Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,103 members, 7,814,874 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Why Are Ladies Scared Of Dating Single Fathers? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Ladies Scared Of Dating Single Fathers? (24699 Views)

Why Are Naija Ladies Scared Of Posting Their Relationship/partner'pics / My Experiece Dating Single Moms / Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Ladies Scared Of Dating Single Fathers? by pocohantas(f): 4:49pm On Aug 18, 2019
MobilityExpress:
This is the most hypocritical question ever on Nairaland. Nigerian girls will date anybody that has money, or big abula, or both. And most Nigerian girls don't have much to offer besides sex, so they come to the dating negotiating table as handicaps and beggars. If Nigerian girls can date criminals, thieves, ritualists, armed robbers, cultists, yahoo boys etc, then why won't they date a single father? grin Nigerian girls that date married men, mtshewwwww, na single fathers go come hard dem to date grin? You guys commenting here should continue deceiving yourselves. Go on social media, see Nigerian girls shouting "zaddy" with pride, some dey even date their ancestors, like Regina Daniels grin.

Oga please just shut up.

Every time, Nigerian girls will date anything. How many percentage of Nigerian men are Wizkid and Ned?

Even the Wizkid, didn't Tania leave him to move on with her life? Why did you conveniently leave that out.

The so called yahoo boys, is it every girl they ask out that dates them? Who are dating all the good (broke) men in Nigeria? Malians?

Please, choose another day to be shallow.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Ladies Scared Of Dating Single Fathers? by Boss13: 4:50pm On Aug 18, 2019
Women are only scared of a single father who cannot provide. A single father with financial resources has none of the issues being flimsy commented here. I also think this topic is grossly ignorant because Nigeria allows polygamy and we see many men picking up more younger wives especially when they have the financial means.
Re: Why Are Ladies Scared Of Dating Single Fathers? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 18, 2019
placeofallure:

I was once in a relationship with one. To me it doesn't mean anything. He was separated from the wife before we met. He'd moved on. He was serious about remarrying and he was already showing me sensitive documents. He's comfortable at the least. I don't know, maybe the wife was still hoping they'd get back together or something and you know the way info flies around. I think she got wind of the affair between me and the husband. So she called me on phone (dunno how she got my number) and introduced herself. She asked if I am the new wife. Wife? I haven't even decided yet! She told me she's still in the marriage.

As expected I told him and he was livid with anger. He asked her to call me again and apologise or no child support from him anymore. Few days later she called and apologized, she passed the phone to some random women on the phone, they were all pleading. Only God knows the magnitude of threat she got that got them all jittery.
I feel if a fellow woman can be made to swallow the humble pie from her rival like this....Damn! I also feel for their 2 kids. She doesn't sound like she could care for them on her own. So I left him. Yes! I left him. I don't want to be involved in their drama. Even if he won't make up with her, it shouldn't be because of me.

sounds to me like she is not ready to let go. how would the story have sounded if it was baby daddy/ex husband calling the new suitor? it sounds like stalking. those are the ones who will constantly be going through phone etc.
Re: Why Are Ladies Scared Of Dating Single Fathers? by weyreypey: 4:53pm On Aug 18, 2019
Ebios:
Yes oh....l am in that category. lam even tired of talking to ladies now
Find Victorian
Re: Why Are Ladies Scared Of Dating Single Fathers? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 4:53pm On Aug 18, 2019
Isn't it funny how ladies don't want to settle down with single fathers but are against men for not marrying single mothers.Chai.This should be an eye opener for all those guys that were supporting them on the other thread. My own is that single father's should marry single mothers,chikina.@ugosample come see o.
Re: Why Are Ladies Scared Of Dating Single Fathers? by oyatz(m): 4:55pm On Aug 18, 2019
The question is WRONG.

It should have been;

Why are Ladies scared of dating BROKE Single fathers.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Ladies Scared Of Dating Single Fathers? by WorWorBoy: 4:56pm On Aug 18, 2019
pocohantas:

Oga please just shut up.

Every time, Nigerian girls will date anything. How many percentage of Nigerian men are Wizkid and Ned?

