Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,360 members, 7,819,288 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

The Problem Of Who Is God And Who Is The Creator Are Yet To Be Resolved - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Problem Of Who Is God And Who Is The Creator Are Yet To Be Resolved (4787 Views)

Can The Creator "Judge" The Created / The Existence Of The Creator Is Best Discussed Face To Face. / Why It Makes No Sense To Worship God, The Creator Of Jehovah And Allah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Problem Of Who Is God And Who Is The Creator Are Yet To Be Resolved by Emusan(m): 1:56pm On Aug 18, 2019
Peacefullove:
The below caught my attention

Red @

Does it mean people go to hell bodily , weeping and teeth are bone structures of the physical body ??

Is the Spirit concept a myth?

And where did you see that in my post

It's already a myth to you, so what change
Re: The Problem Of Who Is God And Who Is The Creator Are Yet To Be Resolved by Abdulgaffar22: 2:01pm On Aug 18, 2019
sonmvayina:

Same God different nomenclature....

Yes, if their God really posses those qualities

So do you believe in this one supreme God ?
Re: The Problem Of Who Is God And Who Is The Creator Are Yet To Be Resolved by Peacefullove: 2:02pm On Aug 18, 2019
Emusan:

And where did you see that in my post

It's already a myth to you, so what change
All I needed was clarification for the Red parts.

Do u agree its a myth ? Do spirit have bones like teeth ? Or water in the eyes to weep ? That description are bodily, which begs the question : why aren't people going to hell with their bodies and teeth ? Why bury the teeth to gnash ?
Re: The Problem Of Who Is God And Who Is The Creator Are Yet To Be Resolved by sonmvayina(m): 2:13pm On Aug 18, 2019
Abdulgaffar22:

Yes, if their God really posses those qualities

So do you believe in this one supreme God ?
Yes oh.. We igbos call him CHUKWU... The creator.
Re: The Problem Of Who Is God And Who Is The Creator Are Yet To Be Resolved by Emusan(m): 2:14pm On Aug 18, 2019
Peacefullove:

All I needed was clarification for the Red parts.

Do u agree its a myth? Do spirit have bones like teeth ? Or water in the eyes to weep ? That description are bodily, which begs the question : why aren't people going to hell with their bodies and teeth ? Why bury the teeth to gnash ?

SMH....

Have you been into the spirit to have known that it's BODILY description

God was described in the Bible to have a hand, eyes e.t.c do you mean God has a body like ours to have been described that way

I know you must bring your baby brain to here
Re: The Problem Of Who Is God And Who Is The Creator Are Yet To Be Resolved by Emusan(m): 2:23pm On Aug 18, 2019
Peacefullove:

My questions are awaiting you on the other thread you ran from.

You must be a witch to have known I ran from it.

Yeshua proved its not at Mathew 24:36

And to see how you link Holy Spirit to this verse is one of the seventh wonders of the world.
Re: The Problem Of Who Is God And Who Is The Creator Are Yet To Be Resolved by Abdulgaffar22: 3:06pm On Aug 18, 2019
Peacefullove:

I think it oppose logic for an Almighty to have a God, but you still can't fault the writing of John, the entire capital/ small letter decision were made by Translators of Christian bible into English, if the same Bible can call humans god it must be true then that it reffered to Yeshua as God/god in the same sense , not in the sense of Almighty

I will like to know your thought.

So it is the fault of the translators of Bible into English ? I agree with you. But do you know how many Christians that have died having the belief that Jesus is God in actual sense base on this John 1:1,14 ? Remember: KJV is the first commonest Bible known to all.

Apart from this, there are some verses in the same book of John which seems to give Jesus the quality that belongs only to God. For example, consider the following verse;

"And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it. (John 14:13-14)"

Are we suppose to ask Jesus or God for anything? God of course!
Then why John have to report Jesus being said ;
" you may ask me"?

Again who suppose to answer our prayer: Jesus or God ? God of course!

Then why John have to report Jesus being said; "I will do it" ?

