Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,176 members, 7,829,220 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans (48914 Views)

3 Americans Dead, As Plane Crashes Into House In Ukraine (Pix, Video) / COVID-19: No Entry For Nigerians, Americans Into Europe / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by SIRTee15: 11:08pm On Aug 31, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

My point is that there’s always that initial fresh immigrant thing, then u become like everyone else - responsibilities, bills, credit card debt

If my initial fresh thing can get me a house and a land within 2 years...
Then u don't expect me to condemn such a system.....
Let nigeria also provide such initial fresh thing for its people....
Right now, I'm building a career for myself and my wife...
That the focus now....

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by Nobody: 11:09pm On Aug 31, 2019
adonainana:

if ceos are not the ones earning 3,000 a month, then who else.
Do you know how much the average salary in the uk is even
its £28,000 per year sir
Only a few privileged citizens would ever earn £60,000 per year in the UK

So these artisans you talking about now, i wonder where they fit in this equation.

Come and see lawyers here with 10 years experience on £35,000 salary

Please confirm all of this with the working class friends you may have right now in the UK

Also sir, someone buying up a whole street in London is not a working class individual

He may just be weathly enough to do so, There are a lot of millionaires and billionaires on the planet from different countries, buying and selling a property is not new.

So forget what the indians and paki have been trying to tell you.

Also your last paragrapgh vindicates my point, yes the naija guy would be left with so much from his 1.5 million naira that he would be able to afford to come to London and shop in Harrods every month. Yes this happens all the time

Now can the UK equivalent guy who has just earned £3,000 go to dubai every month and spend from his salary what he is not sure would even last him till the end of the month, the answer is NO

So the Naija guy is richer than him cos he would even come to London every month, spend spend spend then go back home cos he is way way much better

The gentleman actually says he was earning 2700 pounds after Tax. That means he was earning way more than 3,000 pounds because Tax in UK should be either 20% and fall around £46,350 or more to give 40% tax.

So he was earning pretty much.

I feel the issue with salaries and lifestyle is relative. While some people are complaining about UK. Other people are rejoicing.

Just putting it out there
Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by wirinet(m): 11:11pm On Aug 31, 2019
SIRTee15:

My first salary was 2700 pounds after tax....
My rent was 500 pounds per month or there about...
I bought a property in lekki for around 1.2 million....
Then pound was around 600 naira or so...
I was able to send close to 8M home for my house over 2 years....
I was saving over a 1000 pound per month....
I even bought car for my mama join sef....
It was really a good time....
I hope you are not related to lai Muhammed!

Your first salary was £2700 after tax, so how much was your net. You must have been earning close to £3,800 net per month. I even forgot to ask, was that weekly or monthly? Wages are paid weekly in UK.
A £500 a month (which is £125 a week) house in UK is a shitty house, or was it in some remote village outside London?
Check here for the cheapest flats for rent in London - https://jamesanderson.co.uk/news/cheapest-areas-in-london-to-rent-2018/

What of Transport, gas, water, electrics bills? Was someone else paying these for you?

And this was your first salary, so how much do you earn now?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by BigBashiru: 11:13pm On Aug 31, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

Okay.

To others that may care:

I lived in the USA continuously from 1986 to 2019 and worked predominantly in major hospitals with at least one being a HMO. So my response is based on first hand knowledge and not internet clippings. Majority of Americans end up with alarming bills after a medical emergency,

Also, I never said which system is better.

They end up with those bills because they were UNINSURED. This is for states without government subsidised plans. It varies by state. In any case it's not outrageous if u live in a subsidized state or ur uninsured. In Nigeria health insurance doesn't work.

1 Like

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by toluxe0075: 11:17pm On Aug 31, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Lool!!...That joker that is comparing lawlessness and Frantically Corrupt Country as Nigeria to any Sane Western Country has done a great job of adding more people on this forum to his Never Ending Jealousy, Bitterness, Angry, Frustrated, Lazy and Joblessness Company. cheesy
It's very appalling how people turn a very educating and logical debate into abusive thing. It's a debate you build your argument around. Yes, Nigeria is a corrupt country try, but does that means it doesn't have anything advantageous in comparison to the so acclaimed saner Western world? Because it is Western doesn't mean it's all great without it's own loopholes.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by CanadaOrBust: 11:18pm On Aug 31, 2019
SIRTee15:

If my initial fresh thing can get me a house and a land within 2 years...
Then u don't expect me to condemn such a system.....
Let nigeria also provide such initial fresh thing for its people....
Right now, I'm building a career for myself and my wife...
That the focus now....

