Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,813 members, 7,817,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It (34138 Views)

Jidenna, Osinachi Dike Apama Son Is Dead / Photos Of Jidenna Smoking Heavily / Meet Jidenna's Beautiful Sister And Cute Brother As He Shares New Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by oladipojesse(m): 1:55pm On Aug 30, 2019
morpheus24:

Stop double talking. I said the bible advocated Slavery. Is the Old testament not part of the bible. Is there anywhere it was abolished or did Jesus disapprove of it. If not then why not?

The Bible only recorded it, it never approved it! Plus, I never said the Old Testament wasn't part of the Bible!
Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by Adakintroy2: 2:18pm On Aug 30, 2019
Dudeweedlmao:

Ancient Roman armies used to fvck themselves in the ass. No tech back then. Just good ol' soil tilling, fighting wars, etc., lolz What's their excuse for being gay?

Yes they did but not as norm or standard behavior. The romans social structure back then around this subject was a complex one even for most writer of hisory. First there was no active word for such behavior back then. Secondly the standard normative behavior that was openly celebrated was man v women. using few exceptions as way of generation by you is not the right tone.Their is a difference between a social behavior existing and being widely accepted social norm or standard. The case you mentions, We're act carried out by Roman Amy on fellow conquered armies that were now there slaves. Not freeborn. Prohibition exist for fellow Roman pentration his fellow Roman.

In terms of the wider society, homosexual behavior amongst Roman citizen was not actively done among citizen of equal status and social ranking. It was a relations between slave and freeborn. This was so because the roman civilization back then was intensly mariach. weakness was grossly frown at. The final act of pentrating by a fellow man was judge as a form of anatomic conquest or subduing of sort. Hence all free born Roman citizens were not permitted to openly participate.although few exceptions exist. But not in the open.

So yes homosexual act or behavior exist. But was it a standard social behavior among romans themselves ? Absolutely not. So then why?
Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by fortran12: 2:37pm On Aug 30, 2019
Left handedness is natural just as right handedness.
You make choices based on different things in life, same as sexuality.Your environment determines alot about choices you make in life. Just as a child when born exhibits different characters and behavior, if the child is not well brought up or makes the wrong choices you see these show up as bad people in the society. A homosexual person most of the time have had cases of abuse during their childhood days, peer or enviromental pressure make them choose their sexuality. These choices do not come in an explicit way of choose A or B. they are made by accumulation of past experiences.
Am sure people who steal do based and kill did not just wake up when they were young to choose this way of life,it crept in slowly from when they were children. And when when these people who exhibit these vices change their behavior it is not instant, it takes a while and they eventually are able to overcome the temptation.

Obi1kenobi:

And science has found a "cure" for left-handedness, abi? Please, who are these former homosexuals you keep talking about? Many "ex-gay" people were discovered to be frauds who sought to repress their urges, mostly due to religious pressure. Infact, many of them after became ex-ex-gay. grin That is gay people who claimed to be converted from the sinful gayness, but discovered they were deceiving themselves and bowing to pressure.

And there is nowhere I told you there is a chemical that defines sexuality. I said our body chemistry defines a lot of things about us including our sexual impulses. That's a different thing from saying there is a chemical responsible for determining sexuality. Unlike you, I don't make assertions that I'm not educated to make. Like claiming sexuality is a choice based on the fact you've heard people changed their sexuality. Even if I granted you the fact that people have changed their sexuality, that is a different thing from trying to imply that every single person on earth can flip their sexuality like a switch whenever they want. I've asked you a question you keep running away from and I'll ask it again for the 4th time: when did you make a choice to be heterosexual? When were you confronted with this binary choice and decided in the goodness of your heart to choose heterosexuality over the temptation of homosexuality? Biko answer this question.
Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by morpheus24: 2:43pm On Aug 30, 2019
MOVIC6:

Fornication is a sin btwn two consenting grownups (male and female) but when they marry it becomes a means of procreation and unionism betwn the two (male and female)

What if they don't marry?

You are making absolutely no logical sense here.

