Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

"Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi - Literature (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi (317335 Views)

Love From The Thread. (an Ocean Of Secrets Sponsored Bonus Book.) / Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) / Matrimony Of Secrets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by sarahguess: 1:17am On Sep 27, 2019
Love this so much...nice work

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Ann2012(f): 8:52am On Sep 27, 2019
Haaaa, Tamara wan turn rapist. Thank God she didn't succeed.
Thanks for the update
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by skubido(m): 9:35am On Sep 27, 2019
Tam don enter ham oooo

Tanks for the update
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by izaray(f): 10:20am On Sep 27, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by decent101(m): 10:34am On Sep 27, 2019
Tamara's cup has full already. gud job OP!
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Nwiboko26(f): 10:43am On Sep 27, 2019
Wow.welldone dear.expecting more update from u
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 12:02pm On Sep 27, 2019
✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

Seyifunmi smiled as Dele held the car door open. He smiled back and complimented her as she climbed into the SUV. When she got in, he shut the door and walked over to the driver's side. As he was about to get in, his secretary called.

“Sir, good evening. I’m sorry to disturb you but the Lycon Supermart app is not ready yet and…”

“Téní, I understand Great is new and you’re still skeptical but there’s a reason I appointed him as my right hand. Call him. And Téní, the last time I went on a date was two and half years ago. Don’t ruin this for me.”, he told her.

“Ok sir, but what if?”, Téní started.

“Téní, no but what ifs please. Great will handle it. If he can’t then, too bad. I’d know he was a wrong fit. I’m going to hang up now. Bye.”, he said and hung up. He sighed to calm his nerves and got into the car.

“Are you ready?”, he asked.

“I’m ready whenever you are.”, she answered and he started the car.

He tried making small talk but things were a lot different from chatting online. He wondered why he felt like he had not been on a date in decades.
‘Well, you never dated before Nenye and you didn’t date again after her.’, his subconscious told him.
He chided himself. He was a thirty-six year old man not a university freshman. She wasn’t going to eat him raw. He sighed again and hated himself for not listening to Tìmí’s advise to go online and research on what to do on a date. He never learnt, did he? He should always listen to Tìmí when it came to relationships.

“Are you nervous?”, she asked.

“No, what makes you think that?”, he lied.

“You’re clutching the steering like I clutch my pillow when I’m not sure if the hero will make it out of a scene alive.”, she teased.

“Ok?”, he said raising an eyebrow.

“It’s ok. Really. A research carried out by Cosmopolitan magazine shows that about thirty four per cent of Nigerian men are nervous on a first date. Ten percent are worried about disappointing the girl, eight percent are nervous about her spending too much, five percent are worried about getting caught by a girlfriend, side chick or acquaintance and twelve percent are worried about getting some.”, she listed.

“Are you serious?”, he said and laughed.

“Which are you worried about?”, she asked slyly.

“Definitely disappointing you.”, he answered.

“Guy, you picked me up and opened the car door for me. You are on a winning streak already.”, she said and patted his arm in reassurance.

“Seriously, twelve percent are worried about having sex?”, he asked bewildered.

“No, I made it all up.”, she said laughing.

“Why, you little? I actually believed you.”, he exclaimed.

“Sorry. You seemed so tense. I wanted to lighten the mood.”, she said laughing.

“Please, remind me never to play poker with you.”, he said joining her in laughter.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

Tinu sat curled up on a scarlet wing chair in the living room waiting for Chris. She had called him severally but he didn’t pick any of her calls. She’d have gone to the office to look for him but he had expressly told her not to leave the house. She yawned again and rubbed her eyes. She picked up her phone and tried to call him again. It rang for a while but no response. She muttered prayers for his safety. She heard the door opened and she leaped up in eagerness.

He walked in to meet Tinu waiting in the foyer for him. Her eyes were puffy and he knew she had been awake waiting for him.

“God! I was so worried.”, she said and rushed to hug him. He held her close, feeling the warmth radiating from her body. He could have lost her again if Tamara had been successful. “I was calling you but you didn’t pick.”, she said.

“I was busy handling some matters.”, he said holding on to her, refusing to let her leave even when she ended the hug.