It happens both ways. Why do u think some Westerners or Returnees initially praise Africa and don’t want to go back? Same initial fresh immigrant thing. Then they become like everyone else.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by toluxe0075: 11:18pm On Aug 31, 2019
BigBashiru:

They end up with those bills because they were UNINSURED. This is for states without government subsidised plans. It varies by state. In any case it's not outrageous if u live in a subsidized state or ur uninsured. In Nigeria health insurance doesn't work.
You know they pay for those insurance, right?

1 Like

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by DexterousOne(m): 11:19pm On Aug 31, 2019
WeRblessed:
My brother you know that African problem is inferiority complex. They believe that anything outside Nigeria is better. Africa has more mineral resources than both Europe and USA combined, but they just can't sit at home and find a way to utilize it. White men built their nations through exploiting Africa. Nigeria only depends on oil meanwhile they have other resources to cultivate and put the citizens to work. As I'm saying this now, three out of ten school kids in America go to bed hungry, especially when school is on break. Some families in America both white or black rely on school breakfasts and lunches for their children. So many Nigerians don't know where their next rent will come from because their salaries will never be enough for rent, electricity and water bills, health insurance, gas, groceries, credit cards, plus child care ( if you don't have any family member to watch them). Most of them live on food stamps and picking up foods from churches and charity stores. Some of them rely on thrift stores to get clothes. A lot of them want to visit Nigeria but ashamed to do so because of what people may say, as they will not have money to buy their families expected American goodies. Most of them could only afford coming home by maxing their credit cards. In America you'll work, work, and work, but 30% of your salary go to taxes. The more money you make the more they'll tax you. Some Nigerians have fallen into depression because no amount is ever enough to start a foundation or even build a business back home.Try to advice our people they will not understand. They don't even know that it will take them years to get papers to work in America. The friend or family member may allow you to stay for a few weeks and after that you need to start paying Bill's if not they throw you out. No one cares! You'll need at least $50,000.00 to survive in America a year without a job. Also, no one will rent you accommodation because you have no paperwork or social security card. Some cities have no buses for transportation so most of your money will go to uber or taxis. Bro if I continue to type everything today, chi ga eji, chi ga abo. Funny thing is, most of them in nairaland think you don't want them to go to America. Please allow them to go now.

This post is just hilarious cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by EgunMogaji2: 11:19pm On Aug 31, 2019
BigBashiru:

Not all of them are uninsured.

An example:

https://khn.org/news/they-got-estimates-before-surgery-and-a-bill-after-that-was-50-more/

1 Like

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by SIRTee15: 11:21pm On Aug 31, 2019
adonainana:

its £28,000 per year sir

So these artisans you talking about now, i wonder where they fit in this equation.

Please confirm all of this with the working class friends you may have right now in the UK

Also sir, someone buying up a whole street in London is not a working class individual

He may just be weathly enough to do so, There are a lot of millionaires and billionaires on the planet from different countries, buying and selling a property is not new.

Also your last paragrapgh vindicates my point, yes the naija guy would be left with so much from his 1.5 million naira that he would be able to afford to come to London and shop in Harrods every month. Yes this happens all the time

Now can the UK equivalent guy who has just earned £3,000 go to dubai every month and spend from his salary what he is not sure would even last him till the end of the month, the answer is NO

So the Naija guy is richer than him cos he would even come to London every month, spend spend spend then go back home cos he is way way much better

I'm talking about an Indian immigrant like u who came to uk with just a nylon bag, buying up a whole street....
Am not talking of an Indian millionaire investor ...

Virtually all the houses on the street where my church in London is located is owned by an Indian dentist and his wife....
They entered this country with nothing....

Seriously, I think it's high time we blacks really challenge ourself....
We complain too much.....
UK is not good, USA is not good, south Africa hate us, naija is hell fire....
We make feeble attempt to change our narratives and give up easily....
We always looking for already ploughed n developed vineyard....

Indian immigrants are the highest earners among all ethnic groups in the UK....
They now have their own upper class neighbourhood....
Their kids dominate grammar schools (like naija unity schools) n private schools....
They've taken over the pharmaceutical sector....
These people came like us - immigrants...
Yet naija people will keep saying uk is bad, uk is bad....
Let's learn from these people and change the way we think....
It will help us....
There's no perfect country anywhere, it's what u make of it....
Thats why naija is a shithole....

