Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,797 members, 7,810,075 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:07 PM

How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady (91734 Views)

Journalist In Syria Explains Why He Still Washes Dishes After Marrying 3 Wives / American Woman Adopts Yoruba Name After Marrying Nigerian (photos) / My Life After Marrying A Philippine Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by AreaFada2: 12:12am On Aug 25, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
Blame your brother. I thought most of you go by the mantra "Make money and you'll marry any woman of your choice?" the moral lesson in your story is that a lady could love your money and not love you. That was exactly what played out and crashed their marriage.

Secondly, his inability to invest. If he had invested part of his salary, he won't have had reasons to fight over 200k 'cause I am sure he was giving her more than that of which she never accounted for. She realized he wasn't doing so well, so her reason for the disrespect.

Well, the lady takes at least 50% of the blame. She has no principles or morals. A short guy suddenly became eligible when she needed him to fund her studies. What of "for better for worse" she swore in the presence of God and human beings? She could have dated him BUT not take the oath of marriage.

Not everybody is an investor and many such are still married happily. It's not uncommon for a lady to first make "nyanga" when toasted, giving various excuses. A man at times has to persist if you love a woman.

Lessons for me are: many will follow you for money, including friends of any gender. Expect anything from anybody when things do not go smoothly. Loyalty nowadays is very scarce commodity.

10 Likes

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Martinez39(m): 12:12am On Aug 25, 2019
greggng:

Do women say no when you have money? Not women of this days
Nothing stopped her from saying "no". She just ran away because the man's money stopped flowing. Her excuses are just cover up. If the man's money kept flowing, the marriage would still be intact.

4 Likes

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Nobody: 12:12am On Aug 25, 2019
Once you're picking a wife as a Nigerian it's better u prepare your mind for this kind of eventualities. No matter how unpredictable and unprecedented the eventualities may be, just bear in mind that for every Nigerian girl, there are 80% chances she's a prostitute and 16% chances she's a gold digger. Now the remaining 4% depends on how lucky u get but from the beginning, the odds are against you as a man.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by larryking540: 12:15am On Aug 25, 2019
ipobarecriminals:
her family will be looking for another victim while she advertise her single mum online. I pity d man dat fall for family/ wife like diz thief
exactly
like I told someone yesterday, marrying a single mother isn't a crime o,but try verify what made her a single mother first, it's very important, if e husband die,ask questions watin kill am, infact make friendship with the location she was based b4 provided it's within d state,

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by felaismyhero(m): 12:15am On Aug 25, 2019
Martinez39:
Lol. You are still drunk on the blue pill. With time, you will wake up.
bros,what is wrong or untrue in what i said?
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Bekindtoall: 12:15am On Aug 25, 2019
Hmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by golddeejay(m): 12:16am On Aug 25, 2019
Elliot2:
Lol. Chai, pray make woman no carry you do nollywood with your life o.
no be only pray...na pray and watch, my brother.

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by larryking540: 12:17am On Aug 25, 2019
DrObiHogan:
Once you're picking a wife as a Nigerian it's better u prepare your mind for this kind of eventualities. No matter how unpredictable and unprecedented the eventualities may be, just bear in mind that for every Nigerian girl, there are 80% chances she's a prostitute and 16% chances she's a gold digger. Now the remaining 4% depends on how lucky u get but from the beginning, the odds are against you as a man.

u are really a professor of statistics,
but na Tru sha,but y

marrying 9ja ladies is the last on my list right now,except say my people don go confirm say na from a responsible background,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by greggng: 12:18am On Aug 25, 2019
golddeejay:

Really...so it is all the man's fault. Is she a goat that someone is forcing into marriage. She entered the marriage with her senses...to her it is all about the money. I don't know if you are guy or lady. But I hope you wouldn't be bitter if a made guy pretends to love you or someone close to you. Then treat you or that like sh!!t after the wedding...because you are just a transaction.

A smart person should be able to differentiate true love from infatuation. I was quoting the write...she told us clearly that they lady declined the brothers request cos he is short. At that point if I were him I will walk away from her. Even if I wanna help her on anything it should be selfless help....the man is in love but the lady is not....such situation can't work out ...no matter how they pretend....is even the man that ask for divorce, so why is he lamenting ....let him go workout modalities on how to train and give the best to his kids....after all if that woman is dead won't he cope again with his life?

7 Likes

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Whyzaid(f): 12:18am On Aug 25, 2019
I think she got married to money in your brother because that was the only thing your brother made her to appreciate in him. That's why we shd let people know that we have substance no matter who we are or what we have, so that we can be eternally cherished

3 Likes

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Nobody: 12:18am On Aug 25, 2019
stag:
Is the only problem here losing his job, money?

- No stories of infidelity on her part?
- Had there been relative peace since the marriage?
- Can we then say that, apart from her love of money, she was a good wife?

