Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,974 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith (33411 Views)

Inside Life: Tb Joshua Commits Suicide Taking His Own Life - Olunloyo / Chris Tucker Turned Down $10 Million To Stay True To His Faith / Man "Cured" Of HIV By Pastor Alph Lakau, Dies After Failing To Take His Drugs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by CAPSLOCKED: 5:20pm On Aug 08, 2019
THERE IS NO LINE TO BE DRAWN BETWEEN FAITH AND FOOLISHNESS BECAUSE FAITH = FOOLISHNESS. NO TWO WAYS ABOUT IT.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by Edandy(m): 5:23pm On Aug 08, 2019
daddytime:
Mumuness

He obviously didn't read that part of the Bible that says " Faith without works is dead".

Now he dead....

Now you totally misinterpreted this part. Faith without work is dead. That is faith without evidence that you have faith. In fact, the dead man actually supported his faith with work. The work here was his refusal to take the drug. The evidence that he believed to have been healed. May his soul rest in peace.
Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by Edandy(m): 5:31pm On Aug 08, 2019
aaronson:
It bothers me to know how people still take God and religion seriously in this era of enlightenment, This is 2019 folks, so you still can't figure Christianity was just an idea brought about by mere politicians at the council of Nicea to keep people submissive for easy control.

How is it hard for you to admit your ignorance is where religion gain it's strength from. It's called FAITH because it's not KNOWLEDGE. RIP to the deceased, he died of ignorance not HIV.
. You have a limited understanding of the subject,
Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by BlackfireX: 5:40pm On Aug 08, 2019
DameB:

That CS thing is so annoying ehn.... A lot of women die from complications due to fear of CS, those that go through really difficult labor cos they refused surgery will then go to churches to testify.... It's so crazy

And to say ...that those who refused CS are educated o....been controlled by one useless man of dog.
Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by madjune(m): 5:42pm On Aug 08, 2019
Nairaland editors and poor grammar.

"He stopped taking his medications" and not his drugd.
Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by DameB(f): 5:43pm On Aug 08, 2019
BlackfireX:

And to say ...that those who refused CS are educated o....been controlled by one useless man of dog.

It's not just CS, it's surgery in general... Fibroid and others.. I don't get it at all... Even to the point of death
Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by BlackfireX: 5:46pm On Aug 08, 2019
DameB:

It's not just CS, it's surgery in general... Fibroid and others.. I don't get it at all... Even to the point of death

There was one woman like that.... Madam let them da the CS you have complications, she said no, my pastor said....bla bla black.

Some hours later ,the baby boy died inside her,

Invariably they will do cs to evacuate the poor dead child.

I felt like beating the woman, husband and the charlatan called pastor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by daddytime(m): 5:51pm On Aug 08, 2019
Edandy:

Now you totally misinterpreted this part. Faith without work is dead. That is faith without evidence that you have faith. In fact, the dead man actually supported his faith with work. The work here was his refusal to take the drug. The evidence that he believed to have been healed. May his soul rest in peace.

One would have thought the "work" here to back up his faith was to keep with his medication whilst believing he'd be healed.

Not here to stir up an argument, please.

I respect your understanding cum interpretation and that's the beauty of the gospel.

1 Like

Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by DameB(f): 5:56pm On Aug 08, 2019
BlackfireX:

There was one woman like that.... Madam let them da the CS you have complications, she said no, my pastor said....bla bla black.

Some hours later ,the baby boy died inside her,

Invariably they will do cs to evacuate the poor dead child.

I felt like beating the woman, husband and the charlatan called pastor.

Poor innocent baby had to pay the costly price...
I have a friend who was in labor for her first baby for over 10 hours before doctors suggested CS, the husband signed the dotted lines, within minutes the CS was complete...
The husband got angry at the doctor for not doing the CS sooner and allowing the wife go through the painful process... Today she has 3 kids all through CS... No complications from any
Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by BlackfireX: 6:00pm On Aug 08, 2019
DameB:

Poor innocent baby had to pay the costly price...
I have a friend who was in labor for her first baby for over 10 hours before doctors suggested CS, the husband signed the dotted lines, within minutes the CS was complete...
The husband got angry at the doctor for not doing the CS sooner and allowing the wife go through the painful process... Today she has 3 kids all through CS... No complications from any

Obviously here, we are educated illiterate.... Allowing never do well in life who ran under church to dictate vital issues in our life.
Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by 9jamustchange: 6:17pm On Aug 08, 2019
Death is not the end of the Christian faith, neither does it defeat the faithful Christian. Death for a Christian is gain. The three Hebrew men thrown into fire were ready to die for their faith even if not delivered. It is better to die as a faithful Christian than to live sinfully.
Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 08, 2019
GISTBL0G:
A man who had been living with HIV reportedly died after showing off his faith by taking a break from the drugs meant to push down the viral load.