Honestly, the major cause of the doctrinal problems in the Christian world is Bible itself. Take it or leave it.
Re: The Problem Of Who Is God And Who Is The Creator Are Yet To Be Resolved by Peacefullove: 7:37pm On Aug 18, 2019
Emusan:

SMH....

Have you been into the spirit to have known that it's BODILY description

God was described in the Bible to have a hand, eyes e.t.c do you mean God has a body like ours to have been described that way

I know you must bring your baby brain to here

Any such description given God are termed anthropomorphic by many religion . reason been, He never for once have such human body. ( Note this aspect )

But its a different situation here, because the persons in question actually HAVE SUCH BODY, hence this are real description not anthropomorphic.

Act 7:54
Now when they heard this, they were cut to the quick, and they began gnashing their teeth at him

Do the people described here have teeth ?

The main question here is : Are you disagreeing that people will still have their human bodies in hell according to the bible ?
Re: The Problem Of Who Is God And Who Is The Creator Are Yet To Be Resolved by Peacefullove: 7:48pm On Aug 18, 2019
Emusan:

You must be a witch to have known I ran from it.

And to see how you link Holy Spirit to this verse is one of the seventh wonders of the world.

I expect the holy spirit as a person to know ALL the things of God, u agree , Yes ?
Re: The Problem Of Who Is God And Who Is The Creator Are Yet To Be Resolved by Peacefullove: 9:13pm On Aug 18, 2019
Abdulgaffar22:

So it is the fault of the translators of Bible into English ? I agree with you. But do you know how many Christians that have died having the belief that Jesus is God in actual sense base on this John 1:1,14 ? Remember: KJV is the first commonest Bible known to all.

You have a point here, many in the previous centuries wrongly think Yeshua is the Almighty God himself..

Apart from this, there are some verses in the same book of John which seems to give Jesus the quality that belongs only to God. For example, consider the following verse;

"And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it. (John 14:13-14)"

Are we suppose to ask Jesus or God for anything? God of course!
Then why John have to report Jesus being said ;
" you may ask me"?

Again who suppose to answer our prayer: Jesus or God ? God of course!

Then why John have to report Jesus being said; "I will do it" ?

Honestly, the major cause of the doctrinal problems in the Christian world is Bible itself. Take it or leave it.

I wont really see any issue here given that Yeshua once admitted he can do Nothing, I mean nothing of his own initiative, he as well taught them to ask his Father directly says John 15 vs 16
Re: The Problem Of Who Is God And Who Is The Creator Are Yet To Be Resolved by Emusan(m): 9:32pm On Aug 18, 2019
Peacefullove:
I expect the holy spirit as a person to know ALL the things of God, u agree , Yes ?

But you lied that the Jesus confirmed Holy Spirit isn't a person in that verse which has nothing with Holy Spirit at all.

Deluded....
Re: The Problem Of Who Is God And Who Is The Creator Are Yet To Be Resolved by Emusan(m): 9:38pm On Aug 18, 2019
Peacefullove:
Any such description given God are termed anthropomorphic by many religion . reason been, He never for once have such human body. ( Note this aspect )

This is the part I want....so you can continue to deceive yourself.

But its a different situation here, because the persons in question actually HAVE SUCH BODY, hence this are real description not anthropomorphic.

Act 7:54
Now when they heard this, they were cut to the quick, and they began gnashing their teeth at him

Do the people described here have teeth ?

The main question here is : Are you disagreeing that people will still have their human bodies in hell according to the bible ?

Only a person with a child brain can spew this...
Re: The Problem Of Who Is God And Who Is The Creator Are Yet To Be Resolved by Abdulgaffar22: 10:11pm On Aug 18, 2019
Peacefullove:

You have a point here, many in the previous centuries wrongly think Yeshua is the Almighty God himself..

So what is going to be their fate for taking who is not a God as God (idolatry) ?

