Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,176 members, 7,811,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? - Islam for Muslims (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? (111486 Views)

Why Do Muslims Face The East ? / Why Do Muslims Face Mecca When Praying? / Why Do Muslims Face The Moon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by tlops(m): 1:09pm On Jun 11, 2007
simple question, simple answer some1 call am babes. na wa o.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by AlRaheem(m): 1:56pm On Jun 11, 2007
@Topic only lowlife!!!
Islam Condems Suicide, Homosexuality, idol worshipin. Sounds familiiar
Do u even know of the "Mosaic Law" The Best law ever. U won't get it if you don't keep up strictly w/life like the rest of us. Evil is cool to u. But who will remain standing, we shall see. Shame is a very valuable and essential tool to have in life
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by AlRaheem(m): 2:00pm On Jun 11, 2007
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by thesilent1(m): 2:40pm On Jun 11, 2007
@ tlops,

i was actually praising the simplicity yet accurateness of your answer. believe me i was in no way being negative about your post.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by needeeg(m): 8:52pm On Jun 12, 2007
Hmm, Mr. Silent wink wink
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by tlops(m): 12:10pm On Jun 13, 2007
thesilent1:

@ tlops,

i was actually praising the simplicity yet accurateness of your answer. believe me i was in no way being negative about your post.

No wahala
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by stimulus(m): 10:56pm On Jun 29, 2007
The one good thing about this thread is that Muslims have come to understand their own religion the way they never did before! cheesy

Bottomline: they don't face the "East"; rather, they face the Qiblah, abi? grin
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Kuns: 4:01pm On Jul 06, 2007
The Muslim actully copied the facing of the east to pray from the Christians.

You will find this in the bible of Daniel where Daniel faced east to pray.

And the Jews got it from the Ancient Tamareans (Nubians/African/Egyptians).
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by IDINRETE: 6:59am On Jul 07, 2007
kuns kuns

i can see that you are into Egyptology, have you heard of Gerald Massey ? if not you can google his articles ,very informative and educative check it out.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by pilgrim1(f): 8:23am On Jul 07, 2007
Kuns:

And the Jews got it from the Ancient Tamareans (Nubians/African/Egyptians).

And who were the ancient Tamareans praying to?
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Shibrette: 3:13pm On Aug 07, 2007
I read the first six pages or so of this post and couldn't anymore, the oyinbo and geography and everitin was too much. The only question I can ask is "What is the point?" Christians, my understanding of being a Christian is to walk as Christ and to live our lives as he did. Would Christ be bent on proving to the other guy that his religion is this or that? Of course Christ believed he was the Son of God, but I haven't come across that part of the bible where he condemned the non believers. Why all the religious intolerance? Why are we so eager to attack and tear apart what other people believe in? There are aspects to our religion (Christianity) that could also be the topic for 20, 30 page long threads, but is that what defines our love for Christ? Isn't it all personal? A personal experience? A personal discovery?
I noticed a lot of the Christians were not in anyway ready to accept any of the explanations that the muslim brethren gave, cos it seems to me you have your mind set on what the answers should be.
Why as Christians do we celebrate Christmas on December 25th? Why do we kneel when we pray? Why do some women folk cover their hair when in church? Why? Why? Why? For me, my personal beliefs are beyond all these technicalities.
My faith tells me that Jesus Christ is the way the truth and the life, but I will not go on and on trying to prove to the next guy that i'm on the right path, and he's just being silly taking the other way.
Christianity is not about logic or intelligence or geography or correct grammer, its about knowing Christ and striving to draw others on to him, I don't think arguments and maps and etc etc are a good way to do so.
I have Muslim friends and I don't necessarily agree with all they do (they would say the same about me too), but i just don't think it makes any sense arguing and stepping on any one's toes just cos I want to prove a point
I'm not a pastor or preacher or anything like that, just someone realizing more and more by the day that she really needs her God to get through this life.
Pls let's stop all this debating, I noticed a lot of name calling too n I was like "Wow!!! I just don't the point of all this, "
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 09, 2007
Bro shibrette,the debate ended a month ago,why are you reopening it?
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Shibrette: 7:33pm On Aug 09, 2007
Hi Babyosisi,
I'm no bro, whatever at all that means smiley
I only recently came across the topic (the day I posted actually) n really had to put in my 2 cents.
i don't want to re-open the debate oh! shocked I thought that would be obvious.
In fact, I hope this is the last post ever on this topic. lipsrsealed
Just needed to speak my mind, that's all. A day later, a month later, a year later
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 09, 2007
ok sister shibby grin
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by PTH(m): 10:26pm On Aug 09, 2007
another member of the CCCA. undecided

