Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,119 members, 7,821,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

The Superiority Of The Jesus Christ Over Prophet Mohammed - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Superiority Of The Jesus Christ Over Prophet Mohammed (10446 Views)

Could Prophet Mohammed Truly Be A God-sent? Pix / Did The Jesus Christ Of The Bible Ever Exist? / The Jesus - Ufo Connection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Superiority Of The Jesus Christ Over Prophet Mohammed by bashydemy(m): 3:32pm On Oct 31, 2010
@Adebayo none of them will Answer your Question i have lots of Question's yet to be Answered
Re: The Superiority Of The Jesus Christ Over Prophet Mohammed by jesus3: 9:44pm On Oct 31, 2010
@bashy why go to Europe by road(ur location)? Do u want to die in the desert?
Re: The Superiority Of The Jesus Christ Over Prophet Mohammed by yommyuk: 11:28pm On Oct 31, 2010
@jesus

Don't set bashy_demy on fire oo. grin grin grin

Bashy, God willing(in JESUS NAME) say amen to that.
Re: The Superiority Of The Jesus Christ Over Prophet Mohammed by bashydemy(m): 12:07am On Nov 01, 2010
Well i already in Morroco on the high sea to spain
Re: The Superiority Of The Jesus Christ Over Prophet Mohammed by yommyuk: 12:43am On Nov 01, 2010
May the God of Moses guide you thru your red sea of life in JESUS Name.(Amen)

When u land ashore. Shout Halleluyah 7 times to the immigration @ spain.

God bless wink
Re: The Superiority Of The Jesus Christ Over Prophet Mohammed by Sweetnecta: 3:03am On Nov 01, 2010
^^^^^How is Jesus superior if Satan carry him to the edge of the cliff, all but he didn't do was to push him, and see if he land without hurting?

Did he take physically or just by mind control, that he got Jesus on the edge of the cliff?

We can imagine what happened if its physically or mind control.
Re: The Superiority Of The Jesus Christ Over Prophet Mohammed by bashydemy(m): 8:01am On Nov 01, 2010
@yummyuk what good will Halleluyah do me when i can easily Shout Allahu Akbar.
Re: The Superiority Of The Jesus Christ Over Prophet Mohammed by vedaxcool(m): 10:26am On Nov 01, 2010
10 reasons why Jesus A.S of the bible is not Superior to Muhammad PBUH

1. Jesus said I can by myself do nothing, Meaning he is just as human as the rest of us.

2.I have been sent to the lost sheep of Isreal, why Muhammad S.A.W was sent to all of humanity

3. Jesus is reported to have said Auzobilla, in the bible my lord my lord why have thou forsaken me and then died, yet Muhammad S.A.W remained steadfast during his trials

4. Jesus was alleged to have said "9To another he said, “Follow me.” But he said, “Lord, first let me go and bury my father.” 60But Jesus said to him, “Let the dead bury their own dead; but as for you, go and proclaim the kingdom of God.” 61Another said, “I will follow you, Lord; but let me first say farewell to those at my home.” 62Jesus said to him, “No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God.” How
can a messenger/Prophet of God fail to show any form of sympathy?

5. Jesus allowed the devil to lead him(Auzobilla), how can any Prophet of God allow the devil to lead him to places? Prophet Muhammad was at the fore front of rejecting any association with the devil, that
was one of the reason He forebade Muslims from eating with their left hand, which is the hand the devil used to eat.

6. Jesus says "I am a servant of God" same thing Prophet Muhammad S.A.W said " I am the messenger of ALLAH"

7.Paul is generally given the credit for founding Christianity, because Christians follow Paul for example On being justified:

Paul says:
Rom.3
[24] they are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus,
[28] For we hold that a man is justified by faith apart from works of law.
Rom.5
[9] Since, therefore, we are now justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God.

Jesus says:
Matt.12
[37] for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.

For more https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-534745.0.html

The Prophet is credited with formation of Islam.

8. Jesus Preached, leaving no book behind, Muhammad S.A.W received the revelation from God, which was compiled into the QUR'AN acclaimed to be the greatest book written in arabic, yet the NT does not
near the Qur'an in terms of accolades.

9. It is generally agreed the NT which you claim Jesus inspired is not even of pure form, that is all the manuscripts in existence are contradictory, Yet the Qur'an has maintained its purity right from time due to two facts
1. It was memorized right from inception
2. It was written right from inception
the Most purest religious text in human history
10. Jesus main constituents-the JEWs did not accept his message, Yet the Prophat Converted the Pagans of Mecaa, Mediana, Yemen, Bassra etc the Majority of Arabia was converted before his death, in fact the Prophet
PBUH remains the most successful religious personality.

