Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

Are Nigerians Docile? - Charly Boy Blows Hot - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Nigerians Docile? - Charly Boy Blows Hot (22844 Views)

₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu / Charly Boy Wishes Buhari A Happy 76th Birthday. See How (Photos) / Charly Boy Mocks Rochas Okorocha: 'No Go Hang Yourself' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Nigerians Docile? - Charly Boy Blows Hot by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 22, 2019
angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Docile? - Charly Boy Blows Hot by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 22, 2019
mrvitalis:
99.999% of the middle class are not really affected by this country ,they can comfortable make enough for their family and dont care ,thats y they don't care to vote since they are not really taxed

The few that vote 90% do because they want to play politics and join the elite

The elite have enough to steal n barely enough to bribe the poor

The poor are desperate and believe in tribe ,religion so are easily manipulated

If u want nigeria to work ,tax the middle class 40% of their income

the middle class, particularly the employed, are throughly taxed. ditto for businesses
however, the mechanics, barbers, hairdressers and co and not - and they think they should not be.
imagine my mechanic telling me tax is only for the rich, why should he pay tax.

basically they typical thought process of the poor in nigeria , that those of us who have somehow made something owe them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Docile? - Charly Boy Blows Hot by OLUENTA1: 10:51am On Aug 22, 2019
who is fooling who here.. he needs himself a check to be written by the oppressors and the oppressed his tools for the actualization of his pay check. Scammers every where. Charly The Scammer Boy grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Docile? - Charly Boy Blows Hot by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 22, 2019
mrvitalis:
99.999% of the middle class are not really affected by this country ,they can comfortable make enough for their family and dont care ,thats y they don't care to vote protest since they are not really taxed

I cancelled "vote" from your statement and replaced it with "protest". The voting system is messed up. Protesting would be the better word there.

You're intelligent . I understand where you are coming from.

The middle class are enlightened enough to give Nigeria the development we deserve but they wouldn't because they are comfortable.

Compare ASSU strike and NASU strike. The government doesn't care about NASU strike that is going on but the country bows when ASUU strike. ASUU has more members in the middle class than NASU which consist more cleaners, security men, potters, office attendants and thus have a say.

The middle class are Actors,Musicians , Federal lecturers, Medical Doctors, Prominent Clergy men, oil workers, average business men with income below 100 million Naira.

Anyone with income between 5 million and 100 million is in the middle class. My parents fall there, my relatives fall there. They don't vote. They rest on that day. They shame protesters because they don't care about what they are feeling. They satisfied because they are more relevant with their exotic cars than those who board tricycles. The middle class employ the brick layers, welders, some gatemen, sales girl /boy and secretaries and these lower class give them some degree of respect.

The group we refer to as social media warriors
are dominated by the middle class. The vulganiser, petty trader has little or no business with speaking English on Twitter. The Social media warriors really want a better Nigeria because they actually know their rights as citizens. But they don't protest outside social media because they are comfortable in their own way. If that enlightened person that protests on social media takes home 30,000 Naira (which is the minimum wage) instead of his monthly 200,000 Naira, this country will boil. Just look at ASUU that are even paid better.

That Europe we dream of was once like Nigeria. It was even worse because it was monarchy where the royal family could do no wrong, they controlled everything and gave lands to few elites you were the feudal lords. The rest of the population were "serfs" who cultivated the land and paid tributes to the feudal lords. There was poverty in Europe and they thought it was normal. The industrial revolution, the invention and use of machines set in, for the first time there was a class known as the middle class which were neither the royal family nor feudal lords but intelligent people who invented and started to use these machines for their production process. When the Elites saw that these middle class were becoming more they made things harder. The middle class who were enlightened(the scientists, authors like Karl Marx, wives of military men) were fed up and million marched to their palaces.

You see the French revolution? One morning in 1798 after the enlightened middle class had seen it all. They educated the non enlightened lower class and in millions marched to the King's tower in Paris and yelled...
"We are all dead already, you have killed our businesses , you have killed our children because of lack of quality health care, our wives have died during child birth more than anytime in history. We have nothing to live for, please we are tired, please King, kill all of us or step down for some one who will make us live again ."

