Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,072 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

How Do I Cope With This Guy? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Cope With This Guy? (4729 Views)

How Can I Cope With This Wicked Girl? / How Can I Cope With This Wicked Girl? / How Do I Cope With This Heartbreak (Please Advise Me) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Cope With This Guy? by Premiumwriter: 12:19pm On Aug 08, 2019
Afternoon

Recently, I decided to moving in with a new roommate.

The place is great and the guy is good, so far.

But I'm finding it difficult coping with his neatness.

I mean I'm a neat guy myself and take great care of my personal hygiene but it all pales out compared to this guy.

The guy is always cleaning the room and making sure everything is placed where they belong.

There's not even a speck of dust on the floor as I'm typing this right now. No grain of rice anywhere.

I understand it's good to be neat but at this rate I don't know if I can keep up

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With This Guy? by icon02(m): 12:24pm On Aug 08, 2019
Step up, it will help you on the long run

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With This Guy? by XhosaNostra(f): 12:26pm On Aug 08, 2019
Why are you bothered by it though? I don't understand. Is he the type that doesn't want stuff to be touched again once he's put them away?
He sounds a little OCD, but otherwise an ideal person to live with.

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With This Guy? by nzeobi(m): 12:28pm On Aug 08, 2019
stay and be Influenced positively by him.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With This Guy? by BIGGIE121(m): 12:29pm On Aug 08, 2019
Mtcheeeeewww bad rubbish to good riddance
Re: How Do I Cope With This Guy? by Premiumwriter: 12:30pm On Aug 08, 2019
icon02:
Step up, it will help you on the long run
step up, bros we don Clean room 4 times this morning o

Him 3, me 1

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With This Guy? by Premiumwriter: 12:31pm On Aug 08, 2019
BIGGIE121:
Mtcheeeeewww bad rubbish to good riddance
What are you saying?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With This Guy? by Premiumwriter: 12:33pm On Aug 08, 2019
XhosaNostra:
Why are you bothered by it though? I don't understand. Is he the type that doesn't want stuff to be touched again once he's put them away?
nothing about touching.

Just that he might be expecting me to do some of these things and to be sincere, I'm not that kind of guy

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With This Guy? by Headlesschicken(m): 12:35pm On Aug 08, 2019
undecided Everything na problem for this country, to dey very neat now done become issue abi.... SMH...

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With This Guy? by vincentjk(m): 12:37pm On Aug 08, 2019
That's my type of person. That's why I don't have a roommate, I don't visit people's houses (even relatives) and spend more than two days there, I hardly talk to my street girls etc...

If he accepts you as a roommate then you just have to play along. Neatness is next to Godliness at least

11 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With This Guy? by XhosaNostra(f): 12:41pm On Aug 08, 2019
Premiumwriter:
nothing about touching.

Just that he might be expecting me to do some of these things and to be sincere, I'm not that kind of guy

I think you're jumping the gun here because people like him usually don't want others to do anything. Their only expectation is that you keep things as they are. That's why I asked if he's the type that gets anxious when you're about to use stuff. But hey, you can move so he can live in an environment that best suits him.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With This Guy? by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:23pm On Aug 08, 2019
Be yourself...and you dont need to change for anyone...so long as you ain't doing anything wrong.

This guy is just a compulsive cleaner, and so long as he doesn't force you to turn into him, then so be it

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With This Guy? by Gentlewarrior1(m): 1:33pm On Aug 08, 2019
Premiumwriter:
Afternoon

I mean I'm a neat guy myself and take great care of my personal hygiene but it all pales out compared to this guy.

The guy is always cleaning the room and making sure everything is placed where they belong.

There's not even a speck of dust on the floor as I'm typing this right now. No grain of rice anywhere.

I understand it's good to be neat but at this rate I don't know if I can keep up

Honestly i dislike such people

I have stayed with someone like this before. And just like you i am also a neat guy but that dudes own was just scary

Too much of anything is bad

This kind guy now u might just make a minor mistake and the next thing dude go fit wan run mad. He might act as if everything is okay while harbouring extreme grudge against you. It depends on individuals sha. But believe me never u trust an extremely neat dude especially one that is a nigerian
I suspect some of this extremely clean people can turn out to be psychos. Dem fit just poison u because say u mistakenly dirty where dem mop cheesy

Jokes apart though better watch your back just incase.

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With This Guy? by Lionsbet: 1:41pm On Aug 08, 2019
Premiumwriter:

Him 3, me 1

Wetin happen? Make una kukuma fumigate the room!

