Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,216 members, 7,836,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Turkey Visa Application Delay - Travel (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Turkey Visa Application Delay (241933 Views)

Have I Been Scammed For Turkey Visa / How Can I Easily Apply For Turkey Visa / Delay At ATM Saves Man From Ghastly Motor Accident In Enugu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (99) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Turkey Visa Application Delay by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jul 09, 2022
It's terrible!
unlimitedbless:

I am also in UK. I applied before they stopped the evisa on Thursday but they cancelled it and sent me my money back. I called the consulate and they told me to apply through voya visa.

The issue now is that the earliest appointment date on voya visa is December 22. It is just laughable. I heard the stoppage of evisa is linked to the prison break in kuje.
Re: Turkey Visa Application Delay by Kinghendrxx: 6:03am On Jul 10, 2022
baryouradekunle:
It's denied bro, They wouldn't reply your message after six months from date of interview, you can go and resubmit again. Hope you paid 1000usd for University Acceptance letter. If you paid, don't pay again...

Ok bro thanks so much I’ll re apply then
Re: Turkey Visa Application Delay by seyisanya(m): 7:53am On Jul 10, 2022
unlimitedbless:

I am also in UK. I applied before they stopped the evisa on Thursday but they cancelled it and sent me my money back. I called the consulate and they told me to apply through voya visa.

The issue now is that the earliest appointment date on voya visa is December 22. It is just laughable. I heard the stoppage of evisa is linked to the prison break in kuje.
This can't be the reason because Nigeria is not the only African country removed from the eligibility list. All African countries, except Egypt, have been removed from the platform!
Re: Turkey Visa Application Delay by Folarge06(m): 8:32am On Jul 10, 2022
Bro this is not the main reason believe me.
It has nothing to do with terrorism in Nigeria.
I live here in Istanbul
I have seen so many times whereby people come in with fake USA, UK, Schengen visas.
You know they will definitely allow them in once they board Turkish Airline.
And you know once you have these visas you are eligible for an e visa into Turkey
They are pushed at the airport from Nigeria to board and once they get here these people don't bother to confirm anything.
They just discovered recently and decided to put an end to it.
I don't blame these people.
My fellow country people has really shown them alot.

unlimitedbless:

1 Like

Re: Turkey Visa Application Delay by babyfaiz: 9:56am On Jul 10, 2022
unlimitedbless:

Are you saying the earliest date in the UK is by December? I thought of applying from the UK too. UK citizens have been delisted as well. Virtually all countries except for US, Canada, UAE, Egypt & some other few. All EU countries were delisted. I think, there a problem between Turkey & EU. Turkey is experiencing massive inflation & tourism is one big way to curb the inflation & yet they’re delisting countries. There seem to be a political problem somewhere
Re: Turkey Visa Application Delay by unlimitedbless: 11:24am On Jul 10, 2022
babyfaiz:

Are you saying the earliest date in the UK is by December? I thought of applying from the UK too. UK citizens have been delisted as well. Virtually all countries except for US, Canada, UAE, Egypt & some other few. All EU countries were delisted. I think, there a problem between Turkey & EU. Turkey is experiencing massive inflation & tourism is one big way to curb the inflation & yet they’re delisting countries. There seem to be a political problem somewhere

From UK, Yes , from the voya visa website. July to November is fully booked. Even the VIP appointment where you have to pay 130 usd has October as the earliest date as at yesterday. I am thinking there should be an alternative way. If you find an alternative way, lemme know. I want to visit by August
Re: Turkey Visa Application Delay by unlimitedbless: 11:33am On Jul 10, 2022
Folarge06:
Bro this is not the main reason believe me.
It has nothing to do with terrorism in Nigeria.
I live here in Istanbul
I have seen so many times whereby people come in with fake USA, UK, Schengen visas.
You know they will definitely allow them in once they board Turkish Airline.
And you know once you have these visas you are eligible for an e visa into Turkey
They are pushed at the airport from Nigeria to board and once they get here these people don't bother to confirm anything.
They just discovered recently and decided to put an end to it.
I don't blame these people.
My fellow country people has really shown them alot.

seyisanya:
This can't be the reason because Nigeria is not the only African country removed from the eligibility list. All African countries, except Egypt, have been removed from the platform!

Now I understand better, I felt the timing was convenient considering the prison break and some people were also pushing that narrative online since the Turkish consulate didn’t make any formal announcement.

There should at least be an alternative method for proving authenticity of the visa instead of this long queue. Our people don abuse the e-visa I guess. There was a time UAE stopped the evisa as well, I think it has been reinstated.

