GOD ALMIGHTY. You are a fragment of God Almighty, same as Yahweh, Allah, Moloch, me, Atum, goats, cats, plants, trees, etc. That's why if you decide to worship any thing, no external force will kill you. Yahweh does not have power over those who worship sand or stones. So also does breeze, water, air, etc do not have power over those who worship Yahweh, Allah, themselves, etc.

But worshipping nothing at all is the best, because if you actually want to worship God Almighty wholesomely, you have to worship everything in existence and how can anyone do such?

Now let me explain what God is again: God is the TOTALITY OF EXISTENCE, THE SUMMATION OF CONSCIOUSNESSES, etc.

The sum total of Jehovah your god, Atum, Moloch, Allah, Myself, Yourself, all animals, all planets, all plants etc are just a very insignificant fragment of God Almighty, that's why we can be called 'gods' rather than God Almighty itself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist Is A Depressing Religion. Discuss by 0temSapien: 1:31pm On Aug 17, 2019
rekinomtla:

Hence atheism isn't the opposite of religion
Do you mean to say that an insignificant sect out of the whole of atheism defines the whole concept behind atheism?
For example, the Ethiopians who regard Haille Sellasie as Almighty God and still maintain that they are Christians, does that define the whole of Christianity? They even smoke weed to get inspiration, lol grin Does that mean that all Christians believe in smoking weed to get inspiration?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist Is A Depressing Religion. Discuss by 0temSapien: 1:32pm On Aug 17, 2019
rekinomtla:

Lol did you use DMT to get there?
I go there naturally.
Re: Atheist Is A Depressing Religion. Discuss by rekinomtla(m): 1:58pm On Aug 18, 2019
0temSapien:
Do you mean to say that an insignificant sect out of the whole of atheism defines the whole concept behind atheism?
For example, the Ethiopians who regard Haille Sellasie as Almighty God and still maintain that they are Christians, does that define the whole of Christianity? They even smoke weed to get inspiration, lol grin Does that mean that all Christians believe in smoking weed to get inspiration?

grin so basically what you saying is they ain't true atheists. True atheists cannot be religious because atheism is the opposite of religion.
Re: Atheist Is A Depressing Religion. Discuss by 0temSapien: 7:00am On Aug 19, 2019
rekinomtla:

grin so basically what you saying is they ain't true atheists. True atheists cannot be religious because atheism is the opposite of religion.
I don't conclude. You should look at them the same way you'd have looked at an Olumba Olumba member or at a christian smoking Indian Hemp to get inspiration from their god.
Re: Atheist Is A Depressing Religion. Discuss by rekinomtla(m): 10:33am On Aug 19, 2019
0temSapien:
I don't conclude. You should look at them the same way you'd have looked at an Olumba Olumba member or at a christian smoking Indian Hemp to get inspiration from their god.

Olumba members are not true christians, that's how I look at them grin their doctrines goes against the core teachings of christ. On the other hand, atheism is just the lack of belief in God, so followers of laveyan satanism are 100% atheist.
Re: Atheist Is A Depressing Religion. Discuss by 0temSapien: 1:14am On Aug 20, 2019
rekinomtla:

Olumba members are not true christians, that's how I look at them grin their doctrines goes against the core teachings of christ. On the other hand, atheism is just the lack of belief in God, so followers of laveyan satanism are 100% atheist.
Laveyan Satanism isn't atheism. It's what they say they are-- Satanism.
Re: Atheist Is A Depressing Religion. Discuss by rekinomtla(m): 9:47am On Aug 20, 2019
0temSapien:
Laveyan Satanism isn't atheism. It's what they say they are-- Satanism.

But they identify as atheists. They reject the existence of gods and only use Satan symbolically.
Re: Atheist Is A Depressing Religion. Discuss by LordReed(m): 11:56am On Aug 20, 2019
Give a dog a bad name so you can hang it.
Re: Atheist Is A Depressing Religion. Discuss by 0temSapien: 2:22pm On Aug 20, 2019
rekinomtla:

But they identify as atheists. They reject the existence of gods and only use Satan symbolically.
Is Sat Guru Maharaji a Christian?
Re: Atheist Is A Depressing Religion. Discuss by rekinomtla(m): 3:23pm On Aug 20, 2019
0temSapien:
Is Sat Guru Maharaji a Christian?

No, but he is a theist since he believes in God. It's very easy to be a theist, all you need to do is believe in the existence of a personal God.

Likewise it's very easy to be an atheist, all you got to do is reject the existence of all deities which is exactly what LS adherents do. They don't believe in the existence of gods yet you want to tell me they still not atheists? grin
Re: Atheist Is A Depressing Religion. Discuss by 0temSapien: 3:37pm On Aug 20, 2019
rekinomtla:

No, but he is a theist since he believes in God. It's very easy to be a theist, all you need to do is believe in the existence of a personal God.

