Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,341 members, 7,822,611 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Full Features Of Harmony OS, As Huawei Unveils The OS For All Devices (Photos) - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Full Features Of Harmony OS, As Huawei Unveils The OS For All Devices (Photos) (33664 Views)

Oraimo Unveils The Freepods 4 With An Active Noise Cancellation And Sound App / Samsung Unveils the Galaxy S21 Series / Oppo Unveils The World’s First Under-screen Selfie Camera (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Full Features Of Harmony OS, As Huawei Unveils The OS For All Devices (Photos) by BrutalJab: 1:21pm On Aug 11, 2019
nedekid:
Thanks guys. I am done ohh. Quarter to soaking garri ohh. grin

Pick me as the last person for today baba
Re: Full Features Of Harmony OS, As Huawei Unveils The OS For All Devices (Photos) by samwhi(m): 1:35pm On Aug 11, 2019
nedekid:
In a good mood and will want to buy 10people breakfast or data this morning. I asked for 500 naira to feed but if your notice I did not give my acct details cos I wanted to see anyone signify benevolence to me. Nobody except 1 fellow that asked told me to go find work. Lol.
While not encouraging begging we have all gone through rough times at a point in life and little coins makes a difference.
Any one that would he offered my 500, I intended giving 5k.
1 will rather break 10k into 1k each.
If you need kindly buzz me. I could send data or money transfer.
Thanks
Hope i no come late....... Mtn will do abeg 07032930227
Re: Full Features Of Harmony OS, As Huawei Unveils The OS For All Devices (Photos) by nedekid: 1:44pm On Aug 11, 2019
AkeNathan:

Oga boss. cry abeg I'm owing MTN -999 Naira for monthe now. I'm using a friend's hotspot to browse in school.

Abeg help me join make i clear my MTN -999 Naira debt.

0216153603 GTB.

Happy sunday chief kiss
Sent
Re: Full Features Of Harmony OS, As Huawei Unveils The OS For All Devices (Photos) by Weathered: 1:44pm On Aug 11, 2019
Stevengold:

If android could beat, symbian and java, and blackberry os, do u think it'll stop Harmony OS?

When android came into play early 2004/2005, just few had it, now billions have it.

It's only a matter of time... If the hongmeng os is top Notch, give it few years. Android market will divide.
you don't know anything about phones. Symbian OS was just a tad above feature phones and has no true computer capabilities. And Android came and changed the way we use phones with new features, larger screens, better graphics and faster operation time and with true multitasking.

And Android had the support of a monster service provider called Google, its owner and before Android , no other OS was completely free and open sourced.

Now who is Huawei to displace Android and with what ecosystem? What is Huawei bringing to the table?

That's something Samsung tried even before the the influx of Chinese OEMs and failed repeatedly spectacularly.

2 Likes

Re: Full Features Of Harmony OS, As Huawei Unveils The OS For All Devices (Photos) by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 11, 2019
nedekid:

Sent

God bless you. I've sent it.

1 Like

Re: Full Features Of Harmony OS, As Huawei Unveils The OS For All Devices (Photos) by Ochuko1(m): 1:50pm On Aug 11, 2019
nedekid:
Thanks guys. I am done ohh. Quarter to soaking garri ohh. grin
Taaaaaa....God forbid say u go soak garri ooo. I go really appreciate sumtin..
UBA
Re: Full Features Of Harmony OS, As Huawei Unveils The OS For All Devices (Photos) by Stevengold(m): 1:54pm On Aug 11, 2019
Weathered:
you don't know anything about phones.

Android had the support of a monster service provider called Google, its owner and before androif , no other OS was completely free and open sourced.

Now who is Huawei to displace Android and with what ecosystem?

That's something Samsung tried even before the the influx of Chinese OEMs and failed repeatedly spectacularly.

Mr. Phone, since I don't know anything abt phones... Are u a programmer? Developer? Market analyst, have u done simple coding before? Infact do u know the basic programming language.
Ominiknowest.

I'll respond to you after 3yrs. Just think of this "why did blackberry 6 sell over the years even with their laggy and buggy OS?"
I personally used bold 1 and 2 like 3 times.
Used bold 5 almost 4 times. Even with the inconsistencies and crashes.

Who is huawei, before asking that.... Ask who leads the Chinese Market in terms of mobile phones.

