Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,721 members, 7,824,050 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

The Love Grotto - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Love Grotto (19784 Views)

Please, For The Love Of God, Experienced People Should Help Me Out Here! / She Gives Me The Love I Deserve" 17yrs Old Lesbian Shares Love Up Photo With Bae / See The Love Letter A Secondary School Girl Wrote To Her Crush.(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Love Grotto by BigBasher: 12:25pm On Apr 12, 2020
Nice one.
Re: The Love Grotto by Awesome05: 6:46pm On Apr 13, 2020
Nice update.
Re: The Love Grotto by LoveToRead: 10:12am On Apr 15, 2020
Interesting episode.
Re: The Love Grotto by FrankAkowe: 6:19pm On Apr 15, 2020
I sighed. Yes, it was true that I didn’t ask about her background. Wait a minute, I realized she didn’t tell me anything about her parents apart from saying they lived here in Lagos.

‘Well, I guess it’s time to tell you the truth, now.’

‘Truth?’ I was all curious. ‘What truth, Ruth?’

She smiled briefly. ‘Have you heard about Otunba Ola Daniel?’

What a question! Who had not heard about Otunba Ola Daniel? He was an oil magnate and a well-known philanthropist. But why was Ruth asking?

‘Yes, I know about him. Why are you asking?’

She nodded and looked down on the floor. Then, in all modesty, she said: ‘I’m his daughter.’

‘What!’ There was no way I could contain my astonishment. Ruth? Daughter of Otunba Ola Daniel? I knew her name to be Ruth Bisola Daniel, but I never had inkling that she was in any way related to Otunba Daniel. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing.

‘I came to work for Apezlinks because dad wanted me to have experience outside his companies. He also wanted me not to disclose my real identity.’

I realized that my mouth was open in wonderment. I had to force it close.

‘Dad knows the MD of Apezlinks, so he arranged with him that I should work there for six months. While I was there, I met you. Here, we are.’

I sighed. This sounded like a fairy tale. At best, it sounded like a tale from the movie industry. How was she able to mingle with me and other members of staff when she was at the advertising company without once betraying her real background?

How was she able to conceal all these from me until now?

‘This is serious,’ I said. ‘What about your current job? How come the six months you wanted to spend with the advert agency coincided with your getting a new job?’

Once again, she smiled. ‘There was no coincidence. It was all planned. Saturn Oil and Gas Company, the company I’m currently working for, is owned by my father.’

I gaped at her. Now, I knew better. ‘But why didn’t you tell me all these this while? Why playing secrecy with everything? And knowing my humble background, why did you accept my offer of companionship?’

She came to sit on the seat next to mine and held my right hand. ‘I played secretly because I wanted to be very certain you really have affection for me. I had to be careful.

'Then, I accepted your offer of companionship because I wanted and still want genuine love.’

I sighed. Alright, so she was a daughter of a multi-millionaire, where would that lead me? My father was a retired level sixteen judicial officer in Kwara State judiciary who presently lived on pension.

My mother, of blessed soul, was a trader. While alive, she wasn’t making much money from her trade, but she gave all that she had. Now, her humble son was about to bring home the daughter of a rich business mogul.

Would it not amount to being unequally yoked if I continued my relationship with Ruth? How would I be able to meet her demands or satisfy her taste? How would I fit in?

I grinned and shook my head. ‘Well, it’s been wonderful being friendly with a down-to-earth and nice person like you. Thank you for the friendship. But then, I can see clearly that this relationship cannot really get to the destination I would have wished it gets to.’

She looked at me sharply. ‘What d’you mean? What are you talking about?’

I grinned. ‘I mean we don’t belong to the same class. The marriage I have in mind will not be possible with this sharp class difference.’

She chuckled. ‘I should be the one to complain. I should be the one to show disapproval.’

I shook my head again. Would it work? Would her parents approve of me? Above all, sooner than later, would she not put on condescending air and be a thorn in my flesh?

Well, maybe I should just play along for now. At least, I could regard her as a friend. I sighed and tried to relax.

‘Are you still in doubt of my sincerity?’ she asked.

I grinned and squeezed her hand. Of course it went beyond sincerity, but this might not be the best moment to discuss that. ‘No, I don’t doubt you.’

‘You’re scared?’

I tried to be a man. ‘Scared of what?’

She shrugged. ‘I don’t know. Somehow, you look scared or something.’

Why would I not be scared? I however tried to keep a cool mien.

‘I’m okay,’ I said.

‘Alright, now, what do you want to be entertained with?’

‘Anything.’

She smiled. ‘Are you sure you want anything?’

