Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,183 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It (34135 Views)

Jidenna, Osinachi Dike Apama Son Is Dead / Photos Of Jidenna Smoking Heavily / Meet Jidenna's Beautiful Sister And Cute Brother As He Shares New Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by 1mansquard: 10:18pm On Aug 29, 2019
You just believe it because u have being nacked too
Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by fortran12: 10:19pm On Aug 29, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

Based on what scientific study did you draw your conclusion? Did you choose to be heterosexual? When did you make this choice?
They are all choices that we make. If it's not a choice why do people's orientation change?

2 Likes

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:20pm On Aug 29, 2019
Walehelt:

2 consenting grown men??,,

You self reason am

Yes, 2 consenting grown men. The fact that they are grown men is why their sexual preferences shouldn't be your business. I'm not their father or their god. Even if I were their father, they stop being my responsibility as adult men who make their own decisions.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by augustab(f): 10:20pm On Aug 29, 2019
Salt3:

It is but not a relevant part of it. Its our history but not our custom.

Okay, but you're wrong. Read the last part of revelation and see why.
Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:23pm On Aug 29, 2019
fortran12:

They are all choices that we make. If it's not a choice why do people's orientation change?

Again, this is your uninformed opinion. It has nothing to do with scientific fact. Common sense tells me that if people are willing to engage in homosexuality even in places where they are at risk of imprisonment, execution or lynching, then maybe they have natural impulses which can't be helped. I know for a fact that I have never made a choice to be heterosexual, so to claim that sexuality is just a fluid choice you can alternate at will is not based in any fact.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by Walehelt(m): 10:25pm On Aug 29, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

Yes, 2 consenting grown men. The fact that they are grown men is why their sexual preferences shouldn't be your business. I'm not their father or their god. Even if I were their father, they stop being my responsibility as adult men who make their own decisions.

I understand You sir, and I'm very you understand my view too,,,,,, anything but homo

1 Like

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by felaismyhero(m): 10:26pm On Aug 29, 2019
Adakintroy2:

If every society hitherto has tolerated the practise of homosexuality forms as you like to present it with confort.it would have form a manner across histories timeline leading up to now. In other words this behaviour would have to be relatively stable. The narrative in the now is suggesting as with other repressed thoughts, ideals or consciosness. It's fighting for emergence.
hmmm.nice point.but being a repressed thought or ideal does not make it wrong or abnormal.if you check through history,you find every society has prescribed ways of life that it enforces on its members; regardless of their individual likes or wants.so i think every society has always frowned at homosexuals; but that does not make it abnormal.study the general lives of people around you; it may not be that they are gays,but some would have habits that you think are weird or 'crazy'.everyone should not be like you!

2 Likes

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by YoungAncient1: 10:37pm On Aug 29, 2019
They said Sango was a gay.
Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by gemini35(m): 10:48pm On Aug 29, 2019
felaismyhero:
i read through the post,i did not notice that he asked for your pity.
birds of the same feather.

1 Like

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by Salt3: 10:50pm On Aug 29, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

The Old Testament is not a relevant part of Christianity? See as una dey cast your own religion. grin So your pastors or priests or whoever have never invoked stories about Abraham or Sara or Lot or Jacob or Joseph or Moses or Joshua or Samuel or Saul or David or Solomon or Esther or whoever? Why are you lying?

That's our root, our history, but its practices and customs no longer relevant. We are to read and learn from them not walk in them. As Christians we walk in the new testament, which starts from the book of Acts tp revelation. I hope u get

2 Likes

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:54pm On Aug 29, 2019
Salt3:

That's our root, our history, but its practices and customs no longer relevant. We are to read and learn from them not walk in them. As Christians we walk in the new testament, which starts from the book of Acts tp revelation. I hope u get

And the fact still remains that the old Testament is a part of the Bible and the backbone of the Abrahamic religions - including Christianity.
And the Old Testament is not your history either. It's a history of the Jewish people. And much of it is more myth than history.

4 Likes

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by Salt3: 10:57pm On Aug 29, 2019
augustab:

Okay, but you're wrong. Read the last part of revelation and see why.
Revelation 22 is talking to the church, there was and there is no church in the old testament. The new testament is the completion or fulfilment of the old testament. Revelation 22 also talks about the book of prophecy right? now the pls testament prophecy which is CHRIST JESUS has come to pass, now we are in the new covenant, the new testament. Please read your Bible very closely. You cannot understand it if you don't first read the new testament, no wonder Gideon International distributed that blue backed new testament Bible to us that we ignorantly called incomplete Bible.

Shalom

3 Likes

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by MOVIC6: 10:58pm On Aug 29, 2019
Lanisehardin:
Persecuting homosexuals is persecuting people because of their nature.
Just like the South Eastern(Calabar) people were killing twins some centuries ago,

The White people are not foolish for making laws to protect them,
Americans hate gays but they still give them their right, if an American wants to insult you, he will call you gay! They still give gay people their rights as humans.
Most of you will wish to live in America over Nigeria because the same human right you're depriving others.
You're not yet civilized. Your uncivilized mind as a collectives is part of your country's backwardness.

