Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,189 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

"Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi - Literature (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi (317301 Views)

Love From The Thread. (an Ocean Of Secrets Sponsored Bonus Book.) / Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) / Matrimony Of Secrets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by decent101(m): 8:32pm On Sep 29, 2019
thanks for the update....
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Ann2012(f): 8:37pm On Sep 29, 2019
Katrina is a psycho

Thanks for the update
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by jayextra(m): 9:31pm On Sep 29, 2019
Inside Life...this Katrina shaa
Tanchuu Milly smiley
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by toyhin123(f): 9:33pm On Sep 29, 2019
Katrina abeg warn yourself

Thanks for the update dear
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 9:54pm On Sep 29, 2019
decent101:

You're welcome dear
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 9:55pm On Sep 29, 2019
jayextra:
Inside Life...this Katrina shaa

Tanchuu Milly smiley

grin grin
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 9:56pm On Sep 29, 2019
Ann2012:
Katrina is a psycho

Thanks for the update

Psycho abi were

You're welcome dear kiss
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 9:56pm On Sep 29, 2019
decent101:

You're welcome dear. kiss
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 9:59pm On Sep 29, 2019
Keep em coming.

Was Tinu right in talking to Dele?

Maybe another update might drop this night.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by skubido(m): 10:47pm On Sep 29, 2019
Katrina ti yawere oooo,

OP tanks for the update
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by skubido(m): 10:51pm On Sep 29, 2019
millieademi:
Keep em coming.

Was Tinu right in talking to Dele?

Maybe another update might drop this night.

Yes and No, nothing bad in talking to dele cuz she was scared of loosing her husband. Some men don't like it tho.

@d update, u can ooo
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Oremeyii(f): 11:01pm On Sep 29, 2019
millieademi:

Lol.

Please remind me not to ask you to come up with hashtag for my wedding.

Ahh ahhn na, it's not my fault, it's Wattpad with all their ship names that caused it.
I'm definitely coming up with a hashtag for ur future wedding. What's d guy's name and is ur name really millieademi?

Ship name coming up...

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Oremeyii(f): 11:09pm On Sep 29, 2019
millieademi:

Please if there's any member of TeamDeMi (Dele and Seyifunmi) please signify by raising your hands sorry there's no raising hands emoticon on Nairaland (please if anybody here knows Oluwaseun Osewa, tell him that this lack of emoticons is hindering our expression o). Please signify by simply commenting. Thank you.

Seriously, dis lack of emojis is hindering my comment creativity. I'm sooooo glad u noticed

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Zuriel100(m): 11:21pm On Sep 29, 2019
milli dear..... u beautiful, d story is now unpredictable... at first I thought I could tell how it will end...ride on

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Oremeyii(f): 11:31pm On Sep 29, 2019
Katrina's causing trouble, she better stay away o.

Even Tomini, as a 5 yr old, I thought she'd revere her mother above whatever a stranger said, she really fell my hand. I'll just blame it to the fact that she's just five

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 11:39pm On Sep 29, 2019
Zuriel100:
milli dear..... u beautiful, d story is now unpredictable... at first I thought I could tell how it will end...ride on

Awwn. Thanks dear. kiss
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Etsyl: 11:40pm On Sep 29, 2019
millieademi:

Awwn. Thanks dear. kiss
Update na
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 11:44pm On Sep 29, 2019
Oremeyii:
Katrina's causing trouble, she better stay away o.