2 Likes

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by morpheus24: 2:46pm On Aug 30, 2019
oladipojesse:

The Bible only recorded it, it never approved it! Plus, I never said the Old Testament wasn't part of the Bible!

You are dancing around the obvious. Either the Bible is an inspired text from God and therefore Canon or is a book of recorded history.

If its the first assumption then it is strange how the almighty "approved" of this act without any edicts to stop it. He simply just went with the ways of men.

Ridiculous sense.

1 Like

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by avalon7(m): 2:52pm On Aug 30, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

Errr.....no, that does not follow my "logic" at all. There is about as much in common between homosexuals and pedophiles as there is between heterosexuals and pedophiles. That is your own logic and it's warped, twisted logic. Pedophiles and rapists abuse unconsenting victims. Homosexuality at worst is a victimless crime.

Homosexuality is not an "ideology", so there is nothing borrowed about it. It's as old as man and exists in every single society on earth. Difference being civilized societies tolerate it and protects the rights and civil liberties of its minorities while savage, barbaric societies take it upon themselves to police people's sexual preferences. If your society finds more common cause with Somalia and South Sudan than with Switzerland and Sweden, your society is likely to be a fuucked up shiithole. Funny how Western influence is evil because they tolerate homosexuals while most of what is positive and progressive in your society, from your religion to your technology is borrowed from the West. When you're reading your Bible or using the internet like you are now, you don't remember how you borrowed it from the West, abi?

You don't have to "approve" of homosexuality or endorse it. Why not simply just mind your business? How do the activities of gay men and women affect your life?

Too bad we don't have a moderator.

1. You cannot debunk the fact that pedophiles can make the same arguments as Homosexuality and trans. They are all " non traditional" sexual desires
2. Gays don't want equal rights, they want special rights, and if you don't agree with they're lifestyle for whatever reason, your a homophobe! Give me a break!
3. Why do gays think that the whole world has to accept them. The reality is, the world still find them repulsive. And there's nothing that they can do to change it.
4. Don't make this a Nigeria issue. There is probably more stigma towards gays in Europe
5. some cultures actually still act on their religious beliefs. Don't they have the right to do so ?
6. Gay right has already been archived in the U.S so what are they still fighting for?

7. let me ask you this; where's the dividing line between right and wrong start? If morality is being tossed in the waste bin, where do you start with the prohibitives? If you continue to muddle the moral aspects of your nation, how do you DARE propose laws and decrees? When you say killing, stealing, lying etc are wrong is it not from a moral point of view
When russia pass a law banning the propagation of gay behaviour to kids the LGBTQ+ rose against it . Why is a law banning the propaganda of sexual ideology to minors bad? Why would adults want access to other peoples children to introduce their ideas?.

People are getting sick of these LGBT+ propaganda. They should stop throwing their
Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by fortran12: 2:54pm On Aug 30, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

And science has found a "cure" for left-handedness, abi? Please, who are these former homosexuals you keep talking about? Many "ex-gay" people were discovered to be frauds who sought to repress their urges, mostly due to religious pressure. Infact, many of them after became ex-ex-gay. grin That is gay people who claimed to be converted from the sinful gayness, but discovered they were deceiving themselves and bowing to pressure.

And there is nowhere I told you there is a chemical that defines sexuality. I said our body chemistry defines a lot of things about us including our sexual impulses. That's a different thing from saying there is a chemical responsible for determining sexuality. Unlike you, I don't make assertions that I'm not educated to make. Like claiming sexuality is a choice based on the fact you've heard people changed their sexuality. Even if I granted you the fact that people have changed their sexuality, that is a different thing from trying to imply that every single person on earth can flip their sexuality like a switch whenever they want. I've asked you a question you keep running away from and I'll ask it again for the 4th time: when did you make a choice to be heterosexual? When were you confronted with this binary choice and decided in the goodness of your heart to choose heterosexuality over the temptation of homosexuality? Biko answer this question.

