Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady (91787 Views)

Journalist In Syria Explains Why He Still Washes Dishes After Marrying 3 Wives / American Woman Adopts Yoruba Name After Marrying Nigerian (photos) / My Life After Marrying A Philippine Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by MDBoss(m): 12:38am On Aug 25, 2019
1. Never in any way force a girl to date or marry you, initially, the woman told your brother the truth and why she couldn't date him. He bought her love with money. That was wrong foundation.
2. Never in any way spoil a girl with money, you won't be able to amend them if the situation goes wrong.
3. The woman is not a good wife material, let her go, if not, she might start dictating to you.

5 Likes

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by AreaFada2: 12:41am On Aug 25, 2019
DrObiHogan:
Once you're picking a wife as a Nigerian it's better u prepare your mind for this kind of eventualities. No matter how unpredictable and unprecedented the eventualities may be, just bear in mind that for every Nigerian girl, there are 80% chances she's a prostitute and 16% chances she's a gold digger. Now the remaining 4% depends on how lucky u get but from the beginning, the odds are against you as a man.

Dude, I thought I was very pessimistic about 9ja ladies but you beat me hands down. grin cheesy

So a man can marry two women and his chances of getting a decent one is till under 10%. Chai!

I have long said here on NL that girls have long overtaken men in promiscuity stakes. Due to materialism and poverty.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Martinez39(m): 12:44am On Aug 25, 2019
larryking540:

there is always a difference when a woman types a comment on Nairaland, u will just know once even when they hide their gender, na once u go take know say na woman u day comment with
Exactly! Some of them don't specify their gender and some hide behind a male moniker. However, when they type and you analyse their reasoning, you will know, without a doubt, you are dealing with a woman. Leopard no dey change hin spot. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Nobody: 12:45am On Aug 25, 2019
What a foolish br0ther you have, no offense intended.
I would've disbrothered him for this nonsense.
Short men and short sense.sad
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by madridsta007(m): 12:47am On Aug 25, 2019
Abo123:
I purposely registered a new name because of this story so that many people especially potential husbands can learn from this. I'll like to narrate the story in details so I want you to follow me.

It all started in 2011 when my brother got a contract job in Abuja. Then he met this lady when he went to our home town during a leave but she told him immediately that she can't date him because she's short but he kept persuading her as usual.

As time goes on she started crying that she is unable to pay her 300k school fees because her father is dead and her mum is not buoyant enough to continue the payment and she may withdraw as a result of this. So he offered to sponsor her education from 200level till she graduated and she agreed to date and later married her in 2014.

To make the long story short, he later got her and her two siblings well paid federal government job through his office and later got her a car. Less I forget that their marriage produced two children (a boy and a girl) in five years.

Unfortunately for him his contract job was terminated three months ago and he decided to give her 200k so that they can manage it for four months for food stuff and house keep but she told him that the money has been exhausted after two weeks. This caused a little quarrel and she decided to leave the house with both children and went to spend the week in a hotel.

This spark an annoyance of my family members and we decided to send two of our elderly brothers to her mum in our home town but the woman started sparking that she didn't wanted to marry him in the first place because he's short but she was the one that persuaded her to marry him.

They later had another quarrel last month and the lady took the children to her mum in the home town through a flat without informing the husband and any of our family member. So we decided not to call her and a court letter was issued to him for request of termination of the marriage.

Now the marriage is terminated and my brother is seriously depressed.

I really learnt a lot of lesson from this.

Sorry about this story from your brother.

That’s why I advise men (and women) to never be emotional about marriage. Once a lady shows certain signs which are danger signs for you, tell her to go. No one would die. Same with ladies— if he shows some danger signs, leave him. You won’t drop dead.

Again, my sympathies to your brother. He was never loved.

5 Likes

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Martinez39(m): 12:47am On Aug 25, 2019
greggng:

You have just finished me with laughter...I am not a woman ....woman no dey get prick o...
Don't live in denial. I am not fooled. Yimu.
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by AreaFada2: 12:47am On Aug 25, 2019
felaismyhero:
brother,there is nothing like love.we have compatibility; 'love' is when both partners feel they are compatible,in op's case,the woman didnt feel compatible with the man.love is fake; no human is perfect match for another human.

