Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Ghosting ! How to deal with been ghosted by someone you love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ghosting ! How to deal with been ghosted by someone you love (4522 Views)

Have You Ever Been Ghosted By Your Partner? Share Your Experience. / Why Is Ghosting So Hurtful? / Have You Ever Been Ghosted Or Have You Ever Ghosted Someone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghosting ! How to deal with been ghosted by someone you love by Nobody: 11:02pm On Aug 03, 2019
Ghosting, like the entity, is the act of leaving a communication, relationship or interaction without a smokescreen. It sucks and hurts badly but it's sometimes the best way some people remove people from their circle.

Imagine you met a very pretty lady and you get talking, and immediately hitting it off. The chat was magical, everyday she is there waiting to talk to you or telling you stuff about herself then all of a sudden , Nothing.

Day one, no hello! You send a message; unread.

Day two nothing! Message from yesterday is still unread but she uploads a status.

Day 6 , nothing! More status. You send another message no reply.

2 Weeks nothing ! You're fustrated.

1 month nothing ! Voice note and more messages , still unread.

No fight, no quarrel or bad vibe; infact you both ended the chat the night before with the promise of marriage. You tried to chat her / him and get some random excuses, or one text replies. Mr Man, you have been Ghosted

Here are tips on how to deal with such suitation

1. Acknowledge the facts before you eyes. Some people just can not take that sort of rejection so they try to beg, explain or fight her. Bad idea!

2. If you really like the person so much and want something to work leave them for a while. Give them space.

3. Only message 3 times after the initial ghosting is dictated:

i. First to " check up" this is to ascertain the
level of ghosting ( She replies and explain,
She replies but one word, she ignores )

ii. Second is to ask about her problems " some
ghosting are due to genuine problems, this
helps to know for sure.
iii. Find a special event to talk about, her
birthday, your birthday or some place you
want to see.

If after this messages and still the responses are still cold or she is completely ignoring you.

Don't try to convince or explain get some dignity close all communication ( strongly advice you delete number, and distant yourself )

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghosting ! How to deal with been ghosted by someone you love by Nobody: 11:10pm On Aug 03, 2019
Thank you. smiley
Re: Ghosting ! How to deal with been ghosted by someone you love by pocohantas(f): 11:18pm On Aug 03, 2019
MariaLavina:
Thank you. smiley

Lmao. Babe, them done do you the thing?

The "thank you" though. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Ghosting ! How to deal with been ghosted by someone you love by ibkayee(f): 11:21pm On Aug 03, 2019
A 3rd 'checkup' is even too much, after the 2nd attempt just to confirm they're still alive, you bounce. Easier said than done but try to give the same energy they're giving you

4 Likes

Re: Ghosting ! How to deal with been ghosted by someone you love by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 03, 2019
ibkayee:
A 3rd 'checkup' is even too much, after the 2nd attempt just to confirm they're still alive, you bounce. Easier said than done but try to give the same energy they're giving you
I agree, but affection might be strong then. The third is giving you the chance to come to terms with the situation.
Re: Ghosting ! How to deal with been ghosted by someone you love by ibkayee(f): 11:33pm On Aug 03, 2019
Amakavula:
I agree, but affection might be strong then. The third is giving you the chance to come to terms with the situation.
True

The way you handle it will definitely depend on the level of emotional investment, but that's just my 'ideal' way to handle it cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ghosting ! How to deal with been ghosted by someone you love by Martinez39(m): 11:34pm On Aug 03, 2019
1) Grow up

2) Have some self-respect.

3) If someone is not serious with you and is not straight forward, discard him/her immediately. If someone is not interested, let them be. No love is better than one sided love. Never force love on someone that won't reciprocate — it's disastrous!

4) Realise that there is no such thing as the one destined for you. It's not written anyway that you must love and marry that guy or lady. If you don't date or marry that guy or lady, heaven won't fall. Don't kill yourself on top on one person. If they are not serious or not interested, discard them sharp sharp and move on.

5) Rejection is normal. It doesn't mean you are inferior or inadequate. Just as you don't have feelings for every member of the opposite sex, not every member of the opposite sex will have feelings for you. It's not uncommon for it to be that, among those of the opposite sex that have no feelings for you, your crush is a member. Learn to respect people's decisions like a matured mind and note that not everything in life will go the way you want. Sometimes we have to chop our L and move forward.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghosting ! How to deal with been ghosted by someone you love by iLegendd(m): 11:35pm On Aug 03, 2019
Deleted: *Comment no longer available in your region*

4 Likes

Re: Ghosting ! How to deal with been ghosted by someone you love by Nobody: 11:40pm On Aug 03, 2019
pocohantas:

we have experienced it one way or another, maybe you are moving too fast, the other person, drops slows and disappear only to appear again.

