Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended (43285 Views)

”we Share Her Peacefully” – Twin Brothers Who Married One Wife / Mum Of 2 Who Married A Tree Celebrates First Wedding Anniversary In England / Couple Who Married After 3 Weeks Of Meeting Celebrate 4th Wedding Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by booksrite001: 10:36am On Aug 06, 2019
amakavula:
I am always happy to when women take the bull.by the horn and make decisions like this, I only fault her for marrying too quickly but thank God she did what's best for her. You can't understand until you have been with someone whose life goal is incompay with yours. Best life ahead sister. Resist !

You really can't tell if she did the best thing for her. The first reply in the screenshots describes absolutely what women are these days.
Gender equality is good but in marriage, women should leave their man to lead. Let the man be the man. But no, it's always exchanging hot words and arguments.
Then when shits happens, a flock of feminists flood her with advice of seperation and reminds her of how strong she is and how much a better life she can live in a divorse.

Well, do your research, those friends will go back and date or maybe even marry the man.

5 Likes

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by luminouz(m): 10:42am On Aug 06, 2019
Biglittlelois:

I have no issues with couples getting divorced cos of irreconcilable differences, but don't come online and gloat about it expecting SM users to applaud you for it, don't come and pretend you're happy being divorced, no one is, her epistle is more like advocating that it's okay to divorce, it's sending negative signals for singles, I am single, and I want to have kids in the comfort of a home with both parents present, these traits is becoming rampant with ladies these days, it is a bad energy for the marriage institution, men dont come online to rant about being divorced(I stand to be corrected), it is not healthy, for any human, and for the kids involved.
So you're single!!!
Interesting!

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by Sniper101(m): 10:44am On Aug 06, 2019
Private matters which ought to remain private or maybe be jotted down in a diary or something, people just choose to bring them out to social media

W.H.Y. undecided

7 Likes

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by Kilamiti: 10:47am On Aug 06, 2019
It's better to be divorced than be in a stupid marriage. I know so many women who were so miserable and ugly when they were married only to divorce and look more than chubby bubbly and gadamn beautiful. You better stay single than marry any of these possessed Nigerian men with spirit wife syndrome.believe me they will drain you and drain you till one day you use your hand and kee yaself.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by ScotMisile: 10:47am On Aug 06, 2019
FinanceBiz:
You knew him for 3 months and you have daughters? How? This doesn't add up.

They have only known for 3 months before got married

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by HabaHaba: 10:49am On Aug 06, 2019
Amakavula:
I am always happy to when women take the bull.by the horn and make decisions like this, I only fault her for marrying too quickly but thank God she did what's best for her.

You can't understand until you have been with someone whose life goal is incompay with yours. Best life ahead sister. Resist !

Devil's associates!!!

You are wo t to support women to break out from their marriages. What do you achieve whenever you help wo2leave their marriages? WhT kind of a conscience do you have? Did you grow under such home? I doubt that!
Haba! Isn't it better to encourage couples to dialog, involve parents, respected elders and/or spiritual leaders to help their differences?
Does it mean relationships must not have issues?
Don't yours have issues? Are you a loner, without a lover? Tell us please, because there seems to be so much hate in you against men, especially for Marriage. Huh?!!

Mind you, there's always a rift in every relationship but it takes emotional and spiritual maturity to make it work, which was the factors that needed to be highly considered before venturing into the INSTITUTION of marriage.

Not the word INSTITUTION, it's a place that has rules and regulations. The men has their parts as the women have theirs.

I don't mind your shooting back at me with evil words, you are probably immature emotionally, spiritually and psychological.

Shoot!

7 Likes

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by golddeejay(m): 10:49am On Aug 06, 2019
dangotesmummy:
now you're getting the point.if it works for you,fine,if it doesn't work for you,ok .the question you should ask yourself as a man or woman,is this marriage advancing my life,is it taking me to where I should be,is it pushing me higher or dragging me down,is it making my life better or more miserable? At the end of the day we have only one life,why will you now stay miserable for the best part of your life?

Nah. There is no point to get. I have met and know people that have (or had) the same mentality as you. I don't want to say feminist, but I have done that. I have no issue with anyone's opinions as long as it has no bearing on my life.

Everyone has a role to play in marriage, based on religion and culture. You will all call a man that can't provide or protect his family, a deadbeat dad. So also a woman that can't or don't want to cook or be submissive is a bad wife.

So don't think about your ego and advancing life alone. Save your people the stress of preparing or trying to mend a problematic/broken marriage. And especially save the innocent kids from marriage/divorced drama. All the best.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by alphaNomega: 10:51am On Aug 06, 2019
Biglittlelois:

With all your disection, you clearly did not get my point, which is that no one should claim being happy because you're divorced, it is not an achievement, don't gloat about it, it is not okay, that doesn't mean I'm against divorce, that is my point.