Shibrette:

Of course Christ believed he was the Son of God, but I haven't come across that part of the bible where he condemned the non believers.

Matthew 23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

Matthew 23:29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God

Read ur bible well before making uninformed self righteous comments.

Shibrette:

Why all the religious intolerance?

What do you define as religious intolerance? Every and any attempt to point out errors and contradictions in islam? When have u ever seen christians burning mosques, refering to muslims as infidels, apes and pigs or going on rampage in the name of Christ? When will all these PC stop?
Why are you hypocrites silent when muslims EXHIBIT CLEAR and most times violent acts of intolerance?

Shibrette:

Why are we so eager to attack and tear apart what other people believe in?

the first question u should be asking is why are they so eager to attack and kill us for what we believe?

Shibrette:

Isn't it all personal? A personal experience? A personal discovery?

If it were just "personal" Christ would not have told us to - Mark 16:15 . . . Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Shibrette:

Why as Christians do we celebrate Christmas on December 25th?

1. no where in the bible are we expressely asked to celebrate christmas.
2. even a child knows Christ was not born on Dec 25 as shepherds could not have been watching their flocks by night in the snow.
3. why then do we celebrate christmas? Simple - . . .this do in remembrance of me.

Shibrette:

Why do we kneel when we pray?

this is no hard and fast rule, there is no biblical law commanding us to kneel when we pray and not every christian does so.

Shibrette:

Why do some women folk cover their hair when in church?

not all women do; those that do do so in respect of this - 1 Cor 11: 5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.
Those that dont claim to do so because of - 1 Cor 11: 15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.

there is no ambiguity there. Everyone does as the Lord leads them.

Shibrette:

My faith tells me that Jesus Christ is the way the truth and the life, but I will not go on and on trying to prove to the next guy that i'm on the right path, and he's just being silly taking the other way.

Of what purpose then is the essence of evangelism?

Shibrette:

Christianity is not about logic or intelligence or geography or correct grammer, its about knowing Christ and striving to draw others on to him, I don't think arguments and maps and etc etc are a good way to do so.

how do you do so when as you claim christianity is "personal" and "will not go on and on trying to prove to the next guy that i'm on the right path, and he's just being silly taking the other way".

Shibrette:

I have Muslim friends and I don't necessarily agree with all they do (they would say the same about me too), but i just don't think it makes any sense arguing and stepping on any one's toes just because I want to prove a point

we all have muslim friends too, infact some like me grew up completely surrounded by muslim neighbours, friends, landlords. We all partook of the salah together, not once did we threaten them with hell and the bible. The difference is some of us wont sit by and hypocritically accept others deliberately maligning what we believe in.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by YOUNGDICEs(m): 10:27pm On Aug 09, 2007
mecca is on the east caba is on the east.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by 786: 11:27pm On Dec 05, 2007
THEY DONT THIS WILL PROVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OUWKoN1dW-Q

http://www.miraclesofthequran.com/scientific_index.html (LOOK AT THIS ITLL LEAVE YOU GOBSMACKD IT DID TO ME)
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Rashedu(m): 4:38pm On Dec 06, 2007
You have no point of saying that muslim face the East when praying, in that case, can somebody tell me while all the christian can not going to desame church.