Democracy was alien to France then and the Monarch was a revered human with "blue blood" . He couldn't kill 80% of the French population, who would he rule? Detention centres wouldn't contain 10 million people. The soldiers wouldn't arrest the crowd which their wives were part of.

Democracy was born in France and the masses won. The middle class of France led that cause. Today that the world has become global and every Democratic nation is willing to help us, our middle class can do better with the right motivation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Docile? - Charly Boy Blows Hot by nwamabo247(m): 10:54am On Aug 22, 2019
Plz have mecy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Docile? - Charly Boy Blows Hot by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 22, 2019
mrvitalis:
99.999% of the middle class are not really affected by this country ,they can comfortable make enough for their family and dont care ,thats y they don't care to vote since they are not really taxed

Is not about paying or increasing tax as politicians would love this, it about what is currently done with the tax we receive

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Docile? - Charly Boy Blows Hot by Angelfrost(m): 10:56am On Aug 22, 2019
F117nighthawk:

The same middle class who doesn't benefit much from the government as well as the poor and u want them to be taxed by 40%?

Which middle class?... Has there really been a middle class since APC took over?...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Docile? - Charly Boy Blows Hot by 2sexycom(m): 10:56am On Aug 22, 2019
This one is looking for whom to use blow again. Idiot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Docile? - Charly Boy Blows Hot by penplus: 10:59am On Aug 22, 2019
No wahala Charlie boy

We dey gallant

I will come with my squad when I see you and your family for front...

We are right behind you

Courageous man

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Docile? - Charly Boy Blows Hot by mrvitalis(m): 11:00am On Aug 22, 2019
badboy92:

Is not about paying or increasing tax as politicians would love this, it about what is currently done with the tax we receive
They don't because no one would hold them accountable only the middle class can and only tax can get the middle class involved

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Docile? - Charly Boy Blows Hot by udemzyudex(m): 11:02am On Aug 22, 2019
Nigerians are coward grin

Now that a dictator is in power, they are shivering, they can't speak out but when a man of peace was in power they were showing their power, occupy Nigeria, calling him names etc.

Oya make them try the nonsense for this government Naa. Cowards grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Docile? - Charly Boy Blows Hot by Godoverevery: 11:03am On Aug 22, 2019
FuckDaMods:
I'm in support of anything that will deal with these polictians but this charly boy guy i don't trust one bit. Another brown envelop and he will shut his buca cavity.
By the way, where is that edris abdulkareem? After sowore was detained that nigga hasn't tweeted a word. Nigga went awol
bro
moral lesson :it's a cold world......nobody give a shit Wen the going gets bad.
Edris is just another man who just showed u re alone Wen things is Bleep up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Docile? - Charly Boy Blows Hot by starbright4real(m): 11:04am On Aug 22, 2019
gud day, pls i seriously need a job, i am a graduate of accounting (hnd) 07037799108

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Docile? - Charly Boy Blows Hot by Litmus: 11:06am On Aug 22, 2019
It saddens me Nigerians never seem to appreciate what they have and always believe the rest of the continent has better. Nigerians have more class and are more sophisticated in thinking than the average Africans are. Gra-gra attitude is not radical it is backward. A good metaphor would be Whitney Huston. Imagine Whitney Huston was like your average Nigerians attitude and Bobby brown and his ghettoness was like the rest of Africa. At some point Whitney began to feel that her ways weren’t genuine and that being Black and genuine was being Ghetto. Whitney went Ghetto and died from it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Docile? - Charly Boy Blows Hot by Reference(m): 11:06am On Aug 22, 2019
mrvitalis:

This is totally wrong. The first victims of an imploding nation are its middle class. The middle class in the true sense of the word does not really exist anymore in Nigeria. We effectively lost our middle class during the military regime of Ibrahim Babangida. What exists presently is a duo poly. Rich or poor, ignorant or enlightened, power and peons... and so on.