“Chris, are you ok? Is this about the phone call from earlier today? Are Harun and Michael ok?”, she asked worried.

“Please, Tinu. Let me just hold you and forget about it all. Please?”, he begged. She acquiesced and held him back. He kissed her hair and said, “I hope I never lose you.”

“You won’t. I promise.”, she assured him. Minutes passed before he released her.

“Do you want to cuddle tonight? We can talk about everything tomorrow.”, she offered and held his hand.

“As much as I’d like that, this is something I want to get off my chest.”, he said.

“No problem. I’m here to listen. Would you like something to eat first? Maybe a sandwich or some fruit?”, she asked.

“I’m not hungry.”, he said and led her to the living room.

“Chris, is everything alright? You’re scaring me.”, she said as he deposited her back on the wing chair she was sitting in earlier. He sat on an ottoman in front of her.

“Calm down. The danger has passed. It was the Rex team that called me earlier. The Rex team was created by my father’s fear of assassination. They monitor CCTV footage from the cameras in my office, restroom and the kitchenette on my floor…”

“Wait, you mean they saw us when we…”, she exclaimed in embarrassment and shock.

“No, they didn’t. I had the cameras changed to thermal cameras. Today, I asked Tamara to heat up the lunch you had packed for me. Not long after I put the call through to her. You called me. Not wanting to waste the food, I asked Michael and Harun to have the meal. They always raved about your cooking, so I thought what the heck. The CCTV camera caught Tamara adding something to my food.”, he explained.

“Oh my god!”, Tinu gasped and clamped her hand against her mouth in shock. “She tried to poison you?”, she asked with tears in her eyes.

“I don’t know if that would have been better. She added, I’ve forgotten what the forensic guy called it. It’s similar to Rohypnol and some sort of aphrodisiac.”, he answered.

“She tried to rape you?”, she asked angry.

“To rape me and destroy our marriage.”, he answered.

“What got into her?”, Tinu exclaimed.

“That’s the least of it all. Apparently, this is just the final lap of a scheme that has been going on since I employed Tamara ten years ago. Mr. Ekeh is behind all this. He is Tamara’s uncle.”, he explained.

“The nerve of that man. Do you know what he told me when I resumed at Oduah Holdings? ‘I detest ladies who use their sexuality to get through life.’ And look at what he put his niece up to.”, she ranted in anger.

“I’m just glad it didn’t work out.”, Chris said.

“Me too.”, she put in and sighed

8 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Ann2012(f): 12:17pm On Sep 27, 2019
Thank God ooo

Thanks for the update
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 27, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by toyhin123(f): 12:29pm On Sep 27, 2019
Thank God Tamara didn't succeed

Thanks for the update
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 12:31pm On Sep 27, 2019
You're welcome kiss
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by izaray(f): 12:35pm On Sep 27, 2019
Hmm..Life!

Thanks for the update
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Babsopey(m): 10:36pm On Sep 27, 2019
Well done OP.... Cool job...
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Oremeyii(f): 12:20am On Sep 28, 2019
Me that has been waiting for update since...I logged in and saw that you'd actually done so.

Before, I was rooting for Dele and Tinu, but now I ship Chrisnu abi Tiis or even Tich!
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Diamond2019: 6:41am On Sep 28, 2019
Thanks for d update....team Dele
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 8:38am On Sep 28, 2019
Oremeyii:
Me that has been waiting for update since...I logged in and saw that you'd actually done so.

Before, I was rooting for Dele and Tinu, but now I ship Chrisnu abi Tiis or even Tich!

Lol.

Please remind me not to ask you to come up with hashtag for my wedding.

2 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 8:39am On Sep 28, 2019
Diamond2019:
Thanks for d update....team Dele

You're welcome dear. Guy, I gatchyu.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 8:40am On Sep 28, 2019
Babsopey:
Well done OP.... Cool job...

Awwn. Thanks. It's been a while.

Guys, Babsopey is one of the people who convinced to keep on posting. Thanks dear kiss kiss kiss
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 8:52am On Sep 28, 2019
Hi guys. Updates will be coming soon. Thanks for sticking it out with Ocean of Secrets: The Ebb.

I love you.

My fellow TeamDele people let's keep calm.

TeamChris, I hope you guys are happy.