Exactly, ALL and I mean ALL the people who post their divorce online in this manner are merely seeking public emotional approval.

No achievement here, it only shows your inability to spend the rest of your life with a single person like your parents did.

8 Likes

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by TGM2015: 10:53am On Aug 06, 2019
All I see from the post is that she wants to live the same single life as a married person. She did not said the man is violent (maybe towards the end though because I only read her post halfway) but the man do not agreed to "how she view life".

Marriage is all about compromise and sacrifices. The life we live as single is different from the life of being married. Some joke say, until you get married, you will not realise that you do not have control over your remote controls.

She made a bad decision, that she does not see her father negative behaviour towards her mother did not validate that her father is better than her ex husband. She should asked her mother the sacrifices and compromise she had made. Moreso, her ex husband is not and can never be like her father. Comparison to her father and imagined pampered life is another bad course in marriage.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by Ziel20: 11:00am On Aug 06, 2019
FinanceBiz:
You knew him for 3 months and you have daughters? How? This doesn't add up.

Borrow brain perhaps.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by alphaNomega: 11:06am On Aug 06, 2019
frankkydee:

Am so happy for this your comment cos i have met single ladies that says if their partner gives them any problem when they get married, they will divorce him straight up, saying they can't come and kill themselves

Na so under 20 girls dey talk, leave am. Na small pikin dey worry dem

2 Likes

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by alphaNomega: 11:06am On Aug 06, 2019
Ziel20:

Borrow brain perhaps.
grin
Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by LINTUNE(m): 11:10am On Aug 06, 2019
Biglittlelois:

I have no issues with couples getting divorced cos of irreconcilable differences, but don't come online and gloat about it expecting SM users to applaud you for it, don't come and pretend you're happy being divorced, no one is, her epistle is more like advocating that it's okay to divorce, it's sending negative signals for singles, I am single, and I want to have kids in the comfort of a home with both parents present, these traits is becoming rampant with ladies these days, it is a bad energy for the marriage institution, men dont come online to rant about being divorced(I stand to be corrected), it is not healthy, for any human, and for the kids involved.
very smart

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by monerozi5590: 11:13am On Aug 06, 2019
osemoses69:
See your teeth

Lol. This pics got me laughing

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 06, 2019
Kilamiti:
It's better to be divorced than be in a stupid marriage. I know so many women who were so miserable and ugly when they were married only to divorce and look more than chubby bubbly and gadamn beautiful. You better stay single than marry any of these possessed Nigerian men with spirit wife syndrome.believe me they will drain you and drain you till one day you use your hand and kee yaself.
Some women will divorce more than 5 times (5 Marriages) with this your fantastic logic!!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 06, 2019
Biglittlelois:
Are we suppose to clap for her cos she's now a single mother or we should be happy that two adults couldn't compromise on important issues that'll make their marriage work for the best? No one should come online to rant on being happy regardless of a failed marriage, it is not an achievement.
Are you in a relationship now?? You have changed..
Keep it up tongue

2 Likes

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by Nen1(m): 11:27am On Aug 06, 2019
God hate divorce. on no account should a man or woman divorce his/her partner, accept on the basis of marital unfaithfulness. now going by her action, she is not allowed to married anyone since both of them are alive. If she do, she will be consider a fornicator. let's be careful with marriage. marriage is not a joke. it's a covenant. for better for worst. The true is, life is all about patience. sometimes compatibility means condescending as well. The problem
of 21st century now is feminism. Feminism is not bad but please women don't go extreme. Extremeism kills. Your husband is not your competitor, your role is to support him not to argue. Read books on Dr. Myles Munroe.

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by MChaze25(m): 11:38am On Aug 06, 2019
obentenyson:
u self see as she mumu
Yes o

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by Excelento(m): 11:38am On Aug 06, 2019
You jumped in and crashed out. Am sure you're regreting you forsake your true LOVE for money.
Afago keyin Aparo, Ohun Oju wa loju ri.
Yours must be a lesson to others .
Keep the real story to yourself.
shikena. Gbam. Lobatan

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 06, 2019
Reason I can't get married to a lawyer. Their know know too much. If I want a career woman I rather go to the medical field.

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by romenna: 11:53am On Aug 06, 2019
Biglittlelois:
Are we suppose to clap for her cos she's now a single mother or we should be happy that two adults couldn't compromise on important issues that'll make their marriage work for the best? No one should come online to rant on being happy regardless of a failed marriage, it is not an achievement.
she's pained and looking for who to console her.
the man is living his best life without her and she's here disturbing the world with her fake happiness,
i dnt reckon with people that talk too much and bring others down to make themselves appear nice n ok

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by tommy589(m): 11:57am On Aug 06, 2019
Harddiskng:

You couldn’t have said it better.