Even Tomini, as a 5 yr old, I thought she'd revere her mother above whatever a stranger said, she really fell my hand. I'll just blame it to the fact that she's just five

Tóminí is a character I don't understand gan sef. She only adores Chris even right from when she was 2. The love she has for him is inexplicable. Hearing that Chris is not her 'daddy' is devastating, that Tinu is the cause only fuels that devastation

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 11:58pm On Sep 29, 2019
Etsyl:

Update na

It's coming
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 12:02am On Sep 30, 2019
✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

Ose sat at the table waiting impatiently for his publisher. He picked at invisible lint on his blazer. He decided to call Felicia again. Felicia had stolen his manuscript from him the last time she came to visit. She showed her boss and the man said he felt it was a book worth publishing. The man had instructed him to wait for him at the café. And he had been there waiting for one hour thirty minutes. He was forced to order some coffee and he wasn’t a fan of coffee. The beverage that was piping hot was now tepid. He just let it sit there.
He smoothed out invisible wrinkles on his blazer and looked up. He saw her coming. The wise-mouthed lady from the library. He looked down immediately at the menu faking an interested perusal, hoping she wouldn’t notice him and she’d go to meet whoever she came to meet.

God probably didn’t like the chatterbox too, as a waiter accidentally spilled cold coffee on her white dress. She was outraged and headed straight for the restroom. Ose let out a sigh of relief and prayed to God that the publisher would show up before the chatterbox came out of the restroom. He had had to change his library subscription from a conducive section to one he found less conducive just to avoid her.

The thing didn’t give up. She even came there looking for me. Thankfully, he had seen her first before she did him and he had hidden among the shelves to avoid her. He had also informed Mrs. Kanu at circulation to inform her that he had stopped using the library if she asked of him again. The vibration of his phone against his chest.

He sighed and checked his Blazer’s breast pocket for his phone. He saw a text from the publisher.

'Good afternoon sir. I sincerely apologise for being late and for not notifying you on time. The publishing house just went through a change of ownership. I have to meet the new management but I’ve sent one of our editors in my place. I am sorry for any inconveniences. Miss Rose Pepple will be with you soon. Thank you.’

What?! Of all the people in the world?! God, please let it be another Rose.

“Good afternoon. Are you Mr. Fejirose Lawrence?”, a slim, fair, woman asked.

God, you are wonderful.

“Yes. I am. You must be Rose Pepple.”, he said elated.

“I am. May I?”, she asked.

“Please let me.”, he said and stood up to draw out her chair.

“Why, thank you?”, she said and flashed him a smile as she took her seat. She dropped her handbag on the chair closest to her and fished for her glasses and a copy of his manuscript. “I’m so sorry for the delay and inconvenience. I got stuck in traffic.”, she explained.

“It’s no problem. You’re here and that is what matters. I was already beginning to think this was your way of turning people down.”, he said.

She chuckled and said, 'Of course not. We are very professional at FDL publishing.”

“FDL?”, he asked.

“The new owner changed the name of the publishing house from Sizzle to FDL.”, she clarified.

“Sizzle sounds so much better.”, he put in and she responded with a weak smile.

“So I’ve gone through your book. And I for one found it to be a page turner. I couldn’t put it down. And that’s not because my boss asked me to read it but because you’ve got a great story. Is it non-fiction? Because it seemed so real. I cried while reading it and to most I’m an unemotional cynic.”, she posed as she leaned forward and rested her chin on her interlocked hands.

“It is fiction but based mainly around a few realities.”, he explained smiling.

“Interesting. Well, FDL would love to publish this. I brought over the contract you have to sign and the NDA Felicia made my boss sign.”, she said and handed him a envelope she removed from the middle of the manuscript. “You can go over the contract and have it returned within two weeks. If you choose to have us publish The Tempest That Drowns, I might be your editor or if you’re comfortable with Felicia…”

“No, I want someone who will be brutal. Felicia’s always gone soft when it comes to criticizing my work but I’m warning you, I will be stubborn.”, he said.

She laughed and said, “I won’t expect anything less from such a bodacious writer.”

“Rose!!”, a high pitched feminine voice squealed. Ose turned and saw radio without battery two point zero.

God why?

“Hi.”, his soon to be editor greeted.

“How are you doing?”, chatterbox said.”Mr. Fejirose, hi. Do you remember me.”,she asked.

He faked a smile and looked at her,”How can I forget the woman who told me I’d die alone?”

“I am deeply sorry. I have a terrible mouth. My parents have swabbed the poop deck I call a mouth but there’s still no filter. I’m sorry. It’s nice to see you dating again.”, she said.

