Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,084 members, 7,811,041 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? - Islam for Muslims (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? (111474 Views)

Why Do Muslims Face The East ? / Why Do Muslims Face Mecca When Praying? / Why Do Muslims Face The Moon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by olabowale(m): 2:18pm On Oct 16, 2008
@Dafidixone: « #504 on: January 09, 2008, 05:18 PM »

Is it your dishonesty that made you posted same thing twice ?

Truth no matter how many will always be the same.

So tell me which is truth between the Bibles multiple headgod belief, and
the One single God Who alone is Lord God Eloi?
See how close Eloi is to Allah.
And notice how remote it is to Yahweh or jehovah!

Tell me then what classification, either falsehood or truthfulness can we
put Trinity considering the fact that it does not even appear as a word
but all of you claim that its concept is in there?

If this is the case, then argue it away, because the floor is now yours,
with Verse 29 of Mark 12! In this verse, Jesus from his own mouth says
that Lord God is One, and he and his listeners have Him as their Lord God.

Its interesting that we read Jesus acted violently against the Money changers
because of their charging of interests. It is this act that the post Jesus people
who claim to be "followers" of Jesus love so much, and copy the Jews exactly,
whom the exchangers are part of in the matter of religion.

Where is the Truth, my man?

« #505 on: January 09, 2008, 05:22 PM »
Muslim faces the east when praying to their god because their god is only living in the east.

The true God is everywhere Omnipresent.

Allah is "eastonlypresent"

Which one is "Omnipresent," from your three gods: Jesus whom you reported to have been killed?
Death does disprove "Ominipresence!"

Father God whom you said His word was killed? Is that true power? Omnipresence in this case is
not complete.
More importantly, absolute Lordship God means there is no one else equal! Your
father god failed that litmus test.

Ghost god whom you relegated to a mere errant god of Father. And he, the ghost is lower in rank
to the god who experienced death already! You have no idea what Omnipresence means, do you, really?

« #506 on: January 09, 2008, 05:24 PM »
The god of the muslim does not hear unless he read you lips so if you face other place you are on your own

I guess you forgot that Muslim bows and prostrates. In those positions, he/she says something, including
supplications.
How can an entity who only read lips, know what a person is saying in those times, in bowing
and prostrating positions? I summit to you that the entity must know what a person is saying, even when he
is not visually plausible to read lips.

In the case of Allah, He sees, hears and knows all things. Even when it is only in the heart. But even before
it is even in the heart. Thats how powerful Allah is! Always complete.

@pilgrim.1 (f): « #507 on: January 09, 2008, 05:58 PM »

@dafidixone,

Lol, abeg make una softly with these guys O! We don't want them to begin quarreling with Muhammad for shortchanging them!

Its like when you had no knowledge in Islam, and yet claimed to have been practicing and defending it, in Atlanta. Yet all you were doing was spitting out lies. Well, you have not changed a bit. Your case is like the case of leopard claiming to be a deer. The coat will betray it! How does your Trinity give you full measure?

Which one of your gods is complete enoughto give you full change? Well, evidently you do not have a "prophet," in Christianity! And if you claim you have, I will have many follow up questions for you. You will have to define what yardstick can we measure this prophet by? I know what we can measure Muhammad and Moses and Jesus (AS) by? Tell me who is the Christian prophet? You should earn your money right here and right now. I will not shortchange you! Nairaland organization and its community will defend your right!

A word of caution: Please do not rely on her coming back with truth. I will nail her to the cross, if she did. She will have to explain how god can be a prophet who is sent, if she has the strength to deceive us with Jesus, as her choice!

On the other hand, I was wondering if any[b] Muslim in the house would be willing to share what they know about where 'Allah' is situated.[/b]

Allah the Almight Lord God Creator, is above His "Throne Supreme." I am sure this is too much for you. Allah says He rises above His "Arsh, Throne." How He did it and other questions your Christian mind may ask will not matter. The unknown is not my concern. I hear and I obey in acceptance, since my human senses could never be good enough to verify the unseen and unknown. I do not freit myself about these things.

All things created, the heavens and the earth are in the view of the Almighty. The similitude of this is like that case of a grown person holding a boiled egg in his stretched hand, in front of his face, without anything between them as to obstruct his sight! Will it be difficult for this man to have full knowledge and the full possibility to exert the most humanly possible control on the egg? If he wishes he cracks it, peel the shell off and consume it as he wishes, with whatever resources available. If he wishes he holds it as long as he wishes or puts it in a place for later.