There are many more evidence against your claims ymyuk but this few are enough.
Re: The Superiority Of The Jesus Christ Over Prophet Mohammed by bashydemy(m): 6:39pm On Nov 01, 2010
Vedaxcool i believe you have much time for those guys cos they will come up with another rubbish and act as if they dint see what you type up there so for me the Likes of Tonye T, Aljanu, Kola oloye yummyuk roymary etc are not my type maybe they should invite Pastor Adeboye, Oyedepo and co to NL to defend Xtainity
Re: The Superiority Of The Jesus Christ Over Prophet Mohammed by kolaoloye(m): 9:23am On Nov 02, 2010
bashy_demy:

Vedaxcool i believe you have much time for those guys cos they will come up with another rubbish and act as if they dint see what you type up there so for me the Likes of Tonye T, Aljanu, Kola oloye yummyuk roymary etc are not my type maybe they should invite Pastor Adeboye, Oyedepo and co to NL to defend Xtainity
What do you know about religion You practice what you practice because you were born in it.
Please just go and sit down somewhere.We are telling you that Jesus sacrificed himself while Muhammad ran away
and you are talking rubbish.You better not provoke me.

Tell me all you know about the pillars of Islam and also the reasons behind sharia and I will tell why you are where you are.
Re: The Superiority Of The Jesus Christ Over Prophet Mohammed by kolaoloye(m): 9:30am On Nov 02, 2010
bashy_demy:

@yummyuk what good will Halleluyah do me when i can easily Shout Allahu Akbar.
You see ignorance? Is it not even better for one to praise God in his own language and dialect?
If the son shall set you free you shall be free indeed.Take Jesus and get life.

Jesus loves you.May his peace be upon you,amen.
Re: The Superiority Of The Jesus Christ Over Prophet Mohammed by vedaxcool(m): 9:55am On Nov 02, 2010
kola oloye:

What do you know about religion You practice what you practice because you were born in it.
Please just go and sit down somewhere.We are telling you that Jesus sacrificed himself while Muhammad ran away

Tell me all you know about the pillars of Islam and also the reasons behind sharia and I will tell why you are where you are.

Mr. Ignoramus, pls tell us where Muhammad Pbuh ran to, or else you are a shivering coward who make statements without thinking, Furthermore I have given you ten reasons why Muhammad is preeminently
qualified above Jesus A.S but poor you cannot offer a semblance of defense.
Re: The Superiority Of The Jesus Christ Over Prophet Mohammed by bashydemy(m): 10:33am On Nov 02, 2010
kola oloye:

Well yes you are right i was born in this religion and i am the happiest man on earth today been a Muslim unlike you what religion were you born into? fraud religion. and beside what do you know about your so call religion you only come on here making no sense i beg go learn more about Islam and you will be happy you at the end.

kola oloye:

Well a Question has been put to you where Mohammad ran to say it or remain silence for the rest of your worthless life. and pls show me in your useless book (bible) where Jesus said am dying for the sin of the world or sacrificing himself for the sin of the world and beside we all know the consequence of Suicide that what your own Jesus commit.

kola oloye:

now i just believe you are truly Ignorant of want you dont know and about Pillars of Islam if you ask a 5yrs old all he/she need to do is Google and you get your answers and also about Sharia guy go get a life and no mind in this world can me the reason why i am where i am except God the Almighty
Re: The Superiority Of The Jesus Christ Over Prophet Mohammed by kolaoloye(m): 10:57am On Nov 02, 2010
^^^ Your situation is very pathetic. embarassed
Islam means peace but most of you cannot tolerate people.Without tolerance there is no space for peace.
What and what had we discussed that you were saying somebody 's live is worthless?
Thank God for JESUS. My brother your sins are forgiven,go and curse no more.

That is what we have been talking about.THE DIFFERENCE IS CLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR.
Re: The Superiority Of The Jesus Christ Over Prophet Mohammed by Sweetnecta: 11:18am On Nov 02, 2010
The ignorance of Kola Oloye.

Proof: Muslim parents, and from Muslim household. They have let him be, even has he had shown ungratefulness to the parents who educated him. If Christianity is so Right, why haven't you invited Iya and baba Egba to it, and see how real 3 gods are?

Kola Oloye is judging Islam by the actions of Muslims. The reality should be the other way around, muslims should be judged by Islam,if they are good muslims or not. Its absolutely naive to use muslims to judge if Islam is good or not.