What is your reference for the bolded?
Its not all urges you express, people who are tempted are do not succumb to the temptation means they repressed the urge. This still bores down to choice.
Some urges do not support life hence they are deemed. Homosexuality (stealing , lying, killing , rape etc also do not support life )is one of them and its the being discussed today cos some people are seeking to glamorise it and make it the new normal. Its just as some people will defend paedophiles and claim its just the way they are and justify it term "Minor-attracted person ".

1 Like

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:26pm On Aug 30, 2019
avalon7:

Too bad we don't have a moderator.

1. You cannot debunk the fact that pedophiles can make the same arguments as Homosexuality and trans. They are all " non traditional" sexual desires
2. Gays don't want equal rights, they want special rights, and if you don't agree with they're lifestyle for whatever reason, your a homophobe! Give me a break!
3. Why do gays think that the whole world has to accept them. The reality is, the world still find them repulsive. And there's nothing that they can do to change it.
4. Don't make this a Nigeria issue. There is probably more stigma towards gays in Europe
5. some cultures actually still act on their religious beliefs. Don't they have the right to do so ?
6. Gay right has already been archived in the U.S so what are they still fighting for?

7. let me ask you this; where's the dividing line between right and wrong start? If morality is being tossed in the waste bin, where do you start with the prohibitives? If you continue to muddle the moral aspects of your nation, how do you DARE propose laws and decrees? When you say killing, stealing, lying etc are wrong is it not from a moral point of view
When russia pass a law banning the propagation of gay behaviour to kids the LGBTQ+ rose against it . Why is a law banning the propaganda of sexual ideology to minors bad? Why would adults want access to other peoples children to introduce their ideas?.

People are getting sick of these LGBT+ propaganda. They should stop throwing their

1) I can and did debunk the analogy. Anal sex or MouthAction or BDSM sex are "non-traditional desires". That doesn't mean MouthAction for example is on the same plane as pedophilia. A homosexual has not violated anybody's right in any way.

2) Care to name examples of these "special rights" that gay people want? I'll wait.

3) For the same reason black people want the whole world to accept them. Because we're all humans with feelings. No gay person has asked you to love them. They've asked that at minimum, you should mind your business and live and let live.

4) No, there is not more stigma towards gays in Europe. Now you're drifting into certifiably insane territory. grin Western Europe has the most liberal pro-gay laws in the world and gay people are even being elected national leaders including current Prime Ministers of Ireland, Luxembourg and Serbia and recent former Prime Ministers of Belgium and Iceland and hundreds of parliament members across European countries. You're comparing that with a wretched shiithole like Nigeria where homosexuality attracts a 14-year jail sentence - that is if mobs of savages don't lynch you first before the law gets you.

5) Secular countries with secular constitutions are not supposed to operate as theocracies. Theocracies are evil tyrannies. Your religion is your personal affair and should not be invoked to trample on the rights and liberties of others who don't share your belief system.

6) It's easy to Google what they still seek to achieve equality. If you know of any special rights they're asking for that aren't obtainable to heterosexuals, you're free to name them.

7) By "morals", what you mean is sexual morals. Policing the bedroom of citizens is not a function of government in any free society. Killing and stealing are obviously crimes against people. Homosexuality is not a crime against anybody. If a homosexual started fiddling kids (i.e a pedophile, but heterosexuals can be pedophiles too), then that is a different matter. But 2 women or 2 men expressing their affection for each other is not your business in any way to police. If you still can't understand these distinctions, I can't do anything further to help you understand them.

2 Likes

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:38pm On Aug 30, 2019
fortran12:
Left handedness is natural just as right handedness.
Then homosexuality is just as natural as heterosexuality. If you believe otherwise, you must state why.

You make choices based on different things in life, same as sexuality.Your environment determines alot about choices you make in life. Just as a child when born exhibits different characters and behavior, if the child is not well brought up or makes the wrong choices you see these show up as bad people in the society.
And you make choices based on your natural disposition, propensities, impulses etc. Telling me the environment affects choices is pointless. Who is arguing against that? But you're arguing that sexuality is entirely a learned behavior and choice which you have posted no evidence of other than claiming that there are ex-gay people.