YOU CAN'T EAT YOUR CAKE AND HAVE IT BACK

anything outside the natural law is unnatural.. pervert

2 Likes

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by Salt3: 10:59pm On Aug 29, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

And the fact still remains that the old Testament is a part of the Bible and the backbone of the Abrahamic religions - including Christianity.
And the Old Testament is not your history either. It's a history of the Jewish people. And much of it is more myth than history.

Lol. It is my history. Abraham is my father through Jesus. Got it?

2 Likes

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by nagalee(m): 11:00pm On Aug 29, 2019
PUSSYHOE:
I stick with pussy!
team pussy 4 life
Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by MOVIC6: 11:00pm On Aug 29, 2019
mrvitalis:
Those are story book
ua done
Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by 1Sharon(f): 11:10pm On Aug 29, 2019
oladipojesse:

Where did the Bible advocate for slavery? You want to say Old Testament, fine. It was so because of the system men operated in then. The Bible just recorded it!

JESUS never advocated for slavery, instead HE is come to liberate us from any form of slavery. That is the new covenant I/ we walk in.

Also approved incest
Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by morpheus24: 11:11pm On Aug 29, 2019
oladipojesse:

Where did the Bible advocate for slavery? You want to say Old Testament, fine. It was so because of the system men operated in then. The Bible just recorded it!

JESUS never advocated for slavery, instead HE is come to liberate us from any form of slavery. That is the new covenant I/ we walk in.

Stop double talking. I said the bible advocated Slavery. Is the Old testament not part of the bible. Is there anywhere it was abolished or did Jesus disapprove of it. If not then why not?

1 Like

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by Bacteriologist(m): 11:14pm On Aug 29, 2019
henrixx:
both of you are inhuman. dont compare your evil with another man's evil to justify your evil. What is bad is bad.

If youre a Gay. Quit bro
There's everything wrong with been a gay. Its 100% absurd

What FÜČKING right do you think you have to tell other people how to use their FÜČKING genitals?

How about condemning the FÜČKING Bible that endorses slavery, rape, tyranny, talking snakes and donkeys and the FÜČKING subjugation of women? One little advice for you hypocritical and homophobic religious nutjobs: MIND YOUR FÜČKING BUSINESS!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by morpheus24: 11:16pm On Aug 29, 2019
felaismyhero:
hear yourself? anomalies in nature? nature that has been before your forebears

please don't reply me if you can't use your medulla properly. Nature is simple that which exists and governed by physical law.

An anomaly is an aspect in nature that deviates from a preponderance of patterns in nature and can be defined within nature.

felaismyhero:

.how are you sure you are not an anomaly? since you are a product of nature.

I am not an anomaly because I am a preponderance of a pattern or design in nature.

Olodo!

3 Likes

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by Bacteriologist(m): 11:16pm On Aug 29, 2019
morpheus24:

Stop double talking. I said the bible advocated Slavery. Is the Old testament not part of the bible. Is there anywhere it was abolished or did Jesus disapprove of it. If not then why not?

I love it when Christians dismiss the Old Testament. At least they admit that their 'all-knowing' god could be wrong about a lot of things.

Btw

The new testament supports slavery. Ephesians 6vs5.

2 Likes

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by HeyCorleone(m): 11:18pm On Aug 29, 2019
godwinkessi:
This useless Enugu homo boy won’t shut up. Promoting homosexuality cos you’re a celebrity won’t even help u.

If you, and your sorts had any shred of sense, you would have refuted Jidenna's claims with actual facts. Not sentiments. Peruse books on African sociology, and philosophy, and you would understand that homosexuality has always existed in Africa. Besides, it would be stupid to even assume it didn't. Why? Have we been a righteous people? Christianity is less than 200 years old in Sub-Saharan Africa, so on what basis did we have to deny homosexuals their rights back then?

You don't think. You just apply unnecessary sentiments to things. You feel because you fornicate with a female, you are way better off than homosexuals. Very shallow line of reasoning.

That an enlightened person has come out to set facts straight does not in anyway indicate that he is declaring, or supporting such actions.

So if someone says that slavery was a big thing in Africa before the Europeans came, it then means such a person is a slave owner?

You're intellectually pathetic.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by morpheus24: 11:19pm On Aug 29, 2019
fortran12:

Homosexuality is a choice. No one is born with it
A statement with no deductive or inductive reasoning behind it.

Because your pastor said it we must believe it bah!

2 Likes

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by morpheus24: 11:21pm On Aug 29, 2019
Neddstark:

Yeah its possible your father to be gay. And you would not be here
it is not possible for my father to be gay otherwise I wouldn't be here.

It is also possible for my father to be gay and I still be here.

False logic.

Go back to school!

1 Like

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by morpheus24: 11:28pm On Aug 29, 2019
MOVIC6:

anything outside the natural law is unnatural.. pervert

is fornication unnatural, if not why do people feel bad about it?

