Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,555 members, 7,770,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:36 AM

For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance (31486 Views)

As Fate Would Have It (OFFICE ROMANCE) / JUST RELEASED: The Perfect Blend Of Corporate Intrigue And Sexy, Office Romance. / Office Romance Gone Wrong Part 1… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 27, 2019
no no no this is too short thanks for the update
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by do4luv14(m): 7:48pm On Aug 27, 2019
Healthteacher,,,

healthteacher,,,,,

heakthteacherrrrrrrrr,,,,,,,,,

how many times ah call you so,,,,,,,,,
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by HealthTeacher(f): 8:27pm On Aug 27, 2019
cheesy :DI
do4luv14:
Healthteacher,,,

healthteacher,,,,,

heakthteacherrrrrrrrr,,,,,,,,,

how many times ah call you so,,,,,,,,,
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by HealthTeacher(f): 8:28pm On Aug 27, 2019
It's not short o ��

Shola2019:
no no no this is too short thanks for the update
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by HealthTeacher(f): 7:04pm On Aug 28, 2019
Episode 8

Ladi understood me better than anyone else. It felt good that Deji was becoming attracted to me but the reason I was doing it made me feel differently. Ladi is right. I am not a bad person. I said to myself trying to feel better.
“Go and have your bath quickly. It takes at least two hours to finish up the kind of makeup that will steal the heart of the CEO of Lancast Media. Are you ready?”
“Absolutely. Did you say two hours? I asked laughing as she pushed me into the bathroom.

Afterwards, she started the makeup and I watched carefully. As time went on, I could see myself transform and I was simply in awe. I couldn't believe the person in the mirror was me. I went ahead to wear my dress and shoes as Ladi tried to apply finishing touches on my face . While we were at it, I heard my phone beep from a text message that had just dropped.
It was Deji saying he was waiting patiently at the restaurant and that he couldn't wait to see me.
I became really nervous. “Ladi it is okay. He’s waiting already.” I said as I gently pushed her hands away from my face.

“Come here. I am not done. Relax."
“What else Ladi? I'm serious, I need to go.”
“Okay.” She replied in a disappointed tone. You are the lady and that means it’s okay for him to wait.
“I am grateful Ladi.” I said holding her hands. “I appreciate all you have done. I can barely recognise myself in the mirror. You are an amazing friend. I appreciate everything. Honestly, I can’t thank you enough but I have to leave now. Thank you again Ladi.”
“See you soon baby.” She said smiling.
I grabbed my purse, took one last glance in the mirror and rushed to the car.

I arrived at the restaurant in about 15 minutes. There was a little traffic, less than what I envisioned. Lagos was becoming better I smiled as I alighted from the car and walked into the fancy open air restaurant.
One step in and I caught his eyes. They were so charming, I couldn’t have missed it for anything.
"Over here Cleo,” he waved.
I walked gently in my new heels taking it one step at a time so as not to miss a step.The last time I wore one before that day was at my aunt’s wedding two years ago and before then it was prom night in secondary school, just before graduation. He stood up and pulled out a chair for me to sit. “What a gentleman.” I teased.
“There's no man on the planet more gentle than I am.” He replied confidently.

“Cleo you are beautiful. How come I never noticed the first day I saw you? I guess I was more interested in seeing the brain behind the brilliant copies that makes us good money.”
“Thanks for the kind words Mr Deji. I appreciate. '' If only he knew the reason for my new sense of style. Poor guy! Anyways, I was enjoying this new version of myself.

“So, are you single, dating or engaged?”
Oh my! Did he just ask about my relationship status? This may just be way easier than I ever imagined.
“No I am not.” I replied.
“Ären’t you going to ask about mine?”
“No it’s fine.”
“Why?” He asked sitting up.
Confused on what to say and at the same time thinking of the best answer I could give so I don’t send a wrong message, I answered; “I don’t think I want to know.”
“I think I like you,” were his next words.
Continues in the next episode tomorrow

If you've enjoyed this story so far, kindly like, share, drop a comment and invite a friend to read.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 28, 2019
healthteacher come here,what is this? this update is not enough oh
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by succana: 8:08pm On Aug 28, 2019
Shola2019:
health come here,what is this? this update is not enough oh
I'm with you. Barely fed my appetite
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by HealthTeacher(f): 7:06pm On Aug 29, 2019
Episode 9

He smiled at me for a minute and then went on to order drinks. He ordered a tequila and I, a Margarita. We kept talking and the conversation got more interesting with more drinks.I laughed uncontrollably. One would think he was a very interesting young man. While I was on the third glass, my eyes gradually began to close and I heard him say, “that's enough Cleo. I should take you home.”
“No I am fine.” I replied as I stood up to join the group salsa beckoning him to join me. We danced all night until I couldn’t remember a thing.

