Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,477 members, 7,770,168 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:29 AM

For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance (31479 Views)

As Fate Would Have It (OFFICE ROMANCE) / JUST RELEASED: The Perfect Blend Of Corporate Intrigue And Sexy, Office Romance. / Office Romance Gone Wrong Part 1… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by HealthTeacher(f): 6:50pm On Sep 25, 2019
You are welcome
Treasure17:
Thanks for the update
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by HealthTeacher(f): 6:50pm On Sep 25, 2019
Thank you.
aprilwise:
Interesting story . thanks for the update
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by HealthTeacher(f): 6:54pm On Sep 25, 2019
Episode 28

Cleo are you okay?” Rico asked, scared that I may ave burnt my skin. The truth was I didn't feel a thing. It felt like I couldn't feel my body anymore. I was confused to say the least. I never imagined I would ever be in such a situation. I watched him as he rushed to get one of towels hanging in the bathroom.

"Cleo, you shouldn't feel this way. Do you want to have a change of cloth? Twice in one day I'll have a guy want to take off my clothes. It definitely wasn't happening. I thought.
"I could go out if you want." He said as he stood up to leave.
"No it’s fine." I replied as I held his hands preventing him from leaving.
"You really need to change your clothes. I could look away. " He smiled. "You can trust me."
I agreed, asking to go into the bathroom while I changed my top. When I looked in his eyes, I knew I could trust him. I quickly changed my top after which I opened the door for him to come out.
"Now you know you can trust me." He said as he sat beside me and held my hands.
"What exactly do you want from me Rico? You have been really nice. I mean with the clothes, hair, makeup. Tell me.” I said turning in his direction.

"Cleo. I just want you to be happy. I just want to be your friend. I'll be living in a fantasy land if I thought you will want to be with me. I know I'm not the kind of guy you would want. I'm not Nigerian. I'm in my late 40's, pretty old for you judging from seeing Deji of course." He laughed expecting me to join him. "Okay. I'm sorry but what I mean is I know you don't like me as much as I do but it's okay. I'll be happy to be your friend. You've got talent that will keep me attracted so you don't have to worry. However, I could still take you to the sexual health clinic if you want. I know you like him. I've seen that from the way you looked at him. I also know you need to be safe. So it's up to you." He said raising his eyebrows expecting a response.

"I see you don't have an answer for me." He said as he looked around to pick up his phone which was ringing. After he hung up, he looked at me and said "Diana will be here soon. I should leave. I can't wait to see at the dinner party. See you later." He said as he pecked me on the cheek and took his leave. I slipped into the sheets thinking of the present situation I was in. I just realised I liked Rico too. He thought he was too old for me but I never thought of it that way. He looked like he was in his mid-thirties. I had no idea he was actually in his late 40s. I was only 28 years old. I definitely had to agree with him on that but how come he gave up on me so easily. He seemed a bit easier to understand than Deji. He was cute and quite calm. If there was anything to discourage me, it would be the fact that he isn't Nigerian before the age difference.

Continued in the next episode tomorrow

You can get the complete e-book online here https://paystack.com/pay/u7ltid6ol4

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by Ann2012(f): 9:05pm On Sep 25, 2019
Rico is a nice man
Thanks for the update
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by Treasure17(m): 11:43pm On Sep 25, 2019
Just follow your heart and go for the right one Cleo.
Thanks for the update
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by xenarh(f): 10:52am On Sep 26, 2019
tnx
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by Emex100(m): 11:30am On Sep 26, 2019
Ann2012:
Rico is a nice man
Thanks for the update
Nne men are nice at first til they have a taste of the "ponmo" then u know if they are nice or not
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by Ann2012(f): 11:59am On Sep 26, 2019
Emex100:

Nne men are nice at first til they have a taste of the "ponmo" then u know if they are nice or not
Ehn ehn
Tell me something shocked
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by Emex100(m): 12:05pm On Sep 26, 2019
Ann2012:

Ehn ehn
Tell me something shocked
I just told you the truth. Every human being are expectant of something for something

Good afternoon bae

1 Like

Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by Ann2012(f): 12:18pm On Sep 26, 2019
Emex100:

I just told you the truth. Every human being are expectant of something for something

Good afternoon bae

Good afternoon dear

1 Like

Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by iamgprince: 1:06pm On Sep 26, 2019
thanks for the update
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by HealthTeacher(f): 7:32pm On Sep 26, 2019
Episode 29