The yardstick therefore be that you put the holy books of world religions side by side and determine the one that will be on top, fully Glorifying God and allowing humans to be humans, with faults, and not the unattainable esoteric plain that even Jesus himself didn't reach by his yelling out in the blame your Master "my God, my God, . . . . why has thou forsaken me?"
Re: The Superiority Of The Jesus Christ Over Prophet Mohammed by kolaoloye(m): 1:46pm On Nov 02, 2010
Sweetnecta:

Kola Oloye is judging Islam by the actions of Muslims. The reality should be the other way around, muslims should be judged by Islam,if they are good muslims or not. Its absolutely naive to use muslims to judge if Islam is good or not.

YEEESSS, by their fruit you shall know them.

The reality should be the other way around, muslims should be judged by Islam,if they are good muslims or not. Its absolutely naive to use muslims to judge if Islam is good or not.

I'm still learning.Thanks for the info.

The yardstick therefore be that you put the holy books of world religions side by side and determine the one that will be on top, fully Glorifying God and allowing humans to be humans, with faults, and not the unattainable esoteric plain that even Jesus himself didn't reach by his yelling out in the blame your Master "my God, my God, . . . . why has thou forsaken me?"

You never ceased to amaze me.
The difference is clear and you know it.
Re: The Superiority Of The Jesus Christ Over Prophet Mohammed by kolaoloye(m): 1:50pm On Nov 02, 2010
Therefore we do not lose heart.
Though outwardly we are wasting away,
yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.
For our light and momentary troubles
are achieving for us an eternal glory
that far outweighs them all.

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen,
but on what is unseen.
For what is seen is temporary,
but what is unseen is eternal.
Re: The Superiority Of The Jesus Christ Over Prophet Mohammed by vedaxcool(m): 2:24pm On Nov 02, 2010
kola oloye:

I'm still learning.Thanks for the info.

The difference is clear and you know it.

Yes by their fruits we shall know them right? explain to us the numerous child rap*** priests, all your frudulent pastors in Nigeria that drive Hummers at the expense of the masses. The reasons why your christian brothers in the south are Kidnapping the living daylight of the Aba residents, no! man are these fruits of Christainity.

And s for still learning, pls learn more as your Ignorance is it's Zenith.

the differnec is very clear, My lord ALLAH never shouted My Lord my lord why have thou forsaken me, insted he maintained his eminence that puts far above the cry's of mere mortals, one needs to wonder whether the words my lord my lord is not the greatest disgrace that befell christendom, this is in every indication disbelief in God, and is too low for the level of any Prophet to have uttered.
Re: The Superiority Of The Jesus Christ Over Prophet Mohammed by Sweetnecta: 2:48pm On Nov 02, 2010
@Kola Oloye: « #111 on: Today at 01:46:52 PM »
[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on Today at 11:18:55 AM

YEEESSS, by their fruit you shall know them.[/Quote]Yessss. World conflicts: 2 World Wars prosecuted mainly christians on all of us. In Nigeria; Civil war between Ojukwu and Jack Gowon, both are christians. Do you want us to go there? Obasanjo an Egba Christian man, like you slept with a woman legally or illegally in relationship with his son. maybe you will do the same?

[Quote]Quote
The reality should be the other way around, muslims should be judged by Islam, if they are good muslims or not. Its absolutely naive to use muslims to judge if Islam is good or not.

I'm still learning.Thanks for the info.[/Quote]And he claimed or others claimed for him as a former Islamic teacher in the Big City of Abeokuta! I summit that you are one of the "muslims" who "gbe egungun". So with that you were never a muslim.

[Quote]Quote

The difference is clear and you know it.[/Quote]This absolute knowledge "Thank Allah for that" is the reason I'm a muslim, instead of Kufr like you. I know that you are in your paradise. Watch out; Hell awaits disbelievers in the Oneness of God Almighty The Irresistible.
Re: The Superiority Of The Jesus Christ Over Prophet Mohammed by justdtruth: 3:37pm On Nov 02, 2010
this is one of those things that I find amusing about some Christians.
first, they will tell you they do not believe in Muhammad (SAW) and also push the status of Jesus (AS) to that of God then come around to do what this thread is about.

i wonder, do you now believe in Muhammad (SAW) and only want to establish that your Jesus (AS) is superior?

again, did you just demote Jesus (AS) from the upgraded status of God that you have given him to that of man like Muhammad to be able to have a bases for comparison.

well i guess since there is no guidance on how the prophets of God should be respected in your faith except for only your pastors i presume (touch not my anointed), i present to you the position of Muslims on the issue