9 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With This Guy? by halogate: 1:49pm On Aug 08, 2019
Premiumwriter:

Him 3, me 1
grin grin grin...lol...my guy u don enta!!
..he either gets used to u or vice versa..
..thats why i don fancy roomies...i no want any weird human being wahala..those kain pple can keep grudge for small matter

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With This Guy? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 08, 2019
cheesy ur roommate has what is called obsessive compulsive personality disorder(OCPD) .so u just better bear with him or u simply rent another room.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With This Guy? by djoe21(m): 2:29pm On Aug 08, 2019
Premiumwriter:
Afternoon

OCD comes to mind.
Re: How Do I Cope With This Guy? by Mekenz(m): 2:53pm On Aug 08, 2019
lols I have a friend like that during my school days,I was in 200 level then,dude was in 300level.the guy was something else,always mobbing here and there.
our room was tied, the nigga must mop the whole place like like 5times a day. before lectures, after lectures, after lunch,before dinner and before retiring to bed,I think the guy has a little touch in the brain,because every time, he will be fetching water downstairs from the lodge well for all these,can you imagine,the guy no dey tire,
my own is to make sure that I provide detergent for the cleaning,though I enjoyed his tidy nature,but I pitied him because of the way he always subject himself to hard labours all the time.

14 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With This Guy? by rosy1992(f): 3:07pm On Aug 08, 2019
I love such personality, you just have to tolerate since you will be staying with him for the main time.
Re: How Do I Cope With This Guy? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 08, 2019
Emeka, what the fvck man? I let you stay in my house for free. Why are you coming here to complain?

9 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With This Guy? by Lionsbet: 5:00pm On Aug 08, 2019
Dudeweedlmao:
Emeka, what the fvck man? I let you stay in my house for free. Why are you coming here to complain?

Oh man! You try but you're fvcking dry!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With This Guy? by rowland545(m): 5:12pm On Aug 08, 2019
Dudeweedlmao:
lwkmd....Di's is damm funny

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With This Guy? by Ranchhoddas: 8:04pm On Aug 08, 2019
Dude.
You are in danger.
Re: How Do I Cope With This Guy? by Premiumwriter: 8:04pm On Aug 08, 2019
Dudeweedlmao:
grin

Chairman try losing up a little so make I no dey bring our mata cum here grin

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With This Guy? by Premiumwriter: 8:06pm On Aug 08, 2019
rosy1992:
I love such personality, you just have to tolerate since you will be staying with him for the main time.
hmm.. I get im number sha
Re: How Do I Cope With This Guy? by Premiumwriter: 8:06pm On Aug 08, 2019
Ranchhoddas:
Dude.
You are in danger.
why do you say that?
Re: How Do I Cope With This Guy? by Premiumwriter: 8:07pm On Aug 08, 2019
Mekenz:
lols I have a friend like that during my school days,I was in 200 level then,dude was in 300level.the guy was something else,always mobbing here and there.
our room was tied, the nigga must mop the whole place like like 5times a day. before lectures, after lectures, after lunch,before dinner and before retiring to bed,I think the guy has a little touch in the brain,because every time, he will be fetching water downstairs from the lodge well for all these,can you imagine,the guy no dey tire,
my own is to make sure that I provide detergent for the cleaning,though I enjoyed his tidy nature,but I pitied him because of the way he always subject himself to hard labours all the time.
you don get Wetin I dey talk.
Re: How Do I Cope With This Guy? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:22pm On Aug 08, 2019
My kind of person. And that's why I don't have a room mate yet! sad

This outcome makes me sad, though, but i still care less. People can't exceed more than two days in my house, and they in turn call me wicked.
Continue being with him, you'll adapt, and if you won't/can't, take a walk out. sad
Re: How Do I Cope With This Guy? by Kaycee54321(m): 9:34pm On Aug 08, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:
My kind of person. And that's why I don't have a room mate yet! sad

This outcome makes me sad, though, but i still care less. People can't exceed more than two days in my house, and they in turn call me wicked.
Continue being with him, you'll adapt, and if you won't/can't, take a walk out. sad

Hi. I'm still waiting for your response
Re: How Do I Cope With This Guy? by Michelle55: 10:00pm On Aug 08, 2019
You don enter well fitted one chance cheesy Your roomie is a perfectionist( everything must be in order and in place) this is a clear sign of OCD( either you keep up or do your own thing

Re: How Do I Cope With This Guy? by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:01pm On Aug 08, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Guess so because one should be happy having a neat roomie but it looks like the guy OP is talking about overdoes it

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With This Guy? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:19pm On Aug 08, 2019
Kaycee54321:

Hi. I'm still waiting for your response

I have replied. Check your mail.

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Left Me To Go And Marry. Now She's Back Again / How Can A Guy Die Becaus He Was Raped By Group Of Ladies, Is It Possible? / What See The Largest Penn**is In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.