@T0_0lu in her tweets which revealed why the HIV patient died, insisted that a line should be drawn between faith and foolishness. She also recalled being dragged since Sunday for questioning testimonies in which Christians do weird things all in the name of 'faith'.

See more here; http://gistmore.com/hiv-positive-man-dies-after-he-stopped-taking-his-drugs-to-show-off-his-faith

There's a tin line between Faith and Credulity when adherents are misinformed!

God never promised spiritual healing, it came by chance most times due to situations that warrants God's intervention. Therefore true servants of God don't expect their faith to produce miracles, they just believe that relying on God will guarantee their RESURRCTION if they're loyal to the end! Job 14:14-15

Abraham is described as the father of all those having Faith, he never expected any miracle from God even when God directly spoke from heaven that Abraham's successor will come through his 90 years old wife, Abraham's response shows that he wasn't expecting such! He answered God by INDIRECLY saying "Yes God, you've fulfilled the promise through Ishmael" Genesis 17:18
Notice that Ishmael was the son born to Abraham through Sarah's slave girl, Abraham is saying well it has been fulfilled through Sarah's but God immediately corrected baba and said "No! I mean Sarah will bear you a son" even Sarah herself doubt the possibility of such! Genesis 17:19-21, 18:12

Noteworthy also was Moses, who argued with God even after discussing with him directly from the burning bush, Moses kept thinking what God said is not possible because he's now an old man. He thought he could have been in the best position to rescue God's people during his youthful vigor not as an old man!

Noteworthy was Shadrach, Meshak and Abednego. They told Nebuchadnezzar that "we're not saying our God will turn things around so that we escaped this furnace, we know he can and he might choose not to but we're not going to worship your image anyway" Daniel 3:16-18

Noteworthy was Martha who said even while Jesus {the greatest miracle worker who ever walked this planet} is standing there as THEIR FAMILY'S FRIEND, "I know my brother will rise during the resurrection in the last day" John 11:24 Notice Martha's response, does it shows she lacks faith? NO! Because she already spoke what was promised long ago by all God's prophets that when God's kingdom comes, there will be no more sickness nor death! Isaiah 25:8, 33:24

Noteworthy was what Apostle Paul told Timothy who was suffering from stomach ulcer, that he should be taking wine to manage it until God's Kingdom come! 1Timothy 5:23

Who thought him this rubbish when God's word clearly shows that it's until God's kingdom comes before mankind is freed from sickness, suffering and death? Even Jesus after looking back at the time humanity have been experiencing all these pains and the long time needed to resolve the awaiting issue raised in the garden of Eden, Jesus the Christ who had all the powers to heal any kind of sickness burst into tears for all our suffering! John 11:35-37 cry

So he died due to lack of wisdom on his part! Hosea 4:6

1 Like

Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by MISTAICEY02288(m): 7:40pm On Aug 08, 2019
Fireson:

If only you could express yourself. I'll advice you type in your local dialect or better still go back to nursery 1, you halfwitted excort .

Coming from someone who is brain dead to comprehend simple write up. Your case is irredeemable... Compound f0ol!
Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by Aidejay(m): 7:52pm On Aug 08, 2019
MISTAICEY02288:

By the way, i keep saying this, Nairaland Front Page is gradually becoming a dump site for expired/old news... Most things i read here lately are usually posted on some other popular places hours or even days before they get here. For instance, this particular news was already on Instablog9ja on Instagram since yesterday and now just making it here... Shior
Me I'm just seeing this now so it's news to me
So u left your instablog just to come and rant here on nairaland about news......of all things
The news cycle is fast and doesn't stop for anyone what is news now won't be news in the next 10 minutes because it's the cycle it keeps turning and turning. How u decided to make that one the bane of your existence is just sad. Naira land front page is bla bla bla...bla bla bla
What else will u do about it if not rant.
Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by Nobody: 9:23pm On Aug 08, 2019
InvertedHammer:
/
Adeboye, Oyedepo or TB Joshua could have cured him.
Science is a joke. They even travel by faith and not with the aid of some scientific inventions.