I shrugged. ‘Sure.’

‘Okay. Give me a minute.’ She smiled at me, stood up and moved out of sight.

I looked about me unbelievably again. Wonderful.
She must be good in one thing and that was keeping a secret. With all the chat we had had in the office and in my home, she did not even make a slip in revealing her identity. She definitely knew how to keep a secret.

You can get the full download: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_love_grotto/28460

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Love Grotto by Janet96(f): 6:08pm On Apr 18, 2020
Thanks for the update.
Re: The Love Grotto by FrankAkowe: 1:34pm On Apr 20, 2020
She smiled. ‘Are you sure you want anything?’

I shrugged. ‘Sure.’

‘Okay. Give me a minute.’ She smiled at me, stood up and moved out of sight.

I looked about me unbelievably again. Wonderful.

She must be good in one thing and that was keeping a secret. With all the chat we had had in the office and in my home, she did not even make a slip in revealing her identity. She definitely knew how to keep a secret.

A couple of minutes later, I could hear soft footsteps, but they didn’t belong to her. The maid was back, grinning.

‘Aunty Ruth said you should come along.’

I slightly raised my brows but stood up.

‘This way, please,’ she continued.

I followed her down the corridor. I could see the way that led to an expansive sitting-room by the left. The maid did not go there. We kept walking on the corridor.

At the end of it, to the right, was a door. It was opened and I was ushered inside a big room. Ruth was inside, sitting on a navy blue sofa and smiling up at me.

The room contained a bed, a set of seats and a dressing table with a giant mirror. There were also a laptop and an i-pad on the dressing table, apart from some make-up kits.

Rows of wardrobes were on the left side. Above the table, a six-inch by four-inch photograph of a beautiful lady who was unmistakably Ruth was hanging on the wall. Nice scents permeated the air. This was, without doubts, Ruth’s room.

‘Welcome to my humble room,’ she said. ‘Please sit down while Titi gets your food.’

I smiled, took a seat and sat down gingerly. She called it a ‘humble room’. What an irony! To me, I might as well be inside a room in Birmingham palace or inside the White House.

Everything inside the mansion was grand including the room I was presently inside.

‘You look nervous,’ she observed, smiling.

Again, I tried to relax. There was nothing to be nervous about again, was there?

To make me be at ease, she opened one of the drawers attached to the table and brought out a photo album.

‘Here, you can go through these meanwhile.’

She came to sit by my side while I went through her many pictures. I could see her pictures of different ages, from babyhood to childhood and adulthood.

There was no mistake that she was born with a silver spoon. She explained some pictures to me as I gazed. From what she said, she had two siblings – a senior brother and a junior sister.

‘Mick lives in the U.S.A while Irene is schooling at Redeemers University here in Nigeria.’

I nodded. The guy looked smug while the young lady looked conceited. If everything worked out well, Mick would be my brother-in-law while Irene would be my sister-in-law. Something told me that was not going to be easy.

I saw pictures of Ruth with her friends, her mummy and her dad, Otunba Ola Daniel himself. In most of his pictures, he looked snobbish and aloof. I sighed.

Certainly, this man was going to be a tough father-in-law. I also saw Ruth’s pictures when she was abroad.
‘I took that in Cannes, France,’ she said, pointing at a picture where she posed at the entrance of a hotel.

‘That was during last year summer.’

I nodded. My mind was busy.

There was a soft knock on the door. Titi was back.

‘The food is ready,’ she announced. ‘Should I serve it on the dinning-table, or should I bring it here?’

‘Bring it here,’ Ruth answered promptly.

‘Yes, aunty.’

Few minutes later, Titi brought a tray in. She set a stool in my front and put the tray on it. There were plates of food containing delicious-smelling meal. I opened the first plate and saw fried rice.

I had guessed it was rice and I was right. This must be my plate. Ruth opened the second plate. She nodded at the fried chicken there. The third plate contained salad and some greens. They were not my favorite but I guessed I must have a taste of them.

‘If they’re not enough, I’ll get you more.’

I was surprised. ‘What about you? Are you not eating?’

‘I’ll eat, but this is all for you.’

My eyes popped out. ‘But I can’t finish all these!’

She smiled and shrugged. ‘Why don’t you eat to your fill first?’

I surely had a lot to eat, and as greedy as I might be, I couldn’t finish even half of it. After the food, she ordered Titi to bring a bottle of wine and two glass cups.

Then, she played movie on the video player. The intimacy could not go beyond the chit-chats. Besides, I had my reservations. I knew that except by divine providence, a relationship like this would not go far.

I was just too conscious of the class where I belonged.