The case as described above of the man with the egg in hand, is extremely and incomparably inferior to the Highest of Superiority the position of Allah relative to all things created, things in existence. Are you in doubt of the power of the Almighty? Yes, I remember, you are from the group of people who worship the god who does not "Know the time of the HOUR!" I will not talk about the fig tree, and hunger and temptations here. I leave that for your conscience. Hopefully, you have one!

Now, before they scratch their heads wondering about the meaning of "omnipresent", let us simply offer that it ordinarily means "being present everywhere at once".

Was Jesus a fit for what is known as, "Omnipresent?" Please don't humor us, Pilgrim. I guess your knowledge about Islam was shallow even back when. You are still extremely shallow now. To be a ministry person, you must at least be able to speak the truth as expected. Oh sorry. You are a christian. Truth does not come to the lips easy. But deceit flows like water. Muhammad (AS), said to Abu Bakr (RA), when they both hid in the cave, as they were avoiding the pursuit of the Makkans, during their Hijr to Madina, that Allah is the third of them. Does that lead your mind to what truly Omnipresence, mean?"Now swallow that, since I have explained above to you and Dafidixone, the power of Allah and His Position relative to all the creations, things in existence.

Now, is 'Allah' omnipresent, or he sits stationary in the east?

I doubt you know what you are saying any longer. Tell me anywhere in the Qur'an that I or anyone can read that Allah is sitting and or "sits stationary in the east?" Please people watch what Pilgrim will do. She in her deceitful style will waffle. Okay she will behave like the swiss cheese. But the hole in her story will be too large that the largest fist can go through it. Even a whale can do a circus loop jump through it. She talks. But substanceless.

Perhaps this is not the right thread to discuss this; but we don't mind if any Muslim opens a new thread to discuss this issue and its implications.

We are here discussing it with you now. I hope the Nairaland organization and its moderators, will allow you and I to have a good and factual discussion here. I hope you know what it means factual. There is no needfor interpretation here. What is written on the pages of Qur'an is just that. No one will explain it away to mean exactly opposite it.

The opposite is what we find in the Bible. Otherwise how can Mark 12 verse 29 be not exactly what it is? How can Trinity will even be anything to be discussed, considering that it is so unimportant that it does not appear in the Bible!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by hauwie3: 10:04pm On Jun 12, 2009
Muslims face east when praying because the Kaaba is facing the east.

The kaaba is a house which prophet Ibrahim(A.S) and prophet Ismael(A.S) built as a sacred place for worshipping Allah. During the time of prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) the muslims used to face the Aqsa mosque when praying later, Allah Commanded prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) to face the kaaba which is in Mecca when praying. So, Muslims do not just face the east when praying, they are facing the kaaba from all directions.
Salaam.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by afix(m): 10:43am On Jun 16, 2009
SUN(B)
NORTH
FIRST 1/2 OF D EARTH (DAY)

SUN(C)WEST-------------------EASTSUN(A)
east west SECOND PART (NIGHT)

SOUTH
Firstly,i will begin by saying the SUN RIISES IN THE EAST AND SET IN THE WEST.From the way the sun moves it shows that at position A those on the first part of the earth will just be waking up from their sleep i.e the early rising sun(EAST),AND those at the second part of the earth will just be around 6;30pm(west) when the sun is setting.At position C those on the first part of the earth will be around around 6;30pm when the sun is setting(WEST) AND for those at the second part of the earth the sun will just be rising(east).SO THIS IS TO TELL U THAT EAST FOR THOSE ON FIRST HALF OF THE EARTH IS POSITION 'A' and for those on the second part is POSITION C.So Islamic scholars says facing 0-180 degrees from east to west u are still facing KIBLA.THIS IS JUST THE PRINCIPLE OF DAY AND NIGHT,IF THEIR IS NO 2 WEST AND 2 EAST AS STATED BY ALMIGHTY ALLAH IN QURAN 55;17,THEN THEIR WOULD BE NO DAY AND NIGHT.-------------'THINK DEEPLY davidlan,noectic and osisi.

QURAN 55;17 (HE IS) LORD OF THE TWO EAST AND LORD OF THE TWO WEST.