Why some christian does not like Celestial, is it not because of their evil-malpractice are they not christian.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by OMUWUNMI: 9:16pm On Dec 06, 2007
Rash_edu:

You have no point of saying that muslim face the East when praying, in that case, can somebody tell me while all the christian can not going to desame church.

Why some christian does not like Celestial, is it not because of their evil-malpractice are they not christian.
ansa the question and stop wasting our time if you no know just talk say yo no know and we mohammed go understand say you no know.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by cgift(m): 9:22pm On Dec 06, 2007
Rash_edu:

Where is this person from nauw! Seems like your posts reveals your age or reasoning-ability.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by pilgrim1(f): 8:50pm On Dec 10, 2007
786:

THEY DONT THIS WILL PROVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OUWKoN1dW-Q

http://www.miraclesofthequran.com/scientific_index.html (LOOK AT THIS ITLL LEAVE YOU GOBSMACKD IT DID TO ME)

How many times have the so-called "scientific discoveries" in the Qur'an been exposed for the show-craft that it was?
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by pilgrim1(f): 8:55pm On Dec 10, 2007
@Rash_edu,

Rash_edu:

How do they correllate? That is why the Sunnis are planning to wipe your Sufi group and deny you the entrance to Paradise! grin

I have read this thread through again - interesting exchanges, and yet I seem to often be entertained by the weak arguments offered by Muslims.

Rash_edu:

Hmmm. . . evil malpractice, you say? I don't know what evils the Wahabis see in the other brnaches of Islam that they are set to wipe everybody off the face of the planet! Asides, why have Sunnis and Shiites grabbed one another at their throats to prove who's the better 'evil advocate' among your folks?

Dear Rash, easy on your misconceptions. . . they do not tally with what's been discussed here.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by olabowale(m): 10:19pm On Dec 10, 2007
@Pilgrim.1: You are always itchy for a fight?
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by pilgrim1(f): 4:53pm On Dec 14, 2007
olabowale:

@Pilgrim.1: You are always itchy for a fight?

@olabowale,

Nope. Why should I be itching for one in my pointing out the duplicity in those posts?
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by mrpataki(m): 7:19pm On Dec 14, 2007
This topic has been over dealt with. grin
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by OMUWUNMI: 8:05pm On Dec 14, 2007
mrpataki:

This topic has been over dealt with. grin
for where?wen me i never give am my blow,this thread go hear weeeeeeeeeen for our hands until we dey satisfy wid dem{muslims}answer. grin grin
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by MrTurkey(m): 10:04pm On Dec 14, 2007
grin
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Nobody: 1:54am On Dec 26, 2007
allah IS NOT LORD GOD ALMIGHTY

Again let me give you bible verse(es) and exhortation that show the false worship and believe as practised by muslims:

Take note muslims face the east (the sun or at least the rising of the sun) for their prayers and commit violence in the name of their false god called allah, now compare the abomination that muslims are doing to what the bible has to say in the book of Ezekiel.
[
Eze 8:15 Then said he unto me, Hast thou seen this, O son of man? turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations than these.
Eze 8:16 And he brought me into the inner court of the LORD'S house, and, behold, at the door of the temple of the LORD, between the porch and the altar, were about five and twenty men, with their backs toward the temple of the LORD, and their faces toward the east; and they worshipped the sun toward the east.
Eze 8:17 Then he said unto me, Hast thou seen this, O son of man? Is it a light thing to the house of Judah that they commit the abominations which they commit here? for they have filled the land with violence, and have returned to provoke me to anger: and, lo, they put the branch to their nose.
Eze 8:18 Therefore will I also deal in fury: mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity: and though they cry in mine ears with a loud voice, yet will I not hear them.
]