Please, did this girl escape from a TV show or people like this actually exist?

“Rose, we’re not on a date. He’s a prospective author.”, Rose corrected.

4 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by toyhin123(f): 8:36am On Sep 30, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 30, 2019
Thanks for the
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 2:15pm On Sep 30, 2019
Good afternoon. Are you Mr. Fejirose Lawrence?”, a slim, fair, woman asked.

God, you are wonderful.

“Yes. I am. You must be Rose Pepple.”, he said elated.

“I am. May I?”, she asked.

“Please let me.”, he said and stood up to draw out her chair.

“Why, thank you?”, she said and flashed him a smile as she took her seat. She dropped her handbag on the chair closest to her and fished for her glasses and a copy of his manuscript. “I’m so sorry for the delay and inconvenience. I got stuck in traffic.”, she explained.

“It’s no problem. You’re here and that is what matters. I was already beginning to think this was your way of turning people down.”, he said.

She chuckled and said, 'Of course not. We are very professional at FDL publishing.”

“FDL?”, he asked.

“The new owner changed the name of the publishing house from Sizzle to FDL.”, she clarified.

“Sizzle sounds so much better.”, he put in and she responded with a weak smile.

“So I’ve gone through your book. And I for one found it to be a page turner. I couldn’t put it down. And that’s not because my boss asked me to read it but because you’ve got a great story. Is it non-fiction? Because it seemed so real. I cried while reading it and to most I’m an unemotional cynic.”, she posed as she leaned forward and rested her chin on her interlocked hands.

“It is fiction but based mainly around a few realities.”, he explained smiling.

“Interesting. Well, FDL would love to publish this. I brought over the contract you have to sign and the NDA Felicia made my boss sign.”, she said and handed him a envelope she removed from the middle of the manuscript. “You can go over the contract and have it returned within two weeks. If you choose to have us publish The Tempest That Drowns, I might be your editor or if you’re comfortable with Felicia…”

“No, I want someone who will be brutal. Felicia’s always gone soft when it comes to criticizing my work but I’m warning you, I will be stubborn.”, he said.

She laughed and said, “I won’t expect anything less from such a bodacious writer.”

“Rose!!”, a high pitched feminine voice squealed. Ose turned and saw radio without battery two point zero.

God why?

“Hi.”, his soon to be editor greeted.

“How are you doing?”, chatterbox said.”Mr. Fejirose, hi. Do you remember me.”,she asked.

He faked a smile and looked at her,”How can I forget the woman who told me I’d die alone?”

“I am deeply sorry. I have a terrible mouth. My parents have swabbed the poop deck I call a mouth but there’s still no filter. I’m sorry. It’s nice to see you dating again.”, she said.

Please, did this girl escape from a TV show or people like this actually exist?

“Rose, we’re not on a date. He’s a prospective author.”, Rose corrected.

“Oh. I’m sorry. Well it was nice meeting you both. Rose, call me. Mr. Fejirose please pardon my rudeness.”, she said.

“Its no problem.”, he said coolly.

“Ok, bye.”, she said and left mumbling under her breath.

“Can she never keep her mouth shut?”, Ose said as soon as she was out of earshot.

“I can’t say anything bad about her. Not only is she my old classmate, she is my boss's daughter.”, she said.

“Mr. Koko didn’t strike me as that old.”, he said shocked.

“Not Mr. Koko. The man who bought the publishing house. A Mr. Amaechi.”, she explained.

“Her father bought the publishing house?”, he asked outraged. Then it made sense. Was the girl obsessed with him. She had used his initials for the publishing house. No. It must probably be a terrible coincidence.

“Is there a problem?”, Rose asked.

“No. I don’t think so.”, he replied.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

Tinu smiled as she was Chris babble the new rhymes he learnt from Cbeebies. It felt so good to feel light. The bitterness she felt towards him had made her soul heavy as lead. Opening up her heart to him made her feel good again. The little boy stopped singing and offered her a chip of his biscuits. She smiled and shook her head. The boy kept on pressing it to her lips till she conceded laughing.