The Apostle believes in what hath been revealed to him from his Lord as do the men of faith. Each one (of them) believes in Allah His angels His
books and His Apostles "We make no distinction between one and another of His Apostles." And they say: "We hear and we obey; (We
seek) Thy forgiveness Our Lord and to Thee is the end of all journeys." (Quran 2:285)
Re: The Superiority Of The Jesus Christ Over Prophet Mohammed by bashydemy(m): 4:41pm On Nov 02, 2010
kola oloye:

Can you please Answer about your xtain brother's Kidnapping in south south, also about an Egba man like you Obasanjo that slept with his son wife remember he graduate from Open University study Theology. not long ago some allegation was against some Catholic priest that that they were GAY sleeping with some guys part of there member's can you also talk about that. should i keep going?

Re: The Superiority Of The Jesus Christ Over Prophet Mohammed by yommyuk: 12:20am On Nov 03, 2010
1. Jesus said I can by myself do nothing, Meaning he is just as human as the rest of us.

Wrong!

You are interpreting out of context. You either thru ignorance or deliberate concealment not finish off Jesus Christ statement. Let me finish off for you.

In John 5:36 Jesus Christ stated that “But I have a greater witness than John (Remember John the Baptist is regarded as the greatest among the Prophets; Luke 7:28). My teachings and my miracles. The Father gave me these works to accomplish, and prove that he sent me. Meaning that his teachings and miracles were signs that unveiled his true identity and pointed to the Father who sent him. The Prophet and Messiah that was expected.

2.I have been sent to the lost sheep of Isreal, why Muhammad S.A.W was sent to all of humanity

Wrong!

In Matthew 15:22 tells us about a gentile woman pleading to Jesus Christ to heal her daughter who was possessed by a demon. The gentiles in the time of Jesus were regarded as pagans. She called Jesus “O Lord, Son of David” meaning that the woman apparently perceived that Jesus was the Messiah. Jesus gave her no reply in order to test her faith. Fortunately for the woman, she exercised her faith and Jesus acknowledges her faith by saying “Your faith is great. Your request is granted” (Matthew 15:28). Though Jesus was sent primarily for Israel’s sake, this miracle began the new era that he inaugurated as the beginning of Gentile salvation. His previous miracles were for the Jews, whereas this one extended to Gentiles.
A testimony to John 3:15-16

15That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

3Jesus is reported to have said Auzobilla, in the bible  my lord my lord why have thou forsaken me and then died, yet Muhammad S.A.W remained steadfast during his trials

Wrong!

In Luke 23:46
46And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.
Luke 24:26
25Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
26Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

4Jesus was alleged to have said "9To another he said, “Follow me.” But he said, “Lord, first let me go and bury my father.” 60But Jesus said to him, “Let the dead bury their own dead; but as for you, go and proclaim the kingdom of God.” 61Another said, “I will follow you, Lord; but let me first say farewell to those at my home.” 62Jesus said to him, “No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God.”  How can a messenger/Prophet of God fail to show any form of sympathy?

Wrong!

All what Jesus Christ required was complete commitment from his disciples.

“Let me explain this saying to u “No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the Kingdom of God”  The ancient farmer guided a light plow (Equipment used for cutting, lifting, turning over, and partly pulverizing soil) with his left hand and his oxen with the right. Looking away would turn the plow out of its path. For a disciple of Christ, looking back meant placing earthly concerns ahead of God. The bible clearly states “Love the Lord with ALL YOUR HEART” (Luke 10:27). That is the Lord’s commandment.

5. Jesus allowed the devil to lead him(Auzobilla), how can any Prophet of God allow the devil to lead him to places? Prophet Muhammad was at the fore front of rejecting any association with the devil, that
was one of the reason He forebade Muslims from eating with their left hand, which is the hand the devil used to eat.

Wrong!

Deuteronomy 28:7
“The Lord will conquer your enemies when they attack you. They will attack you from one direction, but they will scatter from you in seven”
The evil one will definitely show up to attack but it will all be in vain.

The strategy is to humble oneself before God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. That is all Jesus Christ did.

6. Jesus says "I am a servant of God" same thing Prophet Muhammad S.A.W said " I am the messenger of ALLAH"

Makes no sense.   Messenger and Servant are the same thing.

.Paul is generally given the credit for founding Christianity, because Christians follow Paul for example On being justified:

Wrong!

Paul founded Christianity? Where did you get that from?
Read Acts 22:3-5
3 “I am a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city. I studied under Gamaliel and was thoroughly trained in the law of our ancestors. I was just as zealous for God as any of you are today. 4 I persecuted the followers of this Way to their death, arresting both men and women and throwing them into prison, 5 as the high priest and all the Council can themselves testify. I even obtained letters from them to their associates in Damascus, and went there to bring these people as prisoners to Jerusalem to be punished.