Even the Wizkid, didn't Tania leave him to move on with her life? Why did you conveniently leave that out.

The so called yahoo boys, is it every girl they ask out that dates them? Who are dating all the good men in Nigeria? Malians?

Nigerian men fck and impregnate mad women, do you also fck mad women?

Please, choose another day to be shallow.
Cameroon girls, Cotonu girls, and ivory coast girls.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Ladies Scared Of Dating Single Fathers? by Korllami007: 4:57pm On Aug 18, 2019
oyatz:
The question is WRONG.

It should have been;

Why are Ladies scared of dating BROKE Single fathers.

I swear. You know get money that's they don't want to date you.
Re: Why Are Ladies Scared Of Dating Single Fathers? by MobilityExpress: 4:57pm On Aug 18, 2019
Korllami007:

So, we're many that see the hypocrisy. I want to ask you, na alien date wizkid, David, patoranking and so on. After like 3 or 2 baby mamas, chioma still wan die dia. Wizkid nkor? Despite the fact that they are calling wizkid deadbeat dad, girls still de die for him even if it's a drop of wizkid sperm, make e enter their womb grin. I can't even remember the number of baby mama wey 2face get before he finally married. If 2face no finally marry, federal government go don create state for him, his baby mamas, and his children.

When I saw the post I was like, "Which planet is Op from? Abi na me change planet wey I know ni." grin

The think weak me. grin grin

grin, as in eh, don't mind all these ones deceiving themselves. If Davido release another baby mama form, many of these hypocrites shouting I can't date a single father will rush to pick up form and be praying he carries them. Ubi Franklin nkor, dem still dey rush am, Funke Akindele no be single father she marry? What of their almighty Linda Ikeji grin? Nigerian girls will date anybody, so long has they have something to gain. All the wicked criminals in this country, are they single, don't they have girlfriends? Mtshewwwww. Hyprocrites, they will be forming on social media but in real life, they are cheap as anything. They say one thing but do the opposite. Go social media and see how Nigerian girls display nudity every single day, posting almost naked pix of themselves, go IG dem full there, or Snapchat it's even worse. See them.bragging about dating other women's husbands or snatching boyfriends. See dem flexing and displaying pix of dem dating criminals, cultists and fraudsters. Na single father go come hard dem? grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Ladies Scared Of Dating Single Fathers? by Ryan03(f): 4:57pm On Aug 18, 2019
KingRabota:
This thread has been a BIG time eye opener. Now I know why I'm constantly getting the rejection flag.
It's going to be a VERY :olonely road for me to walk on
not true, it will help you meet someone who will love you and your child. we are in same shoes

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies Scared Of Dating Single Fathers? by swagguElite(m): 4:59pm On Aug 18, 2019
MobilityExpress:
This is the most hypocritical question ever on Nairaland. Nigerian girls will date anybody that has money, or big abula, or both. And most Nigerian girls don't have much to offer besides sex, so they come to the dating negotiating table as handicaps and beggars. If Nigerian girls can date criminals, thieves, ritualists, armed robbers, cultists, yahoo boys etc, then why won't they date a single father? grin Nigerian girls that date married men, mtshewwwww, na single fathers go come hard dem to date grin? You guys commenting here should continue deceiving yourselves. Go on social media, see Nigerian girls shouting "zaddy" with pride, some dey even date their ancestors, like Regina Daniels grin.

Lmao. Preach brother, let 'em know.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies Scared Of Dating Single Fathers? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 18, 2019
pocohantas:

Lmao. Onye ara grin
Honestly, that's the bitter truth. I see guys trying to sweep the truth under the carpet by using the other women excuse but the fact remains only an irresponsible one with a relatively low IQ will impregnate a woman he's not married to, or has no plan of taking to the altar.
Two, only an inhuman being will separate a mother and a child ( in cases where the father has the custody of the child) most times in this situation family is involved.

Believe me if I meet a single dad, I will be more curious to know about his characters, personality and way of life than his baby mama.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Ladies Scared Of Dating Single Fathers? by pocohantas(f): 5:00pm On Aug 18, 2019
WorWorBoy:
Cameroon girls, Cotonu girls, and ivory coast girls.

