Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers (36829 Views)

TECNO Beats Samsung, Others To Claim Africa's Top Smartphone Brand 2020 / Nigeria Ranked 4th In List Of Selected Countries With The Cheapest Data Plans / Top Smartphone Makers And The Football Teams They Support (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by manontree: 12:17pm On Aug 08, 2019
Samsung and Huawei may have shipped more than Apple but what is actually the value of these shipments in dollar terms? There are cheap versions of samsung and Huawei compared to Apple. It is highly likely that the dollar value of the shipments apple did surpassed the first three combined

2 Likes

Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by Durchmann(m): 12:38pm On Aug 08, 2019
Why this people dey lie give us Na?

Tecno? Hong Kong company?

Ok. I get.

Na Edu Hong Kong wey get am.

Nice one from our brothers in the SE. grin

Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by GeneralPula: 12:40pm On Aug 08, 2019
BabaIbo:
There are 3 phones there: Samsung, Apple and others.

I tell you bro!!!

2 Likes

Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by tigerclaws: 12:43pm On Aug 08, 2019
[s]
GeneralPula:

I tell you bro!!!
[/s]
Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 12:43pm On Aug 08, 2019
TGM2015:

So Samsung phones are the most quality phones in the world? Iphones are less quality than Huawei and OPPO right? And as Nokia phones were not mentioned in the post, it shows that Nokia phones are inferior to Tecno àbí?
So in your mind na you believe that iPhones have more quality than Huawei undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by freemi(m): 12:43pm On Aug 08, 2019
Neimar:

Itel keh?
itel has improvd o. Nt like before again
Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by KingstonDome: 12:48pm On Aug 08, 2019
Register now

Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by goodlife4every1(m): 12:55pm On Aug 08, 2019
Ennyholar:
According to the popular IHS Markit list of the world’s top smartphone makers, Apple is the biggest loser during the second quarter of 2019. The USA tech company drops to 4th on the list as they could only ship out 35.3 million phones.

Samsung leads the list with 75.1 million phones shipped during the quarter. Huawei comes 2nd with 58.7 million phones, Oppo at 3rd with 36.2 million phones. Rounding up the list is Vivo, LG, Motorola, Tecno and TCL-Alcatel.

Many analysts believe the reason for the drop in sales of iPhones is due to its consumers holding on to older models. While this is right in its own standard, it doesn’t take a genius to figure out that Apple refusal to release cheaper iPhones to target emerging markets also has a role to play.

One of the many smartphone makers to have capitalised on the potential of emerging markets is Tecno. The Hong-Kong owned company is ranked 9th on the IHS Markit list with most of their revenue coming from Africa.

Tecno shipped 3.9 million phones in the second quarter of 2019 which accounts for 1% of the market share. In the first quarter of 2019, the company shipped 3.8 million phones. It’s not really progress considering that in the second quarter of 2018, they had shipped 4 million phones. So it’s fair to say their sales have been somewhat stagnant over the past 12 months.

At this point where the general sales of smartphones are decreasing drastically, Tecno has arguably had a successful business quarter compared to Apple.

https://www.phonecorridor.com/2019/08/tecno-moves-to-9th-while-apple-slips-to-4th-in-the-list-of-top-smartphone-makers/

Lie...
Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by Agugbadin: 1:10pm On Aug 08, 2019
BabaIbo:
There are 3 phones there: Samsung, Apple and others.

Huawei is also good but I must point out that Tecno and the likes are cheaper and meant for third world countries,these third world countries have the largest population, that is the reason why Techno is up there. Infinix is the worst phone I have ever used, their screen freezes without notice

4 Likes

Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 08, 2019
I don't know why Techno users are always proud of the crap they spent money on called phones. Dash me a Techo/infinix phone and watch me turn down the offer.

Those people produce beautiful nonsense. No wonder they could only sell in sub-sahara Africa. tongue We have a SON(Standard organization of Nigeria) that's still sleeping, but awake taking bribe.

1 Like

Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by lomprico(m): 1:23pm On Aug 08, 2019
top, as in quality or quantity produced?

1 Like

Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by Ernerstdavid55(m): 1:27pm On Aug 08, 2019
pickatyou:
The numbers don't matter
The price of their phones is what's keeping them afloat.

Bugatti , Ferrari, Lamborghini would never do a cheap car and would also never be top seller in term of quantity.

Just know your target audience and you will do just fine.
oga apple na number one before so the would want to retain there position as number one seller
Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by Jamesilvar(m): 1:40pm On Aug 08, 2019
When apple stops offering little value for top notch price, the will even surpass samsung. People can't be deceived forever na.
For example: how long did it take them to implement USB C on their mobile phones despite it being far better than their lightning connector? Or should I talk about their retina display?
Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by Icon79(m): 1:40pm On Aug 08, 2019
All these fake and useless statistics. How many phone models does Apple have in the market compared to Samsung and these other manufacturers? How much does an apple phone cost compared to the competition?

This is just like saying that Rolls Royce is "the biggest loser" simply because Toyota and Ford sold more vehicles than Rolls Royce shocked

O pari

Ennyholar:
According to the popular IHS Markit list of the world’s top smartphone makers, Apple is the biggest loser during the second quarter of 2019. The USA tech company drops to 4th on the list as they could only ship out 35.3 million phones.

Samsung leads the list with 75.1 million phones shipped during the quarter. Huawei comes 2nd with 58.7 million phones, Oppo at 3rd with 36.2 million phones. Rounding up the list is Vivo, LG, Motorola, Tecno and TCL-Alcatel.