For your information, Saul who later became Paul was a leading persecutor of the early Christians. However it can be said of him that he has done more to shape Christianity than any other individual (Including the 12 disciples that followed Jesus Christ) except Christ himself.

CONCLUSION
All the points you have made shows that you lack understanding in regards to the Christian faith. Your general perceptions are baseless. It just makes me wonder “on what planet do you live”
Re: The Superiority Of The Jesus Christ Over Prophet Mohammed by yommyuk: 12:28am On Nov 03, 2010
@sweetnecta

[s]Kola Oloye Bashy_demy is judging IslamChristianity by the actions of Muslims Christians. The reality should be the other way around, muslimsChristians should be judged by IslamThe Word of God,if they are good muslimsChristians or not. Its absolutely naive to use muslimsChristains to judge if IslamChristianity is good or not.[/s]

I feel Hypocrisy and two-facedness in the air
Re: The Superiority Of The Jesus Christ Over Prophet Mohammed by yommyuk: 12:56am On Nov 03, 2010
@Justdtruth.

The purpose of this thread is to state very clearly that our Lord, Jesus Christ is not only superior to Mohammed but far supreme. They should not be quantified on the same level.

Philippians 2:6-11

6 Who, being in very nature[a] God,
   did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
   by taking the very nature of a servant,
   being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
   he humbled himself
   by becoming obedient to death—
      even death on a cross!

9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
   and gave him the name that is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
   in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
   to the glory of God the Father.

To Christians, living means living for Christ. Why are Christians called to devote their lives to Chirst?

1. We acknowledge that we owe everything to Christ, especially our Salvation
2. We acknowledge Christ as our master and Lord AND SUBMIT TO Christ rule in our lives.
3. WE have died to ourselves and have risen with Christ. NEW BEING
4.  We recognise that everything of value is found in Christ. Nothing compares to the infinite value of knowing Christ.

Isaiah 45:23-24

23 By myself I have sworn,
   my mouth has uttered in all integrity
   a word that will not be revoked:
Before me every knee will bow;
   by me every tongue will swear.
24 They will say of me, ‘In the LORD alone
   are deliverance and strength.’”
All who have raged against him
   will come to him and be put to shame.

God's Words are always true, God swearing by his own name reinforces the certainty that he will never go back on his word [b](every knee, every tongue).  At the end of time all nations will submit to his authority, whether willingly or unwillingly. Roman 14:11, 1 Corin 15:25-27)

This is the gosel truth and that is what we are taking about.
Re: The Superiority Of The Jesus Christ Over Prophet Mohammed by bashydemy(m): 1:27am On Nov 03, 2010
yommyuk:

Wrong!

You are interpreting out of context. You either thru ignorance or deliberate concealment not finish off Jesus Christ statement. Let me finish off for you.

In John 5:36 Jesus Christ stated that “But I have a greater witness than John (Remember John the Baptist is regarded as the greatest among the Prophets; Luke 7:28). My teachings and my miracles. The Father gave me these works to accomplish, and prove that he sent me. Meaning that his teachings and miracles were signs that unveiled his true identity and pointed to the Father who sent him. The Prophet and Messiah that was expected.

Why do you like to turn your bible upside down or maybe they contradict there self so please read this  
John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me. did you get the bold?

John 8:28 Then said Jesus unto them, W[b]hen ye have lifted up the Son of man[/b], then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things. he never say the son of God he said the son of man and there are different btwn the son of man and the son of God.  

John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. did you see that he said to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God meaning we al have equal right since God is our father so why will i worship my brother instead of my Father and Jesus never say he is God according to his word here did he?

yommyuk:

Wrong!

In Matthew 15:22 tells us about a gentile woman pleading to Jesus Christ to heal her daughter who was possessed by a demon. The gentiles in the time of Jesus were regarded as pagans. She called Jesus “O Lord, Son of David” meaning that the woman apparently perceived that Jesus was the Messiah. Jesus gave her no reply in order to test her faith. Fortunately for the woman, she exercised her faith and Jesus acknowledges her faith by saying “Your faith is great. Your request is granted” (Matthew 15:28). Though Jesus was sent primarily for Israel’s sake, this miracle began the new era that he inaugurated as the beginning of Gentile salvation. His previous miracles were for the Jews, whereas this one extended to Gentiles.

16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Matthew 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. did you read that?