11 Likes

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by EgunMogaji2: 11:23pm On Aug 31, 2019
toluxe0075:

It's very appalling how people turn a very educating and logical debate into abusive thing. It's a debate you build your argument around. Yes, Nigeria is a corrupt country try, but does that means it doesn't have anything advantageous in comparison to the so acclaimed saner Western world? Because it is Western doesn't mean it's all great without it's own loopholes.

Nigeria is a wonderful place to be for me.

But I’ll admit that it depends on your economic status which is also true for the USA.

1 Like

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by HBB1(m): 11:23pm On Aug 31, 2019
adonainana:

its £28,000 per year sir

What CEO earns 3000 pounds monthly?
Maybe CEO of a shop!

I don't know what kind of friends you keep or circles you role in.

I know several people who earn more than 3000 pounds and they are no where near anything like CEO.

A friend sent me his paycheck some months back and it was 6600 pounds-- young Nigerian guy!

For the Nigerian guy earning 1.5 million... It's good money in Nigeria,yes, but he won't live in a poor area.

In Lagos, he lives on the Island, pays rent of say 2.5 million, minus electricity.

...He pays for health ( worse if you don't have health insurance) and school fees ( if he has kids), and it has to be according to 1.5million salary standard.
Hospitals on the Island, deposit for admission would be at least 250K, even if you have malaria. Then school fees would shatter your brain!

All of these are free in some parts, once you pay rent ( and it's attached bills) and food, you are good to go.

70 percent of Nigerians will slide into poverty if they have an illness like kidney failure, but people still bounce around (like say nothing dey) in the UK.

All the tax paid in the West is geared towards making their lives better.
The plan is for as many people to live comfortable lives.
I have been to British Parliament and gone to the Prime Minister's office-- nothing grand. The rug in front of Theresa May's office showed it had been used very well!

The idea is to manage resources so as many people will live well.

Mind you 1.5 million naira earner in Nigeria CANNOT gallivant up and down-- no MONTHLY Harrod's or Dubai or anything, the money no reach. In the international market, it's still Forex you will pay.

4 Likes

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by EgunMogaji2: 11:25pm On Aug 31, 2019
Wherever you are, work hard and pray for God’s favor.

This is skid row, Los Angeles. Just down the street from Hollywood and Beverly Hills.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by CanadaOrBust: 11:32pm On Aug 31, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

Nigeria is a wonderful place to be for me.

But I’ll admit that it depends on your economic status which is also true for the USA.

I believe if u have up to a certain amount of wealth you’d be happier in 9ja than in West (except for SECURITY!)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by SIRTee15: 11:33pm On Aug 31, 2019
HBB1:

What CEO earns 3000 pounds monthly?
Maybe CEO of a shop!

I don't know what kind of friends you keep or circles you role in.

I know several people who earn more than 3000 pounds and they are no where near anything like CEO.

A friend sent me his paycheck some months back and it was 6600 pounds-- young Nigerian guy!

For the Nigerian guy earning 1.5 million... It's good money in Nigeria,yes, but he won't live in a poor area.

In Lagos, he lives on the Island, pays rent of say 2.5 million, minus electricity.

...He pays for health ( worse if you don't have health insurance) and school fees ( if he has kids), and it has to be according to 1.5million salary standard.
Hospitals on the Island, deposit for admission would be at least 250K, even if you have malaria. Then school fees would shatter your brain!

All of these are free in some parts, once you pay rent ( and it's attached bills) and food, you are good to go.

70 percent of Nigerians will slide into poverty if they have an illness like kidney failure, but people still bounce around (like say nothing dey) in the UK.

All the tax paid in the West is geared towards making their lives better.
The plan is for as many people to live comfortable lives.
I have been to British Parliament and gone to the Prime Minister's office-- nothing grand. The rug in front of Theresa May's office showed it had been used very well!

The idea is to manage resources so as many people will live well.

Mind you 1.5 million naira earner in Nigeria CANNOT gallivant up and down-- no MONTHLY Harrod's or Dubai or anything, the money no reach. In the international market, it's still Forex you will pay.

My guy who earn 800 thousand naira per month was complaining bitterly about his daughter's school fees to nursery school...
250 thousand per term....
He lives in surulere area...
I told him to send her to public nursery school if him no wan pay big man money...
Abi wetin u wan make I talk....

That guy will soon come and tell me he can afford to shop in Harold, fly first class and even buy a new car...

1 Like

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by timesup234: 11:35pm On Aug 31, 2019
EgunMogaji2:
Wherever you are, work hard.