Lol, the generalisation is always stupid and shallow. Except of course he is implying that the greater percentage of Nigerian men are fraudsters. Which is as false as the stereotype of them being rich and wanted.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Ladies Scared Of Dating Single Fathers? by Bgorgeous: 5:06pm On Aug 18, 2019
The same reason single guys are afraid of dating single mothers
Re: Why Are Ladies Scared Of Dating Single Fathers? by ubunja(m): 5:07pm On Aug 18, 2019
Ryan03:
you should know ubunja is a misogynist, I read his miseducations cause it opened my eyes to alot of things , he is intelligent to an extent but I dislike his misogynist attitude. it's a free world, filter everything and choose what you want
Re: Why Are Ladies Scared Of Dating Single Fathers? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 18, 2019
Iphran6:

What of single daddies who was denied the hand of the lady In marriage due to marital or religious differences?
Why get a lady you aren't married to pregnant in the first place. You see chastity should be encouraged for both genders. Whatever happens to doing the right thing first before doing the do?

That's irresponsibility!

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Ladies Scared Of Dating Single Fathers? by iscom(m): 5:07pm On Aug 18, 2019
Not really true when thousands of women begging Davido wizkid, tubaba, Messi even buhari etc are they not fathers?
Re: Why Are Ladies Scared Of Dating Single Fathers? by Ryan03(f): 5:08pm On Aug 18, 2019
[quote author=ubunja post=81370277][/quote]lol
Re: Why Are Ladies Scared Of Dating Single Fathers? by frankkydee(m): 5:09pm On Aug 18, 2019
skukimania:

If he possesses all those attributes, I doubt his baby mum will leave him in the first place.

So, you are directly or indirectly saying women can't/ don't leave such men who possesses all the aforementioned attributes?
Re: Why Are Ladies Scared Of Dating Single Fathers? by Whispereye: 5:09pm On Aug 18, 2019
It all depends on the girl. If you are a single father, then you most likely want a serious relationship. Not all girls are ready for a serious relationship. Girls want to be given a lot of attention, but because of the child, you will pay less attention to her.
Some girls are afraid that they will not be able to get along with your child and do not want to take on such responsibility.
Re: Why Are Ladies Scared Of Dating Single Fathers? by Bizibi(m): 5:09pm On Aug 18, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Well.....I would only chose him as the very last option after I have searched everywhere, then I can manage him.
manage ke
Re: Why Are Ladies Scared Of Dating Single Fathers? by Meliian(f): 5:11pm On Aug 18, 2019
uboma:

Me thinks that the ladies fear that the man's attention/love will be divided.

Again, societal views about her marrying a single father may the reason.

There could be several other reasons. Let's wait to hear what the ladies here have to say

Op, take note. The points highlighted above is the one singular reason I wouldn't consider a single father unless he's proven beyond all reason that he loves me. I'm not scared of any woman.
Re: Why Are Ladies Scared Of Dating Single Fathers? by jumiasalesguy3: 5:13pm On Aug 18, 2019
It's an individual decision.
The fact remains the lady's kids will be second class citizen in the family and most women wouldn't like that.
How will she suffer with you and another child will be the heir especially if it's a male child
Re: Why Are Ladies Scared Of Dating Single Fathers? by NobleAky(m): 5:13pm On Aug 18, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Who wants problems? I can't date or marry a single father. I would rather marry a not-so-rich- man, than marry a single dad.
time and will help rephrase this comment
Re: Why Are Ladies Scared Of Dating Single Fathers? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 18, 2019
Funny topic grin

Single Fathers should roll with single mum..

Leave young ladies alone for us oo cool
Re: Why Are Ladies Scared Of Dating Single Fathers? by pocohantas(f): 5:16pm On Aug 18, 2019
MariaLavina:
Honestly, that's the bitter truth. I see guys trying to sweep the truth under the carpet by using the other women excuse but the fact remains only an irresponsible one with a relatively low IQ will impregnate a woman he's not married to, or has no plan of taking to the altar.
Two, only an inhuman being will separate a mother and a child ( in cases where the father has the custody of the child) most times in this situation family is involved.