Diana came in at exactly 6pm like she said. She had me looking as pretty as a doll. The last time I had the same feeling was on my first date with Deji, courtesy of Ladi. I could remember how excited I was to finally go on a date with Deji Castle.
I admired myself one last time in the mirror and thanked Diana for her time and expertise as she left. I picked up my purse, slipped my foot into my shoes as I headed to the door.
I didn't want to go alone but I didn’t have a date either. I summoned courage as I looked at the reflection of my very beautiful dress in the mirror and I wondered what reason I had not to show off. I was alone at the party literally. However, I had the company of Sandra occasionally amidst her intense networking. I thought it was time to also brush up my networking skills as I watched her closely and applied the same approach. The same night I added close to 15 new contacts for business. Maybe I needed to be alone after all. What a day!

The last two weeks happened to be the most interesting two weeks of my life. Apart from the fact that it was my first trip outside Nigeria, meeting Rico, the drama with Deji and Rico turned out to be eye-opening. A few months ago, I would never have imagined all of that would ever happen, not to talk about having me at the center of it. I left for Nigeria in the evening of the next day after the party, deciding to postpone the one week holiday trip. Two weeks seemed like a very long time to be away from home, especially leaving my mum to the care of a nurse whom I barely knew.

I was at the arrival terminal by 1pm on this very sunny day. As soon as I stepped out, I could feel the hassle and bussle of Lagos immediately. Taxi drivers stationed at strategic locations all wanting to get your attention at the same time. The noise from cars honking continuously with a very long line of traffic that had already built miles away. The scenario brought back memories and I realised I was out of my bubble already. Holiday was over and it was time to get back in the game. I took a quick look at my phone hoping it was done after I replaced my sim card. As soon as it came on, I tried calling the company driver but the network was really terrible. Not long after as I stood there in the sun thinking if I should go back into the airport to have a seat, my phone rang. It was the driver. “Madam abeg no vex. I carry Ranti and Ogar go one meeting for Victoria Island. If you fit wait small. I go reach there in two hours.”
I asked him not to bother because I was too tired to wait for another two hours. Besides, the oga was Deji. It would be too awkward for all of us and I didn’t need any of that. I thought my best option was to get a cab and so I started heading out of the waiting area. I was just about to beckon on a taxi driver when I saw Deji looking around while making a phone call.

“Are you crazy or something? You said you were going to be here. Are you even saying the truth?” I heard him say before tapping his shoulders from behind to say “I am here, Deji. Take it easy. Is that Mr Sunday, the driver you were speaking with? He said he had to take Ranti and ogar for a meeting. I really thought the ogar was you.”
“Oh yeah.” He answered trying to shove away his phone quickly.
I was a bit confused as a result of his sudden uneasiness and so I asked “weren't you expecting me or are you here to pick someone else?”
“Of course not.” He replied, holding my hands before quickly reaching for my bags and suitcase. “Can I help you with this please?”
“Of course.” I replied, still trying to understand why he was acting so weird.

Continues in the next episode tomorrow

E-copies of the book available online here https://paystack.com/pay/u7ltid6ol4. Get yours wink

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by izaray(f): 8:57pm On Sep 26, 2019
Well done
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by Mapelblacq(m): 10:20pm On Sep 26, 2019
OP because of this your story my boss shouted at me for reading from my phone always, if u dnt want trouble abeg update immediately oooh. me i no fit wait to see where dis story dey carry me go
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by Treasure17(m): 10:14am On Sep 27, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by Nwiboko26(f): 5:24pm On Sep 27, 2019
Wow.I finally got here.well done.
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by Treasure17(m): 3:09pm On Sep 29, 2019
HealthTeacher shower us with update o
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by izaray(f): 4:16pm On Sep 30, 2019
HealthTeacher we need update oh
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by HealthTeacher(f): 8:15pm On Sep 30, 2019
Episode 30

“I was here to pick you. Come on! Why are you looking at me like that?”
“How?” I asked stopping him from moving forward and looking into his eyes.
“I mean in this same way you're looking at me right now. I was here to pick you okay. Surprise you. That sort of thing.”
“Okay then,” I am not going to argue. I'm happy you came.”
“Good. You are welcome.” He teased as he dropped the luggage in his car boot and opened the door of the car for me to step in.
“So why didn't you go for your holiday trip? You changed your mind?”
“Yes I did.” I replied quite confidently
“Do you want to tell me why?” He asked turning to take a look at me.
I miss home Deji. I miss my mother. I spoke to her a few times but I just want to see her.
“You could have called me to check up on her.” He said smiling
“No that wouldn't have been necessary.” I replied immediately. I was flattered though.
“Why? Are you scared I'll tell her the truth of the relationship between us.
“Did you say relationship? Is there even a relationship here?” I asked pretending I had no idea what he was talking about.
“What do you think?” He asked almost in a whisper. I was lost for words. I didn't say a word after. I just smiled and looked out of the window as we drove to the office.