This is skid row, Los Angeles. Just down the street from Hollywood and Beverly Hills.
America is the capital of homelessness and poverty. Homeless people everywhere in New York, Shitcago and California begging you to spare them a dollar. Even close to the white house you will see many of them. The US. media sell the American dream to guillible Nigerians so they can move down and work like slaves round the clock. Due to the long working hours majority of Nigerians are mentally scarred forever. It is indeed a disaster. Nobody should experience this great depression and anxiety

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by Beautyaddy: 11:35pm On Aug 31, 2019
toluxe0075:

Yes, you're right!

Nigeria does have advantageous though....like

Paying low to no taxes...and that's why you're able to make fast and keep more money in savings in Nigeria.

Cost of living and building houses is very, very cheap in Nigeria....and that's why there is no need for maintenance culture with any buildings with high standards in Nigeria.

Man labour is also very cheap in Nigeria...at least you can bargain to the lowest minimum...or in some cases some people are owed months into years of salaries.

Yes, there are so many free and unaccountable free loop-holes to make easy and more money in Nigeria.

Most western countries don't have those free loop-holes that most Nigerians enjoy living in Nigeria. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by CanadaOrBust: 11:36pm On Aug 31, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

This skid row still looks decent compared to Lagos “skid row” and the people look much better

7 Likes

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by wirinet(m): 11:37pm On Aug 31, 2019
What most Nigerian at home don't know is that there is significant poverty is the US, even though it is no where near what we have in Nigeria. The bottom line is poverty is no respecter of race or country. One needs to imbibe an attitude of hard work and never accepting failure to make it anywhere.

Read this report of poverty in the US;

On Sept. 12, the U.S. Census Bureau released national poverty data for 2017.

The headline was that 39.7 million people were poor in 2017. This works out to 12.3 percent of the population or 1 in 8 Americans. The good news is that the U.S. poverty rate has fallen since 2010, when it hit 15.1 percent, and is now where it was before the Great Recession.

The bad news is that poverty still exceeds the 11.3 percent rate of 2000 and far too many people are poor in a country that is so rich. Another bit of bad news is that things look even worse if we use what many scholars like myself believe is a better poverty measure.
https://www.usnews.com/news/healthiest-communities/articles/2018-09-12/poverty-in-america-new-census-data-paint-an-unpleasant-picture%3fcontext=amp

1 Like

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by HBB1(m): 11:39pm On Aug 31, 2019
SIRTee15:

My guy who earn 800 thousand naira per month was complaining bitterly about his daughter's school fees to nursery school...
250 thousand per term....
He lives in surulere area...
I told him to send her to public nursery school if him no wan pay big man money...
Abi wetin u wan make I talk....

That guy will soon come and tell me he can afford to shop in Harold, fly first class and even buy a new car...

Baba mi, I tire o!

And how many people earn up to him? In a country where people are begging for 100k naira jobs?

Will you compare Lagos traffic, waking up by 4am and getting home by 10pm for a 100K job, with the London underground?

Some things are more than 'just' financial equivalent!

Person wey dey reason say Naija na the best option...so be it.

1 Like

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by EgunMogaji2: 11:41pm On Aug 31, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

This skid row still looks decent compared to Lagos “skid row” and the people look much better

I’ve done charity work in SRLA, none of the citizens there would agree that it’s “decent”, this I assure you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by timesup234: 11:43pm On Aug 31, 2019
HBB1:

Baba mi, I tire o!

And how many people earn up to him? In a country where people are begging for 100k naira jobs?

Will you compare Lagos traffic, waking up by 4am and getting home by 10pm for a 100K job, with the London underground?

Some things are more than 'just' financial equivalent!

Person wey dey reason say Naija na the best option...so be it.
Go and learn a skill and stop looking for a salary job. Bricklayers make well over 200k monthly during building season. Even women hawking food make over 150k monthly. Taxi drivers can make upward from 150k too. That's just 5k daily. That's nothing for an average Nigerian. Salary job is confinment, create something for yourself

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by EgunMogaji2: 11:43pm On Aug 31, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

I believe if u have up to a certain amount of wealth you’d be happier in 9ja than in West (except for SECURITY!)

Security? In the USA? grin

1 Like

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by Beautyaddy: 11:44pm On Aug 31, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

There was a documentary of these people being shown on CNN.

So my question is why are these people forcing themselves to stay in Los- Angeles...of is it by force.

The US has 50 States...and in some of those States there are cities that offer way more cheaper cost of living.

Los- Angeles is a very, very expensive city to live in if you're not into entertainment or high tech IT.