Well, bruv I still believe in love. I am not naive to believe in "Mills & Boon" kind of love but there is love. Not the infatuation type but one that grows over time between people. A couple need not be compatible ab initio BUT have to be complementary. Able to make reasonable adjustments and compromises along the way. They enhance the strengths of each other.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Elliot2(m): 12:50am On Aug 25, 2019
larryking540:

dude messed up big time, u day employ ur in laws for office while ur people day hux day fin job ,

the lady tell am say he short, he con go day use money day entise her, d guy fuuvked up, make he think of how to give the kids the best education,
make God help us o. At that point, to even care for the children go dey fear u. You can only imagine the upbringing she will give the children. She can teach them to hate you.
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Ladotrader(m): 12:54am On Aug 25, 2019
Abo123:
I purposely registered a new name because of this story so that many people especially potential husbands can learn from this. I'll like to narrate the story in details so I want you to follow me.

It all started in 2011 when my brother got a contract job in Abuja. Then he met this lady when he went to our home town during a leave but she told him immediately that she can't date him because she's short but he kept persuading her as usual.

As time goes on she started crying that she is unable to pay her 300k school fees because her father is dead and her mum is not buoyant enough to continue the payment and she may withdraw as a result of this. So he offered to sponsor her education from 200level till she graduated and she agreed to date and later married her in 2014.

To make the long story short, he later got her and her two siblings well paid federal government job through his office and later got her a car. Less I forget that their marriage produced two children (a boy and a girl) in five years.

Unfortunately for him his contract job was terminated three months ago and he decided to give her 200k so that they can manage it for four months for food stuff and house keep but she told him that the money has been exhausted after two weeks. This caused a little quarrel and she decided to leave the house with both children and went to spend the week in a hotel.

This spark an annoyance of my family members and we decided to send two of our elderly brothers to her mum in our home town but the woman started sparking that she didn't wanted to marry him in the first place because he's short but she was the one that persuaded her to marry him.

They later had another quarrel last month and the lady took the children to her mum in the home town through a flat without informing the husband and any of our family member. So we decided not to call her and a court letter was issued to him for request of termination of the marriage.

Moral lesson
She only have love for his money,no more money ,she gone
She behave like strippers
Money seeker , she'll surely regret it and I hope it won't get tool late for her to reconcile with her husband.
She just lost the real man
Money finish he's now a short man
Karma is bitch

2 Likes

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by NwaliE01: 12:55am On Aug 25, 2019
A precised lesson; never loose your job.
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by ubunja(m): 12:57am On Aug 25, 2019
felaismyhero:
lol.but a yoruba adage says: ki la fi n se oko obinrin,owo la fi n se oko obinrin(i hope i typed it right!) translation(what i think it means): what do we need to be a husband to a woman? money is what we need to be husband to a woman!
if money was the solution to getting women then world poverty would have ended a long time ago. But instead women lose virginity to broke players and get pregnant for losers who can't even support their kids

You guys really should open your eyes and see how the world around you works.

Rich men are only for marriage
Poor and broke dudes with game get these women fresh and young while they wanna taste life.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by jimcaddy(m): 1:00am On Aug 25, 2019
Classic Nigerian story. As long as a woman doesn't really love you, she will keep hanging on there for the money. When the money stops coming, she will leave you home and dry.. He should never have married that girl. Men who marry for beauty, I pity you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by ATTAHDYE(m): 1:01am On Aug 25, 2019
Please ensure you take turns to call/check him everyday to keep him alive. That he will live long to give his turn around testimony

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by needful: 1:01am On Aug 25, 2019
stag:
Is the only problem here losing his job, money?

- No stories of infidelity on her part?
- Had there been relative peace since the marriage?
- Can we then say that, apart from her love of money, she was a good wife?

Bro, how can your brother be in a contract job but fixed two of his in-laws in ‘well-paying’ Federal Government jobs with job security while he worked in a place without job security?

I do not know whether u are a he or she, but ur IQ is very high and I jealous u for that. U singled out an important point which made the whole story a total lies.
The only thing i see in the marriage is the man's family interfering into the marriage to the extent that they have finally chased her out of her husband house. Finish.

4 Likes

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by favour32(m): 1:09am On Aug 25, 2019
The wife never liked short persons in the first place and a short man came along.
Don't force a relationship because you have got money.
Rich or average avoid people that do not like your kind.