A homosexual person most of the time have had cases of abuse during their childhood days, peer or enviromental pressure make them choose their sexuality.
You don't know any of this. You have studied none of this. You've shown no study where this was concluded as a fact. How hard is it for you to stop asserting things you know absolutely nothing about. And asserting it so confidently too. grin Makes you look an ignoramus. This is no beer parlour conversation where you can assert anything without facts. What you're asserting is not a fact.

These choices do not come in an explicit way of choose A or B. they are made by accumulation of past experiences.
Am sure people who steal do based and kill did not just wake up when they were young to choose this way of life,it crept in slowly from when they were children. And when when these people who exhibit these vices change their behavior it is not instant, it takes a while and they eventually are able to overcome the temptation

You don't know any of this. You have studied none of this. You've shown no study where this was concluded as a fact.
If people become gay through learned behavior, there will be no gay people because the overwhelming majority of human interaction that anybody experiences is between heterosexuals. Even in teh most liberal countries in the world, only a small minority of people identify as gay. They are the product of heterosexual sex and most of their family and friends would have been heterosexual. So why did they choose the minority path? Why not the path of their heterosexual parents or siblings or friends?

2 Likes

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:46pm On Aug 30, 2019
fortran12:

What is your reference for the bolded?
Its not all urges you express, people who are tempted are do not succumb to the temptation means they repressed the urge. This still bores down to choice.
Some urges do not support life hence they are deemed. Homosexuality (stealing , lying, killing , rape etc also do not support life )is one of them and its the being discussed today cos some people are seeking to glamorise it and make it the new normal. Its just as some people will defend paedophiles and claim its just the way they are and justify it term "Minor-attracted person ".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ex-ex-gay

Are you saying you have had gay urges and repressed them? You've still not answered my question which I'll ask for the 5th time: when did you make your choice to be heterosexual? At what point in your life did you confront the choice and make the "right" choice to be heterosexual? I'm only asking seeing as you're so informed about the wrong choices that homosexuals made. So I'm asking when you made this choice of yours.

See logic: homosexuality does not support life. grin Does oral sexx support life? Does anal sex between heterosexual couples support life? Does sex with condoms or birth control pills support life? What kind of daft logic is that? So the pleasure of sex and companionship is not enough reason for homosexual couples to be together. Their relationship must "support life"? grin

1 Like

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 30, 2019
UncleJudax:

Dumb you say... grin
If you believe that Catalyn Jenner, formerly Bruce Jenner, is now a woman...wouldn't you be dumber? tongue

i repeat, you are dumb. not everything is conspiracy theories
Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by fortran12: 4:11pm On Aug 30, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

Are you saying you have had gay urges and repressed them? You've still not answered my question which I'll ask for the 5th time: when did you make your choice to be heterosexual? At what point in your life did you confront the choice and make the "right" choice to be heterosexual? I'm only asking seeing as you're so informed about the wrong choices that homosexuals made. So I'm asking when you made this choice of yours.

See logic: homosexuality does not support life. grin Does oral sexx support life? Does anal sex between heterosexual couples support life? Does sex with condoms or birth control pills support life? What kind of daft logic is that? So the pleasure of sex and companionship is not enough reason for homosexual couples to be together. Their relationship must "support life"? grin

Answer the question "Does homosexuality support life?" can they create life? I thought you were able to make the connection instead you are going off making irrelevent comparisons

About your "question" you asking the 5th time ,i have already answered you,cos the answer is not in the form you desire you choose to ignore it.
You now go about forming " I am asking you for the 4th time, the 5th time" Check through the thread i told you its a series of events that make people make these choices.
Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by fortran12: 4:15pm On Aug 30, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

Your source is suspect, I can edit that page and prove other wise. Bring a real source.
Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:23pm On Aug 30, 2019
fortran12:

Answer the question "Does homosexuality support life?" can they create life? I thought you were able to make the connection instead you are going off making irrelevent comparisons

About your "question" you asking the 5th time ,i have already answered you,cos the answer is not in the form you desire you choose to ignore it.
You now go about forming " I am asking you for the 4th time, the 5th time" Check through the thread i told you its a series of events that make people make these choices.

