Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

How I Got Infected With HIV - Health (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How I Got Infected With HIV (91559 Views)

Italian Infected With Coronavirus Visited Ogun / Chinese Baby Infected With Coronavirus 30 Hours After Birth / 100 Ladies Working For NGOs In Borno Impregnated And Infected With HIV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by RTSC2: 1:02pm On Sep 15, 2019
Military87:

Anxiety gives sores?? I wake up to new injuries all over my mouth. With obvious oral thrush too. The fever Is there. There are symptoms anxiety don’t cause.
It could be a low immunity that has nothing to do with hiv.
How much do you eat fruit?
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 15, 2019
Skripture:

I thought symptoms are not supposed to last this long. I still have sores in my mouth and sore throat.
It's definitely not anxiety
Did you test for mono and EBV?
i didn’t. Didn’t see the need to. Besides mono heals on its own from the little I learnt(not certain about this)
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by RTSC2: 1:09pm On Sep 15, 2019
Skripture:

I thought symptoms are not supposed to last this long. I still have sores in my mouth and sore throat.
Have you test for hepatitis?
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 15, 2019
RTSC2:

It could be a low immunity that has nothing to do with hiv.
How much do you eat fruit?
I live on fruits bro literally.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 15, 2019
Skripture:

Symptoms last long sometimes. I already stormed across stories of people who kept on having mouth sores, sore throat and the dry mouth. Till test finally showed +. I hope I ain’t scaring. Those rashes just burst in all over my back and arms again.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by RTSC2: 1:14pm On Sep 15, 2019
Military87:

Symptoms last long sometimes. I already stormed across stories of people who kept on having mouth sores, sore throat and the dry mouth. Till test finally showed +. I hope I ain’t scaring. Those rashes just burst in all over my back and arms again.
NA wa o.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Skripture: 1:18pm On Sep 15, 2019
RTSC2:
Have you test for hepatitis?
Yes at week 8. I'll do one final STD test if i miraculously come out of this one first.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Skripture: 1:19pm On Sep 15, 2019
Military87:

Bro i tire o
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nobody: 1:36pm On Sep 15, 2019
Military87:

All will be well what month are you right know @military87...@skripture do test and give us feedback...I still believe the 3 months conclusive test honestly I believe there is a change in the technology with regards to the equipment used nowadays the 3% is less likely and rare...once you have passed the 3 month mark just calm down and wait for the next 3 months just for confirmation...let's be optimistic...@military87 go back and repeat those std tests again I feel something is wrong somewhere same thing I want to do....Abstinence is the key its better to remain celibate than to pass through all this stress

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nobody: 1:36pm On Sep 15, 2019
Skripture:

Bro i tire o
Till next week bro. Please do well to update us. As a lot of people are waiting for your result.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 15, 2019
we have guys on this forum that have passed through the same problem...some did but we need more people to share their experience that will go a long way to give us hope
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 15, 2019
Zola77:
All will be well what month are you right know @military87...@skripture do test and give us feedback...I still believe the 3 months conclusive test honestly I believe there is a change in the technology with regards to the equipment used nowadays the 3% is less likely and rare...once you have passed the 3 month mark just calm down and wait for the next 3 months just for confirmation...let's be optimistic...@military87 go back and repeat those std tests again I feel something is wrong somewhere same thing I want to do....Abstinence is the key its better to remain celibate than to pass through all this stress

I already did all STD test over and over again. The annoying thingis not like money is my issue. Just give me the test to completely rule out my fears. They decline me.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 15, 2019
Military87:

I already did all STD test over and over again. The annoying thingis not like money is my issue. Just give me the test to completely rule out my fears. They decline me.
what month are you right know the PCR is for few weeks antibody/antigen is the best but it won't detect the virus directly...what other test is recommended....even if you do PCR they will ask you to confirm with antibody/ antigen
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 15, 2019
Zola77:
what month are you right know the PCR is for few weeks antibody/antigen is the best but it won't detect the virus directly...what other test is recommended....even if you do PCR they will ask you to confirm with antibody/ antigen
PCR is useless right now. Same with antigen(already did it at past 3months well it was useless then). There should be a test that can completely rule it out instead of waiting till month 6.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nobody: 2:08pm On Sep 15, 2019
Military87:
PCR is useless right now. Same with antigen(already did it at past 3months well it was useless then). There should be a test that can completely rule it out instead of waiting till month 6.
it is not useless it did show means you don't have it...Honestly I didn't know any test medical doctors in the house help abeg tho was told we don't have experts in that field in Nigeria...You no get am worry less...just wait for 6 months before then keep checking for STDs I think that is the problem...6 months is far tho be patient that's it
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by RTSC2: 2:42pm On Sep 15, 2019
Zola77:
it is not useless it did show means you don't have it...Honestly I didn't know any test medical doctors in the house help abeg tho was told we don't have experts in that field in Nigeria...You no get am worry less...just wait for 6 months before then keep checking for STDs I think that is the problem...6 months is far tho be patient that's it
I think what he has are STDs, not HIV.

He needs to run a full panel.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by RTSC2: 2:44pm On Sep 15, 2019
Skripture:

Yes at week 8.
I'll do one final STD test if i miraculously come out of this one first.
Which of them did you do?
A, B or C?
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Skripture: 3:13pm On Sep 15, 2019
RTSC2:
Which of them did you do? A, B or C?
B
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by RTSC2: 3:14pm On Sep 15, 2019
Skripture:

B
Run for all of them.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by RTSC2: 3:18pm On Sep 15, 2019
I am planning to take a syphilis test tomorrow.
I need to get that out of the way.