3 Likes

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by fortran12: 11:33pm On Aug 29, 2019
morpheus24:

A statement with no deductive or inductive reasoning behind it.

Because your pastor said it we must believe it bah!
What does my statement have to do with a pastor? If its not choice why do people change sexual orientation?
Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by morpheus24: 11:36pm On Aug 29, 2019
fortran12:

What does my statement have to do with a pastor? If its not choice why do people change sexual orientation?

Because sexuality is a spectrum. You are on one end and the Homosexual is on the other end.

3 Likes

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by Eastlink(m): 11:37pm On Aug 29, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

Two consenting grown men used to be the argument in the past, but not anymore. Countries where pro-gay laws and same sex marriages were passed have had a significant rise in homosexuals. This is not suprising anymore. Homosexuality which should be a thing of privacy is now taken into public spheres in countries where it is legalized, in schools, in malls, in the social media, in churches, in weddings, in pubs and in every socio-political discuss in these countries.
Children, teenagers and even vulnerable straight people with identity crisis are now being cajoled into coming out as gays. There is now a major increase in shemales and ftm transgender in the western world. Imagine a flimsy argument of surgical sex change of little kids as old as 5 years, simply because they exhibit unusual sexual behavior. How can a little child be rational enough to know if becoming a transgender is best for him or her at such age. If it's not madness, what else will you call this?
The rise of gays is now a problem the Europeans and more importantly the Americans are grappling with ever since the Obama lobbied Supreme court ruling. In high places and in low places, most gays use every opportunity they find to convert vulnerable people into homosexuality. It's one thing to be gay and indulge in private sexual relationship with your types and it's another thing to be gay while still be a molester, who go about molesting vulnerable people and expanding the homosexual chain.
I'm of the view that, the homosexual community are like kleptomaniacs, give them one opportunity and they come calling for more rights. Give them equality and they ask for gay marriages. Give them civil union and they request for adoption. Give then right to own kids and they request for stiff penalty to be handed out to anti gay opponents.. Prosecute opponents of homosexuality and then everyone is made to be silent and watch the world gradually wipe off the last vistage of heterosexualism. The militant attitude of the LGBTQ community in the west is steadily bringing about a radical far right groups even among former gay right sympathizers.
I won't be surprised if these western countries and their intercontinental allies begin to deconstituitionalize their pro gay laws for conservative laws in the long run.
Nigeria and Africans should never allow gays such unimaginable liberties. Criminalizing gays won't solve the homosexual issues or diminish their sexual orientation or anything, but rather not acceding to their humongous liberties, just like it was the norm before is the best solution in nipping their unnatural behaviours in the bud.
Sexuality is an option, the same way criminality is an option.

6 Likes

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by fortran12: 11:40pm On Aug 29, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

Again, this is your uninformed opinion. It has nothing to do with scientific fact. Common sense tells me that if people are willing to engage in homosexuality even in places where they are at risk of imprisonment, execution or lynching, then maybe they have natural impulses which can't be helped. I know for a fact that I have never made a choice to be heterosexual, so to claim that sexuality is just a fluid choice you can alternate at will is not based in any fact.

It's a fact that people change sexual orientation. And cos my statement is true and not an opinion. It destroys any form of logic you tried building with your response.
People who steal and kill do risk imprisonment, execution and lynching so do we now say that it's natural for people to steal? That they are born with it.
It's a choice they make same as homosexuality. It's a choice.

4 Likes

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by NaijaDonCast(m): 11:46pm On Aug 29, 2019
What is dis fool saying? Does he mean that we should start knacking our fellow men? Am homophobic bitch nigga dnt kum near me

1 Like

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by fortran12: 11:47pm On Aug 29, 2019
morpheus24:

Because sexuality is a spectrum. You are on one end and the Homosexual is on the other end.
Lol. The spectrum people. I know them. Lol .
There is nothing of such - sexuality is a spectrum. It's choice one makes and these choices may be made in response to subliminal messages etc. Everything about life is choice and these have consequences. Check yourself and think of any habit you picked up. Reason well and you will see where it came from.

2 Likes

Re: Jidenna: Homosexuality Is An Africa Thing, Europeans Didn’t Bring It by Rotji(m): 11:50pm On Aug 29, 2019
This guy is about to get himself some real haters here, no body said Europeans or whites brought any shit here. Did the whites shipped stealing, adultery, robbery, murder etc. to Africa?! Of course no! Deviance has been part of humanity no matter how civilised or uncivilized a society is. What we as Africans frown at is forcing people to be cool with it, forcing people to be happy with it. Blackmailing and manipulating people to shut up and adore it.

Common, just like the whites came and helped us rid ourselves of some bad practices, we have had practices that even the whites were impressed with. Same too not everything the whites say is good or right, they too have some of their practices that are unwholesome. So please cut me this crap that everything about us is low and everything about the whites is high. We are all humans and we have our balances.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Baba Suwe Meets With Minister Of Health Over His Medical Condition / Timaya Makes Daughter Emma His Woman Crush Wednesday. See How Cute She Looks. / Femi Otedola Pictured With Wizkid In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.