Many analysts believe the reason for the drop in sales of iPhones is due to its consumers holding on to older models. While this is right in its own standard, it doesn’t take a genius to figure out that Apple refusal to release cheaper iPhones to target emerging markets also has a role to play.

One of the many smartphone makers to have capitalised on the potential of emerging markets is Tecno. The Hong-Kong owned company is ranked 9th on the IHS Markit list with most of their revenue coming from Africa.

Tecno shipped 3.9 million phones in the second quarter of 2019 which accounts for 1% of the market share. In the first quarter of 2019, the company shipped 3.8 million phones. It’s not really progress considering that in the second quarter of 2018, they had shipped 4 million phones. So it’s fair to say their sales have been somewhat stagnant over the past 12 months.

At this point where the general sales of smartphones are decreasing drastically, Tecno has arguably had a successful business quarter compared to Apple.

https://www.phonecorridor.com/2019/08/tecno-moves-to-9th-while-apple-slips-to-4th-in-the-list-of-top-smartphone-makers/

1 Like

Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 1:41pm On Aug 08, 2019
pickatyou:
The numbers don't matter
The price of their phones is what's keeping them afloat.

Bugatti , Ferrari, Lamborghini would never do a cheap car and would also never be top seller in term of quantity.

Just know your target audience and you will do just fine.
Hope you know these luxury car brands hardly make profit
Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by Corroro: 1:54pm On Aug 08, 2019
the African market really serves as a manure for the ever growing Tecno company, they have really made gains here
Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by gistpartner: 2:00pm On Aug 08, 2019
Funny quote, so who bought all the low quality phones shipped?

TGM2015:
This is not about the quality of phones produced but quantity of phone bought (shipped) within the period under review.
Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by gistpartner: 2:03pm On Aug 08, 2019
So please give analysis for when Apple was number 1, how do you explain this?

Icon79:
All these fake and useless statistics. How many phone models does Apple have in the market compared to Samsung and these other manufacturers? How much does an apple phone cost compared to the competition?

This is just like saying that Rolls Royce is "the biggest loser" simply because Toyota and Ford sold more vehicles than Rolls Royce shocked

O pari

Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by gistpartner: 2:06pm On Aug 08, 2019
shocked, really?

BeLookingIDIOT:

Hope you know these luxury car brands hardly make profit

1 Like

Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by Cadec007(m): 2:07pm On Aug 08, 2019
umarsule885:
Trade war was part of the reason for Huawei ascending while iPhone decending....
lmao... No.... Huawei was 1st... 2nd quarter of last year.... The trade war cost them a decline not the other way round
Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by Cadec007(m): 2:09pm On Aug 08, 2019
Yeah!!! 3 of my boys are there.....

HUAWEI
OPPO
VIVO

Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by Cadec007(m): 2:11pm On Aug 08, 2019
lomprico:
top, as in quality or quantity produced?
in terms of quality it is

SAMSUNG
Huawei
One Plus
Oppo
Google
VIVO
Apple
Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by Cadec007(m): 2:19pm On Aug 08, 2019
TGM2015:

So Samsung phones are the most quality phones in the world? Iphones are less quality than Huawei and OPPO right? And as Nokia phones were not mentioned in the post, it shows that Nokia phones are inferior to Tecno àbí?
VIVO nex dual display...
Oppo find X...
HUAWEI p30 pro(super zoom)
SAMSUNG s10 plus (wireless and shared charging)

Tell me what is quality about iPhones? grin grin grin

The glorified and hyped camera iPhone usually boast about... Huawei shut them up this year... Ba3.. Nahh, i don't even wanna compare... Processors? Check out the speed of one plus 7 pro.... Original Innovation.... VIVO got the dual display... Fvcking tell me what quality the iPhone has... grin

Btw.... Have you seen the arrangement of cameras on the leaked iPhone 11?.... grin grin grin crap!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by popcykaylah(m): 2:27pm On Aug 08, 2019
Jaynom:
Tecno's Cameras are amazing. I can't even lie
Tecno camera ?? Where did you keep Samsung camera,iPhone camera,nokia and oppo?
Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by joeyswift(m): 2:43pm On Aug 08, 2019
What about our own infinix? Number one in naija
Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by olujosh301(m): 2:47pm On Aug 08, 2019
Tecno edited the list and added their name there cause on gsmarena I can't find tecno

3 Likes

Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by olujosh301(m): 2:48pm On Aug 08, 2019
Ernerstdavid55:
oga apple na number one before so the would want to retain there position as number one seller

When last was apple number one ?
Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by sunboy(m): 2:50pm On Aug 08, 2019
Are we talking about the same Tecno that did not leave the shores of Africa ?

That chart must be for Africa not the world.
Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by Naanlong01: 3:24pm On Aug 08, 2019
TGM2015:

The way some nairanlanders intelligently takes one up eh, you will even ask yourself what were you thinking when you were typing your post. I'm sure he will accept he didn't calm down enough before typing what we have up there.

2 Likes

Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by UrVillagePpl: 3:32pm On Aug 08, 2019
this OPPO is sponsoring BB9ja is actually a big brand..

but not really recognize in this part of the world...
maybe in 3-4 years , its gonna be evrwher.

i wish i could get 1. cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by bizhop01: 3:39pm On Aug 08, 2019
I see why tecno pack nigeria money to Manchester city fc

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What You Don’t Know About MTN Android Phone S620 & S720i (photo) / My Experience With Android Phones So Far (photos) / How To Change Your Network From 3g To 4g

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.