Get the full download: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_love_grotto/28460

1 Like

Re: The Love Grotto by Zamar: 3:10pm On Apr 22, 2020
Thanks for the update.
Re: The Love Grotto by FrankAkowe: 6:34pm On Apr 28, 2020
My eyes popped out. ‘But I can’t finish all these!’

She smiled and shrugged. ‘Why don’t you eat to your fill first?’

I surely had a lot to eat, and as greedy as I might be, I couldn’t finish even half of it. After the food, she ordered Titi to bring a bottle of wine and two glass cups.

Then, she played movie on the video player. The intimacy could not go beyond the chit-chats. Besides, I had my reservations. I knew that except by divine providence, a relationship like this would not go far. I was just too conscious of the class where I belonged.

A couple of hours later, I stood up. ‘I must really appreciate the very warm welcome you gave me, my dear Ruth,’ I said. ‘Thanks so much for the hospitality.’
‘You’re going so soon?’

I checked the time on my phone. It was few minutes after mid-day. ‘Sorry, but I need to do some washing.

Then, by three o’clock, I need to be in the church. As a teacher in the teenage section of my church, we – I and some of the teens - need to do the cleaning of the teenage church.’

‘Oh.’ She looked disappointed but still managed a smile. ‘I guess I understand. Let me drive you to the nearest bus stop where it will be easy for you to get a cab.’

Again, I was surprised. ‘You could drive?’

‘Sure.’

The car was a latest model of Toyota Corolla. Of course, it was not among the luxury ones I ogled when I first entered the compound, but it was a classy car in its own right.

‘I asked daddy to give me this one during my last birthday,’ she explained. ‘Then, I gave the other one out.’
She even gave a car out, my mind said wistfully. Wow!

The way she handled the Toyota showed that she was adroit in handling it. I sighed.

‘Did you enjoy your visit?’ she asked.

Did I? If you would enjoy a night in a five-star hotel with all expenses paid, then I enjoyed my visit. ‘Sure I did,’ I answered.

She drove towards Maryland bus stop.

‘I can drop here,’ I said when we got to Abule Onigbagbo bus stop.

‘Are you sure you’re okay here? I was thinking of taking you to Maryland.’

‘Here is okay.’

She slowed down and pulled the car over.

‘Let me once again thank you for …’

She stopped further words with a kiss – a long, deep kiss.

‘You’re a gem,’ I said, quite breathless. I didn’t know when I said it but I realized I had said the truth.

She smiled. ‘And you’re a gem too,’ she replied.

Was she just trying to reciprocate my gesture? Or was that a sincere assessment? Whatever it was, I felt it was a good compliment.

‘Thanks. Have a nice weekend.’ I got down from the car and waved at her. An empty cab was approaching so I waved it down.

‘Agege,’ I told the cab driver.

‘Which side of Agege?’

‘Ogba Road.’

He nodded. ‘Enter.’

I entered the cab. No haggling, no disputation.

Once again, I waved at Ruth as the cab zoomed off. My mind was busy in the cab up to the time I alighted and entered my flat. I was a worried man. But why should I be worried? Was I not supposed to be happy that I had got myself a jewel of inestimable value? Would men in my shoes not be happy that they had struck gold?

In my sitting-room, I could see how my place paled into insignificance when compared to where Ruth lived.

I was still thinking about her when she called my line.

‘I want to know if you’ve got home and if all is well.’

I smiled at the phone. ‘All is well,’ I answered. ‘Thanks, dear. You’re such a wonderful lady.’

‘And you’re a wonderful guy.’

I grinned, wondering if she must tell me those superlative words I genuinely believed she deserved. We chatted a bit more before she disconnected the line.

I did some washing and went to the church later to clean up the church with some of the teenagers.
The following day was Sunday and I was in the church as early as seven a.m. as a church worker.

After the service, I moved close to the altar and went on my knees to pray to God. I asked God to show me who my wife was. I was not a gold digger and certainly was not going to be a leech to a lady from a wealthy family.

You can get the full download: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_love_grotto/28460

1 Like

Re: The Love Grotto by Janet96(f): 1:56pm On May 01, 2020
Interesting. God is the best to give directions.
Re: The Love Grotto by FrankAkowe: 2:13pm On Jun 21, 2020
The following day was Sunday and I was in the church as early as seven a.m. as a church worker. After the service, I moved close to the altar and went on my knees to pray to God.

I asked God to show me who my wife was. I was not a gold digger and certainly was not going to be a leech to a lady from a wealthy family.

All I wanted was a good, God-fearing wife.

