Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended (43270 Views)

”we Share Her Peacefully” – Twin Brothers Who Married One Wife / Mum Of 2 Who Married A Tree Celebrates First Wedding Anniversary In England / Couple Who Married After 3 Weeks Of Meeting Celebrate 4th Wedding Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by DameB(f): 9:31am On Aug 06, 2019
nonut:

Fishing for likes? How old are you?
Ayam a day older today.... Yippeeeee.... grin grin
Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by freemi(m): 9:36am On Aug 06, 2019
FinanceBiz:

Yes Sir! I'm not arguing.

Long distance relationship, Ex, barely knew him for 3 months and boom, daughters! Maybe there's some missing link I can't fanthom. Please make good to explain to me. Thanks.

what is wrong wt u na.
Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by Ryan03(f): 9:36am On Aug 06, 2019
ElsonMorali:
Unless your marriage is abusive, will be abusive or inflicts personal harm and places your kids in danger, then you should stick to that person and make it work.

If not for you, for the sake of your kids who need both parents working hard to keep their family afloat. How else do you teach kids strong character?

She's still living in a fairytale Dreamland.

Marriages are messy most often, but the beauty is after you've crossed over from the messiness. Because that fairytale love you looking for is just right beyond the mess you're seeing right now.

Cross the mess to reach your happiness or go back.

Your choice.
Physical abuse is not the only issue with marriages, mental issue is just as bad. It leads to depression, and if care is not taken, harm can either be done to self or the partner involve

9 Likes

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by banio: 9:36am On Aug 06, 2019
Why did she snap herself like a slay queen. Only slay queens love selfie. I think she is a slay queen. Thank god the husband left her. She is a slay queen and would have given the husband STD.

If you want to be a good wife, do not password your life. Be open and faithful to your husband. Then your husband will lay his life for you. When you password your life, it makes your husband to lose confidence and that gets him angry. Thus after his patience runs out, his anger will surface. Marriage will collapse.

Women be obedient to your husband. Support him in all things.
Period

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by Lovelyn451(f): 9:37am On Aug 06, 2019
Shes trying to tell us that coming from a good home doesn't guarantee that we'll have one

2 Likes

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 06, 2019
All this one na plenty talk,clearly you got married to him because he had money and he's d1ck was good,don't cone here and preach.oh and a lot of our ladies this generation will experience this too,no be curse but it's fact
Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by nonut: 9:37am On Aug 06, 2019
TSRC:

She is certainly over-ambitious.
Screening toasters ke? At what time?

Maybe she meant screening sex partners.
You could be right.
Some of these "I'm OK" ladies are as horni as fvck.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by DameB(f): 9:40am On Aug 06, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
Foolish people desperate for marriage who are willing to marry donkeys (they got to know via long distance r/ship) and then turn around and are surprised when these donkey turn out to be DONKEYS.

grin grin grin.... Na who God create you just donkeylize like that?

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by ElsonMorali: 9:42am On Aug 06, 2019
Ryan03:
Physical abuse is not the only issue with marriages, mental issue is just as bad. It leads to depression, and if care is not taken, harm can either be done to self or the partner involve

Physical abuse means you aren't in control of harm done to you.

In the case of mental health issues, isn't that when partners are meant to stick together even more and help their significant other get better healthcare and live quality and long lives together? Or what do you think the words "...for better for worse" means?

If the mental health challenge is such that endangers your life and that of your kids through physical abuse, then, it's still covered by my first post.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by Deepthoughts: 9:42am On Aug 06, 2019
IssaGist:
Nigerian woman who married her ex after 3 months of knowing him narrates why their marriage ended

A Nigerian lawyer who married her ex after a very short courtship has told of how her marriage ended up being a nightmare that she had to escape from.

Kylie Joy Terundu said she had known her husband for only 3 months before they decided to get married. But while in the marriage, she realized it was different from her expectations and she had to make a life-changing decision.

She eventually decided to leave the marriage even though the union had already produced daughters.

She said she never believed she would end up a single mother but she's glad she made the decision to divorce her husband and start all over.

Meawhile, below is a comment from an Instagram user who already analysed the problem of the poster's marriage from the little narration he read, and came up with a diagnosis.

See more here; https://gistmore.com/nigerian-woman-who-married-her-ex-after-3-months-of-knowing-him-narrates-why-their-marriage-ended
when ladies like this talk of been incompatible with their partners due to different direction of life what exactly do they mean,is it that you love the church n the man is an idol worshipper,you are heterosexual n the man is gay,you love to sleep on mattress n the man love the mat,you don't like farm work n the man like going to farm,you enjoy prolong banging but the man has low staminayou love the flashy life n the man is low profile n conservative or what really?, ladies keep disturbing the airspace with all sort of vague narratives without making much sense of the issue,or has anyone made out any useful meaning to mumbo-jumbo above?, personally I haven't.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by bullabong(m): 9:42am On Aug 06, 2019
Biglittlelois:
Are we suppose to clap for her cos she's now a single mother or we should be happy that two adults couldn't compromise on important issues that'll make their marriage work for the best? No one should come online to rant on being happy regardless of a failed marriage, it is not an achievement.
Nobody can truly be happy after a failed marriage. What could have been will always be lurking at the corner. She just doesn't know what true happiness is.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by deltateam: 9:45am On Aug 06, 2019
Amakavula:
I am always happy to when women take the bull.by the horn and make decisions like this, I only fault her for marrying too quickly but thank God she did what's best for her.