“Hey. Cleo is back.”Segun screamed from his workstation as soon as I entered the office.
“Welcome back.” Everyone chorused as they stood up and rushed to give me a hug one after the other. It was while we were at it, I realised how much I had missed every one of them including Ranti who didn't make an attempt to welcome me back.
“How was your trip? What was the New York experience like? Did you make new friends? These were the questions everyone was asking at the same time.
Deji stood a few feets away smiling and watching all of the drama. While everyone was around me, I still found ways to make eye contact with him and also to take a look at Ranti at the same time. More like monitoring them both. She stared at him while he focused all of his attention on me except for once when he turned to look at her asking why she was still sitting and that made me kind of happy. I was back for real and whatever happened between them while I was away, I didn't care. I had seen life differently in the past two weeks and I was coming back not to be the nerdy Cleo but the intelligent and confident one who knows what she wants and how to get it. It was revolutionary for me and inspired by Sandra, my South African friend. Maybe I had joined the feminist movement, I wasn't too sure but it wouldn't be bad eitherways. I was going to make everyone feel my worth from that time on and so I raised my voice above everyone else and said “I'll tell you all about New York; what I learnt, my experience but you will have to sit in your workstations first.”

“Okay,” they all chorused. Before I knew it, I was sharing my experience;and all I had learnt but most importantly, how we were going to use all of it including the connections I made as a team to put Lancast Media on the global map. They were all quite impressed. In about one hour, we had come up with a solid strategy. They all gave me standing ovation afterwards as I watched the chairman, Deji and Dara do same at the entrance where they stood.

Continues tomorrow. Complete E-book available online here https://paystack.com/pay/u7ltid6ol4

Cheers!
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by do4luv14(m): 9:03pm On Sep 30, 2019
To send oga boko after you dey humgry me walai,,,,
no update on friday, ah camp here since 3:45pm till almost 9pm
come see the update you drop ehn @ healthteacher,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

thanks for update sha, but you hold me one
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by Treasure17(m): 9:38pm On Sep 30, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by izaray(f): 10:00pm On Sep 30, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by Ann2012(f): 10:52pm On Sep 30, 2019
do4luv14:

no update on friday,
ah camp here since 3:45pm till almost 9pm

U don vex ni? Oya sorry wink
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by do4luv14(m): 6:28am On Oct 01, 2019
Ann2012:

U don vex ni? Oya sorry wink

iffa tell you say nah redeye ba3 ah take read d update sef, you no go beliv

1 Like

Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by HealthTeacher(f): 7:33am On Oct 01, 2019
Apologies! I've not had light in forever. I tire!
I'll post one this evening to make up.

do4luv14:

no update on friday,
ah camp here since 3:45pm till almost 9pm

Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by HealthTeacher(f): 7:34am On Oct 01, 2019
You are welcome
Treasure17:
Thanks for the update
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by HealthTeacher(f): 7:34am On Oct 01, 2019
You are welcome
izaray:
Thanks for the update
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by HealthTeacher(f): 8:19pm On Oct 01, 2019
Episode 31

Cleo can we go to my office so we could come up with a strategy for the campaign for Brooks group since you're in the brainstorming mood.” Deji said.
I agreed and as we walked to his office, he informed me that the Chairman of Brooks Group wanted a meeting to discuss the first draft at Ikoyi golf club the next day. That felt like the perfect opportunity for me to use my newly-acquired knowledge.
We went through every page of the document he put together. It seemed very good but needed a few adjustments and so I offered to complete work on it.