After my prayers, the first person I saw when I opened my eyes was Sister Ada. Ada was in the choir. She was single and pretty. I was tempted to believe that the way she always smiled at me was rather inviting. She had one of those warm smiles on her face right now and was staring down at me.

‘The pastor wants to see you,’ she said.

‘Pastor?’

‘Yes.’

I stood up to go to the pastor’s office.

We discussed how to prepare the teens for the forthcoming Children’s Day. After church programme, I went home straight. By three o’clock, I got a call from Ruth again.

‘Will you be at home by five this evening?’ she wanted to know. ‘I want to come around.’

I grinned. That was the time I was supposed to go for House Fellowship. For Ruth, I was prepared to miss the programme.

‘Sure, I’ll be at home,’ I replied.

‘Good. Be expecting me. See you.’

‘Yeah. See you, dear.’

Now, having realized the kind of background Ruth had, I was fidgety about how best to entertain her. Well, that should not be a problem, should it?

Thank God, there was a good eatery not far from where I lived. I could easily take her there or get her something from there.

Few minutes to five, a car blared its horn at the car.

That could be Ruth; I thought and went out to check. I was correct. She was the lady behind the wheel of the sleek Toyota car.

‘Hello, darling.’

‘Good evening, dear.’ She gave me a wintry smile.

I went on to throw the gates wide open to her so that she could drive in.

‘How’re you, dear?’ I said.

‘Fine. How was your Sunday?’

‘Great. Glory be to God.’

She got down from the car and I gave her a peck. She went to the boot of the car and brought a medium size Ghana-must-go bag out. She also brought a polythene bag containing two food flasks out. I wondered what the bag was for, but did not say anything.

I preceded her to my flat.

‘How was Sunday service?’ she asked.

‘Ah, the service was great. God is working in mighty ways.’

‘You can say that again.’ She put the two bags she had brought on the glass center table. She lifted the polythene nylon.

‘I brought some food and soup for you,’ she said. ‘I’ll take them to the kitchen and pour them in pots.’

‘Oh, that’s mighty considerate of you,’ I replied, smiling expansively. ‘But I think you should not have bothered yourself going through all these troubles for me.’

‘Oh, come on, Frank. If I don’t do it for my love, who will I do it for?’

My smile remained on. I must confess it was good to hear that.

She pointed at the second bag. ‘This,’ she went on to unzip it, ‘contains some wears that I think will be useful to you.’

She started bringing out the articles inside the bag.

There were six packet shirts, three trousers including a pair of jeans, two pairs of brogues shoes, a bottle of Giorgio Armani perfume, a Lacoste belt and two Versace ties.

‘These are for you,’ she announced.

I was impressed with what she had done. ‘All these?’
She nodded. ‘You deserve more than these, dear.’

I didn’t know how else to say thank you to her other than to hug her.

‘I really appreciate your magnanimity,’ I gushed.

‘You’re welcome.’

As much as I welcomed her generous disposition, I was still slightly worried. Maybe I was too old-fashioned or conservative – or both – but I didn’t really fancy a man depending on a woman to look good.

I tried as much as possible, within my limited resources, to be cute, but it was like Ruth was about to give my efforts unimaginable boosts.

She took the nylon containing the food flasks to the kitchen and I followed her. There, she poured the contents of the first flask which contained fried chicken into a pot. The second flask contained fried rice.

That saved the trouble of taking her out to an eatery, at least for that day.

She dished some rice inside two plates, added some chicken laps and put them in a tray. We went back to the sitting-room. We ate to our satisfaction. Thereafter we chatted until eight in the evening when she announced that she would like to take her leave.

‘You’ve really done well, Ruth, darling. I really appreciate all you’ve done.’

She smiled and waved it off. I saw her off to her car.

‘Drive careful,’ I said, the way I would tell a loving sister.

‘I’ll give you a call later.’

‘Okay. Goodnight.’ She drove off.

I returned to my living-room and examined the items she had brought again. Two of the shirts were Marks and Spencer while the remaining four were Yves Saint Laurent products. All these must have cost a lot.

I removed one of the shirts and tried it on. It was my exact size. How did she know my exact size?

I opened the perfume bottle and sprayed some on my arm. It really smelt good. My eyes went to the shoes. They were made of pure leather. One was a pair of black, while the second was a pair of brown.

I tried one of the pairs on. I was not surprised. Size 42 fitted me perfectly.

I remembered my prayer to God in the church. Had God answered my prayers or was Ruth a matter of fluke relationship? If she was not in love, would she go to the extent of doing all these?

What would be her gain if she was just doing all these just for the hell of it?

