Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,567 members, 7,958,754 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:39 PM

Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids (17883 Views)

How Do I Apologize To My Wife? / Should Parents Apologize To Their Children When They're Wrong? / Nigerians Advised To Buy Black Dolls For Their Kids. See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by Isoduwa(m): 6:14pm On Aug 12, 2019
Too much of eating chocolate � na dey bring this kind topic

Imagine buhari dey tall musa I'm sorry
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by grandstar(m): 6:14pm On Aug 12, 2019
Follar:
I really don't understand why it's a big deal for parents to say 'I am sorry' to their kids. These same parents will scold a child who refuses to say a continuous thank you for gift that isn't so helpful at the moment. All in the name of being parents, they feel that they are equal the moment you say you are sorry to a child.

Children are human too and they have rights. Parents who constantly would refuse to be sorry for a wrong has a chance of
Not having a good communication with the child
Loosing the child to sharks in the street
Loosing any form of connections
Child seeking any available means of getting out of the house
Getting advice from third parties
Confiding in other people

Children are meant to be our friends, buddies. When you Apologize to your child, train and even spank sometimes, children understand why you spanked them. Being a hard, tough, unyielding parents will only lead you to loosing them.

Be nice, playful, accommodating, apologize, train, communicate, spank and always put them before God.. Only that can you hope for a better future with your child

Things are changing but gradually. It is a reflection of the poor human development index plaguing the country.

Yes, it's not fair to play God over a child but that's life.

As much as I would like to deceive myself, a lot still comes out from it.

As a Jehovah's Witness, we take to heart the counsel given parents (Read Collosians 3:21, Ephesians 6:4) Timeless counsel for parents.

We need to become imitators of God as beloved children (Read Psalms 130:3-4 and Ephesians 5:1)

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by Nobody: 6:15pm On Aug 12, 2019
Hahahaa...op na that one still be your problem? I sense you're an indomie generation.

To some its a norm cos they dont even expect it so they dont bother when they don't get it.

Me oo...my mum does if she knows she has over done it but my dad, hell use style style and buy something for you and you too will know he's trying to make up for it but I dont think he ever said sorry. So we have gba kamu for that side and its not really an issue as op is trying to make it look cos there other more pressing issues in life to worry about one sorry somewhere�.

I'm not bothered. I still love them both of blessed memory though.
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by Ironi: 6:20pm On Aug 12, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Do you have kids?.....

Good question, I don’t know the type of apology he wants.

When you have children who play mind games on you, you have to be careful the sort of message you send.
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by Champneys: 6:20pm On Aug 12, 2019
Why is this such a big deal?

I apologise to my daughter especially when I travel and have to spend time away on business or for other reasons.

Even at home I apologise for the odd things

Saying sorry is not that hard, my parents apologised to us for various reasons when we were growing too

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by GoodFaith: 6:25pm On Aug 12, 2019
Champneys:
Why is this such a big deal?

I apologise to my daughter especially when I travel and have to spend time away on business or for other reasons.

Even at home I apologise for the odd things

Saying sorry is not that hard, my parents apologised to us for various reasons when we were growing too

I am sure the op is not talking of apologizing to our kids for promising to take them to the movies
we had to work late
or things changes at work we can't leave home because you are on call
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by maasoap(m): 6:26pm On Aug 12, 2019
TV01:
Apologise ke? For where??

Not only do I never apologise - mainly as I'm almost never wrong, or can artfully bluff if I am cool - I never ask command them to do things with a please or, a thank you once done. I'd rather scold them for not executing speedily, perfectly, with all humility etc.

Na so e dey start, from apologising to asking permission. On good days they are treated like the most contemptible of military conscripts. On bad days simply herded like cattle - prod and all.

Nonsense and eye-wateringly high nursery costs angry

Apologise ko, repent ni. Soon you'll be talking about childrens rights...eh!

TV aka "Daadddeeee wa"

Hahahaha, kuku kill me.
Feeding you and apologising to you, may be it will happen one day but I can't see it happening now.
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by Omoslim26: 6:29pm On Aug 12, 2019
:-D:-Dsorry for where instead my mum will remind you of what you did wrong before to justify the moment
i think africa moms are one of the most confused people on earth imagine you beat a child the child cries you will still beat the child for crying again i mean man pikin cannot cry in peace again:-D
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by usecondom(m): 6:29pm On Aug 12, 2019
I don't know where the people on this platform all come from, in my household there's no boss and no servant. Whenever, i missed any event in my family either for the kids or my wife, i apologize to them, they all do same in return as well.

How big is the word "SORRY"? That word can solve a lot of issues if you put pride and ego one side and free yourself from the prison of bitterness.
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by Cubia(f): 6:34pm On Aug 12, 2019
Accountantgener:
A nairalander who claims to sell data,he is a scammer I just sent the sum of 5,000naira to him today and he gave me a non existing code to use in checking my data balance which is *131*65*2*1*2# and that code does not actually exist,his real names are AGU KENECHUKWU,ACCESS BANK, A/C NOS IS 0761393797 and his phone number is 09065287121 Pls share this message across to everyone until the whole world gets it to help a neighbour avoid been scammed online.
he scammed me too today. why re people like this? His phone is switched off. I'm tired of Nigerians. I wish I can trace him and give him a sound slap. Wherever he is he took the earth and will never result to anything good in his life. If you are in Lagos, let's meet somewhere and report to access bank and know if his account can be blocked.
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by Cubia(f): 6:35pm On Aug 12, 2019
Cubia:
he scammed me too today. why re people like this? His phone is switched off. I'm tired of Nigerians. I wish I can trace him and give him a sound slap. Wherever he is he took the earth and will never result to anything good in his life. If you are in Lagos, let's meet somewhere and report to access bank and know if his account can be blocked.
he will toil the Earth*
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 12, 2019
GoodFaith:

""You discipline your kids and don't apologize for doing so."" well said
the MF kid that have not left Nigeria
think Nigeria is America
I have made it clear to my kids that I am a Nigeria man with great values and culture
I continue to work on balancing the great culture and values my parent taught me in my life
to the new things i have learned in the past 32 yrs
Some modern day parents are just giving their kids food without imbibing the right values in them. You see some mannerless and senseless. I'll beat sense into you without apology.
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by Slimsly100(f): 6:40pm On Aug 12, 2019
Definitely not my mum whom is always trying to please everyone. Though when we were Young she was always right but when at 12 I started voicing out my mind in the house, she changed and has been wonderful since then. Maybe cause everyone is now an adult. Dad will never tell any other person sorry except me his last born, photocopy, (younger sis) like he'll say.
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:43pm On Aug 12, 2019
1Sharon:

Since when is sorry a shameful thing?

It becomes a shameful thing when it becomes a habit,
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by Ladotrader(m): 6:44pm On Aug 12, 2019
For where
Africa parent
Mother will never say ooooooo except you're injury or in heartbreak by someone else and not her .....
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by AreaFada2: 6:52pm On Aug 12, 2019
Lol. Funny African parents. grin

You go grow grey hair waiting for their apology.
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by ajl: 6:56pm On Aug 12, 2019
My father used to say "I am sorry" or "I am sorry I was wrong" to me, many times right from my childhood days. I will just say its a question of how enlightened the parents are. Not a question of how educated they are. Same way I apologize to my kids if i am wrong about anything.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by shogsman(m): 6:59pm On Aug 12, 2019
The only time I'm the boss of the house is when I'm teaching my dad how to operate an android or laptop,I can use any tone I like he will not say anything.
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by Robnectar(m): 7:13pm On Aug 12, 2019
Accountantgener:
A nairalander who claims to sell data,he is a scammer I just sent the sum of 5,000naira to him today and he gave me a non existing code to use in checking my data balance which is *131*65*2*1*2# and that code does not actually exist,his real names are AGU KENECHUKWU,ACCESS BANK, A/C NOS IS 0761393797 and his phone number is 09065287121 Pls share this message across to everyone until the whole world gets it to help a neighbour avoid been scammed online.
u can also report his bank account and activities sir wink
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by OlawaleBammie: 7:15pm On Aug 12, 2019
may320:
African parents believed they are training you and putting you in the right path and building you up for a future ahead to make you become a better person.
You must have offended your parents before they'll discipline you, and if you're dealt with wrongly, which is not common in most cases, they have their ways of apologizing to you, which may not be direct.
For instance, my mum would have been warning and giving you signs long before the 'day of your reckoning' would come. grin
Let's stop this act of condemning everything about Africa and our rich values.
The oyinbos you're mentioning have their own cup full of palaver with their children too.
This is d best in i wil read today, dont mind all dos halfdone babies joo. african parents are training u ahead IN CASE the unthinkable hapens in d future, one never can tell, one may find himself/herself in an unfamiliar situation in the near future by den u must hav been groomed, no wonder we re having too much teenage suicide this days.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by Nurumaxy: 7:21pm On Aug 12, 2019
Accountantgener:
sorry about that
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by AngelicBeing: 7:21pm On Aug 12, 2019
TV01:

Not only do I never apologise - mainly as I'm almost never wrong, or can artfully bluff if I am cool - I never ask command them to do things with a please or, a thank you once done. I'd rather scold them for not executing speedily, perfectly, with all humility etc.

Na so e dey start, from apologising to asking permission. On good days they are treated like the most contemptible of military conscripts. On bad days simply herded like cattle - prod and all.

TV aka "Daadddeeee wa"
Hahaha
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by enemyofprogress: 7:51pm On Aug 12, 2019
asuustrike1:

This is new era
na so una spoil the world finish. New ewa ko, new beans ni
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by adedayoa2(f): 8:40pm On Aug 12, 2019
They rather go to jail

Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by Ishilove: 8:50pm On Aug 12, 2019
phranq30:
Their own "I'm sorry" is....
Oya come and take your food or "Come, I'm going out oo, what should I buy for you?
Shikena. Parents do apologise, just not directly.
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by benqo01(m): 9:16pm On Aug 12, 2019
Well african parents are wired that way,they can never ever be wrong
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by Nobody: 9:56pm On Aug 12, 2019
enemyofprogress:
na so una spoil the world finish. New ewa ko, new beans ni
The rigid method hasn't help either instead it has groomed weird men in the society. It has made many to be timid , jealous and brutal towards their neighbours
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by olawumi171(f): 10:05pm On Aug 12, 2019
Accountantgener:
yeah,,am also a victim,,l sent him 1000 ,,he sent dis exact code to me,, l called him close to 50 tyms,he did not pick den later switched it off
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by Primusinterpares(m): 10:10pm On Aug 12, 2019
CHAVINCI:
something like "come and see if this cloth wee size you"
I swear
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by Pataricatering(f): 11:04pm On Aug 12, 2019
So funny ! U will be begging those same kids for ordinary phone call eventually - continue ! Once they are independent of you it’s then u will understand u fvxked up !
TV01:

TV aka "Daadddeeee wa"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Reliable Is A Washing Machine. / Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? / Old Couple In Wedding Attire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.