Seriously, if I am through with all these, I am not having sex again.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by VictorBlake2000(m): 7:57am On Sep 16, 2019
Skripture:

The nodes are still there, the mouth ulcers have reduced but they still come and go.
please how does the nodes looks like abeg and how does the mouth ulcer looks...
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by VictorBlake2000(m): 8:02am On Sep 16, 2019
Ronaldo24682:
I felt like sharing so others will learn, this might also create awareness as I feel a lot isn’t done to educate people about the insidious HIV.

I will try to be as brief as possible. Sometime this year I had a fling with a girl, I have always been careful as to use protection when I ever I have sex, unluckily for me my condom broke, I realized this immediately and pulled out, got a new condom and continued, wasn’t up to three weeks or so I fell ill, malaria like symptoms and all, during that same time I started having some hiv symptoms like.

Had to go for a test it came out negative, this was around week 4 or so. Despite this test I knew I was positive, I just had the feeling I was, the doctors and lab attendants were just playing it down, no disrespect but most lab scientists here have really poor knowledge on HIV test kits and all.
bro please I need your help badly concerning the HIV stuff please what are the symptoms that you saw before you discovered that it was HIV..
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nwaotu10(m): 8:23am On Sep 16, 2019
I've messed up my life.
I had sex with a Ghanian girl residing in my neighborhood. Precisely 3 weeks after the sex, I was symptomatic; flu, sorethroat, severe stooling that lasted for a day, rashes on my neck. Whitish tongue.

I've been so scared to go for test! This is 7week now.

** My friend had sex with the same girl, and he's not symptomatic!
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by desoul2004(m): 8:28am On Sep 16, 2019
Nwaotu10:
I've messed up my life.
I had sex with a Ghanian girl residing in my neighborhood. Precisely 3 weeks after the sex, I was symptomatic; flu, sorethroat, severe stooling that lasted for a day, rashes on my neck. Whitish tongue.

I've been so scared to go for test! This is 7week now.

** My friend had sex with the same girl, and he's not symptomatic!

Did you do it without condom?
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nwaotu10(m): 8:36am On Sep 16, 2019
desoul2004:

Did you do it without condom?
. Yes. Raw and rough!
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by desoul2004(m): 9:02am On Sep 16, 2019
Nwaotu10:
. Yes. Raw and rough!

Men doesn't get infected so easily, unless you've wounds in your dick. That's why you'll always see a positive pregnant woman but the man remains negative, even when both of them are not aware of their status.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by VictorBlake2000(m): 9:07am On Sep 16, 2019
Ronaldo24682:
So I had to do another test at week 6. This was when the test picked up the virus. I will try to educate people here with the little i learnt, maybe it will help for those who wants to learn.
We have two different types of hiv test kits. One test for both antigen and anti bodies this one picks the virus as early as two weeks, and results comes out withing days to a week, with a window period of a month(meaning by a month and your result shows negative then you are free). The other checks for anti bodies alone and this one picks the virus withing a month for few people, mind you for few people and most people at three months as that is when the body might have produced enough antibodies for it to be detected. And the latter is what we use here in Nigeria, where finger is pricked or blood drawn and the result comes out within 15-20minutes.
The bad thing here is we are not well informed about the window period and seroconversion( period when one is turning from negative to positive and takes as long as 3 months in most people and 6 months in some, meaning your result might show negative yet you are positive) and all that, I advise you google this, due to this lack of information people go about thinking they are negative and go about infecting others, until the sickness has progressed to a later stage where they start falling sick.
My piece of advice is ensure you use condom( and pray not to be unlucky like me, the girl who gave me has no idea she’s infected ) if condom breaks there’s what they call PREP, it’s a medication used within 72 hours after exposure to prevent you from catching the virus if your partner is positive.
please is my mouth whitish does it mean am having HIV or is just a normal reaction and also my left chick and my ear � are swollen it as been 4days now am scared of it hope it's not an HIV ..
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nwaotu10(m): 9:48am On Sep 16, 2019
desoul2004:

Men doesn't get infected so easily, unless you've wounds in your dick. That's why you'll always see a positive pregnant woman but the man remains negative, even when both of them are not aware of their status.

What would you say about my symptoms? They're there, so lucid.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by desoul2004(m): 10:53am On Sep 16, 2019
Nwaotu10:

What would you say about my symptoms? They're there, so lucid.

Once your immune system is down you're bound to have those symptoms. It must not be caused by HIV+.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 16, 2019
Skripture:

Bro i tire o
How was it bro.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Skripture: 12:28am On Sep 17, 2019
No be to go dey price coffin down and just write my tribute by myself?
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nobody: 3:07am On Sep 17, 2019
Skripture:
No be to go dey price coffin down and just write my tribute by myself?
i am guessing you have not gone yet. Just do it and zero your mind. Something must kill a man. At this point to be sincere I am wishing it’s hiv. At least I know what’s causing my sickness and I start medication than this one. If you see my back and arms now you will pity for me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (32) (Reply)

How Chinese Prevent Themselves And Their Pets From Catching Coronavirus(Pis) / 5-year-old Australian Girl Grew Breasts At 2 And Started Her Period At 4 / Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.