Then I asked myself if I was really in love with her. My answer was yes. I didn’t fall in love because of her background. I fell in love and expressed my feelings when I thought she came from the same social class that I came from.

Well, that moment, I decided that my love for Ruth was real and I must not allow any material factor to undermine that fact. I must remain in love with her and I must, in all ways, not disappoint her. I called her few minutes after nine.

‘Hello, Ruth darling. Have you got home?’

‘Yes. I just got home.’

‘Good to hear that. Thanks for the other time.’

‘You don’t have to keep saying that,’ she pointed out. ‘It’s a pleasure for me to do what I did.’

‘Thanks all the same.’

She laughed shortly across the line. ‘You’re welcome.’
After the telephone conversation, I realized that somehow, I must still continue with my prayers of getting a godly and God-fearing wife.

Ruth appeared to fit in, but something told me things might not continue to be as smooth as they appeared to be.

I was proved right by mid-day of Monday while at my place of work. I got a call from an unknown number.

You can get the full story from: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_love_grotto/28460

1 Like

Re: The Love Grotto by Zamar: 4:31pm On Jun 21, 2020
Nice one
Re: The Love Grotto by LoveToRead: 10:57pm On Jun 22, 2020
Interesting story
Re: The Love Grotto by SolaRaphael: 3:55pm On Jun 23, 2020
Nice
Re: The Love Grotto by Saturn101: 10:30am On Jun 24, 2020
Nice update
Re: The Love Grotto by FrankAkowe: 6:57pm On Jun 26, 2020
After the telephone conversation, I realized that somehow, I must still continue with my prayers of getting a godly and God-fearing wife.

Ruth appeared to fit in, but something told me things might not continue to be as smooth as they appeared to be.

I was proved right by mid-day of Monday while at my place of work. I got a call from an unknown number.

‘Hello, good afternoon,’ I said into the mouthpiece of the telephone.

‘Good afternoon. Is that Francis Akowe?’

It was a woman’s voice; a mature woman’s voice.

‘Yes, please. Who’s on the line?’

‘I am Chief Mrs. Bimbo Daniel, mother of Ruth,’ the woman said importantly.

I was instantly alert. That was Otunba’s wife. More importantly, that was my Ruth’s mother.

‘Can you hear me well?’ she asked.

Of course, I could hear her well. I could hear her loud and clear. ‘Yes, madam. I can hear you well. Good day, ma.’

‘Yeah.’

I could swear that her voice reeked of arrogance, conceit and self-importance.

‘Listen, Francis. Ruth only imagines she loves you. She’s not in love with you.’

My heart sank. It was like hearing a sad tiding. But, what made her say so?

‘Why did you say that, ma?’

‘Because I know my daughter very well,’ she snapped. ‘Listen, Francis, don’t be carried away by whatever she tells you or whatever she does. You must have it at the back of your mind that this relationship cannot get beyond friendship level. Even at that, the days of the friendship will soon be over.’

I was stunned. ‘But, I love her and I believe she loves me,’ I managed to say.

‘Love?’ She said it as if the word never existed. ‘Stop deceiving yourself. There’s nothing like love between you two. It was a figment of your imagination. Find yourself another lady and leave Ruth alone.’

I was flabbergasted. ‘But …’

I realized she had cut the line. ‘Hello …Hello …’ No response.

I wanted to call her back, but stopped short. What else would I tell her? My mind was in a labyrinth of confusion.

Why did the woman speak in the way that she did? Why was she so categorical about Ruth not loving me?

One thing was clear: she did not want the relationship to continue. Why? Was it because of the class dichotomy? Was it that she felt I would never be a good husband to Ruth? My mind was filled with so many questions.

Above all, I felt saddened. It was like someone had just poured sand into my garri. So what should I do now? Should I call Ruth and tell her what her mother had just said? Should I just believe the woman and kiss the relationship good bye? Now, I was convinced I had to say more prayers.

Later that day when Ruth called, I decided not to tell her yet about her mother’s call and warning. We talked warmly on the phone about missing each other.

The Wednesday of that week, Ruth surprised me by visiting my residence. As usual, I had returned from work by six o’clock. I was in my sitting-room watching the news on the television when I heard the sound of a car driving inside the compound.

I didn’t even think she was the one. Two of my neighbors had cars, and it might have been one of them. It was when my bell rang and, upon opening the door, I saw that she was the one.

‘Gee, what a surprise!’ I said. ‘I didn’t realize you’re the one that drove in.’

‘Yes, I wanted to give you a surprise.’

I gave her a short welcome kiss.

‘You’re welcome, my dear,’ I went on. ‘How was work today?’