[b]Bro, how can your brother be in a contract job but fixed two of his in-laws in ‘well-paying’ FederalGovernment jobs with job security while he worked in a place without job security?[b/]

How do you talk about job security in the Nigerian civil service sector when it takes just a change in administration for people to be laid off in their hundreds.

2 Likes

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by futurism: 12:20am On Aug 25, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
Blame your brother. I thought most of you go by the mantra "Make money and you'll marry any woman of your choice?" the moral lesson in your story is that a lady could love your money and not love you. That was exactly what played out and crashed their marriage.

Secondly, his inability to invest. If he had invested part of his salary, he won't have had reasons to fight over 200k 'cause I am sure he was giving her more than that of which she never accounted for. She realized he wasn't doing so well, so her reason for the disrespect.
lol...true. I always counter their claims on here and that that mentality is super dangerous. A friend burnt through 25M for similar reason back in 2013-2015. That is like 50M in today's Nigerian currency.

The man who said money does not buy love was never stupid.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by larryking540: 12:20am On Aug 25, 2019
ipobarecriminals:
her family will be looking for another victim while she advertise her single mum online. I pity d man dat fall for family/ wife like diz thief
na so my mama take comot from marriage o,na e mama give am full support, she thought we d children were blind or naive, we just gave her a long rope to pull, now she day fin way take comeback but it's too late

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by InvertedHammer: 12:21am On Aug 25, 2019
Abo123:
....she told him immediately that she can't date him because she's short but he kept persuading her as usual.

... she didn't wanted to marry him in the first place because he's short but she was the one that persuaded her to marry him.

/

She won!

Leave her alone.

NB: I got it even though you keep misplacing the pronoun.

/
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Nobody: 12:22am On Aug 25, 2019
successmatters:
Moral of the story, never lose your job.
As usually dumb.

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by greggng: 12:22am On Aug 25, 2019
Martinez39:
Nothing stopped her from saying "no". She just ran away because the man's money stopped flowing. Her excuses are just cover up. If the man's money kept flowing, the marriage would still be intact.

There is no love amongst them. Afterall the lady is working with in the ministries courtesy the husband....if there is love, she ought to have been supportive this trying period...if a woman truly love you, she will not live you in difficult times

13 Likes

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by felaismyhero(m): 12:22am On Aug 25, 2019
ubunja:
you're the same stubborn people the article goes out to.
lol.but a yoruba adage says: ki la fi n se oko obinrin,owo la fi n se oko obinrin(i hope i typed it right!) translation(what i think it means): what do we need to be a husband to a woman? money is what we need to be husband to a woman!

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Martinez39(m): 12:24am On Aug 25, 2019
greggng:

There is no love amongst them. Afterall the lady is working with in the ministries courtesy the husband....if there is love, she ought to have been supportive this trying period...if a woman truly love you, she will not live you in difficult times
This is the problem. There is no such woman. Even yourself is like that. Unfortunately, guys never listen. grin

2 Likes

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by larryking540: 12:25am On Aug 25, 2019
futurism:
lol...true. I always counter their claims on here and that that mentality is super dangerous. A friend burnt through 25M for similar reason back in 2013-2015. That is like 50M in today's Nigerian currency.

The man who said money does not buy love was never stupid.

no worry the lve for money to chase chase girls go soon reduce for 9ja, just watch out, I believe the marriages dat are crashing of recent are the 21st century marriages, where girls marry a man who day barely know because of money, only to start pulling out,
the question is will any single guy say na single mother e wan go marry?

2 Likes

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by greggng: 12:26am On Aug 25, 2019
Martinez39:
This is the problem. There is no such woman. Even yourself is like that. Unfortunately, guys never listen. grin

Taa machine onu. ..I am not a woman except you wan bobrisky me
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Toks2008(m): 12:27am On Aug 25, 2019
Abo123:
I purposely registered a new name because of this story so that many people especially potential husbands can learn from this. I'll like to narrate the story in details so I want you to follow me.

It all started in 2011 when my brother got a contract job in Abuja. Then he met this lady when he went to our home town during a leave but she told him immediately that she can't date him because she's short but he kept persuading her as usual.

As time goes on she started crying that she is unable to pay her 300k school fees because her father is dead and her mum is not buoyant enough to continue the payment and she may withdraw as a result of this. So he offered to sponsor her education from 200level till she graduated and she agreed to date and later married her in 2014.

To make the long story short, he later got her and her two siblings well paid federal government job through his office and later got her a car. Less I forget that their marriage produced two children (a boy and a girl) in five years.

Unfortunately for him his contract job was terminated three months ago and he decided to give her 200k so that they can manage it for four months for food stuff and house keep but she told him that the money has been exhausted after two weeks. This caused a little quarrel and she decided to leave the house with both children and went to spend the week in a hotel.