Maybe there is a political reason as well though cause British citizens have even been delisted from the evisa before the Africans.
Re: Turkey Visa Application Delay by johnsonsegxy: 4:37pm On Jul 10, 2022
unlimitedbless:

Na wa o
Re: Turkey Visa Application Delay by Temitopegold221: 8:24pm On Jul 10, 2022
baryouradekunle:
It's terrible!
What day did you apply?
Re: Turkey Visa Application Delay by Temitopegold221: 8:25pm On Jul 10, 2022
unlimitedbless:

What day did you apply?
Re: Turkey Visa Application Delay by unlimitedbless: 8:26pm On Jul 10, 2022
Temitopegold221:

What day did you apply?

I applied on Wednesday
Re: Turkey Visa Application Delay by Temitopegold221: 8:39pm On Jul 10, 2022
unlimitedbless:

I applied on Wednesday
Did they send you a mail that they have cancelled it, Moreso what time on Wednesday
Re: Turkey Visa Application Delay by seyisanya(m): 3:23pm On Jul 11, 2022
Re: Turkey Visa Application Delay by babyfaiz: 9:01am On Jul 14, 2022
I don’t think Turkey is worth it at this time. I’m in Nigeria presently and would be traveling to the UK next 2 weeks. I had plans of spending 3 days in Turkey before traveling to the UK. The plans have been halted due to the e visa cancellation. I’ve been to Turkish embassy and even Voya. I don’t think it’s worth it. For a single entry, you need to pay $255 & service fee of 3000 naira. You also need to provide supporting documents and have your documents notarized. I think the process is expensive and cumbersome. I don’t feel it’s worth it. The only issues that I have right now, is how to spend my long layover in Istanbul.
Re: Turkey Visa Application Delay by unlimitedbless: 1:10pm On Jul 14, 2022
babyfaiz:
I don’t think Turkey is worth it at this time. I’m in Nigeria presently and would be traveling to the UK next 2 weeks. I had plans of spending 3 days in Turkey before traveling to the UK. The plans have been halted due to the e visa cancellation. I’ve been to Turkish embassy and even Voya. I don’t think it’s worth it. For a single entry, you need to pay $255 & service fee of 3000 naira. You also need to provide supporting documents and have your documents notarized. I think the process is expensive and cumbersome. I don’t feel it’s worth it. The only issues that I have right now, is how to spend my long layover in Istanbul.

The surprising part is the travel insurance. I don’t know if it’s a joke or I am not reading it correctly. I think these guys are just saying indirectly that they don’t want visitors
Re: Turkey Visa Application Delay by seyisanya(m): 1:24pm On Jul 14, 2022
unlimitedbless:

The surprising part is the travel insurance. I don’t know if it’s a joke or I am not reading it correctly. I think these guys are just saying indirectly that they don’t want visitors
Not exactly. Tourism has come alive again in Turkey after the COVID-19 induced slowdown. They obviously don't want Africans to come put pressure on an economy that's already on the brink of collapse.

Most Africans go as visitors/tourists and then begin to live in the shadow of the system. Unfortunately, Africans that genuinely want to visit will also be negatively affected.
Re: Turkey Visa Application Delay by babyfaiz: 4:32pm On Jul 14, 2022
unlimitedbless:

Nah! It’s the president. The thing is political. It’s an ego thing for him. The country is in shambles with astronomical inflation & falling of Lira. The president is just egotistical & flexing his muscle. This is the time they need tourism the most. Applying from the embassy will discourage tourist. At least 5 out of 10 intended tourist will opt out due to e visa cancellation. We’re a family of 5 & ditched it. That’s -5. I’m also cancelling my Turkish ticket to get a refund, it’s their loss. No time for Turkey, they should fix their economic problems
Re: Turkey Visa Application Delay by Molly24: 9:08am On Jul 15, 2022
Hello everyone,

Please I need an urgent answer to this question. Has anyone here travelled from Turkey To Germany before? I was asked to provide exactly the requirement from German embassy in my home country. Should I take travel insurance and a dummy ticket with me or I should wait till I get approval. I'm not sure how's it's done here but travel insurance and dummy ticket were not stated on the list in Nigeria until approval I guess.

Anyone that has an answer to this should please reply. I need an urgent answer.

Thank you.
Re: Turkey Visa Application Delay by mikerezzy: 2:44am On Jul 17, 2022
Nigerians in turkey you people should add me up let’s linkup abeg 08132857237 that’s my WhatsApp
Re: Turkey Visa Application Delay by sharone21(f): 4:26am On Jul 18, 2022
Please, how can one book/do flight reservation fully confirmed....Must one pay any amount of money/full ticket fare? The airlines are saying it has to be paid for.
Re: Turkey Visa Application Delay by Tblackshout: 9:15am On Jul 18, 2022
Hello you can use Ethiopian airline it’s free
Re: Turkey Visa Application Delay by donluclay(m): 1:54pm On Jul 18, 2022
I believe so.

sharone21:
Please, how can one book/do flight reservation fully confirmed....Must one pay any amount of money/full ticket fare? The airlines are saying it has to be paid for.