Peacefullove:

I wont really see any issue here given that Yeshua once admitted he can do Nothing, I mean nothing of his own initiative, he as well taught them to ask his Father directly says John 15 vs 16

You may not see any issue with this. But those who want to believe that Jesus is God are using it (John 14:13-14) and many other similar verses( Matthew 18:20, Colossians 2:9, Isaiah 9:6, Hebrew 1:8 etc ) to support their claim. Who gave them that opportunity ? Bible of course.

This is the reason why George Bernard Shaw declared many years ago; "BIBLE IS THE MOST DANGEROUS BOOK ON EARTH, KEEP IT UNDER LOCK AND KEY"
Re: The Problem Of Who Is God And Who Is The Creator Are Yet To Be Resolved by Nobody: 2:44am On Aug 19, 2019
Emusan:

Just as you're languishing over ignorance and self deception.

At least, it's JWs organization you found your truth why genuine Christians found theirs in the Bible...

If not because I pointed out your lies, will you have changed your narration?

Hypocrite!

Now let's see whether the passage you cited supported your narration or exposed your lies and ignorance more.

1. The kingdom of heaven was liking to a wedding...

2. The king asked His servants to call those who were bidden for the wedding...BUT they would not come!

3. After The king sent another servants but the REMNANT maltreated and even killed the servants

4. On hearing this, The king's judgement was upon them by sent forth His armies to destroy and even burn their city.

5. Then in v9 the king instructed His servants they go to the Highways (Plural) to look for "AS MANY AS YE SHALL FIND...," from here it's evident that the number can't be quantifiable....but out of your delusions and evil mind you have to assume that it must be to complete the 144,000.

6. V10 says "those servants went out into the highways (plural) and gathered together ALL as MANY AS THEY FOUND" the most astonished part is that the people gathered are "BOTH BAD and GOOD"....are you saying among the 144,000 there are still bad people among them? I know you can't answer yes! because somewhere else, you already claimed they were all FAITHFUL SERVANTS.

You can see how the said organisation you found truth is destroying your salvation with false doctrine.

From the illustration of the wedding, we read that the King destroyed the murderers and even burn down their city (this can be described as Armageddon).

Also, we read that the king commanded his servants to bind a man who was without wedding garment to be thrown out into outer darkness, there shall be "WEEPING and GNASHING OF TEETH"

But your demonic organization says no eternal punishment for any bad person...nor people are conscious after death.~ Psalms 146:4,Ecclesiastes 3:19-20, 9:6,10

How come the person will be weeping and gnashing of teeth? ~ symbolic! at death man has fully paid for all his sins! READ Romans 6:7

because this punishment was totally different from the one describes as Armageddon. As you can see, the destruction of both the murderer and their city have occurred. (Funny thing is, you may come with excuses of figurative). ~ Jerusalem and the Temple was destroyed 36 years later, Jews were dispassed to different nations never to be gathered as on nation anymore and the Pharisaic religious setting was TOTALLY eradicated!

If you're truly after the Salvation of your soul, I'll advice you to spend a whole lot of time with your Bible than watchtower.~What a pity! The Watchtower are using the Bible to preach and teach people about God's Kingdom and NO religion on the surface of this earth meet up with the result Jesus foretold about the true Christians {Matthew 5:14-16, 7:15-20, John 13:34-35} apart from those learning from the WATCHTOWER! They're the only group that's able to form one body of a happy global family of peace-loving worshippers just as Jesus prayed for @ John 17:20-23. So your argument against them when you can't present a better performing group amount to nothing Sir!

Instead of simply asking for the analysis from the person who narrated the illustration and presented a seemingly wrong interpretation so that all the followers in the thread can see the flaws, you went ahead jumping to conclusions without asking me at all! cheesy

Well watch and let's see if the illustration is misplaced!