“I'm up for it anything you say Cleo.”
“Okay then. Let’s get to it.” I said as I stood up to give him a handshake. I remembered he wanted our relationship professional before I left for New York and so I had to put that up just to see if he still wanted things that way or differently.
He gave me a handshake but refused to let go of my hand as he pulled me over to his side of the desk. With his hands around my waist, he said, “Cleo, I don't want our relationship to remain professional. I want more.”
“And how do you mean more?” I asked him.
“I came over to New York to say these things to you but the environment wasn't too conducive if you remember.” He laughed. “Now I'm ready. I don't care about anyone or anything else I just want you to be my girlfriend and let me love you. Will you?”
“Really? I asked confused and excited. I was going to say yes right away but I needed to be the prim and proper lady who doesn’t come off as being easy to get and so I gently removed his hands from my waist and said to him, “ I'll think about it.”
He pulled me back. This time putting my arms around his neck and his on my waist as his lips came really close to mine.
“I'm yet to give you a reply. Why don’t you give me sometime?”
“Do you think that’s necessary?” He asked looking into my eyes.
“I'm not sure.” I replied in a whisper as I kissed him. After one minute, I stopped, smiled, picked up my laptop and walked out of the office.

I got back to my desk asking myself if being in a relationship with Deji was what I really wanted. I asked myself if I going too far or was I just scared of the unknown. I hadn't given him a reply but I bet my actions already did. I kissed him back and that screamed “yes.” While I was still trying to figure out the smartest move, I got a message and it was from Rico. He wanted to know how I was doing and how my trip back to Nigeria was. He also asked if I had seen Deji yet.
I smiled as I read the message almost out loud. I replied telling him I was okay and that I may just be in a relationship with him too. “It's complicated but I know you'll understand,” smiling as I clicked the send button eagerly waiting for a response

Continues in the next episode tomorrow

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by izaray(f): 8:51pm On Oct 01, 2019
Thanks ma'am
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by Ann2012(f): 9:34pm On Oct 01, 2019
Let's see how the relationship goes
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by HealthTeacher(f): 6:56am On Oct 03, 2019
Episode 32

“How nice Cleo. I'm happy for you.” He replied. As I was reading the message, still smiling I remembered the conversation I had with him about contraception services and thought it would come in handy at this time and so I asked him for more information about the health clinic he spoke about. If he knew any in Nigeria and he replied, “You could visit Health Platforms Clinic”
I replied the message thanking him. If I was going to be in a relationship with Deji, it meant I was going to start having sex and I had to stay protected. A lot had changed about me. I was bold and confident quite alright but I wasn't sure I was well-educated or prepared for that sort of relationship and as such I had to start being ready. I checked Google for the address to the clinic and when I found it, I saved it for the next day when I’d be visiting after I was well rested.

When I got to the clinic, the following morning, I was overly impressed at the nice ambience and clean environment. The lady at the front desk had a charming smile and was very welcoming and that made me feel even better as I explained to her why I was visiting the clinic. I was very bold and confident this time, very different from the last time I wanted to get a birth control pill at the pharmacy. She gave me a short form to fill offering me a seat and informing me that the health educator would be with me shortly and so I waited. In a very short time, the health educator was with me. She asked if I was familiar with the different options available but I told her I was still a virgin and was about to be in a sexual relationship which is why I had to come to learn more and know what my options were. She then spoke to me about the several options available. She was more than willing to give me all the information I needed before I go in to see the doctor who would give more advice me on my choice and answer any more questions I may have.
After reading the materials, I was well educated and very much aware of the different options. Even before seeing the doctor, I didn't think the daily pills would be for me because I had never liked taking pills, any kind of pill no matter how tiny. The emergency birth control pills would have been ideal but as the name suggests, it’s only for emergencies and shouldn’t be used more than two to three times a month. Injections or implants were definitely not going to be my choice. The barrier methods seem pretty easier and interesting. They all work to prevent the sperm from getting to the egg. I got to see a female condom for the first time and she showed me with a demonstration on how to use it. It also prevents sexually transmitted infections. Others in this same category were the cervical cap, diaphragm and the sponge. I waited patiently for the doctor while she attended to a patient and not long after, I saw the patient walk out of the doctor's office and this patient was Ranti.

"Someone is becoming a bad girl.” Ranti said as she laughed and walked towards me.
“What are you doing here?”
“And how is that your business?” I asked angrily.
“Okay you may not want to tell me about why you are here. I'm not secretive and I don't have anything to hide. I can tell you why I am here though.”
“Good for you but I'm not interested.” I said as I stood up and walked to the front desk to ask the lady if it was okay for me to go in and see the doctor.
Re: For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance by izaray(f): 10:09am On Oct 03, 2019
Thanks for the update

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Last Star. / How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria / Ade Son Of Thunder( A Tale About Love, Destiny And Betrayal)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.