Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,571 members, 7,816,403 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Tips On How To Get Over Him/her - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Tips On How To Get Over Him/her (1135 Views)

Tips On How To Fall Out Of Love For Ladies / Tips On Finding A Wife For Single Guys / 5 Tips On How To Forget Someone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips On How To Get Over Him/her by misright(f): 11:06am On May 16, 2007
Ok, no offense here, but these "how do I get over him/her" are getting kind of tiring. It's been done over and over with generally the same advice over and over. So, here are some tips on how to get over them after a breakup, please add anything that I may have missed.

1) Cut off all communication: that means don't talk to them; delete/erase phone numbers, e-mail addresses, IM addresses, etc.; don't look up profiles or seek them out in any way, shape or fashion. This will keep you from that urge to contact them.
2) Get rid of any gifts, notes, letters, etc. that are sentimental to you: don't give them back to your ex. Give them away to Goodwill, whatever. Do not keep them.
3) Hang out with friends.
4) Don't jump into another relationship. This is unfair to a new partner if you are not over your ex.
5) Do something active: run, exercise, go see a movie, go shopping, etc.
6) Try to think about all the things you did NOT like about your partner. People break up for a reason.
7) Write your thoughts down in a journal or write a letter to your ex about how you feel about everything, DO NOT give it to them.
cool Remember to not be afraid to be alone. It's not the end of the world and you will always find someone else down the road. It is OK to be alone.
9) Do not try and be friends with your ex UNLESS you can get over them. Once you are over them, then you can think about being friends with them. If you are not over them and you continue with contacting them, you will not be able to get over them especially when they are dating someone new.
10) Do not wallow in alcohol. It will only make you feel worse, trust me on this one.
11) It takes time,
Re: Tips On How To Get Over Him/her by beegirl: 1:58pm On May 16, 2007
misright:

Ok, no offense here, but these "how do I get over him/her" are getting kind of tiring. It's been done over and over with generally the same advice over and over. So, here are some tips on how to get over them after a breakup, please add anything that I may have missed.

1) Cut off all communication: that means don't talk to them; delete/erase phone numbers, e-mail addresses, IM addresses, etc.; don't look up profiles or seek them out in any way, shape or fashion. This will keep you from that urge to contact them.
2) Get rid of any gifts, notes, letters, etc. that are sentimental to you: don't give them back to your ex. Give them away to Goodwill, whatever. Do not keep them.
3) Hang out with friends.
4) Don't jump into another relationship. This is unfair to a new partner if you are not over your ex.
5) Do something active: run, exercise, go see a movie, go shopping, etc.
6) Try to think about all the things you did NOT like about your partner. People break up for a reason.
7) Write your thoughts down in a journal or write a letter to your ex about how you feel about everything, DO NOT give it to them.
8) Remember to not be afraid to be alone. It's not the end of the world and you will always find someone else down the road. It is OK to be alone.
9) Do not try and be friends with your ex UNLESS you can get over them. Once you are over them, then you can think about being friends with them. If you are not over them and you continue with contacting them, you will not be able to get over them especially when they are dating someone new.
10) Do not wallow in alcohol. It will only make you feel worse, trust me on this one.
11) It takes time,

thanks man,i agree with you especially on number 8 , late pastor bimbo used to say you have to love your self as a single before you could love yourself as a married person, i think it applies, you have to love your self alone first before you could love another
Re: Tips On How To Get Over Him/her by sammyjl(f): 9:21am On Mar 09, 2009
true true
Re: Tips On How To Get Over Him/her by yme1(f): 12:43pm On Mar 09, 2009
That is cool.nothing do you at all
Re: Tips On How To Get Over Him/her by Hollysmile: 6:41am On Mar 10, 2009
@poster, dat was great!
You jus helped me. Thanx alot.
Re: Tips On How To Get Over Him/her by Nobody: 6:49am On Mar 10, 2009
Yeah nice.also always focus on Career and Money as they keep u preoccupied.but i also drink to forget my problems
Re: Tips On How To Get Over Him/her by oluwafemi113(m): 7:10am On Mar 10, 2009
next thread No comment
Re: Tips On How To Get Over Him/her by Ben13: 10:25am On Mar 10, 2009
then leave
Re: Tips On How To Get Over Him/her by whitelexi(m): 10:32am On Mar 10, 2009
@Poster:

What happens when u meet accidentally?
I mean, it ain't often that a blowed-up mother gets to chat to the mother that blowed him up! Usually, the blowed-up mother has the courtesy to stay blowed up.
Re: Tips On How To Get Over Him/her by tommy2k2(m): 10:34am On Mar 10, 2009
@ every1
so u guys wana use this tips to break up, instead of making up?

ben
wetin dey?

(1) (Reply)

Advice For Men: Use How Women Perceive Your Status To Your Advantage: / Why? / Scent Of A Man.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.