¤The King is JEHOVAH
¤The feast is partaking as rulers with Christ
¤Invitees were the frontiers in the Jewish laws
¤Servants sent were Prophets
¤His son is Jesus
¤First to respond were Jews who were less religious
¤The second were Gentiles

Jehovah invited the Jewish religious leaders who were teaching the people about the promises of God as found in the Bible, sign shows that these ones knew Jesus is a unique prophet {John 3:1-2} but they prefer their earthly position to whatever Jesus has brought! John 11:48

While the prophets keep coming to reassure them of the promise of becoming partakers with the Christ as corulers, they were killing them! Matthew 23:37-38

The first to respond were lesser religious Jews like fishermen, tax collectors, shepherds and the rest. These ones knew less about how the Christ will rule.

Second sets were Gentiles who knew nothing about all these arrangements, these are those referred to as bad people because they had nothing to do with the arrangement since they neither know God's laws nor keep it so the illustration fittingly referred to them as BAD!

The man found without a wedding garment connotes individuals who weren't invited by God's holy spirit to become partakers of the arrangement but assuming they will also go to heaven for the purpose they don't even know! That's why most of you are just agitating for nothing because most Jehovah's Witnesses today knew that the earth is where God promised to make a Paradise NOT heaven, it's only a few that's going to heaven for a specific reason of ruling with Christ there! Matthew 22:14 cheesy
Re: The Problem Of Who Is God And Who Is The Creator Are Yet To Be Resolved by Nobody: 3:28am On Aug 19, 2019
Emusan:

But you lied that the Jesus confirmed Holy Spirit isn't a person in that verse which has nothing with Holy Spirit at all.

Deluded....

Haaaaaaaaa! Emusa!

Why do you like arguing blindly so much like this? embarassed

Peacefullove made a very strong point there!

Jesus said NOBODY knows, NOT the angels, NOR the son but only the Father!

Of course if the Holy Spirit is a person as your folks have always argued, why didn't Jesus make mentioned of such person?

According to Jesus' statement there, the personalities in heaven are
The Father ~JEHOVAH
The son ~Jesus who also was an heavenly angel
The angels ~ Other heavenly sons of God

So where is the Holy Spirit whom you and all your folks have always argued that is a person? undecided

Stephen was filled with the Holy Spirit {God's active Force} and as he lifted up his eyes to heaven, Stephen was reported to have said "I see Jesus at the right hand of God" but no mention of the Holy Spirit because it's the FORCE activating Stephen's sight to see beyond what ordinary eye can behold! Act 7:55-56 compared to 1Kings 18:46

1 Like

Re: The Problem Of Who Is God And Who Is The Creator Are Yet To Be Resolved by Emusan(m): 7:02am On Aug 19, 2019
Maximus69:
Of course if the Holy Spirit is a person as your folks have always argued, why didn't Jesus make mentioned of such person?

According to Jesus' statement there, the personalities in heaven are
The Father ~JEHOVAH
The son ~Jesus who also was an heavenly angel
The angels ~ Other heavenly sons of God

So where is the Holy Spirit whom you and all your folks have always argued that is a person? undecided

Stephen was filled with the Holy Spirit {God's active Force} and as he lifted up his eyes to heaven, Stephen was reported to have said "I see Jesus at the right hand of God" but no mention of the Holy Spirit because it's the FORCE activating Stephen's sight to see beyond what ordinary eye can behold! Act 7:55-56 compared to 1Kings 18:46

Since this is the line of your argument then we can also say, since Jesus didn't include the Father in the blasphemy statement, the Father isn't a person!

Olodo....
Re: The Problem Of Who Is God And Who Is The Creator Are Yet To Be Resolved by Peacefullove: 9:56am On Aug 19, 2019
Emusan:

This is the part I want....so you can continue to deceive yourself.
Only a person with a child brain can spew this...
I know you will fall into the bait, I deliberately reserve my Point for this moment.

God whom you talked about is a Spirit being, but humans are not spirit being, There are two elements here: Spirit with a Spirit body. Hence rendering all description as anthropomorphic

Do dead humans have a spirit body , u say Yes?
Re: The Problem Of Who Is God And Who Is The Creator Are Yet To Be Resolved by Peacefullove: 9:59am On Aug 19, 2019
Emusan:

Deluded....