Whether it "supports" life or not is not a basis to compare it with murder or stealing or any of the other comparisons you made. Not everybody marries because of procreation. It's the silly mentality people like you have which is why Nigerians breed like rats and double their population every 20-year cycle. I would assume stimulating, pleasurable sex and companionship is a far bigger factor in homosexual relationships than the ability to support life. Why do you have friends? Do your friends "support life"?

You've not answered my question. You made a claim that homosexuality is a choice. Nothing else but a choice. This view has to be informed by something substantive. You didn't bother showing any expert views to support the claim, so I even drastically reduced the burden of proof for you by asking about your own personal experience that informs your view and you've not answered the question. Have you been confronted by homosexual urges and chosen otherwise? Have you at anytime in your life been faced with the binary choice of homosexuality and heterosexuality and chose the latter? It's a simple question. I'm trying to make out the source of your confident assertions that has determined the driving motive of every homosexual and you've evaded the simple question.

2 Likes

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by UncleJudax(m): 4:26pm On Aug 30, 2019
camobri:

i repeat, you are dumb. not everything is conspiracy theories
You are a useful idieot. Who said anything about conspiracy?

I said it is business...

I don't even think you have lived in the west...where these perverted lifestyles keep crawling out from.

Next is Pedophilia...oh...conspiracy Muschi grin
Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:27pm On Aug 30, 2019
fortran12:

Your source is suspect, I can edit that page and prove other wise. Bring a real source.

There are plenty of citations there and the figures named are well known. The old "I can edit Wikipedia" is a dodge.

2 Likes

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by fortran12: 5:33pm On Aug 30, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

There are plenty of citations there and the figures named are well known. The old "I can edit Wikipedia" is a dodge.
I prefer that. Quote those ones.
Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 30, 2019
Neddstark:

No way. My parents are moralistic enough to stand against homosexuality. Just like your ignorance and stupidity is a choice, it is a choice. They stood against that choice and got me the family way. But I wish your dad followed the homosexual choice. Perhaps you would have been conceived in an anuus in the midst of smelly excreta grin grin
Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by Nobody: 7:57pm On Aug 30, 2019
Neddstark:

No way. My parents are moralistic enough to stand against homosexuality. Just like your ignorance and stupidity is a choice, it is a choice. They stood against that choice and got me the family way. But I wish your dad followed the homosexual choice. Perhaps you would have been conceived in an anuus in the midst of smelly excreta grin grin
Being attracted to the same gender and actually being with the same gender are not the same. The former is not a choice as we don't choose who we are attracted to, while the latter is a choice becos everyone chooses who they want to be with. But remember that our choice is influenced by our attraction.

Sexuality is not who you sleep with or marry, it is who you are attracted to. Jay Z mum revealed she was lesbo after many years of being a mum. Goes to show that gay people get married to cover up their lifestyle. With that being, the society pressurizes homos into dating and even getting married to the opposite gender This is what you are confusing as being straight but it is not. A homo who chooses to date girls, sleep with them and go as far as marrying them is still a homo and will always be. A straight man who sleeps with the sane gender for money is still straight. He will always prefer pus*y over a man's arse. But the question is would a homo even be happy being with a woman ?
Why would he displease himself to please the society?

If the tables turn tomorrow and the law commands straight people to love the same gender, I don't know how I will cope because, I, for one cannot imagine myself loving the same gender as much as I love women.

1 Like

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by avalon7(m): 8:00pm On Aug 30, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

1) I can and did debunk the analogy. Anal sex or MouthAction or BDSM sex are "non-traditional desires". That doesn't mean MouthAction for example is on the same plane as pedophilia. A homosexual has not violated anybody's right in any way.

2) Care to name examples of these "special rights" that gay people want? I'll wait.

3) For the same reason black people want the whole world to accept them. Because we're all humans with feelings. No gay person has asked you to love them. They've asked that at minimum, you should mind your business and live and let live.

