Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,789 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids (17638 Views)

How Do I Apologize To My Wife? / Nigerians Advised To Buy Black Dolls For Their Kids. See Reactions / Photo Of Man Kissing His Wife & Their Kids Trying To Stop Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by Pilot4Airbus(m): 5:17pm On Aug 12, 2019
Tire me
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by Sirlins(m): 5:17pm On Aug 12, 2019
Ah yes naaa. If my mummy wants to collect something from my dad in an indirect way, that's when you will be hearing chiboy oya sorry, I won't beat you again just go and tell your daddy thar. .........

2 Likes

Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by Tallesty1(m): 5:17pm On Aug 12, 2019
African parents apologize with gifts not sorry

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by hahn(m): 5:18pm On Aug 12, 2019
alfa0:
it depends on parental up bringing and how we see things of this life.
my late father do apologies but my mother never did.
come down to me,i apologies to my children ,my wife does same.
so its not about Africa ,i feel its more about personality and individual differences .

However,i feel we should not take things too serious,whether the offender apologies or not,
just feel free and move on with your life.

It's an African thing. Just like expecting your parents to tell you "please".

Most Africans don't have manners. The only form of respect we believe in is greeting.

"African time" is a testament to that

4 Likes

Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by Starkid3010(m): 5:19pm On Aug 12, 2019
Let's forget about this abwg....
Shaa
You believe
I believe
Don't think your believe is always right.. Neither should I
Life should be like that. Mm
You shouldn't be too sure of yourself to the point that you will say others don't know what they are doing
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by GoodFaith: 5:20pm On Aug 12, 2019
ONLY APOLOGIZE
HE/SHE NEED TO LAY ON THE FLOOR FOR YOU
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by Nwaedeinya(m): 5:21pm On Aug 12, 2019
is that possible?
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by ednut1(m): 5:21pm On Aug 12, 2019
African parents are part of the reasons africa is backward. The abused children even when older cannot speak up against it because of respect

3 Likes

Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by GoodFaith: 5:21pm On Aug 12, 2019
hahn:

It's an African thing. Just like expecting your parents to tell you "please".

Most Africans don't have manners. The only form of respect we believe in is greeting.

"African time" is a testament to that

i LIKE YOU MANNERS OF NO MANNER "Most Africans don't have manners."
GO GET COMMON SENSE

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by GoodFaith: 5:23pm On Aug 12, 2019
ednut1:
African parents are part of the reasons africa is backward. The abused children even when older cannot speak up against it because of respect

OTHER DUMB KID BLAME UR PARENTS FOR YOUR FAILURES

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by tizzdi(m): 5:24pm On Aug 12, 2019
Too much hollywood

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by ICCtestimony(m): 5:24pm On Aug 12, 2019
What u mean is that i should answer question that can make my parent disown me, where leadership is the major problem in africa. Africa never have nurse leadership but selfish. The fish is still in river or ocean. I believe one day make new country in africa the best to recon with. History is between me and u. Educated once will to the right thing while lack of knowledge keeps the leaders of my state drink garri.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by Lexusgs430: 5:24pm On Aug 12, 2019
Follar:
I really don't understand why it's a big deal for parents to say 'I am sorry' to their kids. These same parents will scold a child who refuses to say a continuous thank you for gift that isn't so helpful at the moment. All in the name of being parents, they feel that they are equal the moment you say you are sorry to a child.

Children are human too and they have rights. Parents who constantly would refuse to be sorry for a wrong has a chance of
Not having a good communication with the child
Loosing the child to sharks in the street
Loosing any form of connections
Child seeking any available means of getting out of the house
Getting advice from third parties
Confiding in other people

Children are meant to be our friends, buddies. When you Apologize to your child, train and even spank sometimes, children understand why you spanked them. Being a hard, tough, unyielding parents will only lead you to loosing them.

Be nice, playful, accommodating, apologize, train, communicate, spank and always put them before God.. Only that can you hope for a better future with your child

Do you have kids?.....

