Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,554 members, 7,816,344 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k (89568 Views)

Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry / Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So / It Is 7 Years Since Rashidi Yekini Passed Away (Tribute Videos And Pictures). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by bluefilm: 9:31pm On Aug 04, 2019
Na that rashidi cause am na.

Why im no plan for im mama and family even when im dey make cool dollars playing in europe?

Na wa o!
Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by Paulo3ree(m): 9:35pm On Aug 04, 2019
jaybee3:
How many interventions does she need though?

Jarus and some other kwarans raised funds for her couple of years back
You that is liking how much have you generated in your business so far as a vibrant person talkless of a senior citizen(contributed her qouter and now like a baby)

Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by Victorbaron: 9:39pm On Aug 04, 2019
The person who posted this story should hv done her some good by posting her house address Nd location so as to get us the public to help her directly with food stuffs or monies.
Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by lebron7(m): 9:40pm On Aug 04, 2019
SLAP44:
In some parts of the country, anyone who ever plays for the national team of foreign clubs will be expected to leave a house and wealth for their children and parents before they pass on.
It's not about this, no matter how bad Nigeria is he is sure to still have made good money
So the question is WHAT DID RASHIDI YEKINI USE HIS MONEY FOR?
Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by lebron7(m): 9:44pm On Aug 04, 2019
kechywillz:
Don't sacrifice ur life for Nigeria for anything
Dis RASHIDI sacrifice his life?
He only did his job, nothing more
Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by Metouu(m): 9:46pm On Aug 04, 2019
jaybee3:
How many interventions does she need though?

Jarus and some other kwarans raised funds for her couple of years back
do you know if she ever get any?
Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by stagger: 9:48pm On Aug 04, 2019
I thought a politician empowered here when this story first broke some time ago. Why are we back here again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RamwFfZ6xwM

A Foundation even opened an account for her with a bank which she is said to control directly.
There is something happening within the family that we are not being told.

2 Likes

Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by Teymanhenry(f): 9:51pm On Aug 04, 2019
only if he had supported his family. I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have been in this situation.
Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by newwater: 9:53pm On Aug 04, 2019
Metouu:

Akolawole:
Yekini has done more than enough for Mama to LIVE WELL till she died.

After US '94, he bought Mama a house.

Yekini has houses in Ibadan and he is NOT one of those foolish players who spend on nonsense.

His death was mysterious in the hands of the family.

Nigerians havens come to the aid of Mama few years ago and Yekini has done well for Mama.

Something is wrong somewhere.
Metouu:

Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by Oluwamuyiwa019: 9:54pm On Aug 04, 2019
Today ehn. I finally made up my long time decision. I GAVE UP ON NIGERIA �� �. This woman should be celebrated and honored
Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:56pm On Aug 04, 2019
kernel001:

Forget what?... How much is minimum wage in Nigeria, was his son not paid handsomely?, let's stop being emotional.
u de mind them ask who remembers the jobless struggling graduate...yekini kids have all finished school self and am sure mama is doing well...this one na side hustle...

1 Like

Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by Metouu(m): 9:56pm On Aug 04, 2019
[quote author=newwater post=80943877]

she's really suffering from the looks of things
Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by stagger: 9:58pm On Aug 04, 2019
Yekini's lawyer had made a statement some time ago that there is a 3-storey building and shops which Yekini had left for his mother. Someone is misappropriating the money from those places.

How can Yekini's daughters be schooling abroad and his mother is living in these conditions? The family members should be queried. The line of action that should be taken is simple: legal action to ensure that her son's investments go to her directly and not being usurped by useless family members.

These donations that come in once in a while will not solve anything.
Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by Automatic3444(m): 10:00pm On Aug 04, 2019
Pvssy:
Damn!

And we busy lavishing and promoting one stupid show called BBN where pre-marital sex, romance, nudity, substance abuse and all ills in the world are exhubited.

This is one of the reasons it can't be well with this country.

It's a curse. God just using our leaders and pastors to manifest it on our populace.

Nice one
Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by ArticleBeast: 10:00pm On Aug 04, 2019
fardes:
i write in capital letter that YOU ARE A CRAZY MAN WITH NO DOUBT.
Life is crazy.
Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by stagger: 10:02pm On Aug 04, 2019
A popular blog published a statement from Yekini's lawyer three years ago:

Jubril Mohamed, the lawyer to late Nigerian footballer, Rashidi Yekini, has said that his client never neglected his family, including his mother, while he was alive.

Mr. Mohammed said Yekini helped not only his family but also those he had no relationship with.

“Contrary to the widespread rumour trending on the social media where Rashidi Yekini’s mother Sikiratu Yekini is seen standing an impoverished woman hawking bread for survival, I have to come out strongly to condemn in strong terms the malicious attempt by the uninformed sets of people who are set to tarnish the good image of late Rashidi Yekini as a prodigal son who never took care of his family especially his mother,” he said in a statement on Saturday.

Mr. Mohammed attached to his statement pictures of the house Yekini built for his mother before he died. He said the Nigerian legend’s mother had always been a petty trader even when her son was alive.

“This background building of Yekini`s mother picture trending online is actually a garage in the 4 flats built by my late client in Ijagbo few kilometre to Offa and about 9 kilometres away from his village, Ira.

Even before the demise of Rashidi, the woman had always been in charge of the rent of the building which runs into to several hundreds of thousands of naira without Rashidi interfering.

“The Boy`s quarters at the back of the main building as at 2006 was around N48,000.00 each, while each 3 bedroom flat in the main building goes for about N80,000.00 each or more which brought her annual income from rent of the building to about half a million naira despite the fact that Rashidi was always sending pocket money to her and her siblings.