‘Fine. How about yours?’

‘Fine too.’

We sat together on the sofa.

‘I was just thinking of what to eat for dinner when you came,’ I said. ‘Let’s go to an eatery to eat.’

She smiled and opened her bag. I could see that she brought extra cloths along.

‘I intend to sleep here tonight,’ she said. ‘Then, I brought something we could eat along.’

My heart started racing. Her mum said she did not really love me, yet she wanted to sleep in my apartment. How would I reconcile these two variances?

Get the full download from: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_love_grotto/28460

1 Like

Re: The Love Grotto by FairCritic(m): 7:40am On Jun 27, 2020
Nice one up
Re: The Love Grotto by tonysunkan: 4:43pm On Jun 27, 2020
Cool.
Re: The Love Grotto by Zamar: 12:05pm On Jun 28, 2020
Nice one.
Re: The Love Grotto by FrankAkowe: 1:32pm On Jun 29, 2020
She smiled and opened her bag. I could see that she brought extra cloths along.

‘I intend to sleep here tonight,’ she said. ‘Then, I brought something we could eat along.’

My heart started racing. Her mum said she did not really love me, yet she wanted to sleep in my apartment. How would I reconcile these two variances?

She brought a nylon containing some burger out.
‘I won’t eat much, so this should be okay for us.’

I smiled and nodded. She had saved me yet another trouble.

‘Let me warm it with the micro-wave in the kitchen,’ I said. We went to the kitchen together. At that point, I decided it was time I told her that her mum called me.

‘Your mummy called me on Monday afternoon,’ I started.

She didn’t look surprised. ‘Yes. She said she would like to call you, so I gave her your number.’

I grinned wanly. I could bet Ruth did not know what her mummy said. ‘Did you know what she told me?’

She smiled. ‘I can guess. She told you to be very careful, and not to break my heart.’

I chuckled. My dear Ruth, you’re so wrong, I thought.

‘Do you really love me?’ I asked.

She stopped to stare at me. ‘How could you still ask such a question?’

I shook my head. ‘I’m sorry, but what your mummy said made me to ask.’

She continued to stare at me, in addition to the curiosity that clouded her face. ‘What did she say?’

I sighed, weighing how best to tell her.

‘Tell me,’ she said urgently, ‘what did my mummy tell you?’

I tried to look very sober. ‘She said your love for me is only a fancy; that I shouldn’t think much of this relationship.’

Her mouth was open. There was no doubt she was astonished to hear what I said.

‘Tell me … tell me you’re joking.’

I shook my head a little bit sadly. ‘Honestly, I wished it was a joke, but that was what she said. I was made to believe that this is more of infatuation or something.’

She was silent for several seconds. ‘But how could mum say such a thing? I thought she was happy for me that I’ve found love.’

I sighed but did not say anything. The micro-wave oven chimed. She removed the burger and up put the plate in a small tray. We returned to the sitting-room.

‘I shouldn’t be totally surprised that she said that. I can see it now. When I first told her about you, she asked if I really thought you loved me. I told her yes. She didn’t say anything again, but I can see now that she didn’t believe me.’

I nodded. Somehow, I could not totally blame her mother. Ruth looked like a naïve lady – beautiful, but very innocent. Besides, I could see that her mother was trying very well to protect her daughter.

You can get the full story from: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_love_grotto/28460

1 Like

Re: The Love Grotto by BigBasher: 4:17pm On Jun 29, 2020
Cool.
Re: The Love Grotto by Awesome05: 6:27pm On Jun 29, 2020
Ride on.
Re: The Love Grotto by CasNova: 11:13am On Jun 30, 2020
Interesting
Re: The Love Grotto by Zamar: 12:26pm On Jul 05, 2020
Nice one
Re: The Love Grotto by FrankAkowe: 3:51pm On Jul 05, 2020
I sighed but did not say anything. The micro-wave oven chimed. She removed the burger and up put the plate in a small tray. We returned to the sitting-room.

‘I shouldn’t be totally surprised that she said that. I can see it now. When I first told her about you, she asked if I really thought you loved me. I told her yes. She didn’t say anything again, but I can see now that she didn’t believe me.’

I nodded. Somehow, I could not totally blame her mother. Ruth looked like a naïve lady – beautiful, but very innocent. Besides, I could see that her mother was trying very well to protect her daughter.

‘It’s okay,’ I said, smiling. ‘I think, like any good mother, she’s just trying to protect her daughter.

She wants you to be very careful and to make the right choice.’

‘So, you think she’s right? You think I’m not capable of falling in love genuinely?’