Am I missing something or just read her epistle and couldn’t find any cogent reason for her divorce (eg domestic violence) apart from the fact “she wasn’t getting enough attention.” undecided

They couldn’t compromise on what? I am sure she wanted to live her life like she’s single while being married. People like these are what is plaguing our society, they make younger generations think its very okay to just wake up one morning and dissolve a marriage. we don’t even know what her man was going through in midst of having to provide for his family, she herself didn’t seem to care for anything but attention like an overgrown baby.

She was disappointed,as her expectation was to have an husband in the mould of her father; a man that tolerated her mum excesses.
From what she wrote, when her mother messed up,even when she her siblings knows,her father always overlooked her shortcomings and still cuddle up to her.

I pray she finds a perfect gentleman like her father to marry.

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by TemmyT002(m): 12:08pm On Aug 06, 2019
Mtchewwwww

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by Harddiskng(m): 12:15pm On Aug 06, 2019
tommy589:

She was disappointed,as her expectation was to have an husband in the mould of her father; a man that tolerated her mum excesses.
From what she wrote, when her mother messed up,even when she her siblings knows,her father always overlooked her shortcomings and still cuddle up to her.

I pray she finds a perfect gentleman like her father to marry.

More like the perfect idiot who would overlook her excesses without her making any amends wink

Oh we pray she finds him.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by cho25bc(f): 12:17pm On Aug 06, 2019
FinanceBiz:

Yes Sir! I'm not arguing.

Long distance relationship, Ex, barely knew him for 3 months and boom, daughters! Maybe there's some missing link I can't fanthom. Please make good to explain to me. Thanks.

1. they met and courted for 3 months.
2. then they got married after 3 months courtship.
3. the marriagie lasted for years (please note that 3 months courtship is gone and forgotten).
4. Within those years of marriage,they had daughters.
5. Their years of marriage crashed and they divorced.

Hope you get it now?

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by pocohantas(f): 12:38pm On Aug 06, 2019
Nen1:
God hate divorce. on no account should a man or woman divorce his/her partner, accept on the basis of marital unfaithfulness. now going by her action, she is not allowed to married anyone since both of them are alive. If she do, she will be consider a fornicator. let's be careful with marriage. marriage is not a joke. it's a covenant. for better for worst. The true is, life is all about patience. sometimes compatibility means condescending as well. The problem
of 21st century now is feminism. Feminism is not bad but please women don't go extreme. Extremeism kills. Your husband is not your competitor, your role is to support him not to argue. Read books on Dr. Myles Munroe.

Why do some of you think everyone believes in your God. The one that hates divorce?

Nigerian men will keep blaming it all on feminism. Looking for women like their mothers.

The more women attain independence and education, the less bullshit they can put up with. Except when both are able to reach a compromise. In the absence of that, the divorce trend is just starting.

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by Sterope(f): 12:41pm On Aug 06, 2019
God hates divorce but God loves dysfunctional kids and unhappy and frustrated parents.

Nen1:

4 Likes

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:29pm On Aug 06, 2019
Amakavula:
I am always happy to when women take the bull by the horn and make decisions like this! I only fault her for marrying too quickly but thank God she did what's best for her.

You can't understand until you have been with someone whose life goal is incompatible with yours. Best life ahead sister. Resist !
you saw you're not compatible yet $till married. Just shows your level of intelligence
Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by malele(m): 1:33pm On Aug 06, 2019
Harddiskng:

You couldn’t have said it better.

Am I missing something or just read her epistle and couldn’t find any cogent reason for her divorce (eg domestic violence) apart from the fact “she wasn’t getting enough attention.” undecided

They couldn’t compromise on what? I am sure she wanted to live her life like she’s single while being married. People like these are what is plaguing our society, they make younger generations think its very okay to just wake up one morning and dissolve a marriage. we don’t even know what her man was going through in midst of having to provide for his family, she herself didn’t seem to care for anything but attention like an overgrown baby.

U and that biglittle u quoted , made sense, when I read that story on Linda Ikeji ,first thing I looked for was domestic violenceqbd cheating, none wa involved infact I didn’t read any resin she left her home.
And some people that can’t read her are busy congratulating her for leaving her home.

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by Firstandonly(m): 1:39pm On Aug 06, 2019
Amakavula:
I am always happy to when women take the bull by the horn and make decisions like this! I only fault her for marrying too quickly but thank God she did what's best for her.

You can't understand until you have been with someone whose life goal is incompatible with yours. Best life ahead sister. Resist !

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Father Forces 13-Year-Old Daughter To Marry 56-Year-Old Man With 3 Wives In Kano / 5 Generations Of Beautiful Nigerian Women (Photo) / Lady Heartbroken After Her Kid Sister Married Her Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.