Apart from this, Rashidi made sure he empowered his entire sibling by opening one of the best hairdressing saloon for his late sister, late Rofiat, who also died in 2014.”

“Even after the death of Rashidi, nobody, not even his two daughters have ever interfered on who takes the rent.

Not even the ex-wives, on behalf of their respective daughters ever query the mother about the income from the building.

I wonder how she is now starving. Two of her children are dead (Rashidi and Rofiat) leaving only Ismaila and Akeem. Ismaila is based in Kaduna with his family.

While Hakeem is the only person living with her with his wife. How is she starving? Can an old woman exhaust over half a million on feeding alone in a year?”

The lawyer said he was not opposed to any further help for Yekini’s mother.

“I am not against any further assistance by any well meaning Nigerian to her but I owe my late client the duty to set the record straight and because of the negative reactions on social media especially through Sahara Reporter which portray Rashidi as an irresponsible son, who never cared about his family.

I am seriously upset about the impression being created by the people who have read the unfortunate story.

The gospel and uncontroverted truth is that Rashidi made adequate provision for his mother.

The questions that we should be asking is how are his two daughters faring and who is responsible for their education and upkeep,” he said.

https://www..ng/talk-zone/rashidi-yekini-never-neglected-mother-lawyer

Please it is time to investigate this matter thoroughly.

1 Like

Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by kunkelhanspeter(m): 10:11pm On Aug 04, 2019
I thought they have helped her before?
The fool posting this online what have you done to help her ?
No amount is too small
Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 04, 2019
I love this
Optional09:
She should be put in old people’s home where she will wake up go to the gym, go to dinning three times daily, watch movies and participate in dance programs. I think Nigerian government should be man enough to have such program for old people who can not afford a good life by theirselves

That’s why we asked you to do revolution at least to put some things in order but some of nna think say na Sowore dey craze.

1 Like

Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by Unconquerable: 10:20pm On Aug 04, 2019
This woman's miserable stories never ends. Last time she was assisted by Senator Saraki etc. Seem to me she's an old drama queen. Innumerable old women like her are suffering, without having been assisted even once. Those close to her should tell her to stop the attention seeking.

1 Like

Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by kenesh(f): 10:27pm On Aug 04, 2019
johnmartus:
Creator will not forgive okocha.
Okocha how?? What is his own??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by Lovelyn451(f): 10:28pm On Aug 04, 2019
Osinbajo has taken note, he'll pay her a visit cos that's his new job recently
Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by eleko1: 10:29pm On Aug 04, 2019
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry undecided undecided undecided sad angry angry sad sad angry
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Why didn't her son invest his money instead he wasted it on juju till he went mad.
angry[quote author=NwaAmaikpe post=80940049] shocked.Young man! U are conFused.? Hooe U too will not drag basket/roll tyre from Akwa ibom to kebbi one day.This iz dumb nothing funny
Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by Tnity1: 10:34pm On Aug 04, 2019
It’s so sad that the mother of a soccer Legend is living in this kind of mess and the government aren’t saying anything about it or the Co players.. [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by doctokwus: 10:35pm On Aug 04, 2019
Luckybelt:
But what are the Nigerian multi-millionaires footballers of these days doing to help others ? The other day, Otedola paid Christian Chukwu s hospital bills.
That Christian Chukwu own was quite perplexing and somehow vexed me to some extent.
This was a man that played football,coached Rangers off and off for a good number of years,was Super Eagles coach,and got a house in Festac and Enugu probably from the government.
Yet at the end could not foot his medical bills.
So what did he do with his income,even if he wasn't wealthy or was he not paid as a footballer and coach for several years?

1 Like

Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by shukudi(m): 10:38pm On Aug 04, 2019
Virginnn:

Which wealth?
Rashidi died a wretched man.
He died a wretched man by choice.
It is not the responsibility of the government to manage his wealth and estate for him while he was alive.
Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by Benbobola(m): 10:39pm On Aug 04, 2019
SLAP44:
In some parts of the country, anyone who ever plays for the national team of foreign clubs will be expected to leave a house and wealth for their children and parents before they pass on.
He did. Come to my area in ibadan and see his compound... Its massive with up ti 4 buildings but abandoned since he died. Only God knows who has claimed it
Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by am4truth(m): 10:42pm On Aug 04, 2019
Pvssy:
Damn!

And we busy lavishing and promoting one stupid show called BBN where pre-marital sex, romance, nudity, substance abuse and all ills in the world are exhubited.

This is one of the reasons it can't be well with this country.

It's a curse. God just using our leaders and pastors to manifest it on our populace.

Stop the nonsense curse...It shall surely be well with this country, with me and every true lover of God in the name of Jesus.
Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by Jarus(m): 10:45pm On Aug 04, 2019
fardes:
Its just unfortunately that its about to be too late for this woman to accept Jesus and join a prayerful church, the wicked people of this world her not happy with her success from the very beginning. to the extent that they have kill almost all her children.

Sorry, it is not Jesus that will fill her shop. Familiar way you guys prey on the vulnerable.

3 Likes

Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by Nobody: 11:28pm On Aug 04, 2019
SLAP44:

Yes.

It's proper.
Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by bkool7(m): 11:35pm On Aug 04, 2019
Not again. Is Yekini her only child? I thought Yekini has a daughter self

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 / See What Mikel Obi's Russian Girl Friend Bought For Him As Birthday Gift [photo] / 5 Most Handsome Young Footballers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.