Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,947 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Laura Ikeji: Flogging Kids In Schools In Nigeria Should Be Made Illegal - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Laura Ikeji: Flogging Kids In Schools In Nigeria Should Be Made Illegal (22003 Views)

Laura Ikeji To Undergo Cosmetic Surgery Because Of Tonto Dikeh / Laura Ikeji And Her Son, Ryan Kanu Adorable In New Photo / King Kelly Exposes Laura Ikeji After She Sacked Him (2) (3) (4)

Re: Laura Ikeji: Flogging Kids In Schools In Nigeria Should Be Made Illegal by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 23, 2019
ThothHermes:
Post hoc ergo propter hoc. Kindly use Google.

ThothHermes:
It's a bit antediluvian to want to command respect by being physically imposing. Chances are they won't respect you no matter how big you become. How big can you even grow cryanyway?
Give them something to respect; your aura, your brains, project mysteriousness. Also be independent. Don't "send them message" unless it is absolutely necessary.
Nigerians worship money. I would suggest telling them to keep the change on occasion. Not always though as it could have unintended consequences.

I suspect the adults around do not regard you highly as well. The kids take their cue from them most probably.

This is the second ridiculous thread you are creating in succession.
Hope all is well

How old are you by the way

More of the same.

By your own personal opinion , Nigerians who were brought up by the rod worship money and have no values.
Why would they have regard for a diminutive person when all their life they are beaten into respecting might?
Re: Laura Ikeji: Flogging Kids In Schools In Nigeria Should Be Made Illegal by ThothHermes: 2:45pm On Aug 23, 2019
ornicus:

More of the same.

By your own personal opinion , Nigerians who were brought up by the rod worship money and have no values.
Why would they have regard for a diminutive person when all their life they are beaten into respecting might?
Is is that you did not Google the Latin expression or you did not understand what you read?
What are you doing going through my posts by the way?

We cannot proceed if you insist on logical fallacies.
Re: Laura Ikeji: Flogging Kids In Schools In Nigeria Should Be Made Illegal by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 23, 2019
ThothHermes:
Is is that you did not Google the Latin expression or you did not understand what you read?
What are you doing going through my posts by the way?

i'm not interested in wasting energy at your pretentious attempts at intellectualism.

post the meaning of the phrase and stop wasting my time

your own posts reinforce the exact thing i stated

Nigerians love to celebrate corporal punishment as a builder of character, inspite of the glaring evidence of our moral failures all around us.

you are claiming corporal punishment has value for building character , but you are at the same time saying that Nigerians are driven by money, have no value system etc. so what did all those beatings actually achieve - maybe a fondness for big latin phrases tongue on your part, and a fondness for continuing in a practice that yields next to nothing

make up your mind. stop wasting our time with pseudo intellectual spamming of latin quotes tongue tongue
Re: Laura Ikeji: Flogging Kids In Schools In Nigeria Should Be Made Illegal by ThothHermes: 2:53pm On Aug 23, 2019
ornicus:

i'm not interested in wasting energy at your pretentious attempts at intellectualism.

post the meaning of the phrase and stop wasting my time

your own posts reinforce the exact thing i stated

Nigerians love to celebrate corporal punishment as a builder of character, inspite of the glaring evidence of our moral failures all around us.

you are claiming corporal punishment has value for building character , but you are at the same time saying that Nigerians are driven by money, have no value system etc. so what did all those beatings actually achieve - maybe a fondness for big latin phrases tongue

make up your mind. stop wasting our time with pseudo intellectual spamming of latin quotes tongue tongue
Okay.

Je nke oma.
Hope I got my Igbo right.
Re: Laura Ikeji: Flogging Kids In Schools In Nigeria Should Be Made Illegal by damtan(m): 2:55pm On Aug 23, 2019
I know a Nigerian in UK who flogs her child underneath his foot and then cover it up by wearing stockings for him because SS must not find out.

Wanna make some side income? Check my signature
Re: Laura Ikeji: Flogging Kids In Schools In Nigeria Should Be Made Illegal by DeHumbleTboy: 2:55pm On Aug 23, 2019
Unfortunately we're Africans Nigeria for that matter. You see disciplining a child with cane runs in our blood but my mother shock me one day when she told me that my kid brother unknowingly spoiled her phone. I was like hmmm angry you must have cast out unknown demons from him. She said she have stop beaten my younger once no matter what it is. I was like hmm mom you're now imitating the whites abi? cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Laura Ikeji: Flogging Kids In Schools In Nigeria Should Be Made Illegal by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 23, 2019
ThothHermes:
Okay.

Je nke oma.
Hope I got my Igbo right.

who said i'm ibo?
Re: Laura Ikeji: Flogging Kids In Schools In Nigeria Should Be Made Illegal by TemmyT002(m): 3:03pm On Aug 23, 2019
Abeg carry your pikin go abroad
Re: Laura Ikeji: Flogging Kids In Schools In Nigeria Should Be Made Illegal by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 3:09pm On Aug 23, 2019
BluntBoy:

Even the likes of Soyinka who have always been very outspoken were disciplined by their very educated parents.