4) No, there is not more stigma towards gays in Europe. Now you're drifting into certifiably insane territory. grin Western Europe has the most liberal pro-gay laws in the world and gay people are even being elected national leaders including current Prime Ministers of Ireland, Luxembourg and Serbia and recent former Prime Ministers of Belgium and Iceland and hundreds of parliament members across European countries. You're comparing that with a wretched shiithole like Nigeria where homosexuality attracts a 14-year jail sentence - that is if mobs of savages don't lynch you first before the law gets you.

5) Secular countries with secular constitutions are not supposed to operate as theocracies. Theocracies are evil tyrannies. Your religion is your personal affair and should not be invoked to trample on the rights and liberties of others who don't share your belief system.

6) It's easy to Google what they still seek to achieve equality. If you know of any special rights they're asking for that aren't obtainable to heterosexuals, you're free to name them.

7) By "morals", what you mean is sexual morals. Policing the bedroom of citizens is not a function of government in any free society. Killing and stealing are obviously crimes against people. Homosexuality is not a crime against anybody. If a homosexual started fiddling kids (i.e a pedophile, but heterosexuals can be pedophiles too), then that is a different matter. But 2 women or 2 men expressing their affection for each other is not your business in any way to police. If you still can't understand these distinctions, I can't do anything further to help you understand them.

This is exhaustive
1. you did not debunk anything. Obviously deluded refusing to accept the flaw in your logic. If the lgbtq should be granted all these rights why deny others right to nacrophilia, "intergenerational sex" aka man-boy-love,incest,bygamy and polygamy ?? . Think abt it they ain't crimes either..

2.Have u read their so called "Equality Act". if that bill is passed it will impose unfair compulsions on employees, medical practitioners, private and religious establishments. parents can lose custody of their children if they refuse to allow hormonal intervention

3. Every man's freedom ends where the freedom of another man starts. There are 7.53 billion people on earth for Christ sake !. Do u feel it is right to 'proselytise'..... to other people's kids of course.... without those other people's consent. They should keep their business to themselves so others can mind theirs

5. liberals........not everybody in the world thinks as you do. There are different cultures, different attitudes, different people, and different ideologies worldwide Trying to force Their viewpoints on others is Theocracy in it's deadliest form.

6. Have u heard of the couple arrested and fined for refusing to bake a cake for a lesbian couple for their wedding?! that's just 1 of many cases. So fuvk all other rights, lgbt rights are the only ones that matter abil??

7. But it is a lot more than what goes on in the bedroom isnt it ??

In America, up until the 90's no one was preaching that homosexuality was "normal", no one was talking about it being a "Civil Right", no one was saying the homosexuals should be able to marry,so what happened in such a short time that made everything change? It was a MASSIVE propaganda campaign aimed at the American youth,promoted in the media and taught in schools, all aimed at young children who later have become young adults who now look on this favorably because they were brainwashed. Do you think schools ever taught the counter to this, such as effects on society, the traditional family unit or even religious conflict? Hell no, it was all promotion and nothing else. When all you are willing to do is discuss one side with no other opinions allowed, that is propaganda. Gay is good...end of discussion. Mtchewwwwwwwww
Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by Hintona(f): 8:04pm On Aug 30, 2019
to settle this once and for all, to know if homo is an African thing.... what do they call it in ur native language??
Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by Neddstark: 8:10pm On Aug 30, 2019
iRyan:

Being attracted to the same gender and actually being with the same gender are not the same. The former is not a choice as we don't choose who we are attracted to, while the latter is a choice becos everyone chooses who they want to be with. But remember that our choice is influenced by our attraction.

Sexuality is not who you sleep with or marry, it is who you are attracted to. Jay Z mum revealed she was lesbo after many years of being a mum. Goes to show that gay people get married to cover up their lifestyle. With that being, the society pressurizes homos into dating and even getting married to the opposite gender This is what you are confusing as being straight but it is not. A homo who chooses to date girls, sleep with them and go as far as marrying them is still a homo and will always be. A straight man who sleeps with the sane gender for money is still straight. He will always prefer pus*y over a man's arse. But the question is would a homo even be happy being with a woman ?
Why would he displease himself to please the society?