3Jesus is reported to have said Auzobilla, in the bible  my lord my lord why have thou forsaken me and then died, yet Muhammad S.A.W remained steadfast during his trials

Wrong!

46And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.
25Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:

[/quote] Matthew 27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? did you also see that?

Wrong!

“The Lord will conquer your enemies when they attack you. They will attack you from one direction, but they will scatter from you in seven”

The strategy is to humble oneself before God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. That is all Jesus Christ did.

[quote]
Luke 4:1-13
1And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,

2Being forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days he did eat nothing: and when they were ended, he afterward hungered.

3And the devil said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, command this stone that it be made bread.

4And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

5And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.

6And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.

7If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.

8And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

9And he brought him to Jerusalem, and set him on a pinnacle of the temple, and said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down from hence:

10For it is written, He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee:

11And in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

12And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

13And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from him for a season.

So tell me what is it you dont understand here that Satan temp Jesus and control him for period of time. i guess i should stop for now to give you time to come up with another lies Thank God i know where to read them from your story book.
Re: The Superiority Of The Jesus Christ Over Prophet Mohammed by yommyuk: 2:26am On Nov 03, 2010
@bashy_demy

"Son of Man"

do you know the background to Jesus Christ use of this title? I am glad you have access to the Bible.
"This is a title Jesus Christ normally uses for himself. Why? because it was not an imflammatory title like Christ or Messiah.
It is because of unbelievers like you. People to whom the Holy Spirit is alien to. To you Jesus is the "Son of Man" To me Jesus is the Son of God. The visible image of the Living God. The great I AM.

Daniel 7:13-14
13 “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man,[a] coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. 14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

Who is Daniel talking about? Jesus the Messiah coming from the clouds of heaven and is given great glory and Power. Jesus Christ understood  himself as that one who would return to earth in the clouds of heaven.

Mark 8:38
If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man [b][/b]will be ashamed of them when he comes in his Father’s glory with the holy angels.”

Jesus coming in hs father's Glory with the holy angels. THE FATHER'S GLORY.

Your kind have always been around.John 8:19
"Where is your father? they asked. Jesus answered  " Since you do not know who I am, you don't know who my Father is. If you knew me, you would also know my Father. You enquire the father because u do not have CHRIST IN YOU. proving that you are in darkness because of your misunderstnding.

You still live in darkness and cannot understand the realities of life which is in Christ. This divine revelation is inaccessible to you. Instead of coming to the light, you flee deeper into the darkness because you prefer it to the light. It is only the transforming power of God's Spirit that can provide this understanding and help you see clearly. My job is to make you aware. You job is to accept it with faith. I have done my bit and God's judgement beckons.

Re: The Superiority Of The Jesus Christ Over Prophet Mohammed by bashydemy(m): 2:33am On Nov 03, 2010
Hey Yummyuk am i the one that write the Bible? did i out word in his mouth ? he said those word's himself so what is my own in all this am only quoting what your bible says about him since we are meant to believe everything in the fraud bible.

yommyuk:

@bashy_demy

"Son of Man"

do you know the background to Jesus Christ use of this title? I am glad you have access to the Bible.
"This is a title Jesus Christ normally uses for himself. Why? because it was not an imflammatory title like Christ or Messiah.
It is because of unbelievers like you. People to whom the Holy Spirit is alien to. To you Jesus is the "Son of Man" To me Jesus is the Son of God. The visible image of the Living God. The great I AM.

Daniel 7:13-14
13 “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man,[a] coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. 14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

Who is Daniel talking about? Jesus the Messiah coming from the clouds of heaven and is given great glory and Power. Jesus Christ understood  himself as that one who would return to earth in the clouds of heaven.

Wish kingdom are you talking about? maybe Israel not the world since he was only send to the lost sheep of israel unlike mohammad that was sent to the whole world and pls wait you need to more explanation to do here did he now descend from the cloud of heaven? i taught he was given birth to by Virgin Mary that could not keep her virginity for Joseph her husband and fornicate with the Holy ghost yummy i beg i no fit laugh.

yommyuk:

Mark 8:38
If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man [b][/b]will be ashamed of them when he comes in his Father’s glory with the holy angels.”

Jesus coming in hs father's Glory with the holy angels. THE FATHER'S GLORY.

Pls when is he coming in his Father Glory this story have been circulating from generation to Generation come on wise up dude nobody is coming and dont worry you gonna say this some story to your kids that Jesus is coming aren't you tired of this old tales?

yommyuk:

Your kind have always been around.John 8:19
"Where is your father? they asked. Jesus answered  " Since you do not know who I am, you don't know who my Father is. If you knew me, you would also know my Father. You enquire the father because u do not have CHRIST IN YOU. proving that you are in darkness because of your misunderstnding.