Fela's father was the principal of the secondary school that Soyinka went. He was known as Daodu and feared everywhere because of his cane. Did it make Fela or Koyi or Soyinka timid?

As a matter of fact, they had mad teachers in those days and many of their products came out exceptional.

It is careless to say that flogging causes a child to be timid.
So you believe flogging is what disciplines children shocked .
Some African parents sha. Flogging does not discipline kids it makes them fear you not respect you. Fear is not discipline.Children have rights try not to abuse, demean them and insult their dignity.
So if we marry na flogging you go take discipline our children. undecided.
Bluntboy with this comment I nor marry again cheesy
Re: Laura Ikeji: Flogging Kids In Schools In Nigeria Should Be Made Illegal by Leonbonapart(m): 3:14pm On Aug 23, 2019
Born2Breed:
Some people are confirmed idio.ts.

If you think sparing the rod spoils the child then flog your biological child, not the child I put in your care after paying you.

This has never happened to me and will never happen. If you flog my child then I flog you outside the school premises.

One silly woman on the run now,flogged her daughter to death all in the name of I don't want to spare the rod bull crap.

Most people supporting flogging ain't even married,carry belle and open ur leg to push baby out then u go understand mother hen and the chicks story.
shut your epileptic fingers and let reasonable people talk.
Dindirin
Re: Laura Ikeji: Flogging Kids In Schools In Nigeria Should Be Made Illegal by sinaj(f): 3:47pm On Aug 23, 2019
JuanDeDios:

See who's not reading between the lines now. smiley Yes, guns should be outlawed in any relationship between a policeman and an unarmed citizen.

Last line is the mistake you people keep making - that any of this talk is Western. No. Human values, human rights, etc., are universal, even if some societies have so far made more progress at codifying them than others. I know someone who was depressed and people accused her of being oyinbo!

I agree that different things will work for different kids. But have you ever seen a teacher finding out what works for kids and disciplining them accordingly? No - they take the cane to every kid that misbehaves or fails to show up with some fee. Why? Because caning is always done in ANGER. Ask any mother you see caning her child, she'll tell you it's because she wants to correct the child. But check her temperament at that moment, and all you'll see is anger.

The real issue for me, though, is whether caning works. Here in Nigeria there are some who will tell you they were never caned - are they worse off? In the absence of any scientific study on the matter here, the anecdotal evidence is clear that caning does not make kids turn out better. The one thing it achieves is that it makes parenting less time-consuming - you don't have to REASON or DISCUSS or NEGOTIATE with the child - just cane him and go back to pilling egusi or watching TV. This is intuitive, it's the lazy man's approach to parenting. Good parenting is not intuitive - it takes deliberate efforts.
We all entitled to our opinion and correct from our own perspective.
Re: Laura Ikeji: Flogging Kids In Schools In Nigeria Should Be Made Illegal by Reelstudio8: 4:42pm On Aug 23, 2019
Is it advisable for a christian to marry a Muslim ?
Is it advisable for a Muslim to marry a christian?
Join Nelson and her guests in conversation...and air ur opinion on this matter by following this link and also subscribe to our channel ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPQwAcSDJt8
Re: Laura Ikeji: Flogging Kids In Schools In Nigeria Should Be Made Illegal by pekisdgee(m): 5:49pm On Aug 23, 2019
Kingosytex:
Yeye de smell. She think say na America be dis? cheesycheesy

If you spare the rod, you spoil the child.

God tells us that if we neglect to discipline our child, we actually hate them. Why? Discipline is the only hope to correct bad behavior. It prevents the child from turning into a total rebel. God hates rebellion and compares it to witchcraft in First Samuel 15:23. Therefore, we show more love when we take the time to discipline a child, even if they become upset with us:
Re: Laura Ikeji: Flogging Kids In Schools In Nigeria Should Be Made Illegal by BluntBoy(m): 6:16pm On Aug 23, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:

So you believe flogging is what disciplines children shocked .
Some African parents sha. Flogging does not discipline kids it makes them fear you not respect you. Fear is not discipline.Children have rights try not to abuse, demean them and insult their dignity.
So if we marry na flogging you go take discipline our children. undecided.
Bluntboy with this comment I nor marry again cheesy

No o, my goddess. grin

However, I am not against using the whip sometimes, albeit in moderation.

Because of my undying love for you, I would only use the whip as a last resort.
Re: Laura Ikeji: Flogging Kids In Schools In Nigeria Should Be Made Illegal by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:23pm On Aug 23, 2019
BluntBoy:

No o, my goddess. grin

However, I am not against using the whip sometimes, albeit in moderation.

Because of my undying love for you, I would only use the whip as a last resort.

No use whip at all cheesy
That love has to die angry
Re: Laura Ikeji: Flogging Kids In Schools In Nigeria Should Be Made Illegal by BluntBoy(m): 6:26pm On Aug 23, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:
No use whip at all cheesy
That love has to die angry

Future impossible tense.