“Thank you.”, she said and the boy broke off more to give her. She laughed and collected it and put it back in the pack when he wasn’t looking. She looked up and saw Chris smiling at them. ‘Your call.”, she mouthed to him and he remembered then that he was on a call. He rushed out of the room to continue his call.

A few minutes later, the twins came in looking sullen. That was not the look Tinu was expecting on their faces. She thought they’d be happy to see her. They both muttered a “Good afternoon mummy”, that made it clear there was nothing good about the afternoon. Little Chris greeted them but they ignored him. The resilient boy offered them biscuits but they ignored him again and went to seat at the farthest part of the room.

“Are you ok?”, she asked.

“We’re fine.”, Temi responded.

“Aren’t you happy to see me?”, she asked and they kept mute.

“Wow. Did you want me to die?”, she asked teasing them and they didn’t say anything. Chris came in and the hitherto stoic children started crying. Tinu had never been more confused.

“I didn’t do anything to them. They just came in here and gave me cold shoulders.”, Tinu said to Chris’s accusing eyes. Tóminí ran to hug him.
“Daddy, please don’t leave us. We’ll be good children. We won’t disobey you. We’ll take care of baby Chris and we’ll respect our new mummy. Please don’t leave us.”

“New mummy?”, Tinu asked with her head thinking a thousand and one things. It was Chris’s turn to shake his head at Tinu’s accusing eyes.
“Temi, where did you hear that you’re getting a new mummy?”, Tinu asked her son.

“Aunt Beauty told us you stole Daddy and Chris from her. That you beat her up and that you’re a terrible person.”, the boy reported.

“Who is Aunt Beauty?”, Tinu asked angrily.

“We met her in school today when we were waiting for Mr. Sam to pick us up.”, the boy answered.

“Mummy, is it true?”, the boy asked.

“It is not true.”, Chris bellowed. “And I am disappointed in you two. We have specifically told you time and time again not to talk to strangers. Now, not only did you disobey us. You went on to believe the stupid lies she told you. Especially you Tóminí. You should be ashamed of yourself. Now go and apologize to your mother. The two of them repentantly walked up to their mother’s bed.

“Mummy, we’re sorry.”, Temi said.

“Yes, mummy we’re sorry. We won’t do it again.”, Tóminí apologized.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

Rose slapped herself inwardly. Why did she have to talk so stupidly around Fejirose? When she saw him with Rose earlier her heart wanted to explode. Rose always got the finer guys when they were in school and if she got Fejirose too she’d die. She groaned again and received a pillow in her face.

“What is it? You’re not the first person to like a man. Please suffer quietly. I have books to read.”, her cousin said.

“Seyifunmi, please help me. How do you do it? You just set your mind on a guy and you get him. How do you not mess it up?”, Rose begged in desperation.

“I can’t help. There’s no solution for you.”, Seyifunmi said.

“Please na. Why are we cousins?”,Rose pleaded.

“We are cousins because my aunt married your dad.”, Seyifunmi teased and Rose threw the pillow back at her. “Seriously, I can’t help you.”

“Seyi, I’m begging you.”, Rose said and knelt on the bed.

“Rose, the only person who can help you is God. First of all, you don’t think before you talk. This is a fastblaze romance novel. Most guys are put off by loquacity. And you do not just talk too much, you say improper things. Secondly, you feel money settles all things. Quite all right money answereth all things but it won’t get you a serious guy. What does Rose have that you don’t?”

“I don’t know. Legs for days?”, she asked.

“No, idiot. Poise. Sometimes you’re like a time bomb waiting to explode. According to what you told me about this guy, he just lost his paramour. Right now, he’s trying to find serenity and tranquility again. You my dear are a tempest and drama personified.”, Seyi asserted.

“So, I have to change me?”, Rose asked dejected.