You can't understand until you have been with someone whose life goal is incompay with yours. Best life ahead sister. Resist !

Awon feminist. Awon follow follow 100%.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by deltateam: 9:46am On Aug 06, 2019
She's beautiful btw.
Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by bennynaza(m): 9:46am On Aug 06, 2019
FinanceBiz:
You knew him for 3 months and you have daughters? How? This doesn't add up.

Dated for 3 months then got married. The kids came during the marriage not the 3 months courtship

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by CoolAmbience(m): 9:46am On Aug 06, 2019
luvyaself95:
Why 3 months of relationship lead to marriage will not crash even 3 years courtship Crash...
only grace of God Help balance the equation...

Oga, there are no set timelines for courtship anywhere in the world.

My wife and I didn't court for up to two months before getting married. We are happily chasing ten years of marriage together, and everything fresh like say na today palm wine....Lol.

Marriages fail, partly or wholly, because the parties, either singly or jointly, are not ready to put in the right amount of dedication, patience and sacrifices required to make it work.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by bennynaza(m): 9:47am On Aug 06, 2019
Biglittlelois:
Are we suppose to clap for her cos she's now a single mother or we should be happy that two adults couldn't compromise on important issues that'll make their marriage work for the best? No one should come online to rant on being happy regardless of a failed marriage, it is not an achievement.

Oil dey your head.
Even if one must leave a marriage, it is stupidity to brag about it

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by golddeejay(m): 9:47am On Aug 06, 2019
Without knowing the details, from her post the lady seems highly opinated and not ready for compromise. Two people can't drive a car at same time.

Marriage/relationship is about compromises and bending your standards. It is both way, but I have experienced how a woman that is never ready for some submissions with love can drive a man nut and ruin a marriage.

Wise women understand "na man mumu pass", it just requires sense and some patience. Most ladies now have watched many movies and feel very knowledgeable, a man should be at their beck and call.

There is no point getting into marriage if you want to freedom of a single. But three months of long distance relationship summed up the whole thing sha...no time and opportunity to see the red flags.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by dangotesmummy: 9:47am On Aug 06, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
Foolish people desperate for marriage who are willing to marry donkeys (they got to know via long distance r/ship) and then turn around and are surprised when these donkey turn out to be DONKEYS.
gbammmmmm

Always speaking my mind

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by banio: 9:49am On Aug 06, 2019
Biglittlelois:

I have no issues with couples getting divorced cos of irreconcilable differences, but don't come online and gloat about it expecting SM users to applaud you for it, don't come and pretend you're happy being divorced, no one is, her epistle is more like advocating that it's okay to divorce, it's sending negative signals for singles, I am single, and I want to have kids in the comfort of a home with both parents present, these traits is becoming rampant with ladies these days, it is a bad energy for the marriage institution, men dont come online to rant about being divorced(I stand to be corrected), it is not healthy, for any human, and for the kids involved.

She even took a selfie. So that the world could place a face. I guess she is shameless. Divorce is OK, But ranting on social media makes it abnormal.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by dangotesmummy: 9:49am On Aug 06, 2019
golddeejay:
Without knowing the details, from her post the lady seems highly opinated and not ready for compromise.

Marriage/relationship is about compromises and bending your standards. It is both way, but I have experienced how a woman that is never ready for some submissions with love can drive a man nut and ruin a marriage.

Wise women understand "na man mumu pass", it just requires sense and some patience. Most ladies now have watched many movies and feel very knowledgeable, a man should be at their beck and call.

There is no point getting into marriage if you want to freedom of a single.

so being opinionated is now an offence.these men sef. You don't even know what you want.if you see the one wey dey yes sir to everything you say you will say she doesn't have a mind of her own,she lacks intelligence.thos one is now opinionated for saying what she wants
You act like you're all perfect and have the answers to all questions of life

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by Ryan03(f): 9:55am On Aug 06, 2019
ElsonMorali:

Physical abuse means you aren't in control of harm done to you.

In the case of mental health issues, isn't that when partners are meant to stick together even more and help their significant other get better healthcare and live quality and long lives together? Or what do you think the words "...for better for worse" means?

If the mental health challenge is such that endangers your life and that of your kids through physical abuse, then, it's still covered by my first post.
Lol, i think you confused my post which actually is my fault. I was referring to mental abuse. Its a very bad thing

4 Likes

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by golddeejay(m): 9:55am On Aug 06, 2019
dangotesmummy:
so being opinionated is now an offence.these men sef. You don't even know what you want.if you see the one wey dey yes sir to everything you say you will say she doesn't have a mind of her own,she lacks intelligence.thos one is now opinionated for saying what she wants
you only see opinionated and not been ready for compromise.