You still live in darkness and cannot understand the realities of life which is in Christ. This divine revelation is inaccessible to you. Instead of coming to the light, you flee deeper into the darkness because you prefer it to the light. It is only the transforming power of God's Spirit that can provide this understanding and help you see clearly. My job is to make you aware. You job is to accept it with faith. I have done my bit and God's judgement beckons.

hey Dude you were meant to believe what you believe in my Job is to make you wise up and stop this rubish tales and stop tarnishing the image of Jesus and of your gods cos you are by one way calling your god fornicator and also your Jesus naughty person and mary virgin who can't keep her virginity for her husband Joseph i pity that man Joseph he is such a looser to Holy ghost he has been keeping mary virginity for years and your Holy Ghost just take advantage of his stupidity i know you god will be laughing where ever he is now that he act smart.
Re: The Superiority Of The Jesus Christ Over Prophet Mohammed by vedaxcool(m): 12:51pm On Nov 03, 2010
yommyuk:

Wrong!

"I can by myself do nothing" pls explain the context if ye are truthful, Again you expose what i have been saying " you read with your minds closed" read the last statement you wrote The Father gave me these works to accomplish, and prove that he sent me--> anybody that has working brain will know the implication of the bolded statement, God gave Jesus the power, that is made all Jesus miracles to be possible, in essence "I can by my self do nothing", again Jesus alluded to the fact that God sent him and gave him these works to accompli[/b]sh in other words Jesus reduces himself to a messenger and a humble servant.

yommyuk:

[b]2.I have been sent to the lost sheep of Isreal, why Muhammad S.A.W was sent to all of humanity

Wrong!

This is the actual verse
21Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is suffering terribly from demon-possession.”

23Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

24He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

25The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.

26He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to their dogs.”

27“Yes, Lord,” she said, “but even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters’ table.”

28Then Jesus answered, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

your case deserves pity,If Jesus says acc. to the bible "I was sent to the lost sheep of Isreal", again your real behavior is becoming more apparent as in the story of the woman that met Jesus you intentionally mingles your words with the verse in order to fool people but you only fool yourself, as in that Story, a in serious need met Jesus for help again rather than show sympathy to her he instead kept her suspense and u call it testing her faith when in fact Jesus called non Jews Dogs, imagine the from a prince of peace but I did not expect you to be any truthful, in fact from all indications the woman cornered Jesus with her argument " even the dogs feed from the master table" Pls explain why your Lord and savior called u Dog.

yommyuk:

Wrong!

Anybody will tell it is the hieght of faithlessness in God, to accuse God of forsaking you, but in the thread my lord my lord why have thou forsaken me, it is very clear Jesus was never prepared to die for any one's sin

yommyuk:

4Jesus was alleged to have said "9To another he said, “Follow me.” But he said, “Lord, first let me go and bury my father.” 60But Jesus said to him, “Let the dead bury their own dead; but as for you, go and proclaim the kingdom of God.” 61Another said, “I will follow you, Lord; but let me first say farewell to those at my home.” 62Jesus said to him, “No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God.”  How can a messenger/Prophet of God fail to show any form of sympathy?

Wrong!

All what Jesus Christ required was complete commitment from his disciples.

“Let me explain this saying to u “No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the Kingdom of God”  The ancient farmer guided a light plow (Equipment used for cutting, lifting, turning over, and partly pulverizing soil) with his left hand and his oxen with the right. Looking away would turn the plow out of its path. For a disciple of Christ, looking back meant placing earthly concerns ahead of God. The bible clearly states “Love the Lord with ALL YOUR HEART” (Luke 10:27). That is the Lord’s commandment.

I pity you oHHHHHHHHH! as even a Pagan will sympathies first with someone that Just Lost a loved one yet we read a very strong hearted approach in relating to his fellow being, God is too merciful to behave like this, and his messengers are also merciful to stoop to the level of telling their disciples not to bury their loved ones, No this shows a very poor collection of Jesus words in the NT as i cannot believe he will make such a heartless statement. Even the Prophet advice Muslims if they are Hungry, to eat first before attending to their prayers.

yommyuk:

Wrong!