Likewise it's very easy to be an atheist, all you got to do is reject the existence of all deities which is exactly what LS adherents do. They don't believe in the existence of gods yet you want to tell me they still not atheists? grin

Chewing sticks wash the teeth clean, Close Up brushes the teeth clean. Close up is a toothpaste but chewing stick is not.

Now back to your analogy: Laveyan Satanists don't believe in the gods, Atheists don't believe in the gods. Atheists practise atheism but Laveyan Satanist don't.

One more, Whales live in water, fishes live in water. Fishes are Pisces but Whales are not.

That Laveyan Satanists exhibit one of the features of atheism doesn't make them atheists. Learn.
Re: Atheist Is A Depressing Religion. Discuss by budaatum: 4:02pm On Aug 20, 2019
It's not your belief or lack of it that makes one religious. If you are on here every day religiously discussing God you are religious. It does not mean you have a religion, just that you are religiously here.

As to op, Niflheim has given the response it deserves and those with compassion should send op money so he can go to school and learn.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist Is A Depressing Religion. Discuss by rekinomtla(m): 4:12pm On Aug 20, 2019
0temSapien:

Chewing sticks wash the teeth clean, Close Up brushes the teeth clean. Close up is a toothpaste but chewing stick is not.

Now back to your analogy: Laveyan Satanists don't believe in the gods, Atheists don't believe in the gods. Atheists practise atheism but Laveyan Satanist don't.

One more, Whales live in water, fishes live in water. Fishes are Pisces but Whales are not.

That Laveyan Satanists exhibit one of the features of atheism doesn't make them atheists. Learn.
Lmao those are obviously false analogies. To be an atheist all that is required is the lack of belief in deities. Anyone who does that is an atheist by definition. An appropriate analogy can be made with theism. Theism is the belief in the existence of deities so anyone who believes in gods are by definition theists.
Re: Atheist Is A Depressing Religion. Discuss by budaatum: 4:39pm On Aug 20, 2019
rekinomtla:
Theism is the belief in the existence of deities so anyone who believes in gods are by definition theists.
Your definition leaves me in limbo!

Theism is the acknowledgement of the existence of God. One may not 'believe' but know instead.

Jesus, for instance was a theist. He did not merely believe but knew his Father was in Heaven.
Re: Atheist Is A Depressing Religion. Discuss by 0temSapien: 4:40pm On Aug 20, 2019
rekinomtla:
Lmao those are obviously false analogies. To be an atheist all that is required is the lack of belief in deities. Anyone who does that is an atheist by definition. An appropriate analogy can be made with theism. Theism is the belief in the existence of deities so anyone who believes in gods are by definition theists.
it's a lie. If you believed in deities, you are a polytheist, not a theist.
Re: Atheist Is A Depressing Religion. Discuss by rekinomtla(m): 4:44pm On Aug 20, 2019
0temSapien:
it's a lie. If you believed in deities, you are a polytheist, not a theist.

Polytheism is a sub category of theism. Just like monotheism.
Re: Atheist Is A Depressing Religion. Discuss by rekinomtla(m): 4:46pm On Aug 20, 2019
budaatum:

Your definition leaves me in limbo!

Theism is the acknowledgement of the existence of God. One may not 'believe' but know instead.

Jesus, for instance was a theist. He did not merely believe but knew his Father was in Heaven.

So would that mean all atheists on this forum were never actually theists?
Re: Atheist Is A Depressing Religion. Discuss by 0temSapien: 4:52pm On Aug 20, 2019
rekinomtla:

Polytheism is a sub category of theism. Just like monotheism.
Same way Laveyan Satanism is a subcategory of Satanism, not atheism grin

Read what I got from internet about Laveyan Satanism:

Wikipedia: LaVeyan Satanism is a religion founded in 1966 by the American occultist and author Anton Szandor LaVey. Scholars of religion have classified it as a new religious movement and a form of Western esotericism. It is one of several different movements that describe themselves as forms of Satanism.
Re: Atheist Is A Depressing Religion. Discuss by budaatum: 4:59pm On Aug 20, 2019
rekinomtla:

So would that mean all atheists on this forum were never actually theists?
I was an atheist who had never been a theist. I knew there were no gods. If I could have existed then others might too.

Also, one may believe in God's existence and not worship God. The Lord Lord people spring to mind, and some define them as atheists.
Re: Atheist Is A Depressing Religion. Discuss by rekinomtla(m): 5:04pm On Aug 20, 2019
0temSapien:
Same way Laveyan Satanism is a subcategory of Satanism, not atheism grin

Read what I got from internet about Laveyan Satanism:

You keep digging yourself in a bigger hole. grin beats me why you so desperate to not be wrong on atheism being the opposite of religion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Wrote The Bible And Why It Matters / Reflection/homily: Third (3rd) Sunday Of Easter Year C (april 14 2013) / Bible Emergency Numbers — Call John 3:16; John 11:25-26; Hebrews 2:14-15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.