Please if there's any member of TeamDeMi (Dele and Seyifunmi) please signify by raising your hands sorry there's no raising hands emoticon on Nairaland (please if anybody here knows Oluwaseun Osewa, tell him that this lack of emoticons is hindering our expression o). Please signify by simply commenting. Thank you.

As for the people on the fence, I've got something planned for you all as well.

Stay tuned.

Keep commenting on your favorite Team, characters, the villians you absolutely despise, et cetera.

You guys are really amazing kiss kiss kiss kiss

4 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by iamgprince: 9:52am On Sep 28, 2019
i no de any of the team but the team i de be #teamupdate4us#

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 11:27am On Sep 28, 2019
Chapter 15.

Tinu rushed up the stairs looking for Chris. His cellphone had been ringing nonstop. She was about entering the study when she heard her father-in-law raise his voice.

“He is your flesh and blood.”

“Dad, keep your voice down. I don’t want Tinu or the children to hear you.”, Chris whisper-yelled.

“Let Tinu hear for God’s sake. How can she be so selfish? The boy never asked to be born. He was the product of a mistake. I understand. But then you can’t ignore that he exists. While, you’re here living some false happily ever after, the boy is our at the Windsor trying to adjust to people other than his father and mother. Bring him home. He deserves to be here with his father and siblings. I know any rational woman will not want to accept it. But how do you think you’d feel if you grew up knowing your father pushed you away for a woman and children that don’tbear the same blood as him?”, the man explained.

“Dad, we’ve talked about this time and time again…”

“Forgive me. I know they’re your children regardless of whose blood flows in their veins. If you feel this way about Tinu’s children, why can’t she feel the same way about your son?”, the man ended.

Tinu could not stand to hear any more. She left the threshold of the study and walked quietly back to her room.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

Dele stretched his hand, without looking up from his laptop, trying to find his phone but picked up the air conditioner remote control instead. He looked at his hand and sighed.

Anime will be the death of me.

He turned and found his phone on the keyboard of the laptop and inwardly slapped himself.
He was on leave and he decided to binge on anime. And he was getting addicted to it. He picked up his phone and saw a missed call from Seyifunmi.

He didn’t expect her to call again since she rarely replied his messages online. He thought she found the first date appalling. By his own standards, which was low, it was horrific. The movie he chose, the one he had played rock, paper, scissors with her for, was a nightmare. A Hollywood disaster with a predictable plot and terrible directing. The concession stand popcorn was too salty with too many unpopped kernels at the bottom of the bucket. He wished he read the online reviews of the cinema before taking her there.

As if the God of decent first dates was against him, he had a flat tire in the rain on his way to her house. He had to change it in the rain and being very susceptible to cold, within the next five minutes he was sneezing repeatedly.

He wondered if he should call back first or wait for her to call again. The phone rang again and he counted ten seconds before picking the call.
“Hello.”, he said coolly.
“Hi, Dele.”, she said in an unusual high pitch. He then heard giggling and snickering and squeals from the other end.
“What’s with the laughing?”, he asked and reclined into his seat.
“My sisters and cousins. Don’t mind them”, she said sternly more to them than to him and the giggling increased. He then heard them screaming 'Hi, Dele' and he laughed.

“We can talk later if you want.”, he offered.

“No! No, I’ll find somewhere quieter.”, she said and he heard someone singing Whitney Houston’s I will always love you in the background and more laughing. Then the noise faded.

“Hello?”, she asked.

“Hello, Seyifunmi. How are you?”, he answered.

“Im fine. I’m sorry for not calling earlier or replying to your messages. I've been busy with deadlines and planning my sister’s wedding. How are you feeling?”, she said.

“I’m cool. My colds are like one lozenge and a couple of oranges and they’re gone. How many sisters do you have?”, he asked.

“Well, ours is a large family of women. I have 5 older sisters and 3 older brothers. Oh, and I have 14 female cousins.”, she explained gleefully.

“What?!”, he exclaimed and she laughed.

“Turns out the XX Gene is stronger in my family.”, she quipped.

“Wow. Your mum had 9 of you?”, he asked.

“Yep. Four sets of twins. I’m the only one without a twin.”, she explained.

“You don’t say.”, he put in.