If the tables turn tomorrow and the law commands straight people to love the same gender, I don't know how I will cope because, I, for one cannot imagine myself loving the same gender as much as I love women.

Its a choice to choose who you are attracted to. And if you feel an unhealthy attraction you control yourself. Fathers who screw their daughters are attracted to them. Its now left for them to control themselves not to do something ill. Legalizing homosexuality is simply letting people exercise their unhealthy urges in the name of liberation
Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by Nobody: 8:13pm On Aug 30, 2019
Salt3:

Obviously you're not a religious man. I had and have ancestors, yes you're right. You're so right I'm not a Jew but guess what? spirituality I am a descendant of Abraham.
Pls where did you take the DNA test?

1 Like

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by Nobody: 8:30pm On Aug 30, 2019
Neddstark:

Its a choice to choose who you are attracted to. And if you feel an unhealthy attraction you control yourself. Fathers who screw their daughters are attracted to them. Its now left for them to control themselves not to do something ill. Legalizing homosexuality is simply letting people exercise their unhealthy urges in the name of liberation
At what point in your life did you choose to be attracted to the opposite gender?

1 Like

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 30, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

Are you a homo? You are almost defending the lgbtq community with your life + you seem to be very knowledgeable on such matters
Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by avalon7(m): 8:34pm On Aug 30, 2019
iRyan:

There u go again with ur twisted logic. When ure not using it you're making irrelevant comparisonns like those actually prove or disprove anything.
Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by avalon7(m): 8:40pm On Aug 30, 2019
It doesn't even matter if they did or did not choose their attraction it is not natural and should not be endorsed. What about transgender ppl? Did they also not have a choice? ..
Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:16pm On Aug 30, 2019
avalon7:

This is exhaustive
1. you did not debunk anything. Obviously deluded refusing to accept the flaw in your logic. If the lgbtq should be granted all these rights why deny others right to nacrophilia, "intergenerational sex" aka man-boy-love,incest,bygamy and polygamy ?? . Think abt it they ain't crimes either..

2.Have u read their so called "Equality Act". if that bill is passed it will impose unfair compulsions on employees, medical practitioners, private and religious establishments. parents can lose custody of their children if they refuse to allow hormonal intervention

3. Every man's freedom ends where the freedom of another man starts. There are 7.53 billion people on earth for Christ sake !. Do u feel it is right to 'proselytise'..... to other people's kids of course.... without those other people's consent. They should keep their business to themselves so others can mind theirs

5. liberals........not everybody in the world thinks as you do. There are different cultures, different attitudes, different people, and different ideologies worldwide Trying to force Their viewpoints on others is Theocracy in it's deadliest form.

6. Have u heard of the couple arrested and fined for refusing to bake a cake for a lesbian couple for their wedding?! that's just 1 of many cases. So fuvk all other rights, lgbt rights are the only ones that matter abil??

7. But it is a lot more than what goes on in the bedroom isnt it ??

1) Rambling all the time about "logic" doesn't mean you're employing it. You were the one that sought to portray homosexuality as a crime based on being a "non traditional desire" and I was pointing out many sexual encounters that are "non-traditional" but which no one would call criminal. If you want to argue about why homosexuality is more accepted than your new long list of whataboutisms, you can create a special thread for that. Your post was long enough without going off in more digressions.

2) You've still not listed the "special rights". You said gay people don't want equality but special rights. List examples of those special rights. And transgender activism is a different thing. You're going off in more tangents.

3) Proselytize in what way? Everybody's kids will somehow turn gay if society respects the rights of gay people? Maybe focus on training your own kids rather than burdening yourself with paranoia over all your kids turning gay from all that gay exposure. Sounds like an irrational fear. Funny how societies which don't burden themselves with such trifles prosper and progress the most (with your countrymen giving church testimonies when they get their visa to such places) while the ones filled with virulent irrational fears remain repressive hellholes. Funny, eh?

5) Yes, there are different cultures. Some are enterprising and innovative and progressive with its citizens civil liberties respected. Others are backward shiitholes still lost in the dark ages with prevailing mentalities that haven't even caught up with Enlightenment era Europe that was 3 full centuries ago.