1 Like

Re: Ghosting ! How to deal with been ghosted by someone you love by ifex370(m): 11:48pm On Aug 03, 2019
Did I just read tutorials on ghosting?
Re: Ghosting ! How to deal with been ghosted by someone you love by ifex370(m): 11:49pm On Aug 03, 2019
Amakavula:
we have experienced it one way or another, maybe you are moving too fast, the other person, drops slows and disappear only to appear again.

I really don't mind being ghosted by you, pretty lady shocked
Re: Ghosting ! How to deal with been ghosted by someone you love by Deicide: 3:13am On Aug 04, 2019
Op Pele o, who ghost you cheesy
Re: Ghosting ! How to deal with been ghosted by someone you love by Useku(m): 4:21am On Aug 04, 2019
Deleting the contact works wonders.

I like the feeling when they eventually attempt reaching you and discover you don't have their contact anymore.

Then the chaser becomes the chased

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghosting ! How to deal with been ghosted by someone you love by Nobody: 5:51am On Aug 04, 2019
Deicide:
Op Pele o, who ghost you cheesy
Money, dear grin
Re: Ghosting ! How to deal with been ghosted by someone you love by CosmicPhoenix: 5:56am On Aug 04, 2019
if someone ghosts you,just call the ghostbusters cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghosting ! How to deal with been ghosted by someone you love by Nobody: 5:58am On Aug 04, 2019
ifex370:

I really don't mind being ghosted by you, pretty lady shocked
I wouldn't do that to you. ; )
Re: Ghosting ! How to deal with been ghosted by someone you love by ifex370(m): 8:29am On Aug 04, 2019
Amakavula:
I wouldn't do that to you. ; )

Do you mind me being part of your inner circle embarassed

A pretty girl like you should always be loved and checked upon.
Re: Ghosting ! How to deal with been ghosted by someone you love by LilMissFavvy(f): 8:33am On Aug 04, 2019
I haven't read everything, but my advice to any lady who experiences the ghosting stuff is to delete the mans number off your phone and move on.

2 Likes

Re: Ghosting ! How to deal with been ghosted by someone you love by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 04, 2019
pocohantas:

Lol, that thing dey pain honestly. Then you begin to wonder if the problem is from you or the other person.

Lol, no mind me I suppose add popcorn give op self. grin

Re: Ghosting ! How to deal with been ghosted by someone you love by Deicide: 8:36pm On Aug 04, 2019
Amakavula:
Money, dear grin
Talk tru jare, Which boy mk you create this thread. grin
Re: Ghosting ! How to deal with been ghosted by someone you love by Mynd44: 5:10am On Aug 06, 2019
Martinez39:
1) Grow up

3) If someone is not serious with you and is not straight forward, discard him/her immediately. If someone is not interested, let them be. No love is better than one sided love. Never force love on someone that won't reciprocate — it's disastrous!

4) Realise that there is no such thing as the one destined for you. It's not written anyway that you must love and marry that guy or lady. If you don't date or marry that guy or lady, heaven won't fall. Don't kill yourself on top on one person. If they are not serious or not interested, discard them sharp sharp and move on.

5) Rejection is normal. It doesn't mean you are inferior or inadequate. Just as you don't have feelings for every member of the opposite sex, not every member of the opposite sex will have feelings for you. It's not uncommon for it to be that, among those of the opposite sex that have no feelings for you, your crush is a member. Learn to respect people's decisions like a matured mind and note that not everything in life will go the way you want. Sometimes we have to chop our L and move forward.

Until you get ghosted by someone you have dated for 18 months, this isn't valid. Even the OP Isn't valid.

It hurts and breaks people. You have so much history and emotions everywhere and suddenly, he or she just leaves. No good bye, no messages just black space.

Nah, that shi is not even the stuff of demons, it is the stuff of the devil himself/herself

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ghosting ! How to deal with been ghosted by someone you love by BLUEJAYY: 6:59am On Aug 06, 2019
grin

I wouldn't ghost anyone. I endeavour to always keep an open line of communication for all.

Also, if you are ghosting me, you shouldn't feel guilty because I might not even notice it. I'm a really busy person. smiley
Re: Ghosting ! How to deal with been ghosted by someone you love by Martinez19(m): 11:51pm On Aug 06, 2019
Mynd44:

Until you get ghosted by someone you have dated for 18 months, this isn't valid. Even the OP Isn't valid.

It hurts and breaks people. You have so much history and emotions everywhere and suddenly, he or she just leaves. No good bye, no messages just black space.

Nah, that shi is not even the stuff of demons, it is the stuff of the devil himself/herself
That's why you have to listen to ubunja, myself and other red pill men on nairaland. Only fools give their all for their fellow human being all in the name of relationship without demanding an equal reciprocal input from their significant other. Either she contributes as much as you giving to the relationship or she can go through the exit door. Also, no relationship must cost you your dreams instead both of you should be beneficial to each other's dreams and ambitions without one being put aside for the other. If all these can't be achieved, you both are not compatible. If you have this kind of relationship, can you be pained when she ghosts you? As you gave so you received and your dreams weren't hindered, so where is the loss in that? Common sense 101.