1 Like

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by timesup234: 11:46pm On Aug 31, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

America is the crime capital of the world. More like a jungle where monkeys dwell. The United States has more people in prison than the whole of Africa and China. America is a crime infested shithole

https://edition-m.cnn.com/2018/06/28/us/mass-incarceration-five-key-facts/index.html?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by Beautyaddy: 11:48pm On Aug 31, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

Yes...way better than in Nigeria.

Most if no all Nigerians need to build their houses surrounded with high fences and gates...and even hire gate-men.

How many houses in the western countries are surrounded with high fences and gates for protection against arm-robbers?
Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by EgunMogaji2: 11:51pm On Aug 31, 2019
Beautyaddy:

There was a documentary of these people being shown on CNN.

So my question is why are these people forcing themselves to stay in Los- Angeles...of is it by force.

The US has 50 States...and in some of those States there are cities that offer way more cheaper cost of living.

Los- Angeles is a very, very expensive city to live in if you're not into entertainment or high tech IT.

1) Weather. Southern California is blessed with almost year round good weather. So it’s better to be homeless there than in say Duluth, Ohio.

2) Some came to LA, like folks move to Lagos, to chase a dream. When the dream collapses they get stuck. I met at least two people still clutching to a movie script they came to LA to sell.

3) California is a pretty liberal state so they have access to both public and private shelters and food banks. Some states are hostile.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by HBB1(m): 11:51pm On Aug 31, 2019
timesup234:
Go and learn a skill and stop looking for a salary job. Bricklayers make well over 200k monthly during building season. Even women hawking food make over 150k monthly. Taxi drivers can make upward from 150k too. That's just 5k daily. That's nothing for an average Nigerian. Salary job is confinment, create something for yourself

...and is 200 thousand naira money?! grin

Nigeria rates very poorly on the ease of doing business list.

My family is one of business people and I know how they have suffered over the years-- hardworking innovative people!

You make it seem as if the answer to success is 'work hard and believe in yourself'

Lemme burst your bubble, your environment is the most important factor to determine success-- decade when born, where you grew up, your family background, schools you attended...

Acertain secondary school in he North has produced at least 3 Nigerian Heads of State/President. You think it's co-incidence?

Successful people don't work harder than poorer people, they just have some 'unfair' advantages which they leverage on.

I am not a dreamer or philosopher, I am practical.

4 Likes

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by EgunMogaji2: 11:55pm On Aug 31, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Yes...way better than in Nigeria.

Most if no all Nigerians need to build their houses surrounded with high fences and gates...and even hire gate-men.

How many houses in the western countries are surrounded with high fences and gates for protection against arm-robbers?

Many houses in my neighborhood in Ibadan do not have fences.

I consider MaiGuard an affordable luxury not a necessity.

There are very violent crimes in East LA, Compton, South Central, etc and on most MLK Boulevard in USA cities.

All countries have crime.

My personal issue is response to crime. I wish that I could bring my arsenal to Nigeria sad

3 Likes

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by timesup234: 11:55pm On Aug 31, 2019
HBB1:

...and is 200 thousand naira money?! grin

Nigeria rates very poorly on the ease of doing business list.

My family is one of business people and I know how they have suffered over the years-- hardworking innovative people!

You make it seem as if the answer to success is 'work hard and believe in yourself'

Lemme burst your bubble, your environment is the most important factor to determine success-- decade when born, where you grew up, your family background, schools you attended...

Acertain secondary school in he North has produced at least 3 Nigerian Heads of State/President. You think it's co-incidence?

Successful people don't work harder than poorer people, they just have some 'unfair' advantages which they leverage on.

I am not a dreamer or philosopher, I am practical.

200k is not money but when you plan with what you have there will surely be an evidence of your years of labor. And that is why taxi drivers, food hawkers, tipper and truck drivers and bricklayers who know what they are doing are all building houses in Nigeria and training their kids in above moderate schools.

3 Likes

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by salford1: 11:55pm On Aug 31, 2019
Beautyaddy:

lool!!...The Strength must come from a very Bitter, Frustrated, Angry, Lazy, Jealous and Jobless person who wants by all means to add as much people to join him. cheesy
Misery loves company. grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (24) (Reply)

Photos Of A Container Fall In Apapa Lagos, Perfectly Timed / Eva Gichuru: Female Pilot Applauded For Landing Plane Safely Despite Bad Weather / Loko Oweto Bridge, Benue River At Night. Very Beautiful... (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.