Even Samsung phones are accembled in India and China. Think again.
I'll be the first to lay my hands on the hongmeng OS... I'm just waiting.
Re: Full Features Of Harmony OS, As Huawei Unveils The OS For All Devices (Photos) by Weathered: 1:56pm On Aug 11, 2019
Stevengold:

Mr. Phone, since I don't know anything abt phones... Are u a programmer? Developer? Market analyst, have u done simple coding before? Infact do u know the basic programming language.
Ominiknowest.

I'll respond to you after 3yrs. Just think of this "why did blackberry 6 sell over the years even with their laggy and buggy OS?"
I personally used bold 1 and 2 like 3 times.
Used bold 5 almost 4 times. Even with the inconsistencies and crashes.

Who is huawei, before asking that.... Ask who leads the Chinese Market in terms of mobile phones.

Even Samsung phones are accembled in India and China. Think again.
I'll be the first to lay my hands on the hongmeng OS... I'm just waiting.
you said so much and yet nothing at all!

Are you trying to impress yourself or you're just feeding on your insecurities.

If Samsung is assembling in India and China...it's same thing as Apple. What does it mean other than cheaper production costs and larger market for both India and China who are 1.3 and 1.4 billion people respectively.

Looolz. So much emotions. No facts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Full Features Of Harmony OS, As Huawei Unveils The OS For All Devices (Photos) by TSRC: 2:00pm On Aug 11, 2019
Stevengold:

If android could beat, symbian and java, and blackberry os, do u think it'll stop Harmony OS?

When android came into play early 2004/2005, just few had it, now billions have it.

It's only a matter of time... If the hongmeng os is top Notch, give it few years. Android market will divide.
Look at the way you are campaigning for a Chinese product that we know it is a substandard replica of android.
You are willing to give it the benefit of the doubt even though 100‰ of the gains is going to China.

If you and other Nigerians were this passionate about made in Nigeria products, we would have gone far.

1 Like

Re: Full Features Of Harmony OS, As Huawei Unveils The OS For All Devices (Photos) by Stevengold(m): 2:04pm On Aug 11, 2019
kiss
Weathered:
you said so much and yet nothing at all!

Are you trying to impress yourself or you're just feeding on your insecurities?

The first ever android I used was gingerbread... Pegged on HTC 8182
I loved it. But before then I used Nokia E5 OS, and to me, there was no OS as better as the symbian OS, then came the android and it displaced the highly praised Symbian OS.

All I'm saying is simple, I've watched android develop from 2.2 to 9.0
And it only got better

The hongmeng os is much anticipated and also has the ability to run android apps admist the extra features to be placed in the os.
And this brings real competition to android.

Huawei is the 2nd largest phone company in the market today.
If I've not said anything, just pick out the fact that the anticipation is high even though some don't expect much.

I'll post the features of the hongmeng os.

1 Like

Re: Full Features Of Harmony OS, As Huawei Unveils The OS For All Devices (Photos) by Stevengold(m): 2:07pm On Aug 11, 2019
TSRC:

Look at the way you are campaigning for a Chinese product that we know it is a substandard replica of android.
You are willing to give it the benefit of the doubt even though 100‰ of the gains is going to China.

If you and other Nigerians were this passionate about made in Nigeria products, we would have gone far.

Even you that's talking, if ur given money to buy a Nigerian made phone will u take the risk?

I'm using a huawei and a Nokia phone, both are made in China. Xiaomi China, Infinix sef China, Tecno China, LG China, OPPO, vivo. Just mention them.
Re: Full Features Of Harmony OS, As Huawei Unveils The OS For All Devices (Photos) by nigg(m): 2:08pm On Aug 11, 2019
nedekid:
In a good mood and will want to buy 10people breakfast or data this morning. I asked for 500 naira to feed but if your notice I did not give my acct details cos I wanted to see anyone signify benevolence to me. Nobody except 1 fellow that asked told me to go find work. Lol.
While not encouraging begging we have all gone through rough times at a point in life and little coins makes a difference.
Thanks
Re: Full Features Of Harmony OS, As Huawei Unveils The OS For All Devices (Photos) by ZesusHVWritter(m): 2:08pm On Aug 11, 2019
LordAdam16:

This is an example for the iPhone 7 back in 2016 -- https://bgr.com/2016/10/06/iphone-7-sales-banned-by-some-companies/.

-Lord

This is also an example of the America FBI asking yahoo to spy on users and may be a potential tool for gmail and Microsoft to spy on users reported in 2016, https://bgr.com/2016/10/06/yahoo-mail-fbi-spying/

It's quite sad after reading your article.
Now, I posted the above link so you can see for yourself the America you are protecting or siding isn't free all hands.
Am in support of the harmony os, because if it succeeds, it benefits me and anyone who finds its features useful. If not, more tries are encouraged.