Believe me if I meet a single dad, I will be more curious to know about his characters, personality and way of life than his baby mama.

Tbh, if it is a one time thing, I will ask questions and if satisfied, would most likely dismiss it as one of those mistakes.

But if he has two kids from one woman and they are not twins, I will be very concerned as to what prompted a repeat journey. I will consider that gross (deliberate) carelessness irrespective of gender. Except if they were married.

Last last, it is really not something I am averse to. My decisions would depend on the dynamics of his single-daddyhood, not the fact that he is one.

What if he does a better job raising the child and mother is allowed visiting rights? I don't think a mother must always have custody.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Ladies Scared Of Dating Single Fathers? by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 5:20pm On Aug 18, 2019
weyreypey:
Once they know that you are a single dad most ladies turn off....why?
Be deceiving yourself there...
yeye
Re: Why Are Ladies Scared Of Dating Single Fathers? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 18, 2019
pocohantas:

Tbh, if it is a one time thing, I will ask questions and if satisfied, would most likely dismiss it as one of those mistakes.

But if he has two kids from one woman and they are not twins, I will be very concerned as to what prompted a repeat journey. I will consider that gross (deliberate) carelessness irrespective of gender. Except if they were married.

Last last, it is really not something I am averse to. My decisions would depend on the dynamics of his single-daddyhood, not the fact that he is one.

What if he does a better job raising the child and mother is allowed visiting rights? I don't think a mother must always have custody.
For me it's a no no. The only way I can be with one is if the baby mama is no more, even at that I must know the cause of her death.grin grin make I no go jam woman beater grin . Honestly I will do lots of findings about him ooo I no fit enter one chance abeg.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies Scared Of Dating Single Fathers? by ogawisdom(m): 5:23pm On Aug 18, 2019
weyreypey:
Once they know that you are a single dad most ladies turn off....why?

It's a lie except u are a broke a.ss too

Davido is a single father too
Re: Why Are Ladies Scared Of Dating Single Fathers? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 18, 2019
placeofallure:

I was once in a relationship with one. To me it doesn't mean anything. He was separated from the wife before we met. He'd moved on. He was serious about remarrying and he was already showing me sensitive documents. He's comfortable at the least. I don't know, maybe the wife was still hoping they'd get back together or something and you know the way info flies around. I think she got wind of the affair between me and the husband. So she called me on phone (dunno how she got my number) and introduced herself. She asked if I am the new wife. Wife? I haven't even decided yet! She told me she's still in the marriage.

As expected I told him and he was livid with anger. He asked her to call me again and apologise or no child support from him anymore. Few days later she called and apologized, she passed the phone to some random women on the phone, they were all pleading. Only God knows the magnitude of threat she got that got them all jittery.
I feel if a fellow woman can be made to swallow the humble pie from her rival like this....Damn! I also feel for their 2 kids. She doesn't sound like she could care for them on her own. So I left him. Yes! I left him. I don't want to be involved in their drama. Even if he won't make up with her, it shouldn't be because of me.
You have a good heart...

Some ladies will see it as conquering a new family... As long as the guy is loaded!!
Re: Why Are Ladies Scared Of Dating Single Fathers? by BuddhaPalm(m): 5:28pm On Aug 18, 2019
Honestly, because you don't have money...

If you have money, you could be a single grandfather or great-great-grandfather, and they'll be lined out the door...

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies Scared Of Dating Single Fathers? by pocohantas(f): 5:30pm On Aug 18, 2019
MariaLavina:
For me it's a no no. The only way I can be with one is if the baby mama is no more, even at that I must know the cause of her death.grin grin make I no go jam woman beater grin . Honestly I will do lots of findings about him ooo I no fit enter one chance abeg.

Hahahahahaha cheesy
You be case. Dey go biko

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Engagement: How Do I Ask Her Of Her Ring Size??? / Women Cannot Go Back Materialistically. / 5 Characters Of Warri Guys In Romantic Affairs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.