I mean you cannot have a middle class and so called democracy works like this. It is just not possible. The middle class is the engine room of democracy. It either exists or not in its effects in driving the narrative prevalent in a nation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Docile? - Charly Boy Blows Hot by Mizwisdom(f): 11:12am On Aug 22, 2019
Ugosample:

Nigeria middle class is quite thin

Once again, talking from emotions not knowledge. Quite thin you say? hahaha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Docile? - Charly Boy Blows Hot by NellyGhenghen(m): 11:16am On Aug 22, 2019
What is wrong with being docile?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Docile? - Charly Boy Blows Hot by Ugosample(m): 11:22am On Aug 22, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Once again, talking from emotions not knowledge. Quite thin you say? hahaha

did you say emotions?

hahahahahahaha

man

I have travelled to many Nigerian States
I have seen with my eyes

I'll be coming to naija again sef soon
to still come and see

no one needs to tell you that the middle class is quite thin in NiggerArea
at MOST 20-21m Nigerians are in that bracket

and most live in 5 small area's (Lagos, Abj,Kano Kaduna and say P/H Onitsha
while the rest Of the country is a vast ocean of poverty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Docile? - Charly Boy Blows Hot by Ugosample(m): 11:23am On Aug 22, 2019
Litmus:
It saddens me Nigerians never seem to appreciate what they have and always believe the rest of the continent has better. Nigerians have more class and are more sophisticated in thinking than the average Africans are. Gra-gra attitude is not radical it is backward. A good metaphor would be Whitney Huston. Imagine Whitney Huston was like your average Nigerians attitude and Bobby brown and his ghettoness was like the rest of Africa. At some point Whitney began to feel that her ways weren’t genuine and that being Black and genuine was being Ghetto. Whitney went Ghetto and died from it.

what is this one saying?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Docile? - Charly Boy Blows Hot by Reference(m): 11:23am On Aug 22, 2019
ornicus:

the middle class, particularly the employed, are throughly taxed. ditto for businesses
however, the mechanics, barbers, hairdressers and co and not - and they think they should not be.
imagine my mechanic telling me tax is only for the rich, why should he pay tax.

basically they typical thought process of the poor in nigeria , that those of us who have somehow made something owe them

Okay, I see the drift here. It appears the definition of middle class here is somewhere around economic status., the kind of job one is engaged in and probably ones earnings there of, or whether its is white collar, blue collar stuff. To me that is a bit narrow, subjective and fluid because one can earn a million in this country this year and 10,000 the next year. One can be a high flying banker today and be on the streets quite literally tomorrow.

I have in mind a more permanent classification of society by ideology, the way a group of people are organised amongst themselves and relate with the other bodies as a whole. These classes donot differ over time, race, economic status and creed. They differ in the way they think a nation operates and what that nation serves. In effect they differ in the way for instance they see country like Nigeria work and they tend to conduct themselves in that light.

Thus is the broadest terms possible and in the fewest words possible I view the Upper class as those who 'Exploit', the middle class as those who 'Make' and the lower class as those who 'Opportune'. So it is clear Nigeria is presently a duo-poly, a nation of exploiters and opportunists. There are very, very few people in society to/that make things work. It is not an economic position, it is not a bank balance, it is an ideology. There will be rich exploiters and rich opportunists, as there will be unfortunate exploiters and unfortunate opportunits as there are rich middle class folks and not so rich middle class folks everywhere in the world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Docile? - Charly Boy Blows Hot by siofra(f): 11:23am On Aug 22, 2019
Nigerians are not docile they lack access to knowledge, they do not read.[b]Nigerians are not docile they lack access to knowledge, they do not read.[/b]Nigerians are not docile they lack access to knowledge, they do not read.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Docile? - Charly Boy Blows Hot by Ugosample(m): 11:24am On Aug 22, 2019
Reference:

This is totally wrong. The first victims of an imploding nation are its middle class. The middle class in the true sense of the word does not really exist anymore in Nigeria. We effectively lost our middle class during the military regime of Ibrahim Babangida. What exists presently is a duo poly. Rich or poor, ignorant or enlightened, power and peons... and so on.