“My head hurts. What’s the time?” I whispered as I tried to reach the alarm clock by my bedside with my eyes closed. I’ve had that alarm clock for as long as I could remember. I picked it up without having to open my eyes every morning as it rang. I tried to reach it for about 15 seconds with no luck when I opened my eyes and realised it wasn’t my bed. The room was five times the size of mine. The edges of the drapes were so beautiful, I had to look all the way to the top which was almost 20 feet. I looked at the headboard of the bed and saw it was golden. I closed my eyes and ran my fingers through smiling. I thought I was in a dream until I heard a masculine voice say, “Ït’s 10am Cleo. You are late for work.”

“What!” I jumped.
“Relax. Cleo it’s me. You got tipsy and couldn't give me the right directions to your house. So I decided to bring you home.
“You did what?” I asked as I consciously looked through the room which was more like a presidential suite of a seven-star hotel. “This is your house? Is your father is in this house?” I asked hoping to get a no.
“No, my dad isn’t here. This is my house. Cleo we had so much fun last night.”
As he spoke, I felt my body bare and when I looked under the duvet, I saw I had no clothes on.
“Deji” I screamed.
“You came in really drunk and threw up. So, I decided to ...
“Take advantage of me?” I asked in tears not wanting to hear the remaining part of the story. I got up, wrapped the duvet around my body and was looking for my dress when he pointed to it.
It was all soaked and smelling.

“You can have this.” He said giving me a black dress.
It was a nice dress, my perfect size. So, does he just keep dresses for any girl who comes in drunk I thought and just as if he heard me, he replied; “It’s for my sister, Dara. She's not in the country, so, you don't have to bother about getting caught.”

I called Ladi as soon as I got into the car, telling her of the situation and asking for advice on what to do next and she advised that I get an emergency birth control at the closest pharmacy. I was driving very slowly trying to locate a pharmacy. I kept praying for forgiveness. How could I have been so careless? I located a pharmacy after about 20 minutes and walked right in.
Continues tomorrow in the next episode

Like, drop a comment, share or invite a friend to read

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by do4luv14(m): 7:55pm On Aug 29, 2019
Come healthteacher you dey find my trouble kwa?
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by succana: 8:04pm On Aug 29, 2019
Op why na? You promised to make the episodes lengthy na. anyways thumps up for you.
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by izaray(f): 8:51pm On Aug 29, 2019
Ann2012
Treasure17 you guys should coman read
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by HealthTeacher(f): 9:43pm On Aug 29, 2019
No vex biko. The story is meant to run for a period. Currently I'm sharing more than 1 episode. Pls bear with me. Tomorrow will be soon be here lol
do4luv14:
Come healthteacher you dey find my trouble kwa?
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by HealthTeacher(f): 9:44pm On Aug 29, 2019
Thanks for inviting you friends
izaray:
Ann2012
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by HealthTeacher(f): 9:45pm On Aug 29, 2019
It is na. Check it very well. I'll work on longer episodes for the next. This has been broken down to run for a period plus tomorrow will soon be here Lol...

succana:
Op why na? You promised to make the episodes lengthy na. anyways thumps up for you.
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by Treasure17(m): 11:06pm On Aug 29, 2019
izaray:
Ann2012 Treasure17 you guys should coman read
Thanks for the invite... Let me preview first.

1 Like

Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by Ann2012(f): 7:48am On Aug 30, 2019
izaray:
Ann2012

Thanks for the invite Sis

1 Like

Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by FantasticJ: 10:56am On Aug 30, 2019
Ann2012:

Thanks for the invite Sis

Ann dear.
It's been a while. How have you been.
I am back for you.

You didn't ask of me, not cool.