‘Oh no,’ I quickly answered. ‘I’m not saying that.

I’m only saying that so far, all I can see is a loving mother who does not want her lovely daughter to fall into a wrong hand.’

‘Are you a wrong hand?’

I chuckled again. ‘No, I don’t think so. But, I’m just trying to look at things from her perspectives. Hey, you don’t worry. I know the feelings I have for you are real. Let’s eat.’

I said a short prayer over the meal and we ate, silently. Just as my mind was busy, I supposed that hers was busy too.

After the meal, and after the table was cleared, we sat on the sofa together. I could see that the information about what her mum had said still somehow distressed her. I pulled her to me and tried to make her relax.

I wrapped my left hand on her shoulders.

‘When two people are in love,’ I said, ‘the important thing is they must genuinely be in love. Once their love is real, then they will be able to withstand any pressure or challenge. I love you, Ruth. I can assure you of that.

I really love you, so nothing anybody says can dampen my love. It’s genuine and God knows that.’

I thought she would try to reciprocate what I said. She did not. Instead, her lips came on mine and there was a long, deep kiss.

‘I think Ruth should not be carried away by infatuation,’ I said, quite breathless.

‘You think at twenty-four, she doesn’t know what real love is?’

I smiled. ‘If she were my sister, I’ll advise her to be very sure before giving her heart to a man.’

‘And what if she’s already sure?’

‘In that case, I’ll wish her the best of luck.’

Her lips came again and the kiss resumed. It went for such a long time I wondered if it had become a pastime. All along, I only cuddled her back. Then it occurred to me that she might want more than that. She I take a step further?

My mind said yes so the right hand move slowly but steadily to the bust. It was not the first time that adventurous hand would be making that trip.

Unlike the previous attempt at exploring that region, the hostess was receptive this time around. As a fact, the hand was warmly welcome. That was a good encouragement. The other hand was invited for full exploration. She yielded all along.

I took her to the bedroom and we had first most intimate moments together.

‘What made you change your mind?’ I asked afterwards. We were naked under the blanket and she still cuddled up to me, stroking my chest.

‘Why did you think I changed my mind?’ she parried.

I appeared in thought momentarily. ‘I guess it’s because I’m a handsome guy.’

She playfully smacked my chest. ‘You’re wrong. Try again.’

I smiled. ‘Maybe it’s because I go to church regularly.’

She chuckled. ‘Nope. Being religious has nothing to do with it.’

I sighed. ‘Alright, I give up. Tell me the reason.’

She took her time before saying: ‘I’ve realized that the two of us are truly in love.’

I was enamored to that statement. I forgot all the reservations expressed by her mother and went on to have another round of love-making with her. We had a blissful night together.

Early in the morning, we woke up, took our bath and dressed up for our different places of work. For the remaining part of the week, thinking about my moments of intimacy with Ruth made me glow.

That Saturday, I was supposed to visit Ruth again at the Ikeja G.R.A residence. In the morning while I dressed up, I realized that I must really look my best anytime I paid her a visit.

I wore my best shirt and one of the new trousers she gave me. I also wore the black brogues and used the perfume. I was about to step out of my apartment when my phone rang.

I was surprised to find that it was Ms. Judith that was calling.

‘Hello, Francis.’

‘Good morning, madam. How’s the weekend?’

‘Ah, the weekend is good o,’ she replied gleefully. ‘I’m really happy.’

I wondered the source of her happiness. ‘I’m happy for you, madam,’ I said without thinking much about what I had said.

‘Yes, you should be. I’m at that hospital and I’ve just got the medical report that I’m three weeks pregnant. Oh, Francis, thank you so much.’

The smile froze on my face. ‘I’m …I’m happy for you, madam,’ I managed to say.

‘Yes o. I just called to inform you and to say thank you once again.’

1 Like

Re: The Love Grotto by SolaRaphael: 6:58pm On Jul 05, 2020
Nice update
Re: The Love Grotto by BigBasher: 8:09am On Jul 06, 2020
Nice
Re: The Love Grotto by Lisaint(m): 2:37pm On Jul 06, 2020
Awesome05:

Nice.

You quote the whole story because you wanna type nice
Nawa o
Re: The Love Grotto by Zamar: 11:28am On Jul 09, 2020
Nice one
Re: The Love Grotto by tonysunkan: 12:08pm On Jul 10, 2020
Interesting
Re: The Love Grotto by FrankAkowe: 12:38pm On Jul 11, 2020
I wondered the source of her happiness. ‘I’m happy for you, madam,’ I said without thinking much about what I had said.