Seeing your words now, I don't know what you are afraid of. Whether you support the harmony os or not, it won't make a difference, seeing America isn't supporting it, yet it was launched, and it's growth eminent.

If any of the claims by America concerning huawei is true or about China. Then England, Russia and over 200 countries supporting huawei won't be ignorant of the treat only the American empire are seeing.
Re: Full Features Of Harmony OS, As Huawei Unveils The OS For All Devices (Photos) by Ochuko1(m): 2:13pm On Aug 11, 2019
nedekid:
Thanks
Such benevolent act... GOD BLESS YOU REAL GOOD MAN... Thank you & Stay Safe..

1 Like

Re: Full Features Of Harmony OS, As Huawei Unveils The OS For All Devices (Photos) by TSRC: 2:14pm On Aug 11, 2019
Stevengold:

Even you that's talking, if ur given money to buy a Nigerian made phone will u take the risk?

I'm using a huawei and a Nokia phone, both are made in China. Xiaomi China, Infinix sef China, Tecno China, LG China, OPPO, vivo. Just mention them.

If we had a Communist government, you would have no choice.
Even a democratic government can enforce it by restricting imports.

The entire Chinese people would use hongmeng OS and it would become very good with time.
That is why Chinese companies became great overtime.

They are Lucky to be in a country where the 1.2 billion people have to be pro China by force and it has helped them in the long run.

But take note, the Chinese phone sector did.not start churning out greats products overnight.
When they were producing those big loud phones, Nigerians were still patronizing them.
They used our money to improve.

If a Nigerian company produce something of that quality, everybody would start over analyzing.
Re: Full Features Of Harmony OS, As Huawei Unveils The OS For All Devices (Photos) by tck2000(m): 2:23pm On Aug 11, 2019
Dead on arrival
Re: Full Features Of Harmony OS, As Huawei Unveils The OS For All Devices (Photos) by Peacecoy19: 2:30pm On Aug 11, 2019
martineverest:
Dead on arrival...the Chinese government OS won't even succed outside china
You are a sentimental IGNORAMUS.
Re: Full Features Of Harmony OS, As Huawei Unveils The OS For All Devices (Photos) by Peacecoy19: 2:40pm On Aug 11, 2019
GeneralPula:

Divide Ko, Multiply ni angry
HARMONY stands a chance why? It is built on a higher pedestal than android.bb,symbian were mediocres.
Re: Full Features Of Harmony OS, As Huawei Unveils The OS For All Devices (Photos) by Chuxoko(m): 2:47pm On Aug 11, 2019
nedekid:
Thanks
I need this. 08037514157 MTN. Thanks in advance.
Re: Full Features Of Harmony OS, As Huawei Unveils The OS For All Devices (Photos) by Weathered: 2:52pm On Aug 11, 2019
Stevengold:
kiss

The first ever android I used was gingerbread... Pegged on HTC 8182
I loved it. But before then I used Nokia E5 OS, and to me, there was no OS as better as the symbian OS, then came the android and it displaced the highly praised Symbian OS.

All I'm saying is simple, I've watched android develop from 2.2 to 9.0
And it only got better

The hongmeng os is much anticipated and also has the ability to run android apps admist the extra features to be placed in the os.
And this brings real competition to android.

Huawei is the 2nd largest phone company in the market today.
If I've not said anything, just pick out the fact that the anticipation is high even though some don't expect much.

I'll post the features of the hongmeng os.

Lolz no one is anticipating Huawei OS. It's bringing nothing new.

Huawei sales are basically in China .

Please! Do you know one of the reasons symbian OS failed?

It's because its owner, Nokia, is also a market competitor with other phone manufacturers. So it means Nokia will always be the first to launch new updates and new OS and tweek the OS to suit its devices better than the competition.

Now will Samsung HTC, Nokia, Gionee, Sony leave Android to use Huawei OS and still have to compete with Huawei in same market share?

Even if Huawei OS brings something new to the table, ( which it can't. Asian people have not mastered the technology of running an OS yet) no one will use it. They are failing like RUGA big time.

