Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,579 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids (17636 Views)

How Do I Apologize To My Wife? / Nigerians Advised To Buy Black Dolls For Their Kids. See Reactions / Photo Of Man Kissing His Wife & Their Kids Trying To Stop Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by banio: 5:41pm On Aug 12, 2019
starbuck:
Apology kee them dịa undecided undecided undecided

Since my ancestors didn't, it's definitely not starting with me

I just fell in love with this post.
grin

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:43pm On Aug 12, 2019
Can the kids keep quiet, let the parents talk.

I have told my son sorry on numerous occasions, because I want that to be part of him, I will also let him see sorry as a shameful thing, but a shameful thing which must be done, irrespective of who he is telling it to.

This is to condition his mind to avoid putting himself in a situation that will see

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by banio: 5:43pm On Aug 12, 2019
AstuteChap:
@the topic - Lai lai!!!
African parents that will be beating you and still be saying "You will not kill me in this house" cheesy cheesy cheesy

grin
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by GoodFaith: 5:44pm On Aug 12, 2019
hahn:

Lol. Look at person wey get respect

LIKE I SAID GIVE UP YOUR MF DEVICE
YOU HAVE NO MANNERS
DISRESPECTFUL KID
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:44pm On Aug 12, 2019

I have told my son sorry on numerous occasions, because I want that to be part of him, I will also let him see sorry as a shameful thing, but a shameful thing which must be done, irrespective of who he is telling it to.

This is to condition his mind to avoid putting himself in situations that will make him say sorry

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by hahn(m): 5:44pm On Aug 12, 2019
GoodFaith:

LIKE I SAID GIVE UP YOUR MF DEVICE
YOU HAVE NO MANNERS
DISRESPECTFUL KID

Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by GoodFaith: 5:46pm On Aug 12, 2019
Proudlyngwa:

This is to condition his mind to avoid putting himself in situations that will make him say sorry
APOLOGY IS NOT A SHAMEFUL THING
WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES
HOW WE LEARN FROM THAT MISTAKE OR EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE US A BETTER PERSON

2 Likes

Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by GoodFaith: 5:47pm On Aug 12, 2019
[quote author=hahn post=81190741][/quote]

THAT PANT YOU PUTTING IN YOUR ASS
MAKE YOU NOT TO HAVE COMMON SENSE
USELESS KID
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by omoiyamayor(m): 5:47pm On Aug 12, 2019
Well my mom do say sorry
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by ogawisdom(m): 5:48pm On Aug 12, 2019
Apologize kee

It's not a usual practice here
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by 1Sharon(f): 5:48pm On Aug 12, 2019
JaceBlaze:
Some of them are pathological liars but they have the nerves to tell us to never call an old person a liar sad

Don't mind them. That is how they shield themselves from any criticism. A lie is a lie.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by Stupidmodes: 5:49pm On Aug 12, 2019
Follar:
I really don't understand why it's a big deal for parents to say 'I am sorry' to their kids. These same parents will scold a child who refuses to say a continuous thank you for gift that isn't so helpful at the moment. All in the name of being parents, they feel that they are equal the moment you say you are sorry to a child.

Children are human too and they have rights. Parents who constantly would refuse to be sorry for a wrong has a chance of
Not having a good communication with the child
Loosing the child to sharks in the street
Loosing any form of connections
Child seeking any available means of getting out of the house
Getting advice from third parties
Confiding in other people

Children are meant to be our friends, buddies. When you Apologize to your child, train and even spank sometimes, children understand why you spanked them. Being a hard, tough, unyielding parents will only lead you to loosing them.

Be nice, playful, accommodating, apologize, train, communicate, spank and always put them before God.. Only that can you hope for a better future with your child

Look more like childish rant. But let me ask you, do you have kids? If you don't then close the thread.
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by 1Sharon(f): 5:50pm On Aug 12, 2019
Proudlyngwa:

This is to condition his mind to avoid putting himself in a situation that will see

Since when is sorry a shameful thing?

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by enemyofprogress: 5:51pm On Aug 12, 2019
Apology?na so una take spoil the world. Give am koboko join sef. I ate nonsense
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:53pm On Aug 12, 2019
GoodFaith:

APOLOGY IS NOT A SHAMEFUL THING
WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES
HOW WE LEARN FROM THAT MISTAKE OR EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE US A BETTER PERSON

Some. People have no problem doing something wrong because, they feel sorry will always bail them out, and yes sorry is actually a shameful thing, when it becomes a habit. If you had read my words well, you would have seen where I said it must be said if need be, but situations that put you in a position to say sorry should be avoided more.
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by blingxx(m): 5:57pm On Aug 12, 2019
gurunlocker:
New generation parents are doing so...

Only if you are the breadwinner of the family.. If you are the unserious type "hell no"
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by CHAVINCI: 5:59pm On Aug 12, 2019
Primusinterpares:
They hardly apologise... they just say sorry in another way
something like "come and see if this cloth wee size you"
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by LZAA: 5:59pm On Aug 12, 2019
You know wia u dy grin
Omo wen we small na we dy tell our parents sorry after serious corporal punishment grin
Forget american movies o
The thing even worse for there
The only difference is that over there they follow the law

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by GoodFaith: 5:59pm On Aug 12, 2019
Proudlyngwa:

Some. People have no problem doing something wrong because, they feel sorry will always bail them out, and yes sorry is actually a shameful thing, when it becomes a habit. If you had read my words well, you would have seen where I said it must be said if need be, but situations that put you in a position to say sorry should be avoided more.

COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU "situations that put you in a position to say sorry should be avoided more."
WE DON'T LIVE IN A PERFECT WORLD
OUR MISTAKES IS PART OF OUR LIFE EXPERIENCE
WE MUST LEARN NOT TO REPEAT THE SAME MISTAKE
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 12, 2019
donbachi:
For where?..they will never.they feels been parents means they must be right always....na so my parent warned my not to collect a thing from anybody...we come owe land 2years+.my aunty with her husband wey come from jand hand me 1k dollars na e i tell am "thank u"..if u see d sweat wey come out from my parent body,my fada eye red for 1week...na so dat my aunty husband sey"wow u're such a gud boy"..when dem don go na e my fada n moda call me enter room dey ask me"dat they cant remember telling me such"....dem beat me for 5months till my aunty finally send d rent.
I can understand the psychological trauma you went through. I wouldn't blame you because you trained not to collect gifts from anybody
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 12, 2019
enemyofprogress:
Apology?na so una take spoil the world. Give am koboko join sef. I ate nonsense
This is new era
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by hahn(m): 6:03pm On Aug 12, 2019
GoodFaith:

THAT PANT YOU PUTTING IN YOUR ASS
MAKE YOU NOT TO HAVE COMMON SENSE
USELESS KID

2 Likes

Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 12, 2019
Tallesty1:
African parents apologize with gifts not sorry
Not all as things has changed.
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by GoodFaith: 6:07pm On Aug 12, 2019
[quote author=hahn post=81191346][/quote]

I guess u are speaking to your parents
somebody need to put 9mm to your dumb mouth so that you can zip it up MF
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by fyneboi79(m): 6:07pm On Aug 12, 2019
Follar:
I really don't understand why it's a big deal for parents to say 'I am sorry' to their kids. These same parents will scold a child who refuses to say a continuous thank you for gift that isn't so helpful at the moment. All in the name of being parents, they feel that they are equal the moment you say you are sorry to a child.

Children are human too and they have rights. Parents who constantly would refuse to be sorry for a wrong has a chance of
Not having a good communication with the child
Loosing the child to sharks in the street
Loosing any form of connections
Child seeking any available means of getting out of the house
Getting advice from third parties
Confiding in other people

Children are meant to be our friends, buddies. When you Apologize to your child, train and even spank sometimes, children understand why you spanked them. Being a hard, tough, unyielding parents will only lead you to loosing them.

Be nice, playful, accommodating, apologize, train, communicate, spank and always put them before God.. Only that can you hope for a better future with your child
thanks for this,it's been a long time coming.
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 12, 2019
What makes you think you deserve an apology? Are you matured enough to know rights from wrongs and objectively analyze a situation in which you felt badly treated? All my life, my mum actually dealt with me once. I later felt I deserved an apology 'cause she misunderstood me which resulted in her beating me, but in retrospection, she did what a caring mother would. You discipline your kids and don't apologize for doing so.

The family system has lost it 'cause parents are looking the other way. Trying to be friends with their kids when they should be mentors and role models.

2 Likes

Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 12, 2019
Stupidmodes:

Look more like childish rant. But let me ask you, do you have kids? If you don't then close the thread.
The guy isn't childish rather he is stating the fact. A man killed his child mistakenly because he was quick to act without been logical. The child was at the point of death when he apologized for his actions however it was too late.
Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by DameB(f): 6:10pm On Aug 12, 2019
lekjons:
well, they wouldn't be African parents if they do that, would they?

Exactly... When I was younger it used to get to me... Now I don't care. I just give them a dish of my mind politely.. and I have forced my mum to start respecting boundaries. They are so nice to outsiders to mean to kids...

African parents and nigerian public hospital nurses are similargrin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by Prezzkhid(m): 6:10pm On Aug 12, 2019
When i become a parent in future, me sef gan no go dey apologize to my child(ren)... We're in naija for crying out loud... I can't expect my parents to apologize now, so my child(ren) should inherit that trait...

Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by GoodFaith: 6:10pm On Aug 12, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
What makes you think you deserve an apology? Are you matured enough to know rights from wrongs and objectively analyze a situation in which you felt badly treated? All my life, my mum actually dealt with me once. I later felt I deserved an apology 'cause she misunderstood me which resulted in her beating me, but in retrospection, she did what a caring mother would. You discipline your kids and don't apologize for doing so.

The family system has lost it 'cause parents are looking the other way. Trying to be friends with their kids when they should be mentors and role models.
""You discipline your kids and don't apologize for doing so."" well said
the MF kid that have not left Nigeria
think Nigeria is America
I have made it clear to my kids that I am a Nigeria man with great values and culture
I continue to work on balancing the great culture and values my parent taught me in my life
to the new things i have learned in the past 32 yrs

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by Globalistic(f): 6:14pm On Aug 12, 2019
We are not complaining biko talk another thing.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids by Legendguru: 6:14pm On Aug 12, 2019
how and why

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Boyfriend Slapped Me! / CONTACT US FOR YOUR FURNITURE / How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.