I mean you cannot have a middle class and so called democracy works like this. It is just not possible. The middle class is the engine room of democracy. It either exists or not in its effects in driving the narrative prevalent in a nation.

You have spoken well
the middle class is so thin in Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Docile? - Charly Boy Blows Hot by mrvitalis(m): 11:25am On Aug 22, 2019
Reference:

Who lives in lekki then

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Docile? - Charly Boy Blows Hot by uuzba(m): 11:28am On Aug 22, 2019
mrvitalis:

Who lives in lekki then
Rich and poor
Jeep owners and Okada riders
Oil company workers and gala sellers.

There's no middle class here in lekki. You're either rich or poor.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Docile? - Charly Boy Blows Hot by Reference(m): 11:30am On Aug 22, 2019
mrvitalis:

Who lives in lekki then

Read my subsequent post. I will really like to expound on it but... duty calls, perhaps later in the day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Docile? - Charly Boy Blows Hot by uuzba(m): 11:30am On Aug 22, 2019
siofra:
Nigerians are not docile they lack access to knowledge, they do not read.[b]Nigerians are not docile they lack access to knowledge, they do not read.[/b]Nigerians are not docile they lack access to knowledge, they do not read.

The read very very well.
They fill up their head with facebook and Instagram and WhatsApp.
24/7 reading and reading on their phones.
Reading while driving.
Reading inside the church during mass/service.
They're always reading

Reading rubbish.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Docile? - Charly Boy Blows Hot by uuzba(m): 11:31am On Aug 22, 2019
NellyGhenghen:
What is wrong with being docile?
You are neither hot nor cold.
You will not fight for the rich, nor fight for the poor.
It is 100% selfishness.
That is what is wrong. Selfishness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Docile? - Charly Boy Blows Hot by JobsandSchools: 11:32am On Aug 22, 2019
Hmmmmn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Docile? - Charly Boy Blows Hot by Ugosample(m): 11:35am On Aug 22, 2019
Reference:

Okay, I see the drift here. It appears the definition of middle class here is somewhere around economic status., the kind of job one is engaged in and probably ones earnings there of, or whether its is white collar, blue collar stuff. To me that is a bit narrow, subjective and fluid because one can earn a million in this country this year and 10,000 the next year. One can be a high flying banker today and be on the streets quite literally tomorrow.

I have in mind a more permanent classification of society by ideology, the way a group of people are organised amongst themselves and relate with the other bodies as a whole. These classes donot differ over time, race, economic status and creed. They differ in the way they think a nation operates and what that nation serves. In effect they differ in the way for instance they see country like Nigeria work and they tend to conduct themselves in that light.

Thus is the broadest terms possible and in the fewest words possible I view the Upper class as those who 'Exploit', the middle class as those who 'Make' and the lower class as those who 'Opportune'. So it is clear Nigeria is presently a duo-poly, a nation of exploiters and opportunists, there are very, very few people in society that make things work. It is not an economic position, it is not a bank balance, it is an ideology. There will be rich exploiters and rich opportunists, as there will be unfortunate exploiters and unfortunate opportunits as there are rich middle class folks and not so rich middle class folks everywhere in the world.

Brilliant

the uncertainty is too much

Many folks whon"thought" they were middle class just 5 years back

have been sent into economic destitution under Buhari misgovernamce

I see with my eyes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Docile? - Charly Boy Blows Hot by Ugosample(m): 11:37am On Aug 22, 2019
mrvitalis:
Who lives in lekki then
most people who live in so called lekli are living in a bubble tongue
And many broke people live there too

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mohammed Abubakar Congratulates Bala Mohammed, Governor-Elect Of Bauchi / Osinbajo At The Senior Course 37 Grad Ceremony Armed Forces College (pics) / Femi Gbajabiamila Arrives National Assembly "Speaker Contestant"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.