So what do u think,do u think PROPHET MUHAMMED who doesn't know how to read and write and who does not study geography as at then could be able to reveal THIS TRUTH TO MANKIND IF NOT ALMIGHTY ALLAH THAT REVEAL IT TO HIM.
My dear brothers and sisters in islam i could have drawn more diagrams but i am not good in using computer.To sister MUKINA2,BROTHER JARUS,BROTHER OLABOWALE,BROTHER BABS AND ALL MUSLIMS I SAY SALAM ALEKUN.
MA SALAM
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by afix(m): 6:02pm On Jun 16, 2009
If their is only one east and one west it means that only those at the first half of the earth will enjoy day and night and after then the earth will gone dark forever unless the sun moves clockwise.But surely the earth will continue to rotate round the sun and only one part of it will receive sunlight(day) and the other part night at any point in time.So any one who can dispute this should come with a scientifcaly proof argument and not mere reasoning.
NOW MY QUESTION;
1. WHEN THE SUN IS SETTING AT THE EQUATOR TO THE WEST OF THE FIRST PART OF THE EARTH IS IT RISEN AT THE OTHER PART OF THE EARTH OR DISAPPEARING MAGICALLY TO THE ONLY EAST ON YOUR OWN FOUR CARDINAL POINT?
2. THE DEFINATION OF EAST AND WEST
3.IF SAUDI ARABIA IS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE EARTH WILL ANYBODY BY FACING THE EAST WHERE THE SUN RISES IN HIS OR HER LOCALITY NOT FACING THE QIBLA?
4.AND WHY IS IT THAT EVEN IN LAGOS THERE IS SLIGHT DIFFERENCE IN WHERE THE SUN RISES AND SET AT DIFFERENT LOCATION?

FOR ALLAH SAYS IN QUR 2;115.AND TO ALLAH BELONG THE EAST AND WEST,SO WHEREEVER YOU TURN YOUR SELVES OR YOUR FACES THER IS THE FACE OF ALLAH.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by watchme(f): 10:39am On Feb 03, 2010
All Muslims should repent cos they are not on the right way.

Killing ur fellow human all in the name of religion of which any christian can not do. I know this is out of the topic but let us be considerate

How many christian countrys are producing Terrorist?

Why do they want to force everybody to change to their Islamic Religion

Please u people have to excercise some understanding and remember that Throughout the time of Jesus Christ he never killed but healed

Why should one be overwhelmed with a religion that warrants to kill a fellow human being?

Please you all should repent ; for the ones that are into Terrorist may God Forgive you all

Amen

through his beloved son Jesus Christ to bring salvation to all muslims

Amen
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by AbuZola3(m): 10:05pm On Feb 03, 2010
Any muslim who kill another person is a fanatic and not a muslim
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by ssjalo(m): 4:49pm On Aug 16, 2011
I doubt if you ever understand the above verse and that is the more reason we are having (****) people accepting Christianity as a religion. Thats the trap being used by Satan[color=#006600][/color], a wide gate leading to destruction and many people are following it.

TELL THEM CHRISTIANITY NOT BE NAME CARRY,BUT DEDICATION TO THE TEACHING OF JESUS AND FOLLOW HIS EXAMPLE.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Sweetnecta: 5:00pm On Aug 16, 2011
@ssjalo: follow his example[s] then;

dont ever marry.
disrespect your family because everyone is your family instead of your real one.
and volunteered to be killed by the angry mob/area boys. never mind he complained later.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by musakas(m): 4:40pm On Aug 17, 2011
muslim face east to pray as follow; prophet abraham build the holy ka,aba at mecca together with his son ismail.the ka,aba is a square building any country located at the west of the ka,aba will face east to pray.(2) any country located at east of the ka,aba will face east to pray.(3) any country located at the north of the ka,aba will face east to pray.(4) any country facind the south also fce the east to pray .
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by mustang44: 11:37am On Oct 13, 2013
Realpoint:

Thanks alot for the explaination so far brothers.A lot of points had been made for you guys on why Muslims face Kaaba not  East as the initial message wrote.
We are doing that out of obedient to Almight Allah,Who creats everything you can either see or know and those behind our ability to know. People mostly utter some words out of ignorance, If any of you wishes to know more on Islam or Muslims let him peak Al Quran and read it very well with all sincerity of knowing the truth.I believe God will show him alot of reality which are in Islam only and no other religion.

For the believes: ALLAH said they will never believe no matter what u show or tell them.

As for me I am proud to be a muslim that understand his religion very well.

Any matter on religion is very broad but most people know less about what they are talking about.I don't think any religion issue can be finalise online.

WHAT ARE THE REALITIES IN ISLAM THAT ARE NOT IN OTHER RELIGIONS? PLEASE NAME THEM!
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by mustang44: 11:50am On Oct 13, 2013
hauwie3: Muslims face east when praying because the Kaaba is facing the east.