Just continue using your Papa's name if you have the two mentioned above.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by ImaIma1(f): 9:56am On Aug 06, 2019
Amakavula:
I am always happy to when women take the bull.by the horn and make decisions like this, I only fault her for marrying too quickly but thank God she did what's best for her.

You can't understand until you have been with someone whose life goal is incompay with yours. Best life ahead sister. Resist !

Marrying that quickly plus it was a distant relationship is so short sighted of her. She didn't even know him
Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by greatcrown: 9:56am On Aug 06, 2019

"I tried to make it work, we both did but in the end, I was so miserable (we both were)."

I really don't think this woman understands the statement above. There is no way both would tried to make it work that it will not work.

The good thing is as they grow older, they would see where they both got it wrong and would wish they had been more patient or trusting or believing in each other.

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by sonofElElyon: 9:58am On Aug 06, 2019
She don't accuse the man of ill treating her at all. Just said incompatibility and unwillingness to accommodate each other's differences and compromise on each other's rigid principles.. I think they should have sought help from counsellors and marriage committee of their church.. If they attended one!
Bottom line also is that she was the one who walked out of the marriage.. Not the guy... She wanted her freedom.. In marriage, you must lose some of your individuality and freedom.. It appears she wasn't prepared to lose any fraction of hers at all

IssaGist:
Nigerian woman who married her ex after 3 months of knowing him narrates why their marriage ended

A Nigerian lawyer who married her ex after a very short courtship has told of how her marriage ended up being a nightmare that she had to escape from.

Kylie Joy Terundu said she had known her husband for only 3 months before they decided to get married. But while in the marriage, she realized it was different from her expectations and she had to make a life-changing decision.

She eventually decided to leave the marriage even though the union had already produced daughters.

She said she never believed she would end up a single mother but she's glad she made the decision to divorce her husband and start all over.

Meawhile, below is a comment from an Instagram user who already analysed the problem of the poster's marriage from the little narration he read, and came up with a diagnosis.

See more here; https://gistmore.com/nigerian-woman-who-married-her-ex-after-3-months-of-knowing-him-narrates-why-their-marriage-ended

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by golddeejay(m): 9:59am On Aug 06, 2019
dangotesmummy:

Just reading the last part you added. You assumed that from my post. Typical!
Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by CoolAmbience(m): 9:59am On Aug 06, 2019
theButterfly:

Good question, although she said they couldn't compromise | neither of them wanted to cross over. Your question reminds me of arranged marriages, which have significantly low divorce rates, compared to love marriages. Arranged couples stick together no matter their differences, albeit families do their best to match their kids w| someone compatible. They don't have the disposition seen in many love marriages [you choose your own life partner yourself] that they can walk out of their marriage if it doesn't meet their expectations and find someone else.

True. Sometimes you just can't work around differences, no matter how much you try. There's no point in them staying married if they're both miserable in the marriage and if they've kids who are soaking in the toxicity in the home. Had they taken their time to know each other instead of jumping into a marriage 3 months after meeting, they would've realized that they were two different people with way too many differences and incompatibilities to get married.

Know each other?

That's actually a concept that I can't understand.

Two mature people should be able to make individual attitudinal adjustments to make their union work.

We have seen marriages fail despite courtships that lasted over 10 years.

A friend of mine courted his wife for 15 years and they have a 13 year old son together. They only just got married two years ago, but na everyday we dey mix cement take patch the marriage....

Longevity of marriage is essentially based on dedication, sacrifice, tolerance, loyalty, forgiveness, respect, understanding, partnership and friendship...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by Stillthebest: 9:59am On Aug 06, 2019
shocked

What exactly has she said than justtifying why she is a single mother than she's has pretensively unwanted.

Imagine someone wrote all these 'thesis' yet still not communicating.

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by dangotesmummy: 9:59am On Aug 06, 2019
golddeejay:
you only see opinionated and not been ready for compromise.

Just continue using your Papa's name if you have the two mentioned above.
and what is wrong in answering your papas name? The ones that left their papa name to go answer another person name wey con say them no do again nko? Did the world come to an end?

2 Likes

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by obentenyson(m): 10:00am On Aug 06, 2019
from her epistle, she's definitely a proud woman with feministic mentality who isn't ready to sacrifice and submit herself to her husband... She should continue to search for a man that have or share same dreams with her... Jesus is coming soon. even Jesus doesn't share in her dreams n purpose. she will remain single for the rest of her life and a bad ensample to her daughters....

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by dangotesmummy: 10:01am On Aug 06, 2019
Stillthebest:

shocked

What exactly has she said than justtifying why she is a single mother than she's has pretensively unwanted.

Imagine someone wrote all these 'thesis' yet still not communicating.

that is because you are judging her from the lenses of the society.get down from your high horses and be a Nigerian woman for just an hour

Even the ones judging sef you will think they have a perfect character

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. / Father Forces 13-Year-Old Daughter To Marry 56-Year-Old Man With 3 Wives In Kano / 5 Generations Of Beautiful Nigerian Women (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.