“Enough about my family. I was just wondering if we could go out sometime. But then not go out, maybe you could come over to my place and I’ll make us dinner.”, she said.

“So, a date? But at your place?”, he asked smiling at her choice of words.

“Yes. I prefer homemade food to eating out and I swear my cooking is way better than you are probably thinking.”, she said giddily.

“Ok. Sure. When?”, he asked smiling.

“Is tomorrow ok? By seven?”, she asked.

“Ok. I’ll the there.”, he promised.

“So any allergies I should know about?”, she asked.

“Um, not allergy per se. I don’t like seeing onions in my food. I don’t know why but it just puts me off.”, he said.

“That can easily be fixed. Anything else.”, she asked.

“Nothing else.” He answered.

“Ok, then. Bye dear.”, she greeted.

“Bye.”, he answered and hung up.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

Chris looked at Tinu and knew she wasn’t really reading Studholme and Cosby’s How to Decorate. Her attitude for the past two days had been off. She was always lost in thought and whenever he asked her what was wrong, she smiled and told him nothing. She had been in the same page for close to an hour. He wondered what had her worried that she couldn’t share with him. Her responses to his probing had been monosyllabic and rehearsed.

“Tinu?”, he called.

“Yes?”, she answered still lost in thought.

“I sold the twins to the mafia”, he put in.

“I’m fine.”, she answered.

“Tinu!”, he shouted, jolting her out of her daze.

“Chris, what is it? I’m right here. You don’t need to shout.”, she said calmly.

“No. You’re not here. Heaven alone knows where you’ve been for the past two days. What is it? Something is eating at your mind but you don’t want to say what it is.”, he said.

“Chris, I’m fine. It’s that time of the month.”, she smiled and lied.

“If you think I don’t know your menstrual cycle by now, you’re deceiving yourself. Now will you stop the lies and tell me what your problem is?”, he said angrily. She sighed and he knew this was something he had to force out of her by hook or by crook. He sighed.

“Come here, please.”, he said huskily. She reluctantly got off the bed. He cleared the papers he was going through and moved the side stool he was using out of the way. She came to stand in front of him and he patted his lap.

“Chris…”

“Please.”, he begged and she reluctantly sat in his lap.

“Tinu, you know how much I love you. There’s nothing I wouldn’t do to make you happy. But I won’t know what to do unless you tell me why you’re unhappy. I can read your emotions like a book but your mind is something I can’t decipher. If you don’t tell me, I can’t fix it.”, he told her.

Seconds passed and she said nothing. He sighed exasperated and said, “If you want to go back to work…”

“It's not about working.”, she said and tears welled up in her eyes.

“Tinu..”, he said bothered about the tears in her eyes.

“Chris, you’ve been so good to me since the day we met. You opened up your heart to me and my children…”, she said fighting tears.

“Our children.”, he corrected.

She smiled weakly. “Our children. You’ve given them the love of a father. And Chris, you can’t begin to imagine how much I love you for that. But I can’t begin to understand why I can’t open up my heart towards Chris.”, she said and the tears began flowing.

“Oh my god. You heard us.”, he said and color drained from his face.

“Chris, your father is right. I am selfish. And I’m scared. With what happened with Tamara, we both know Katrina didn’t break up with you voluntarily. You almost proposed to her so you must have loved her so much. And now, she has a son for you. Chris, I’m scared that if Chris, your son, comes in to your life, you’ll love me and the twins less. I’ve tried to rationalize it and tell myself my fears are unfounded but…. Chris, I can take you loving Katrina. It will kill me but I can take it. What will destroy me is if you don’t feel the way you used to about the twins. Chris, I’ll die if that happens. And I feel Chris junior will steal all the love you have for Temí and Tóminí.”, she sobbed.

I think I cried while writing this. Enjoy!!! XOXO

9 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 11:27am On Sep 28, 2019
iamgprince:
i no de any of the team but the team i de be #teamupdate4us#

LMAO

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 11:28am On Sep 28, 2019
Please, I eat comments for breakfast o. Please, don't let me starve grin grin

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by iamgprince: 11:43am On Sep 28, 2019
chai the way i like you eh.... thanks for the update and add more abeg

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by toyhin123(f): 11:59am On Sep 28, 2019
Thanks for the update dear

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by tessygold(f): 2:47pm On Sep 28, 2019
I hate to c Tinu behaving lyk day.. Y is she being so selfish nd sentimental

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by izaray(f): 3:38pm On Sep 28, 2019
Tinu stop being selfish jor

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 3:41pm On Sep 28, 2019
“Oh my god. You heard us.”, he said and color drained from his face.