So you see that (ignorant or conscious worship of the sun / demons / devil) is what you muslims are doing. Also by your constant jihad and violence you have filled the land with violence, just like in Eze 8:17

Please I beg in you Repent, Confess your sins and accept the Lord Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, it doesn't matter whether or not you are born into Islam at least you now know the truth, don't continue in this abomination and sinful way of life. It is might be possible to forcefully convert people to little islam, yet in the long run it is not sustainable as the TRUTH WILL ALSO PREVAIL (The lies and deceit of islam (via mohammed, allah et al) becomes understandable when one realises that it is very dangerous for the life of someone to convert away from islam. So that fear of repercussion would make people continue in what they blatantly know is a false belief.

It is not a coincidence that the prophecies of the bible about the end of days are coming to pass, it is not a coincidence the Christians still exist and are going to exist and reign with Christ despite the amount of killing, persecution, matrydom, estrangement , jailing , condemnation they have faced and are still facing from either their friends,family, relations, work place, country, government, kingdom.

I am happy to tell you that another prophecy would soon come to pass the prophecy is that about to be fufilled:

[Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. ]

Please olabowale , the truth is that I would rather to you win the argument, satisfy your flesh and but that the Holy Spirit convinces you and wins your Soul for Christ , because at the end of the day. There is much joy in heaven for every soul that is saved, your souls are more important that the argment about whether or not you believe that allah, quran, mohammed are false.

I pray that God in His Mercies would have mercy on you and let His Holy Spirit bring you to understanding, repentances and salvation of your souls. Salvation does not come from how many good works you have done , salvation does not come from the excuse of knowing the truth, It is written "I am the way, the truth and the life, no one commeth to the Father except through me" Jesus is only way to God, not mohammed, not allah, not five daily prayers, not saka, saraa, not by going to stone the devil in saudi arabia, not by wearing skimpy trousers, not by keeping long beards, not by not drinking alcohol, not by not smoking, not by not having sex, not by giving people alms, etc all those things are works of righteousness , unfortunately it is written that "they are filthy rags before God". God's free gift of salvation through Christ is free , it cannot be bought or earned through allah, not through mohammed, not through suicide bombing, not through jihad, not through political power, not through being moral, instead it is simlpy through JESUS CHRIST, the one and only begotten of the FATHER.

[Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: ]

Look if you afraid of losing all your comforts, pleasures, pride and priviledges , ask yourself which is more important. Is it your soul or the worldly riches. [Mar 8:36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?]

neither mohammed nor allah has promised you anything that you can trust, the heaven (actually hell) that they have promised you is nothing but false sexual and materialistic desires (virgins for what) . The heaven that Jesus Christ is promising you is true, in the heaven Jesus Christ has promise there os no marriage no sex :

[color=#990000][Mat 22:24 Saying, Master, Moses said, If a man die, having no children, his brother shall marry his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother.
Mat 22:25 Now there were with us seven brethren: and the first, when he had married a wife, deceased, and, having no issue, left his wife unto his brother:
Mat 22:26 Likewise the second also, and the third, unto the seventh.
Mat 22:27 And last of all the woman died also.
Mat 22:28 Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her.
Mat 22:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.
Mat 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven. ]

[Joh 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. ]

[Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.] Jesus Christ has promised you for a certainty what you are going to have waiting for you as a believer:
[Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. ]
[Rev 21:10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
Rev 21:11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;
Rev 21:12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:
Rev 21:13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.
Rev 21:14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
Rev 21:15 And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.
Rev 21:16 And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.
Rev 21:17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.
Rev 21:18 And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.
Rev 21:19 And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;
Rev 21:20 The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.
Rev 21:21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.
Rev 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
Rev 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
Rev 21:24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
Rev 21:25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
Rev 21:26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
Rev 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life. ]