‘Yes, you should be. I’m at that hospital and I’ve just got the medical report that I’m three weeks pregnant. Oh, Francis, thank you so much.’

The smile froze on my face. ‘I’m …I’m happy for you, madam,’ I managed to say.

‘Yes o. I just called to inform you and to say thank you once again.’

‘You’re welcome, madam. Congratulations.’

‘Thanks, Francis. I know everything will turn out well and when it’s time for delivery, our baby will be a bouncing baby.’

‘I pray so, madam.’

‘Yeah. Okay, Francis, have a nice weekend.’

‘And you too, ma’am.’

The line was disconnected. Well, congratulations to her. She could now have the baby she so much desired to have. But wait a minute. Did she have to inform me that she was weeks pregnant? She had paid me off for what I did and I thought it should be a foregone matter by now.

Besides, I didn’t like the way she said ‘our baby.’ It was her baby. Whatever I had assisted her to get had become history. I shook my head, locked up my apartment and moved to the bus stop. I would not allow her zeal about her pregnancy to dampen my own zeal about my dear Ruth.

About five hours later, I was back in my apartment. Just like my first visit to her residence, I was given the red carpet treatment. From what I had seen so far, Ruth knew how to take good care of someone. If not for the fact that I had to be in the church to supervise the cleaning of the teens church again, I would have lingered in Ruth’s place.

After the cleaning, I prayed shortly with the five teens that had come around. We shared the grace and I was about to dismiss them when Ada surfaced. The choir members too had been having a rehearsal, so I wasn’t surprised to see her.

‘Good evening, Brother Francis,’ she greeted.

‘Good evening, Sister Ada.’

‘Are you through with what you were doing?’

I nodded. ‘Yes.’

‘I want to see you.’

That was not unusual. Members of the church usually said things like that.

We remained on the corridor in front of the door to the teens church. ‘Do we go inside or can we do the talking here?’ I asked.

‘I think it’s okay here.’

I nodded. ‘Alright.’

She took a deep breath in. What she wanted to say must be very important. ‘I’ve been praying to God for a life partner all this while. You know as a Christian, it’s always important to take a matter like that seriously. Well, God has just answered the prayer.’

I grinned at her. ‘Accept my hearty congratulations.’

She smiled. ‘Thank you. The congratulations go for the two of us.’

I clouded my face. ‘I don’t understand.’

Her smile became widened. ‘You’re the one God said is my life partner.’

The grin slipped from my face. I searched her face to see if she was joking, but there was no such hint.

‘Are you joking?’ I asked.

She stopped the smile too and looked serious. ‘Of course, I’m not. I dare not joke with the things of God.’

‘And you’re sure I’m the one God really told you will be the man?’

‘Yes, I’m very sure.’

It was my turn to sigh. If what she was saying was true, where would that leave Ruth? Would that mean she would never be my wife, just now that I was beginning to think that indeed Ruth and I were made for each other, despite some aversions from her mother?

Oh Lord, help me, I prayed inwardly.

‘Okay, you know what? Let me too pray about it. I’m sure if it is the Lord’s will, He will confirm it and it will come to pass.’

‘Are you doubting my words?’ she asked. I could perceive the trace of annoyance in her tone.

‘No, no. Please, try to understand. For anything such as this, God always confirms. It could be to me or even to another person. It’s just a confirmation. I have no doubt that you, Ada, will make a wonderful wife.’

My last statement seemed to please her. She relaxed and returned the smile.

‘Okay. I’ll be waiting for your confirmation.’

‘Alright. Goodnight, then.’

‘Goodnight. See you tomorrow.’

I waved at her and left the place. Well, I was already deeply involved with Ruth, but I was not going to lean on my understanding. I would leave everything in God’s hands and let Him decide whatever was good for me.

Four weeks later, I realized that Ruth’s mummy seemed to have let me be. She did not call my number again after that first call. So far, I had not come across her or her father during my visits to the house. I was thinking that sooner or later, I would still have to see them.

I was right. That weekend, about eight on Saturday morning, Ruth called my line.

‘Good morning, dear.’

‘Darling Ruth, how’re you this weekend?’

‘I’m fine. Can you be available in our house this Saturday by ten?’

My heart started beating fast. ‘Of course, I can be. Hope no problem?’

‘No. My dad wants to meet with you.’

1 Like

Re: The Love Grotto by BigBasher: 7:03pm On Jul 11, 2020
Interesting episode
Re: The Love Grotto by Zamar: 8:45am On Jul 17, 2020
More

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Would You Marry Your Age Mate? / Combine This Two Natural Plants And She Will Beg You To Reach Jerusalem / Share Your Worst Date Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.