“Chris, your father is right. I am selfish. And I’m scared. With what happened with Tamara, we both know Katrina didn’t break up with you voluntarily. You almost proposed to her so you must have loved her so much. And now, she has a son for you. Chris, I’m scared that if Chris, your son, comes in to your life, you’ll love me and the twins less. I’ve tried to rationalize it and tell myself my fears are unfounded but…. Chris, I can take you loving Katrina. It will kill me but I can take it. What will destroy me is if you don’t feel the way you used to about the twins. Chris, I’ll die if that happens. And I feel Chris junior will steal all the love you have for Temí and Tóminí.”, she sobbed.

“Tinu, nothing can change how I feel about the twins.”, he assured her.

“You’re saying that no but what happens when he reminds you of you, when he’s the only child you have that follows your footsteps. We both know Temi and Tóminí have artistic tendencies. What happens when Chris becomes the voracious tycoon you are. Will you still love them?”, she canvassed and stood up from his lap.

“Tinu, children will take to different paths. That doesn’t mean we as parents will love them less.”, he answered.

“But…”

“Tinu, I think I know what your problem is. It’s that you doubt the love I have for the twins. Tinu, even if you weren’t their mother, I would still love them I didn’t give my blood to Tóminí simply because I wanted to impress you. When I met them in the hospital ward that day I fell in love with them. I knew it was more than just because they were your children. Ther was something else. Something more. I didn’t know what it was. I don’t still know what it is but I know that I love those children. Regardless of who their biological parents are. They are mine and no one and nothing can change how I feel about them. I love Temi. I love that he is calm, a gentleman even at his young age. I love that he recalls sounds and tunes that I don’t remember. I love his generosity and kindness.. I love Tóminí for being as fast as Quicksilver. I love her tenacity and audacity. I love her cheerful nature and her resilience.”, he explained.

He sighed and then continued, “Chris is my son. I love him too. I love the three of them. Tinu, what you’re saying… it sounds like you want me to choose. Is that what you want?” he stood slowly when she kept mute.

“Tinu, is that what you want ?”, he pressed.

"Yes, I mean, no, I mean, I don’t know.”, she said and turned her back on him. “Chris, you have so much love in your heart. You accepted Margaux and Monique. I stand in awe of that. I hope to be like that someday but Chris, I don’t want what Dele did to them to repeat itself. They were young and probably don’t remember but I do. I remember. I will not stand for it to happen again.”

“It won’t.”, Chris shouted chafed by her words.

“Come on, Chris. You can’t promise that. Dele did it. What’s to say you won’t?”, she shouted back.

“So what do you want me to do?”, he whispered.

“I don’t know. But this wouldn’t have happened if you had listened to me about the stag party.”, she said and walked out of the room.

Chris looked at the door in shock. He had never seen her so irrational and illogical. Why was she so bent on it being either the twins or Chris? This wasn’t how he imagined the conversation ending.
He sighed and sat back on the armchair. He had left Chris at his parents’ for the time being, waiting for her to heal, to forget about the whole Katrina incident. He had hoped that after two months or so, he’d be able to bring his son into the house. He had already broached the subject with the twins and they liked the idea of having a younger sibling. Why was Tinu then acting like it was one or the other?

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

5 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 3:54pm On Sep 28, 2019
cry cry cry cry what do you think about Tinu's reaction?
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by decent101(m): 3:56pm On Sep 28, 2019
thanks 4 d update!
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by lawrenzooo: 6:07pm On Sep 28, 2019
You are doing extremely well. I just wish we could get update every minute but then i understand u have other things doing as well. Nice writeup. keep the updates rolling.

2 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Ann2012(f): 6:32pm On Sep 28, 2019
Thanks for the update

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (71) (Reply)

An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) / [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy / Twine (A Drama Series)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.