This spark an annoyance of my family members and we decided to send two of our elderly brothers to her mum in our home town but the woman started sparking that she didn't wanted to marry him in the first place because he's short but she was the one that persuaded her to marry him.

They later had another quarrel last month and the lady took the children to her mum in the home town through a flat without informing the husband and any of our family member. So we decided not to call her and a court letter was issued to him for request of termination of the marriage.

Now the marriage is terminated and my brother is seriously depressed.

I really learnt a lot of lesson from this.

Lol! So your brother is depressed because one lady chose to unburden him.

Well I understand his desire but laslas the lady must rush back.

Abeg tell your broda to cheer up and focus on his life and if needs be let him go to the village to help the destiny of any sweet young lady by marrying her and move on.

3 Likes

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Martinez39(m): 12:27am On Aug 25, 2019
ubunja:
you're the same stubborn people the article goes out to.
Don't mind him. I always rub my hands in glee when these beta cucks are getting screwed by their NAWALTS. Even more funnier is when they had ridiculed red pill messages, mgtow men and your miseducations in the past. grin

Anyway, it's good news when they are burnt. With more men coming to their senses, the better it is for men.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by felaismyhero(m): 12:28am On Aug 25, 2019
AreaFada2:

Well, the lady takes at least 50% of the blame. She has no principles or morals. A short guy suddenly became eligible when she needed him to fund her studies. What of "for better for worse" she swore in the presence of God and human beings? She could have dated him BUT not take the oath of marriage.

Not everybody is an investor and many such are still married happily. It's not uncommon for a lady to first make "nyanga" when toasted, giving various excuses. A man at times has to persist if you love a woman.

Lessons for me are: many will follow you for money, including friends of any gender. Expect anything from anybody when things do not go smoothly. Loyalty nowadays is very scarce commodity.
brother,there is nothing like love.we have compatibility; 'love' is when both partners feel they are compatible,in op's case,the woman didnt feel compatible with the man.love is fake; no human is perfect match for another human.

3 Likes

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by obinnocity(m): 12:29am On Aug 25, 2019
This is not an unforgivable sin. Your brother should pray an recover his marriage. Much efforts should be made to bring her back and reconcile them. The trauma and the psychological effects will tell on their children's upbringing.
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Martinez39(m): 12:30am On Aug 25, 2019
greggng:

Taa machine onu. ..I am not a woman except you wan bobrisky me
You are a woman. When a woman speaks on certain issues, I know it's a woman. You are like that. Your love for your potential boyfriend, boyfriend or husband will fade when their is no more cash. You then loath him and, with disgust, wishes he would just go away. It's your nature. Can a lion eat grass? grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by imitateMe(m): 12:31am On Aug 25, 2019
successmatters:
Moral of the story, never lose your job.
You're dumb
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by larryking540: 12:32am On Aug 25, 2019
Elliot2:
No be small thing. I no to believe in jazz o,but this one weak me. Dude fought away all extended family members just cos of her. Dude is now saying he felt like a scale fell from his eyes. lol.

dude messed up big time, u day employ ur in laws for office while ur people day hux day fin job ,

the lady tell am say he short, he con go day use money day entise her, d guy fuuvked up, make he think of how to give the kids the best education,

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by greggng: 12:32am On Aug 25, 2019
Martinez39:
You are a woman. When a woman speaks on certain issues, I know it's a woman. You are like that. Your love for your potential boyfriend, boyfriend or husband will fade when their is no more cash. You then loath him and, with disgust, wishes he would just go away. It's your nature. Can a lion eat grass? grin

You have just finished me with laughter...I am not a woman ....woman no dey get prick o...
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by imitateMe(m): 12:33am On Aug 25, 2019
akinade28:
The lady is a golddigger sha, she didnt know he was short the first five years of the marriage when there was money? even if she was persuaded to marry him, was she forced? She could have said no and insisted she not marrying him. I think it is just a flimsy excuse to leave the marriage
I feel for your bro, It is so obvious the woman only married him out of pity because of his money and in order to repay the assistance render to her not because she loved him.
My opinion is that life is so unpredictable, that why careful consideration needs to be taken when choosing a spouse. Marriage is more than i have money or beauty.
I don't blame her, I blame the man. Sometimes there is no point in trying to man up to some situations. He should have done something much better with his money.

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by larryking540: 12:34am On Aug 25, 2019
Martinez39:

there is always a difference when a woman types a comment on Nairaland, u will just know once even when they hide their gender, na once u go take know say na woman u day comment with

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by imitateMe(m): 12:36am On Aug 25, 2019
GrabHisBalls:

Thank God he was broke. How else would he be free from that woman? Being broke isn't entirely bad, it gives you the opportunity to understand the people around you.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

What The Law Says About Next-of-kin In Nigeria / Fantasising In My Marriage. / Should The Man Pay It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.