/
you always talk offpoint. Millions are hiv positive yet you talking this trash
Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by Offpoint: 9:58pm On Aug 08, 2019
camobri:

you always talk offpoint. Millions are hiv positive yet you talking this trash
I'm tired of my name being dragged into what's not my business anyways.
Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by Olumyyde(m): 1:09am On Aug 09, 2019
MISTAICEY02288:
Foolishness at it's peak!
Even the Bible says Heaven helps those who helps themselves... Many people are just stupid all in the name of being born again Christians. SMH!
He should continue to show off his faith in the grave. Nonsense and Maggi!

By the way, i keep saying this, Nairaland Front Page is gradually becoming a dump site for expired/old news... Most things i read here lately are usually posted on some other popular places hours or even days before they get here. For instance, this particular news was already on Instablog9ja on Instagram since yesterday and now just making it here... Shiorr

Modified : The phrase "Heaven helps those who help themselves" is actually a common saying and its not written exactly like this in the Bible. But y'all should read your Bibles to see different stories and sayings that suggest it... Example is 2nd Thessalonians 3vs10
Oh, thank GOD u modified ur post.
Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by Nobody: 4:20am On Aug 09, 2019
Offpoint:

I'm tired of my name being dragged into what's not my business anyways.
na me send u �����
Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by riczy(m): 4:49am On Aug 09, 2019
I see folks bashing him, died for his belief; he died for sometin! Everyone one wud die for sometin!
Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by MISTAICEY02288(m): 7:19am On Aug 09, 2019
Aidejay:

Me I'm just seeing this now so it's news to me
So u left your instablog just to come and rant here on nairaland about news......of all things
The news cycle is fast and doesn't stop for anyone what is news now won't be news in the next 10 minutes because it's the cycle it keeps turning and turning. How u decided to make that one the bane of your existence is just sad. Naira land front page is bla bla bla...bla bla bla
What else will u do about it if not rant.

Oh well what i can do about it ia to talk so as to make the mods step up their game in here.. And also like i said, for me to have complained about this ia because i noticed its been happening pretty much often which is actually bad... However you take my comment is completely your business....
Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 09, 2019
riczy:
I see folks bashing him, died for his belief; he died for sometin! Everyone one wud die for sometin!

Surely his name could have been listed along with the unrighteous ones God promised to resurrect! Act 24:15
But after resurrection he will then realise he died as a foolish man not as a faithful man.
We have the opportunity to seek righteousness during the time of our youthful vigor, when we can serve God with agility and bliss. NOT when there is trouble pursuing us!
Going by his own story, he never had true faith because what he did isn't from the teachings he received as a child {2Timothy 3:15} he accepted this credulous idea because he desired freedom from what would have kept him in bondage throughout his life.
His death never brought any praise to God as many hearing this will now feel God is not real.
But just like that thief who begged Jesus for an opportunity to be remembered even though he's suffering alongside Jesus on the torture stake. He also could be shown mercy if truthfully he wasn't just trying to get an easy way out of the punishment that had been vested on all Adam's descendants {suffering, sickness and death}
Re: HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith by riczy(m): 8:04pm On Aug 25, 2019
Maximus69:

Surely his name could have been listed along with the unrighteous ones God promised to resurrect! Act 24:15
But after resurrection he will then realise he died as a foolish man not as a faithful man.
We have the opportunity to seek righteousness during the time of our youthful vigor, when we can serve God with agility and bliss. NOT when there is trouble pursuing us!
Going by his own story, he never had true faith because what he did isn't from the teachings he received as a child {2Timothy 3:15} he accepted this credulous idea because he desired freedom from what would have kept him in bondage throughout his life.
His death never brought any praise to God as many hearing this will now feel God is not real.
But just like that thief who begged Jesus for an opportunity to be remembered even though he's suffering alongside Jesus on the torture stake. He also could be shown mercy if truthfully he wasn't just trying to get an easy way out of the punishment that had been vested on all Adam's descendants {suffering, sickness and death}
Ama Jehovah I guess

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dancing In Church: First Baptist Church Agbede Warns Choir Members On Zanku, Gbe / Primate Ayodele: No President, No Governor, Nobody Can Take Over My Church / The Sin Of self-service And Its Consequencies In The Life Of God's People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.