[color=#000099]Please muslims and other non-christian individuals I beg you not to waste your soul , because it is appointment unto man to die once after that judgment. There are a lot of examples and testimonies out there that would convince you about the deceit of islam, mohammed, allah and about the TRUTH OF CHRIST AND THE BIBLE . People like Hitler,mohammed and alexander the great don't have the chance of a salvation that you now have through Christ , please take it, You can get countless fufillment of bible prophesy if you earnestly seek them , so please don't waste your life and soul, Good as given you a free gift of salvation:

[Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. ]

[Rom 5:15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many. ]

[Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. ]

[Rom 5:16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification. ]

[Rom 5:17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.) ]

[2Co 9:15 Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift. ][/color][/color]
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by cute9jaguy(m): 2:03am On Dec 26, 2007
[s]So you see that (ignorant or conscious worship of the sun / demons / devil) is what you muslims are doing[/s].
hmmmmmmm
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by babs787(m): 12:45pm On Dec 26, 2007
@SysUser

Funny how you lift verses without proper understanding. You lifted verses where they worshipped sun, forgetting that that led to your EASTER CELEBRATION. Go to the thread and you will read your response therein but when I am less busy, I will still provide additional verses from your bible to show you what christianity is all about.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 26, 2007
Funny how you lift verses without proper understanding. You lifted verses where they worshipped sun, forgetting that that led to your EASTER CELEBRATION. Go to the thread and you will read your response therein but when I am less busy, I will still provide additional verses from your bible to show you what christianity is all about.

@babs787 @olabowale

You babs787 , you have simply tried your best to trivialise issues and divert attention to something else from issues raised, while at the same time, you have not answer questions raised. All you have done is repeat the same mantra or dodge it by saying things like "okay" or "I will give you prove"

First and foremost Let me answer your question about how I lifted verses without understanding:

Did I lift those bible verses from the book of Ezekiel concerning people facing the east as a mode of worship, MY ANSWER IS YES.

Did I think those bible verses from Ezekiel were a revelation of what Muslims are doing today (when one considers that they also face east), once again MY ANSWER IS YES

Secondly,you have implied that Jesus came only for the jews , well that implication is not true (even though you are trying your best to twist the truth). As a matter of fact Jesus Christ came and died for everybody both Jews and Gentiles and you will see this from the follwoing verses contrary to the misleading information you were trying to give to (yourself and readers on this forum):
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[1Co 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. ]

[Rom 3:29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also: ]

[Rom 9:24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles? ]

[Gal 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. ]

[Eph 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
]

[
Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
]

[
Act 10:42 And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.
Act 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
Act 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
]
[
Act 11:1 And the apostles and brethren that were in Judaea heard that the Gentiles had also received the word of God.
Act 11:2 And when Peter was come up to Jerusalem, they that were of the circumcision contended with him,
Act 11:3 Saying, Thou wentest in to men uncircumcised, and didst eat with them.
Act 11:4 But Peter rehearsed the matter from the beginning, and expounded it by order unto them, saying,
Act 11:5 I was in the city of Joppa praying: and in a trance I saw a vision, A certain vessel descend, as it had been a great sheet, let down from heaven by four corners; and it came even to me:
Act 11:6 Upon the which when I had fastened mine eyes, I considered, and saw fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.
Act 11:7 And I heard a voice saying unto me, Arise, Peter; slay and eat.
Act 11:8 But I said, Not so, Lord: for nothing common or unclean hath at any time entered into my mouth.
Act 11:9 But the voice answered me again from heaven, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.
Act 11:10 And this was done three times: and all were drawn up again into heaven.
Act 11:11 And, behold, immediately there were three men already come unto the house where I was, sent from Caesarea unto me.
Act 11:12 And the Spirit bade me go with them, nothing doubting. Moreover these six brethren accompanied me, and we entered into the man's house:
Act 11:13 And he shewed us how he had seen an angel in his house, which stood and said unto him, Send men to Joppa, and call for Simon, whose surname is Peter;
Act 11:14 Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.
Act 11:15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.
Act 11:16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.
Act 11:17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?
Act 11:18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.
]