Its only a deluded person that jumps like you do. My point is still associated with Yeshuas statement, answer the below first

I asked- I expect the holy spirit to know ALL the things of God , Yes ?
Re: The Problem Of Who Is God And Who Is The Creator Are Yet To Be Resolved by Peacefullove: 10:02am On Aug 19, 2019
Emusan:

Since this is the line of your argument then we can also say, since Jesus didn't include the Father in the blasphemy statement, the Father isn't a person!

Olodo....

He raised one point you can't refute, the blasphemy statement doesn't even prove a thing,

One embrace the entire universe, the other doesn't.

First, is Holy spirit among the * Nobody knows * ?
Re: The Problem Of Who Is God And Who Is The Creator Are Yet To Be Resolved by Emusan(m): 10:05am On Aug 19, 2019
Peacefullove:

I know you will fall into the bait, I deliberately reserve my Point for this moment.

God whom you talked about is a Spirit being, but humans are not spirit being, There are two elements here: Spirit with a Spirit body. Hence rendering all description as anthropomorphic

Do dead humans have a spirit body , u say Yes? ...

Imagine still asking question like in 21st century....

A reasonable person can see how deluded you are
Re: The Problem Of Who Is God And Who Is The Creator Are Yet To Be Resolved by Emusan(m): 10:07am On Aug 19, 2019
Peacefullove:
Its only a deluded person that jumps like you do. My point is still associated with Yeshuas statement, answer the below first

I asked- I expect the holy spirit to know ALL the things of God , Yes ?

And you didn't see that in the scripture where it was written bah?
Re: The Problem Of Who Is God And Who Is The Creator Are Yet To Be Resolved by Peacefullove: 10:10am On Aug 19, 2019
Emusan:

And you didn't see that in the scripture where it was written bah?

A1. holy spirit as a person doesn't know all the things of God as stated in that scripture since it doesn't know the day and hour , hence that verse is a lie... Agree ?
Re: The Problem Of Who Is God And Who Is The Creator Are Yet To Be Resolved by Peacefullove: 10:12am On Aug 19, 2019
Emusan:

Imagine still asking question like in 21st century....

A reasonable person can see how deluded you are

At least prove am deluded. By giving a response, or else you may be in for a shock.

Dead humans have a Spiritual body, agree ?
Re: The Problem Of Who Is God And Who Is The Creator Are Yet To Be Resolved by Emusan(m): 10:16am On Aug 19, 2019
Peacefullove:
He raised one point you can't refute, the blasphemy statement doesn't even prove a thing,

One embrace the entire universe, the other doesn't.

First, is Holy spirit among the * Nobody knows * ?

Now it has to embrace the entire universe....hypocrite!

But in the blasphemy statement, Jesus grouped Himself along with the Holy Spirit and excluded the Father...

How can one blasphemy against something that's not a person?

The statement didn't include the Holy Spirit which you lied Jesus did and only deluded person will conclude on where the scripture didn't conclude....it's like saying since Jesus didn't mention the father it means you can blasphemy against the Father....does it make sense?
Re: The Problem Of Who Is God And Who Is The Creator Are Yet To Be Resolved by Emusan(m): 10:19am On Aug 19, 2019
Peacefullove:
A1. holy spirit as a person doesn't know all the things of God as stated in that scripture since it doesn't know the day and hour , hence that verse is a lie... Agree ?

So the verse that says Holy Spirit knows ALL THE THINGS of God is also lie...because I don't know how inanimate thing will know something about you.
Re: The Problem Of Who Is God And Who Is The Creator Are Yet To Be Resolved by Emusan(m): 10:21am On Aug 19, 2019
Peacefullove:

At least prove am deluded. By giving a response, or else you may be in for a shock.

Dead humans have a Spiritual body, agree?

You're deluded because Spirit Is spirit.