“Not entirely but he is looking, if he is looking, for a friend. Not a girlfriend. If you can’t be that, then he’ll continue to push you away. This doesn’t mean he’ll be willing to accept your friendship. He will question it, blatantly and outrightly refuse it but this is where you have to be dogged and resilient. He already has a terrible first and second opinion about you. Trusting you will take work. But it will come. Then and only then should you hint at some other dimension to your relationship.”, Seyifunmi explained.

“Wow!”, Rose exclaimed.

3 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Diamond2019: 4:13pm On Sep 30, 2019
thanks for d update
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Ann2012(f): 4:28pm On Sep 30, 2019
Thanks for the update
I love the way Chris cautioned the twins.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 30, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Mapelblacq(m): 8:17pm On Sep 30, 2019
Please OP i need some clarifications..is the name of the xo"chatterbox" and her friend(d one who interviewed mr fejirose) rose?who is d lady that mr fejirose has in his heart?who is biabini and ose? i dnt knw, d story is damn great but i got confused since i dnt regulary follow updates. thanks and f d book is available am interested, wanna get a copy.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 11:04pm On Sep 30, 2019
Mapelblacq:
Please OP i need some clarifications..is the name of the xo"chatterbox" and her friend(d one who interviewed mr fejirose) rose?who is d lady that mr fejirose has in his heart?who is biabini and ose? i dnt knw, d story is damn great but i got confused since i dnt regulary follow updates. thanks and f d book is available am interested, wanna get a copy.

Ok. Hi, Mapelblacq.

Fejirose is the same as Ose. Ose is the short form. Ose dated Bibiana and is still in mourning.

Chatterbox is the Rose girl Ose met in the library. Her namesake Rose is an editor at the publishing company that is about to publish Ose/Fejirose's book.

Unfortunately, lazy me hasn't been able to complete the book so the full version isn't ready yet. You guys get it as soon as I write. I'll probably come around to finishing it this year and rewriting the second book will be as soon as I'm done with this. I wrote the second book first.

If by chance I complete the book on time, I'll publish on Okadabooks.

Thank you dear. I hope I've clarified things.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by estygoldy(f): 11:35pm On Sep 30, 2019
I go dey follow you dey go o Wow i love this story Thank you mili
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 11:36pm On Sep 30, 2019
“Wow!”, Rose exclaimed. “Damn, you’re good.”, she said.

“Whatever. Just let me read in peace.”, Seyifunmi waved her praise aside.

“So..”, Rose said mischievously. “Do you read Fifty Shades Freed for the sex tips or for the story?”, she said and laid back on the bed.

“What do you think?”, Seyifunmi said slyly.

“You slut!”, Rose said mortified.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

Chris pushed the maid out of the doorway and barged into the house. This was the last straw. It was one thing for her to show up at his family’s function. He could excuse that as a bout of jealousy. But telling his children lies about their mother was something he would not tolerate.

“Katrina! Get your ass down here now! Katrina.”, he shouted.

“Sir, please.”, the maid begged.

“Tell her to come down here now.”, Chris barked.

“Sir, she’s not in.”, the maid said.

“I know she’s in there. Tell her to come down here.”, he told her.

“Sir, she’s not in.”, the maid lied again. He hissed and shoved her out of his way and went up the stairs calling her name. He walked into her room to meet her standing naked waiting for him.

He shook his head in disgust. “Put some clothes on and stop acting shameless.”, he said and looked away.

“Come on , you used to love looking at it before. You most especially liked the tattoo of your name I got on my breast.”, she teased sultrily.

“Katrina, get some clothes on this instant.”, he said.

“Are you affected by what you see? I remember you used to go mad with list those days.”, she recalled and moved closer to him. “Do you miss it? Do you miss us?”, she whispered.

6 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by jayextra(m): 12:06am On Oct 01, 2019
Chris jst gave Katrina Headshot

Me likey grin

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by skubido(m): 1:00am On Oct 01, 2019
Lobatan

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (71) (Reply)

An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) / [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy / Twine (A Drama Series)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.