Asked Samsung with their bada and tizen OSs

1 Like

Re: Full Features Of Harmony OS, As Huawei Unveils The OS For All Devices (Photos) by Makestyles: 2:55pm On Aug 11, 2019
nedekid:
Thanks

Go really appreciate this. Make I do data. Thanks man. Glo network. 08111607478
Re: Full Features Of Harmony OS, As Huawei Unveils The OS For All Devices (Photos) by Bluntemperor: 2:59pm On Aug 11, 2019
See them above!! Indomie generations.they wouldn't budge on Nigeria-andro,where 22 Millions can be connected with ease,rather wasting precious time and energy on things that is swallowing our FOREX.Are Androids and OS made in Nigeria? Can we have 24hours light to make technological inroads just to take Africa to the next level? Task your Governments in power-both State and Federal on their achievements-including how much they spent on the Phoney Projects, you will understand why this country remains a 3rd-World that the power holding us down deserves 24 hours divine intervention.
Re: Full Features Of Harmony OS, As Huawei Unveils The OS For All Devices (Photos) by akereconfi: 3:13pm On Aug 11, 2019
nedekid:
Thanks

Bro 09056138280.
Or
0229934512 GTBank Barile Zinah

Please I'm late to the party but if you still touched, you can help me.

Thanks
Re: Full Features Of Harmony OS, As Huawei Unveils The OS For All Devices (Photos) by goldentee(m): 3:17pm On Aug 11, 2019
martineverest:
u cleau don't know how Software industry works
Re: Full Features Of Harmony OS, As Huawei Unveils The OS For All Devices (Photos) by Meekha(m): 3:19pm On Aug 11, 2019
nedekid:
Thanks

I am overwhelmed.....pls read

https://www.nairaland.com/5296026/ordeal-hands-kaduna-robbers

happened since july 8th. i am yet to stand on my feet since. anyway you can help, it'll make a whole lot of difference

Any response from you will be seriously appreciated..Thanks boss
Re: Full Features Of Harmony OS, As Huawei Unveils The OS For All Devices (Photos) by LordAdam16: 3:30pm On Aug 11, 2019
ZesusHVWritter:

This is also an example of the America FBI asking yahoo to spy on users and may be a potential tool for gmail and Microsoft to spy on users reported in 2016, https://bgr.com/2016/10/06/yahoo-mail-fbi-spying/

It's quite sad after reading your article.
Now, I posted the above link so you can see for yourself the America you are protecting or siding isn't free all hands.
Am in support of the harmony os, because if it succeeds, it benefits me and anyone who finds its features useful. If not, more tries are encouraged.

Seeing your words now, I don't know what you are afraid of. Whether you support the harmony os or not, it won't make a difference, seeing America isn't supporting it, yet it was launched, and it's growth eminent.

If any of the claims by America concerning huawei is true or about China. Then England, Russia and over 200 countries supporting huawei won't be ignorant of the treat only the American empire are seeing.

I was expecting you to provide a link where American companies asked employees to resign if they buy a certain product purely for nationalist reasons.

And it is nonsensical of you to compare America with its liberties to China that can make billionaires routinely disappear.

China is gunning for America's top dog spot. That's why China engages in blatant espionage against American interests. America reserves the right to preserve their current standing. Countries who are not challenged clearly have no axe to grind with Huawei.

As for your statement about why I'm afraid. I'm not. I'm fully confident in the ability of the US-led hegemony to contain China.

As for Harmony OS. Well, it was touted as an Android-killer. Now it's clear that was a bluff.

This is how we slowly balkanize the world into two. Eric Schmidt of Google predicted the Internet will be divided into two by 2028; one led by China and the other by the West. This is how that happens. Because there's no timeline in which I'd choose China over the US. Those of you who would are free to join the Axis Powers.

But China will no more use American funds to attack American interests without repercussions.

-Lord
Re: Full Features Of Harmony OS, As Huawei Unveils The OS For All Devices (Photos) by ZesusHVWritter(m): 3:38pm On Aug 11, 2019
Weathered:

Now will Samsung HTC, Nokia, Gionee, Sony leave Android to use Huawei OS and still have to compete with Huawei in same market share

Asked Samsung with their bada and tizen OSs

Yet Google has gone from nexus line etc, to the pixel lineup and its not stopping other phone companies from competing with them, but rather servers as a scapegoat to android beta modes and assurance base when testing android newer versions by Google.
If the beta isn't working fine on the Google pixel even Samsung and others won't update to the version of android to avoid fatal outcomes on their sales.

What you see as a disadvantage to harmony os is actually an advantage.
Huawei is not asking companies to test run harmony os on their products, but huawei is bearing all the risks.
If it works great on their devices and any manufacturer is interested in adopting harmony os on their devices huawei won't hold back.