[
1Ti 3:14 These things write I unto thee, hoping to come unto thee shortly:
1Ti 3:15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.
1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
]

babs787, you would that the word "world" here means and contains both Jews and Gentiles, so your misleading mantra and diversion about Jesus Christ coming just for the jews is not true. What you are talking about is just lies , and desperate efforts to look for a way out for islam where there is non.
Again look at further bible verses that disprove you lies , about Jesus, Jews and Gentiles:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[
Mat 12:15 But when Jesus knew it, he withdrew himself from thence: and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all;
Mat 12:16 And charged them that they should not make him known:
Mat 12:17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying,
Mat 12:18 Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.
Mat 12:19 He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets.
Mat 12:20 A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.
Mat 12:21 And in his name shall the Gentiles trust.
]

Again let us consider those things that were talked about concerning Jews and Christians even while Jesus was still young:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[
Luk 2:25 And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.
Luk 2:26 And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.
Luk 2:27 And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law,
Luk 2:28 Then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said,
Luk 2:29 Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word:
Luk 2:30 For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,
Luk 2:31 Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people;
Luk 2:32 A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.
]

Concerning your misleading lies about Paul here are some bible verses to reveal the truth about Paul, and show why what you said about Paul are all lies from th pits of hell.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Act 9:1 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,
Act 9:2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.
Act 9:3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:
Act 9:4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
Act 9:5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
Act 9:6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.
Act 9:7 And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.
Act 9:8 And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus.
Act 9:9 And he was three days without sight, and neither did eat nor drink.
Act 9:10 And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord.
Act 9:11 And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and enquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth,
Act 9:12 And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight.
Act 9:13 Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:
Act 9:14 And here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on thy name.
Act 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:
Act 9:16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.
Act 9:17 And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.
Act 9:18 And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.
Act 9:19 And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus.
Act 9:20 And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.
Act 9:21 But all that heard him were amazed, and said; Is not this he that destroyed them which called on this name in Jerusalem, and came hither for that intent, that he might bring them bound unto the chief priests?
Act 9:22 But Saul increased the more in strength, and confounded the Jews which dwelt at Damascus, proving that this is very Christ.
]

As the saying goes : If it looks like shit and smells like shit and feels like shit and , aaahaaargaaa, also tastes like shit, THEN IT IS SHIT

The truth is that islam, allah and mohammed (the horney sexual peadophile that he is) all look like fakes/false/liars, they are smell like fakes/false/liars, they all feel like fakes/faslse/liars, they all taste like fakes/false/liars. THEY ARE FAKES/LIARS/FALSE
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by pilgrim1(f): 2:39pm On Dec 26, 2007
@babs787,

babs787:

Funny how you lift verses without proper understanding.

What proper understanding have you demonstrated in your quoting Biblical verses? grin

babs787:

You lifted verses where they worshipped sun, forgetting that that led to your EASTER CELEBRATION.

Another rigid fallacy! grin Please show us the HISTORICAL FACT that those verses "led to EASTER CELEBRATION". You wan take style divert the topic just now. . . which is what you often do whenever you duplicity is starring you in the face!

babs787:

Go to the thread and you will read your response therein

Which is another way of saying you found this thread a bit surprising for your visit! grin No worries. . . it is only a matter of time when we see how many more deceptions you would have harvested from your errand boys to post here again!

babs787:

but when I am less busy, I will still provide additional verses from your bible to show you what christianity is all about.

Oh, really? cheesy When I'm less busy as well, we shall have good occasion to see the duplicity of Muhammad's adventures in the Qur'an. For the meantime, please park your shakara one side and simply show us where you got the LIE from that the Qur'an came to "correct" the Biblical scriptures.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Prayers For Couples Trying To Conceive A Child (TTC) / The Nafilat In The Night Of Ramadan / Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.