As always, I will remind you to consider me in your plans. I am not getting any younger o. grin
Re: Laura Ikeji: Flogging Kids In Schools In Nigeria Should Be Made Illegal by sluk(m): 6:29pm On Aug 23, 2019
Why can't she just train her kids alone and leave those innocent under paid teachers alone to think about their lives. Is she d first to have a child? All these over feeling numbs sef.
Re: Laura Ikeji: Flogging Kids In Schools In Nigeria Should Be Made Illegal by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:35pm On Aug 23, 2019
BluntBoy:

Future impossible tense.

As always, I will remind you to consider me in your plans. I am not getting any younger o. grin

But how can I marry you when I do not know you.
I cannot do online dating or long distance relationship tongue
This one na love impossible grin. Leave me jor cheesy
Re: Laura Ikeji: Flogging Kids In Schools In Nigeria Should Be Made Illegal by Born2Breed(f): 9:08pm On Aug 23, 2019
Leonbonapart:
shut your epileptic fingers and let reasonable people talk.
Dindirin

Says a thriving dumbo.....
Re: Laura Ikeji: Flogging Kids In Schools In Nigeria Should Be Made Illegal by tintingz(m): 9:36pm On Aug 23, 2019
sinaj:
Most african kids are well behaved compared to their white counterpart all thanks to flogging and punishment.

In as much as some parents and teachers abuse it same way drugs are abused, it shouldnt be taken away.

Before talking about making it illegal or having government taking people's kids, let her ask herself if the family court or social welfare unit is even effective. Is the government even capable of taking care of people's children?

She can as well experiment with her child here in naija or volunteer to teach in any high school in America to understand better before calling for the government to arrest parents that flog their kids.

How does flogging makes many Nigerian kids not become fraudsters? Nigeria has the highest scammers and corrupt leaders in the world, please tell me what's the use of flogging?

There are many ways to discipline a child than flogging.

Re: Laura Ikeji: Flogging Kids In Schools In Nigeria Should Be Made Illegal by kayalla(f): 10:29pm On Aug 23, 2019
if teacher no beat pikin their parents will.
Re: Laura Ikeji: Flogging Kids In Schools In Nigeria Should Be Made Illegal by IamPlato(m): 10:30pm On Aug 23, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:

But how can I marry you when I do not know you.
I cannot do online dating or long distance relationship tongue
This one na love impossible grin. Leave me jor cheesy
Its Been A While Ma Lady wink ... How Is Every Thing At Themescira?
Re: Laura Ikeji: Flogging Kids In Schools In Nigeria Should Be Made Illegal by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:34pm On Aug 23, 2019
IamPlato:
Its Been A While Ma Lady wink ... How Is Every Thing At Themescira?
Fine ooo. smiley
How do you do? cool cool
Re: Laura Ikeji: Flogging Kids In Schools In Nigeria Should Be Made Illegal by IamPlato(m): 12:07am On Aug 24, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:
Fine ooo. smiley How do you do? cool cool
All Good... Where Went Thou?
Re: Laura Ikeji: Flogging Kids In Schools In Nigeria Should Be Made Illegal by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:09am On Aug 24, 2019
IamPlato:
All Good... Where Went Thou?
Nowhere, I have been around on a lowkey busy on the outside world. I visit this forum not as frequent as before wink
I am now a member of the comment readers association of nairaland.
Re: Laura Ikeji: Flogging Kids In Schools In Nigeria Should Be Made Illegal by IamPlato(m): 7:13am On Aug 24, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:

Nowhere, I have been around on a lowkey busy on the outside world. I visit this forum not as frequent as before wink
I am now a member of the comment readers association of nairaland.
Na So. You Get Mouth jor... You Don Graduate! Congratulations! smiley
Re: Laura Ikeji: Flogging Kids In Schools In Nigeria Should Be Made Illegal by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:16am On Aug 24, 2019
IamPlato:
Na So. You Get Mouth jor... You Don Graduate! Congratulations! smiley
No lipsrsealed
Re: Laura Ikeji: Flogging Kids In Schools In Nigeria Should Be Made Illegal by IamPlato(m): 8:55am On Aug 24, 2019
Re: Laura Ikeji: Flogging Kids In Schools In Nigeria Should Be Made Illegal by BluntBoy(m): 11:47am On Aug 24, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:
But how can I marry you when I do not know you. I cannot do online dating or long distance relationship tongue This one na love impossible grin. Leave me jor cheesy
I will mention you on a dead thread.
Re: Laura Ikeji: Flogging Kids In Schools In Nigeria Should Be Made Illegal by wharley01(m): 2:54pm On Aug 24, 2019
phemy36:

And you call yourself a man. Using abusive words on a female quote is very wrong. You can contribute to the topic without abusing her now. Don't bother yourself to quote me because I will not reply you

but i can use abusive word on a man? idiot, you will still not get a pussy, pussy

Caption This Photo Of Sound Sultan,ay And 2face. / Desmond Elliot Meets With Road Transport Workers In Lagos / BBNaija's Mercy Eke's Father Is Dead

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51