1 Like

Re: Turkey Visa Application Delay by daysoffavor: 4:01pm On Jul 18, 2022
austino677:
For tourism

Please does anyone know if i can just walk in to the Lagos Application office or i need to book an appointment,
the information on the Website is the most confusing thing i have ever seen in my entire life .
Re: Turkey Visa Application Delay by austino677(m): 5:47pm On Jul 18, 2022
daysoffavor:

Please does anyone know if i can just walk in to the Lagos Application office or i need to book an appointment,
the information on the Website is the most confusing thing i have ever seen in my entire life .
walk in for lagos center.. You don't have to book any appointment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turkey Visa Application Delay by aekmanweb(m): 10:33am On Jul 19, 2022
Good day guys, please I need details on how to apply for Turkish Visit Visa. Pls help abeg.
Re: Turkey Visa Application Delay by austino677(m): 6:15am On Jul 20, 2022
If only someone can write on about the corruption in voya office, the rate of rejection is so much for those applying for visa in that office and ridiculous amount of fees yet no explanation of why your application was not approved.. "this is because it was not properly evaluated" you may reapply after six months.. $255+13,000 courier fee gone

Only those i could say lucky were approved (good solid travel history uk, us, schengen)

Well if you don't have good solid travel history on your passport don't bother wasting your money and time instead apply for UK/France you stand better chance than Turkey for now.

NB: this post is for tourist visa.. Students have more chance of approval
Re: Turkey Visa Application Delay by CowbellY: 6:55am On Jul 20, 2022
seyisanya:
Not exactly. Tourism has come alive again in Turkey after the COVID-19 induced slowdown. They obviously don't want Africans to come put pressure on an economy that's already on the brink of collapse.

Most Africans go as visitors/tourists and then begin to live in the shadow of the system. Unfortunately, Africans that genuinely want to visit will also be negatively affected.

Africans are not the ones putting a strain on the turkish system. Most Africans live there legally and openly. They have a refugee problem with Syrians rather. They are the ones who live in the shadow and commit crimes. The recent policy change didn't affect only Nigerians, it affected all European countries.
Re: Turkey Visa Application Delay by seyisanya(m): 10:19am On Jul 20, 2022
CowbellY:

Africans are not the ones putting a strain on the turkish system. Most Africans live there legally and openly. They have a refugee problem with Syrians rather. They are the ones who live in the shadow and commit crimes. The recent policy change didn't affect only Nigerians, it affected all European countries.
Syrian case is a humanitarian issue which is not part of consideration, I was referring to a case of using a visa incorrectly. Nevertheless, I agree with you to some extent. I also stated in one of my previous comments that Nigeria was not the only affected country, rather most African countries. Most European countries don't require tourist visa to enter Turkey and the few that require an e-visa can still obtain same as I type this.
Re: Turkey Visa Application Delay by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 20, 2022
I don't even know when all these started again, Turkey Visa is 250dollars before around 2016-2019 but with all complaint to federal Government that Turkey embassy in Nigeria are exhort people they reduce it to 60dollars plus insurance 25-35dollars highest you would pay at embassy that time is 100dollars everything with 80% visa rate till 2021 but early this year Everything change with Turkey embassy with a lot of corruption again. Why paying almost 260dollars now and still denied 90% Visa, they are doing insurance for them one of the most important documents. You know where is a lot of Nigerian there's corruption, Most of their workers are Nigerian maybe only 2 to 4 Turkish for their head. Nigeria corruption same thing with Turkish they like money. God will help them and people will still be complain like 2019.
austino677:
If only someone can write on about the corruption in voya office, the rate of rejection is so much for those applying for visa in that office and ridiculous amount of fees yet no explanation of why your application was not approved.. "this is because it was not properly evaluated" you may reapply after six months.. $255+13,000 courier fee gone

Only those i could say lucky were approved (good solid travel history uk, us, schengen)

Well if you don't have good solid travel history on your passport don't bother wasting your money and time instead apply for UK/France you stand better chance than Turkey for now.

Re: Turkey Visa Application Delay by Viking007(m): 11:49am On Jul 20, 2022
austino677:

Nigerians that go on tourist visa don’t return. They’re trying to block that trend.
Re: Turkey Visa Application Delay by austino677(m): 12:26pm On Jul 20, 2022
Viking007:
Nigerians that go on tourist visa don’t return. They’re trying to block that trend.
well if they get the visa and still apply for tourist residence once approved i see no problem because the said person is legal in the country and most Nigerians have such permit.. As of now no matter how genuine your visit to Turkey is now.. They won't issue you visa it doesn't make sense... For those that overstayed Turkish police department should look out for such people (arrest /deport)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (99) (Reply)

The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process / Bus Fare Within Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.