Samsung has the snapdragon s10+ and their homemade chip[exynos] powered s10+. Which ever you like, you buy.

So expect to see huawei pX android and huawei pX harmony soon.

Just so you know, huawei phones are running their in house chipset hilisiri and it powers every of their devices, and huawei mobile phones salse isn't dropping but rising, no one is deviating because it's not using snapdragon chip.

So relax, if you decide not to get a device because it uses an harmony os, fine.
But know this, in three years from now, when the first harmony smart phone device drops, it will be the talking point of the web not android.
Whether it will succeed android or not, time will tell.
If you ask me, I would rather it doesn't, the smartphone world is big enough for up to 8 oses with better things to offer.

So harmony is welcomed.
Re: Full Features Of Harmony OS, As Huawei Unveils The OS For All Devices (Photos) by Weathered: 3:40pm On Aug 11, 2019
ZesusHVWritter:

Yet Google has gone from nexus line etc, to the pixel lineup and its not stopping other phone companies from competing with them, but rather servers as a scapegoat to android beta modes and assurance base when testing android newer versions by Google.
If the beta isn't working fine on the Google pixel even Samsung and others won't update to the version of android to avoid fatal outcomes on their sales.

What you see as a disadvantage to harmony os is actually an advantage.
Huawei is not asking companies to test run harmony os on their products, but huawei is bearing all the risks.
If it works great on their devices and any manufacturer is interested in adopting harmony os on their devices huawei won't hold back.

Samsung has the snapdragon s10+ and their homemade chip[exynos] powered s10+. Which ever you like, you buy.

So expect to see huawei pX android and huawei pX harmony soon.

Just so you know, huawei phones are running their in house chipset hilisiri and it powers every of their devices, and huawei mobile phones salse isn't dropping but rising, no one is deviating because it's not using snapdragon chip.

So relax, if you decide not to get a device because it uses an harmony os, fine.
But know this, in three years from now, when the first harmony smart phone device drops, it will be the talking point of the web not android.
Whether it will succeed android or not, time will tell.
If you ask me, I would rather it doesn't, the smartphone world is big enough for up to 8 oses with better things to offer.

So harmony is welcomed.
first Google home was made by HTC, then later to LG and Samsung.

Google doesn't make the phones itself.
Re: Full Features Of Harmony OS, As Huawei Unveils The OS For All Devices (Photos) by UNIBENDON: 3:50pm On Aug 11, 2019
nedekid:

Chai. Passed my limit to send airtime or my budget 3 fold.
Oya send acct. Yours is the last one ohh grin
Re: Full Features Of Harmony OS, As Huawei Unveils The OS For All Devices (Photos) by gnykelly(m): 3:55pm On Aug 11, 2019
checkedout:
Who owns Java, JavaScript, C, C++ etc ? They can still shot you doen r Harmony

Those code are open source.
Re: Full Features Of Harmony OS, As Huawei Unveils The OS For All Devices (Photos) by ZesusHVWritter(m): 4:02pm On Aug 11, 2019
LordAdam16:

And it is nonsensical of you
-Lord
What is nonsensical and detestable in this current deliberation is your ability to accommodate the willful participation of America in exploiting citizens privacy but see the Chinese companies without any link to the government of China being in anyway responsible for these companies asking their workers to not patronise the iPhone 7 as evil and criminalised.

Were as, in the gaze of yahoo and potentially Gmail and Microsoft, the FBI of America is the culprit. A registered and entitled entity admonish by the America government.

I remember there was a public protest by Chinese citizens that they were going to destroy their iPhones and deseased from patronising anything apple or America in response to Trump's ban on huawei, and the president of huawei was the first to kick against it and the protest was discontinued.

Am sure if it had went as planned, you won't hesitate to blame the Chinese government but yet support the exclusion of huawei from using android and other America products.

So you see, it's you whose vision is blured and reasoning flawed by basic or wayward sentiments.

Huawei is creating an os, not life support. If you aren't afraid of it and believe that America can contain the Chinese, then expect the best of technological advancement coming from China, Instead of asking or supporting huawei to keep relying on America products when Trump goal is to stunt their growth.

Just so you know, China are now establishing semiconductor plants.
Soon, it will be complete China made electronics.
Am sure you would be patronising America made smartphones then like you are doing now right?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

6 Ways To Detect A Fake Phone / How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number / Smartphones You Must Not Buy In 2017.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.