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Ifeanyimike123: 1:14am On Aug 25, 2019
All naija woman na money be their own no love again
Love is dead that's why I won marry oyibo they know real love

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by BuddhaPalm(m): 1:21am On Aug 25, 2019
Lesson: don't be short.
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by NNAMDIII(m): 1:23am On Aug 25, 2019
Abo123:

what is his height ?
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Originalsly: 1:38am On Aug 25, 2019
Hmmm.... this is a lesson for all those but I love her sooo much guys who get blinded by love ... do not look nor do not want to see warning signs. I wouldn't blame the wife.... he should lick his wounds... learn from his mistake and move on.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Nobody: 1:43am On Aug 25, 2019
Baba the lesson here is, never coarse or sweet talk anyone to marry you. Lady told you her preference yet you forced yourself to marry her. It's best the feeling is mutual.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by MondayOsunbor(m): 1:46am On Aug 25, 2019
Abo123:

Story true true no make sense
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by FarahAideed: 1:49am On Aug 25, 2019
Never persuade a woman who doesn't want you to want U
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Ryan03(f): 1:52am On Aug 25, 2019
madridguy:
Your brother deserves some slaps walahi. How could him persuade a woman to marry him after the lady has told him he's too short for her liking. He should have move to another woman that will accept him and his height.

Tell your brother to get strong muhiba and have back his wife.
they always think money is the way to a woman's heart. lol, she will love your money and dump you when it's gone
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Doyenro23(m): 1:52am On Aug 25, 2019
Women are wicked infact I'm cutting my dick right now grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by ityP(m): 1:54am On Aug 25, 2019
Your brother no too get sense. Any lady who sets conditions before she reciprocates the love you have for her never lived you in the first place. Secondly, no matter how rich you are, never sponsor a lady's education or set her up so big if she isn't your wife. And don't even promise to do so if she agrees to marry you. Thirdly, like sex, when a woman says NO to a relationship the first time, RUN! Don't wait to convince her. There are so many ladies out there, who are dying for you. Don't let one FOOL blind you to see the ones that have SENSE. Fourthly, your brother should get over the fool and and pick himself up. As long as his money was legit, he would get it back in the quickest possible time. He would find love again and this time, it will be for real. That's how KINGS behave. Peace!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by neyop85(m): 2:01am On Aug 25, 2019
successmatters:
Moral of the story, never lose your job.

You and all those who liked this quote are gold diggers. I pray never to meet people like you in life.

Bad eggs, heartless people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Fountainofyouth(f): 2:06am On Aug 25, 2019
Moral lesson, do not be a short man, cos even the money you have will not save you or increase your height.

2 Likes

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Nobody: 2:18am On Aug 25, 2019
stag:

But bro, how can your brother be in a contract job and he fixed two of his in-laws in ‘well-paying’ Federal Government jobs with job security while he worked in a place without job security?

Not all of us like the regular 8 to 4 jobs. Besides a single contract can cover years of govt paid salaries. My boss made over 40M as profits in contracts. The contract has ended but a wise investor knows what to do.

5 Likes

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by CandidNotes: 2:19am On Aug 25, 2019
Where did you see the quote below? Or was that his initial post? Anyway the post now says the lady's family filed for divorce not the poster's brother.
zeb04:

“Your family sent a letter by court asking for divorce “ is the problem here. After 2 quarrels?okay oh.

Who is depressed now, abi are you guys sharing in the depression abi it is only to issue letter y’all know.
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Nobody: 2:26am On Aug 25, 2019
Every thing about this life is give and take.

We are not in an era where companionship is paramount as a reason for marriage because the truth is we all have selfish desires...some out way that of others.

Females need these main things from males: money, protection and kids.
Any other thing( including you)is secondary or insignificant.

Males need these things from females; Nurturing, sex , sex ,sex, kids and sex.

Before you choose your partner, you have to know if truly you are compatible. Weigh your expectations and see if they match.

People are here criticising the female when her reason for ever considering marriage with the op's brother is boldly written in his right up.

You blame the female for not sticking with her marriage when her husband's money went dry.

Let me ask you, if after some years of marriage, you find out that either your wife cannot produce kids or isn't fit enough to perform her conjugal duties as a wife due to ill health or circumstances beyond her control, can you trust that your patience won't run thin faster? Of course, That would all depend on your own expectation from your marriage.

Again, everything in life is give and take.

You can't blame her for leaving because if the tables were turned, your own brother would possibly make the same choice....even worse, all thanks to the hypocritical society that fully permits ill behaviors and disloyalty exhibited by males.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

What The Law Says About Next-of-kin In Nigeria / Fantasising In My Marriage. / Should The Man Pay It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.