So again you agree that Jesus by himself could not subdue the devil instead he had to depend on ALLAH for rescue, good, U are IN THE HABBIT OF CONTRADICTING YOURSELF, DON'T EVERY OTHER PERSON DEPEND ON GOD TO OVERCOME THE DEVILS INFLUENCE? AGAIN YOU MADE MY ARGUEMENT EASIER AS YOU AGREE THAT JESUS IS NOT GOD AND HAD TO DEPEND ON GOD LIKE WE ALL DO, MAY ALLAH GUIDE TO THE TRUTH AND REMOVE YOU FROM DOUBLE SPEAK. AMIN

yommyuk:

Makes no sense.   Messenger and Servant are the same thing.

Thank God you accept Jesus is at the same level with Muhammad PBUH

yommyuk:

.Paul is generally given the credit for founding Christianity, because Christians follow Paul for example On being justified:

Wrong!

Paul founded Christianity? Where did you get that from?
Read Acts 22:3-5
3 “I am a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city. I studied under Gamaliel and was thoroughly trained in the law of our ancestors. I was just as zealous for God as any of you are today. 4 I persecuted the followers of this Way to their death, arresting both men and women and throwing them into prison, 5 as the high priest and all the Council can themselves testify. I even obtained letters from them to their associates in Damascus, and went there to bring these people as prisoners to Jerusalem to be punished.

For your information, Saul who later became Paul was a leading persecutor of the early Christians. However it can be said of him that he has done more to shape Christianity than any other individual (Including the 12 disciples that followed Jesus Christ) except Christ himself.

please point to one place where Jesus spoke to Paul when he was alive, and again it was Paul that actually Propageted Cjristianity not Jesus, more on that is th indication I gave, on being Justified, You christians accept Paul's version of being Justified rather than what Jesus actually said, that is what I mean that Paul founded Christianity, note that Jesus never claimed he was bringing any new religion rather he said that " he did not come to abolish the law" but Paul on the other said you living in grace the question is on whose authority is he contradicting jesus? pls explain

yommyuk:

CONCLUSION
All the points you have made shows that you lack understanding in regards to the Christian faith. Your general perceptions are baseless. It just makes me wonder “on what planet do you live”

No you points are filled with double speak and stinking hypocrisy, in addition to irrelevant and intentional misunderstanding of what Jesus said all in the name to have salvation at jesus expense, but guess what you are very much on a wrong thing. As Jesus told a young man to "keep to the commandment" not drink my blood", which makes we conclude what kind of initiative do you have?

The words Faith By Desperation sums up your case Mr. yuck
Re: The Superiority Of The Jesus Christ Over Prophet Mohammed by bashydemy(m): 2:42pm On Nov 03, 2010
@vedaxcool thanks for more explanation
Re: The Superiority Of The Jesus Christ Over Prophet Mohammed by yommyuk: 11:38pm On Nov 03, 2010
@Bashy_demy & vedaxcool

I have to give it 2 you guys. Total waste of time. undecided
Re: The Superiority Of The Jesus Christ Over Prophet Mohammed by yommyuk: 11:49pm On Nov 03, 2010
@Bashy_demy & vedaxcool

I have to give it 2 you guys. Total waste of time. undecided
Re: The Superiority Of The Jesus Christ Over Prophet Mohammed by yommyuk: 6:22am On Nov 04, 2010
@Bashy_demy & vedaxcool

I am not surprised by your atittudes. You are the type of people my Lord Jesus Christ was referring to in the "parable of the sower."Read the bolded words below. There u go sad

The Parable of the Sower

1 That same day Jesus went out of the house and sat by the lake. 2 Such large crowds gathered around him that he got into a boat and sat in it, while all the people stood on the shore. 3 Then he told them many things in parables, saying: “A farmer went out to sow his seed. 4 As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. 5 Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. 6 But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. 7 Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants. 8 Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop—a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown. 9 Whoever has ears, let them hear.”
10 The disciples came to him and asked, “Why do you speak to the people in parables?”

11 He replied, “Because the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. 12 Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. 13 This is why I speak to them in parables:

“Though seeing, they do not see;
   though hearing, they do not hear or understand.

14 In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah:

“‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
   you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.
15 For this people’s heart has become calloused;
   they hardly hear with their ears,
   and they have closed their eyes.

Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
   hear with their ears,
   understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.’[a]

16 But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear. 17 For truly I tell you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it.

18 “Listen then to what the parable of the sower means: 19 When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in their heart. This is the seed sown along the path. 20 The seed falling on rocky ground refers to someone who hears the word and at once receives it with joy. 21 But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away. 22 The seed falling among the thorns refers to someone who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful. 23 But the seed falling on good soil refers to someone who hears the word and understands it. This is the one who produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.”

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires / Pre-birth Memories - Life Before Birth / The Bible Say We Can Use Our Tithe Money To Buy Beer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.