God was described to have a eyes, hand e.t.c then should we conclude that God must have a body like ours?
Re: The Problem Of Who Is God And Who Is The Creator Are Yet To Be Resolved by Peacefullove: 10:26am On Aug 19, 2019
Emusan:

You're deluded because Spirit Is spirit.

God was described to have a eyes, hand e.t.c then should we conclude that God must have a body like ours?
You don't get .
What kind of Body does God have ?
Re: The Problem Of Who Is God And Who Is The Creator Are Yet To Be Resolved by Emusan(m): 10:33am On Aug 19, 2019
Peacefullove:

You don't get .
What kind of Body does God have ?

So upon all your rants, you just realized you've been deceiving yourself.

Where did you read it from that God has a body?
Re: The Problem Of Who Is God And Who Is The Creator Are Yet To Be Resolved by Peacefullove: 10:34am On Aug 19, 2019
Emusan:

So the verse that says Holy Spirit knows ALL THE THINGS of God is also lie... because I don't know how inanimate thing will know something about you .
grin grin grin grin

The same bible says spirit of man knows the things of a man , this spirit is the same with that of animals, remember ? Eccl 3:19-21 grin yet it says it knows , u can rest now, since it's not a different person.

Back to the point stated earlier: Do we now agree the verse that said holy spirit knows ALL the things of God is a lie ? ( a different person in this case )
Re: The Problem Of Who Is God And Who Is The Creator Are Yet To Be Resolved by Peacefullove: 10:39am On Aug 19, 2019
Emusan:

So upon all your rants, you just realized you've been deceiving yourself.

Where did you read it from that God has a body?

Like the heavenly one, so too are those who are heavenly, concerning this heavenly one, your Bible says he was raised a spiritual body .

Since those in heaven are like the heavenly one, that means God have a spiritual body, agree ?
Re: The Problem Of Who Is God And Who Is The Creator Are Yet To Be Resolved by Peacefullove: 10:47am On Aug 19, 2019
Emusan:

Now it has to embrace the entire universe....hypocrite!

But in the blasphemy statement, Jesus grouped Himself along with the Holy Spirit and excluded the Father...

How can one blasphemy against something that's not a person?

The statement didn't include the Holy Spirit which you lied Jesus did and only deluded person will conclude on where the scripture didn't conclude....it's like saying since Jesus didn't mention the father it means you can blasphemy against the Father....does it make sense?

I tell you again, when we are through with this, you will see why the blasphemy angle doesn't help you.

Am questioning two things

The God status ascribed to holy spirit - Does it know the day and hour ?

The person status ascribed - If its a person, that makes the verse that said knows all the things of God a Lie ,because it doesn't , this person is among the NOBODY knows!!! . IT MEANS WE SHOULD HAVE TWO PERSONS that know the day and hour . for that verse to be true!

If it's not a person, there is no need for Yeshua to mention it at Matth 24:36 as he did since it represent the very power of the Father himself . so if a verse says it knows all the things of God, it is because its the power of that God himself

Back to the blasphemy statement, to blaspheme it will be a direct assault on the Father who owns this power .

Getting it now ?

We need to agree first on the red part .
Re: The Problem Of Who Is God And Who Is The Creator Are Yet To Be Resolved by Emusan(m): 10:47am On Aug 19, 2019
Peacefullove:
Like the heavenly one, so too are those who are heavenly, concerning this heavenly one, your Bible says he was raised a spiritual body.

Since those in heaven are like the heavenly one, that means God have a spiritual body, agree?

@Bolden is sufficient for me...

So after you said that "HE WAS RAISED A SPIRITUAL BODY"

So if those in heaven are like the heavenly one, wouldn't those in hell be the same? You can see how you crumble your own argument....

Besides, this is all about resurrection and not about God because God is a spirit and doesn't have a body.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Funny Pics About Religious People That Should Make You THINK AGAIN. (PIX) / What Is Wrong With Christian Women Wearing Trouser? / Pastor Tries To Import An Electric Shock Machine!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.