Chances are, you, like the foolish and dishonest NL girls, are one of those who tag men like lukui, ubunja, myself and others as broke, frustrated, unable to get women and inferior. Get wisdom and grow up bro. Start reading our topics and take them to front page so that you and other men like you can learn.

Las las, you will face reality and dump Hollywood brain washing and see that relationships, sex and marriage are overrated. Love doesn't exist. A man can love a woman in the true sense of love but a woman cannot do the same for a man. Women only like what you can provide for them and how you make them feel. They are all like that.

#Martinez39

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghosting ! How to deal with been ghosted by someone you love by Mynd44: 7:07am On Aug 07, 2019
Martinez19:
That's why you have to listen to ubunja, myself and other red pill men on nairaland. Only fools give their all for their fellow human being all in the name of relationship without demanding an equal reciprocal input from their significant other. Either she contributes as much as you giving to the relationship or she can go through the exit door. Also, no relationship must cost you your dreams instead both of you should be beneficial to each other's dreams and ambitions without one being put aside for the other. If all these can't be achieved, you both are not compatible. If you have this kind of relationship, can you be pained when she ghosts you? As you gave so you received and your dreams weren't hindered, so where is the loss in that? Common sense 101.

Chances are, you, like the foolish and dishonest NL girls, are one of those who tag men like lukui, ubunja, myself and others as broke, frustrated, unable to get women and inferior. Get wisdom and grow up bro. Start reading our topics and take them to front page so that you and other men like you can learn.

Las las, you will face reality and dump Hollywood brain washing and see that relationships, sex and marriage are overrated. Love doesn't exist. A man can love a woman in the true sense of love but a woman cannot do the same for a man. Women only like what you can provide for them and how you make them feel. They are all like that.

#Martinez39

How does a party contributing equal amount of emotions or financial responsibility remove the confusion and emotions of sadness if the other party is ghosted?

Does this make sense to you?

Oh, because someone says something about a topic doesn't mean it is from personal experience

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghosting ! How to deal with been ghosted by someone you love by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:16am On Aug 07, 2019
Interesting topic.
Brb...

2 Likes

Re: Ghosting ! How to deal with been ghosted by someone you love by Martinez19(m): 7:24am On Aug 07, 2019
Mynd44:

How does a party contributing equal amount of emotions or financial responsibility remove the confusion and emotions of sadness if the other party is ghosted?
You lost nothing. If you are grown up; you know that unserious people are not worth your time; you know that life can't always go your way; and you shouldn't stress yourself over unserious people, ghosting can't crush you. That's why the first thing on my list was "grow up". You seriously need to grow up.

When your babe ghosts you, see it as unseriousness of a high order and discard her for life. Such a woman is unserious and a waste of time. Is such person worth your time?

Yes it does. May redpill sense fall on you bro.

Oh, because someone says something about a topic doesn't mean it is from personal experience
So yours isn't from personal experience? Why then have you been countering me like you perfectly know what you are saying?

Are you sure you are not speaking from experience? grin

Re: Ghosting ! How to deal with been ghosted by someone you love by Rossycee(f): 10:48am On Aug 07, 2019
It's simple move on, though it hurts but one should have a self worth.
Re: Ghosting ! How to deal with been ghosted by someone you love by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 07, 2019
Mynd44:

Thanks Mynd44 for this, you understand.
Re: Ghosting ! How to deal with been ghosted by someone you love by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 07, 2019
Mynd44:

I am not invalid in Jesus name !!
Re: Ghosting ! How to deal with been ghosted by someone you love by MrMacinterchi1: 9:32am On Aug 24, 2019
Amakavula:
I am not invalid in Jesus name !!

How can I make money to stop ghosting me!
Re: Ghosting ! How to deal with been ghosted by someone you love by Starz825(m): 10:17am On Aug 24, 2019
Martinez39:
1) Grow up

Too much sense dey dis write up...this is the matured way to think in situation like this

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghosting ! How to deal with been ghosted by someone you love by Biglittlelois(f): 11:24am On Aug 24, 2019
BLUEJAYY:
grin

I wouldn't ghost anyone. I endeavour to always keep an open line of communication for all.

Also, if you are ghosting me, you shouldn't feel guilty because I might not even notice it. I'm a really busy person. smiley

So much self involved and self praise, ewwww.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What I Caught My Babe Doing With Her Uncle Yesterday (pics&video). / "Lekki Babes Ain't For Small Boys" / I Proposed To Her And She Said Yes And Her Parents Agreed Too.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.