1 Like

Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by Treasure17(m): 11:28am On Aug 30, 2019
Interesting. Too bad of Deji. Well done HealthTeacher.
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 30, 2019
Treasure17 where have you been?
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by Treasure17(m): 11:52am On Aug 30, 2019
Shola2019:
Treasure17 where have you been?
Have been around sis. Thanks. How are you doing?
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 30, 2019
fine fine fine
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by Ann2012(f): 3:03pm On Aug 30, 2019
FantasticJ:

Ann dear.
It's been a while. How have you been.
I am back for you.

You didn't ask of me, not cool.

Ohhh my boo is back, I actually asked of you in a post last week. Hope you're good?
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by izaray(f): 3:12pm On Aug 30, 2019
HealthTeacher give us update na shocked
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 30, 2019
izaray:
izaray oliver twist
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by izaray(f): 4:47pm On Aug 30, 2019
Shola2019:
izaray oliver twist
How is u wink
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 30, 2019
fine fine fine
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by do4luv14(m): 6:23pm On Aug 30, 2019
Treasure17:
Interesting. Too bad of Deji. Well done HealthTeacher.

bad of what?

Shey you no read say Cleo vomit for all her bodi ni?

Abi as you want make she take sleep?

Bros dey look wella ooooo
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by do4luv14(m): 6:27pm On Aug 30, 2019
izaray:

chill nah
update go show around after 7 tonight ,
nah teacher timeline be dat
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by izaray(f): 6:34pm On Aug 30, 2019
do4luv14:

chill nah
update go show around after 7 tonight ,
nah teacher timeline be dat
Thanks dear, make I write d time down as my own reminder wink
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by HealthTeacher(f): 7:36pm On Aug 30, 2019
Episode 10

To the left and right were two couples. Behind me was a woman about my mother’s age. I could feel her eyes on my body. In front of me was a girl who looked really sick. She had come to purchase Malaria drugs. In a short while, I heard the pharmacist call. “Madam, it’s your turn.” “Me” I asked trying to act oblivious.
“You know what, attend to them. I am not in a hurry." I said pointing to the couple.

The first couple requested a pregnancy test kit and the other ordered prenatal vitamins. As I watched them, my reason for being there began to feel very wrong. I wasn’t sure I could order the pill. While I was still smiling pretending my reason for letting them go ahead of me was me simply being courteous, I got a call from the office that the chairman had been waiting to see me for close to two hours. What a perfect time! I got out of the pharmacy quickly, and drove straight to the office.

I got to the office in a rush and very disorganised to say the least.
“Hi Cleo, where have you been? The chairman has been waiting.” They all said taking turns. Getting to answer the question would have been wasting extra time I couldn’t afford at the time. I dropped my laptop quickly and was rushing to the chairman’s office when I met him in the hallway.

“Hi Cleo. Good Morning. I had been waiting for you all day. Where have you been?”
“Ërmmm…”
“You look good. I think my daughter has the same dress you have on. I bought it for her on my last trip to the US.” I was short of words. I had no idea what to say next.

“I am so sorry sir. I was trying to …”
“Oh it's okay. I know you never come in late. Are you sure everything is okay?”
Flattered by his response, I was quiet for a while after which I replied, “everything is fine sir.”
“Are you sure?” He asked again. “You could go home if you want. Our meeting can wait till tomorrow.”
“It’s okay sir. I'll be fine.”
“Okay if you say so. So, we just signed this new client . It is a big one.” He smiled as he handed me the file.
“They happened to see some of the online ad campaigns we ran earlier and they were really impressed. Thanks to you.” He said as he gave me a pat on the shoulder.

“If you and my son can continue to do what you both know how to do best, we will be on a retainer for the next five years smiling to the bank every other day. Not just a retainer, a retainer worth hundreds of millions.” He whispered and laughed afterwards expecting me to join him.
When I didn't smile or laugh he asked again, “did you hear me?”
“Yes I did sir. I was just…”
“So, why do you not look happy?”

If only he knew what his son and I had been up to, he would have chosen a better phrase to express his confidence in the both of us. Indeed we both knew how to do what we do know how to do best.

Continues in the net episode on Monday.

Don't forget to drop a comment, like, share or invite a friend.

Have a lovely weekend smiley

1 Like

Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 30, 2019
bia healthteacher you are looking for trouble oh
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by HealthTeacher(f): 7:52pm On Aug 30, 2019
Which trobule again hehehe. It's part of enjoying the series na.
Shola2019:
bia healthteacher you are looking for trouble oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Last Star. / How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria / Ade Son Of Thunder( A Tale About Love, Destiny And Betrayal)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.