6) Sounds like fake news. I doubt you can be arrested in the US for not baking someone a cake. You can be fined though under discrimination laws: the same type drafted to protect black people with the Civil Rights Act which means you can't refuse anyone service on racially discriminatory grounds. This of course has been expanded to other kinds of discrimination. If you have a problem with that, then you should have a problem with the Civil Rights Act.

In America, up until the 90's no one was preaching that homosexuality was "normal", no one was talking about it being a "Civil Right", no one was saying the homosexuals should be able to marry,so what happened in such a short time that made everything change? It was a MASSIVE propaganda campaign aimed at the American youth,promoted in the media and taught in schools, all aimed at young children who later have become young adults who now look on this favorably because they were brainwashed. Do you think schools ever taught the counter to this, such as effects on society, the traditional family unit or even religious conflict? Hell no, it was all promotion and nothing else. When all you are willing to do is discuss one side with no other opinions allowed, that is propaganda. Gay is good...end of discussion. Mtchewwwwwwwww

There is a long history of gay rights struggle in the US that long predates the 90's. To say "no one was preaching homosexuality was normal" up until the 90's is nonsense. If gay rights was a massive propaganda campaign, then the civil rights movement was as well. You can call any activism you don't like "propaganda" as a pejorative. You can call Martin Luther King or Mandela or Gandhi propagandists. And the gay rights "massive propaganda" worked. Americans are overwhelmingly positively predisposed to gay people today. Older Americans have evolved their views. They've continued to win the fight. So you'd best get on the train or live with the bitterness of it. But gay rights aren't going away in the civilized world.

3 Likes

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by Adakintroy2: 9:17pm On Aug 30, 2019
felaismyhero:
hmmm.nice point.but being a repressed thought or ideal does not make it wrong or abnormal.if you check through history,you find every society has prescribed ways of life that it enforces on its members; regardless of their individual likes or wants.so i think every society has always frowned at homosexuals; but that does not make it abnormal.study the general lives of people around you; it may not be that they are gays,but some would have habits that you think are weird or 'crazy'.everyone should not be like you!

What other societies think don't care about what you think in the now. There cultures more or less don't care about your feelings. So if it's frowned at like you point out, it's because to a degree it does not meet there own objective social criteria. what they consider normative behavior. So in there own Palance it must be abnormal. If you say in your own thinking because it's frown at it does not make it abnormal, then you imputing subjectivity. In which case your own subjectivity is subject to their own socio cultural subjectivity.

Homosexual acts, practise or behaviors has always exist in the past like you noted and even so in our modern society prior to this commotion. However "Existing" is not same as an instituted or acceptable social practise.

The argument now is with institutionalization. Legality. Giving it equal statues as heterosexual acts or practise.

This is were we start argue the different point of what truely makes a thing equal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:20pm On Aug 30, 2019
iRyan:

Are you a homo? You are almost defending the lgbtq community with your life + you seem to be very knowledgeable on such matters

Are you a homo? Why does it bother you whether anonymous people on the internet are homos or not?

2 Likes

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:23pm On Aug 30, 2019
avalon7:
It doesn't even matter if they did or did not choose their attraction it is not natural and should not be endorsed. What about transgender ppl? Did they also not have a choice? ..

When bonobos or giraffes have gay sex, are their acts natural? Define "natural".

2 Likes

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by avalon7(m): 10:21pm On Aug 30, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

When bonobos or giraffes have gay sex, are their acts natural? Define "natural".

Why should what giraffs do affect how we perceive human actions. I honesty feel sad for u because u have been brainwashed, and it doesn't matter what anyone says to u now.
You throw away common reasoning because there are no solid facts to back them up only to base your whole argument on bold assertions and irrelevant comparisons.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Charles Okocha Wins NEA Comedy Award, Poses With Gbenro Ajibade / Laura Ikeji Treats Her Hubby To Facial Makeover (photos) / "I'm Not A Cross Dresser" - Bobrisky

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 186
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.