The kaaba is a house which prophet Ibrahim(A.S) and prophet Ismael(A.S) built as a sacred place for worshipping Allah. During the time of prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) the muslims used to face the Aqsa mosque when praying later, Allah Commanded prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) to face the kaaba which is in Mecca when praying. So, Muslims do not just face the east when praying, they are facing the kaaba from all directions.
Salaam.
FIRST THINGS FIRST, ISHMAEL WAS NOT A PROPHET AND ABOVE ALL ABRAHAM AND ISHMAEL DID NOT BUILD THE KABAAH BECAUSE THEY DID NOT GO ANYWHERE CLOSE TO MECCA WHEN THEY WERE ALIVE. ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY ALLAH TOLD MUHAMMAD TO PRAY FACING JERUSALEM AND LATER CHANGED HIS MIND AND TOLD MUHAMMAD TO PRAY FACING MECCA? REMEMBER MUSLIMS SAY ALLAH IS ALL KNOWING. THE GOD OF THE BIBLE IS NOT A FICKLE GOD!
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by mustang44: 12:02pm On Oct 13, 2013
musakas: muslim face east to pray as follow; prophet abraham build the holy ka,aba at mecca together with his son ismail.the ka,aba is a square building any country located at the west of the ka,aba will face east to pray.(2) any country located at east of the ka,aba will face east to pray.(3) any country located at the north of the ka,aba will face east to pray.(4) any country facind the south also fce the east to pray .
FIRST THINGS FIRST, ISHMAEL WAS NOT A
PROPHET AND ABOVE ALL ABRAHAM AND
ISHMAEL DID NOT BUILD THE KABAAH
BECAUSE THEY DID NOT GO ANYWHERE
CLOSE TO MECCA WHEN THEY WERE ALIVE.
ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY Allah TOLD
MUHAMMAD TO PRAY FACING JERUSALEM
AND LATER CHANGED HIS MIND AND TOLD
MUHAMMAD TO PRAY FACING MECCA?
REMEMBER MUSLIMS SAY Allah IS ALL
KNOWING. THE GOD OF THE BIBLE IS NOT
A FICKLE GOD!
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by dnoorayn: 9:56pm On Nov 06, 2013
Some one said ishmael never went near mecca,but then what happened to him? Because the last time i checked,it wasnt mentioned in the bible what happened to him or even his mother. The rule is face the sacred mosque in mecca wherever you are. Who is the all knowing that thinks the chinese also face the east? Now answer these questions. Where in the bible were the christians asked to go to church on sundays? The last time i checked,jesus bow down and pray to God. How come the christians sing and dance?
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by dnoorayn: 10:05pm On Nov 06, 2013
Funny how people believe what is written in newspapers but will debunk that which is revealed by the most high.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by dnoorayn: 10:11pm On Nov 06, 2013
If you dont understand the concept of jihad,then shut up. If all muslims are killers like you said,i dont think you will be alive to post on nairaland.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Empiree: 1:52am On Jan 14, 2015
This is 2015. Keep this going....
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 14, 2015
olutomiwa:
Why do muslims face the East when praying?is that where Allah lives or there is a spiritual meaning to it?me think God is everywhere and you can talk to him facing ANYWHERE or what do you think.

Muslims do not face east when they are praying, except when they are in a country whose position is directly west of the Kaaba which is in Makkah. Muslims in Japan, China, Indonesia, Malaysia would have to face west or slightly south-west or north-west (depending on the location), While those in certain parts of Europe would have to face south. The actual picture worldwide is that of concentric circles; with the Kaaba as the centre, one or more of which groups is always in salat (depending on time zones). To better understand, look at videos of prayer in the mosque in Makkah. There is a circle of worshippers all facing the Kaaba, from all points of the compass. There is hence, an ever widening series of concentric circles of worshippers spreading out from that point.

The use of the Kaaba as a focal point is to promote the concept of order and unity among muslims. There are no spiritual meanings attached to it. And Allah knows best.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Empiree: 5:47pm On Apr 14, 2018
nossycheek:

Spoke my heart. Please do all east wherever you are add up to kaaba?
Me I no do geography and I want to know.
"Verily! We have seen the turning of your (Muhammad) face towards the heaven. Surely, We shall turn you to a Qiblah (prayer direction) that shall please you, so turn your face in the direction of Al-Masjid- al-Haram (at Makkah). And wherever you [believers] are, turn your faces (in prayer) in that direction. Certainly, the people who were given the Scriptures (i.e. Jews and the Christians) know well that, that (your turning towards the direction of the Ka'bah at Makkah in prayers) is the truth from their Lord. And Allah is not unaware of what they do". Q2:144

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Prayers For Couples Trying To Conceive A Child (TTC) / The Nafilat In The Night Of Ramadan / Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.