2 Likes

Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by ItzEminence(m): 5:25pm On Aug 12, 2019
My Dad do say Sorry to us(His children) even when we were Young, but my Mum is the Opposite, which is really not helping matter.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by Tajbol4splend(m): 5:26pm On Aug 12, 2019
starbuck:
Apology kee them dịa undecided undecided undecided

Since my ancestors didn't, it's definitely not starting with me

Oga fun e
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by hahn(m): 5:26pm On Aug 12, 2019
GoodFaith:

i LIKE YOU MANNERS OF NO MANNER "Most Africans don't have manners."
GO GET COMMON SENSE

Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by GoodFaith: 5:28pm On Aug 12, 2019
[quote author=hahn post=81190104][/quote]

NO COMMON SENSE FOR YOUR PARENTS TO APOLOGIZE
SOMEBODY NEED TO TAKE THE MF DEVICE FROM YOUR DUMB ASS
DISRESPECTFUL KIDS
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by Tajbol4splend(m): 5:28pm On Aug 12, 2019
gurunlocker:
New generation parents are doing so...

My problem with them is that they do it in the wrong way
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by Amacaco: 5:28pm On Aug 12, 2019
I do apologise to my kids and I also teach them to apologise when they are wrong. My parents also used to apologise in their own special way when I was small. It depends on individual's upbringing.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 12, 2019
Apolowetin? Abi make u chop correct iko join....

Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by GoodFaith: 5:31pm On Aug 12, 2019
THE DUMB THING ABOUT AFRICANS IS BALANCING OUR CULTURE, VALUES TO AMERICA
LOOK AT ALL THE KIDS BACK IN NIGERIA PUTTING THEIR PANTS IN THEIR DUMB ASS
FOOLS

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by successfulhadi22(f): 5:32pm On Aug 12, 2019
lolz my mum can never say d word sorry to me,she wil just cook ur favourite food that day that's how she says her sorry

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by GoodFaith: 5:33pm On Aug 12, 2019
successfulhadi22:
lolz my mum can never say d word sorry to me,she wil just cook ur favourite food that day that's how she says her sorry
THAT IS MORE THAN SORRY
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by okeniti: 5:34pm On Aug 12, 2019
Are we talking about Africa or Nigeria? I assume you're talking about Nigeria so i'm gonna say not really, for the most part. For the most part, African (Nigerian) parenting is really just instilling fear instead of raising a child to become a productive adult but that's just my perspective.
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by JaceBlaze: 5:35pm On Aug 12, 2019
Some of them are pathological liars but they have the nerves to tell us to never call an old person a liar sad

2 Likes

Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by Mutemenot(m): 5:36pm On Aug 12, 2019
I do apologise to my son after beating grin atleast he won't cry again

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by GoodFaith: 5:38pm On Aug 12, 2019
okeniti:
Are we talking about Africa or Nigeria? I assume you're talking about Nigeria so i'm gonna say not really, for the most part. For the most part, African (Nigerian) parenting is really just instilling fear instead of raising a child to become a productive adult but that's just my perspective.

WRONG
TAKE UR EXAM AGAIN
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by starbright4real(m): 5:39pm On Aug 12, 2019
elo every one am a graduate of accounting (HND) pls i seriously need a job. i wil appreciate any positive response.
brightnigeria@gmail.com
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by may320: 5:40pm On Aug 12, 2019
African parents believed they are training you and putting you in the right path and building you up for a future ahead to make you become a better person.
You must have offended your parents before they'll discipline you, and if you're dealt with wrongly, which is not common in most cases, they have their ways of apologizing to you, which may not be direct.
For instance, my mum would have been warning and giving you signs long before the 'day of your reckoning' would come. grin
Let's stop this act of condemning everything about Africa and our rich values.
The oyinbos you're mentioning have their own cup full of palaver with their children too.

4 Likes

Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by hahn(m): 5:41pm On Aug 12, 2019
GoodFaith:

NO COMMON SENSE FOR YOUR PARENTS TO APOLOGIZE
SOMEBODY NEED TO TAKE THE MF DEVICE FROM YOUR DUMB ASS
DISRESPECTFUL KIDS

Lol. Look at person wey get respect

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Boyfriend Slapped Me! / CONTACT US FOR YOUR FURNITURE / How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.